UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > bone pups? (how is your doing ?)
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

man it has started hot and heavy here screaming hot tracks to den's made about 6 trees tonight 2 huge boars on the outside 1 slick 3 dens two of wich I could see the coon sitting inside. Both the boars were swelled up. Tons of tracks around the dens the females might not be ready but the males are in hot pursuit. I guess if I only got to breed for one month out of the year I would be out cruising looking for a willing female also can't say I blame them. The pup looked good tonight man can she flat out fly on a hot running track it takes he no time to cover that ground on these type of tracks. here are a couple of pics from tonight the first pic I can hear that huge locate coming out of her.

A MAN'S EGO IS A HEAVY LOAD FOR HIS DOG TO HAVE TO CARRY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-28-2013 02:01 AM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-02-2014 10:16 PM
thomsgunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomsgunner Click here to Send thomsgunner a Private Message Find more posts by thomsgunner Add thomsgunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

man me and my bone pup both have a bad case of cabin fever. with the temps set to get up in the 40's and 50's these next few days this will be some of the finest hunting N.E. Ohio has to offer this is one of those times a man can put a hurting of those boar coons and fill the freezer up. Also this is a good time for the pup she will get some of those long hard running boar tracks. I think this is a good time also to work on their accuracy because those boars tend to tap a few trees along the way makes a pup check their selves before they lock down. I'll post some pictures of the next few days hopefully with a truck full of coons. how has every one else's bone pups been making out ?

Old Post 01-08-2014 08:34 PM
Climb or Die is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Climb or Die Click here to Send Climb or Die a Private Message Click Here to Email Climb or Die Find more posts by Climb or Die Add Climb or Die to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Were getting cabin fever down here to. My bone pup Repo kinda liked staying in the house the last couple of days. I think them ol rutting boar coons will be some good tracking experience for them pups also. My pup needs some of that. God hunting to all

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 01-09-2014 02:31 AM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

My Bone pup

BONE COLLECTOR / CHESNEYS STYLISH WILD CHILD
12 months old getting it done the right way

PR' THOM'S BACKWATER DEACON

Last edited by thomsgunner on 01-12-2014 at 10:53 PM

Old Post 01-12-2014 10:23 PM
thomsgunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomsgunner Click here to Send thomsgunner a Private Message Find more posts by thomsgunner Add thomsgunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Good lookin pup u got there Thomsgunner.

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 01-13-2014 04:17 AM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Barnes
UKC Forum Member

Backwater Homer (Bone x Bey Bey)

Here is a video of Backwater Homer (Bone x Bey Bey). Another UKC First this weekend.

GR. NT. CH. Gold Ch. Backwater Homer '13 Reserve Jr. SS Champ

Old Post 01-13-2014 05:25 PM
Jeff Barnes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Barnes Click here to Send Jeff Barnes a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Barnes Find more posts by Jeff Barnes Add Jeff Barnes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chad west
Good lookin pup u got there Thomsgunner.

Thanks I really like him big mouth big motor and brains to go along with that.

Old Post 01-14-2014 03:09 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

Flo looked good tonight she went 4-6 four singles a den and a slick but she done a nice job getting in there and getting struck and can make running track look easy. the last track gave her a little problem and she came up slick but I sent her on and she got treed with a coon so all and all a good night. she continues to get better the more and more I hunt her. I have some pics and video of tonight but my camera is not cooperating right now I'll get them on here tomorrow.

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:35 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

jeff the homer dog has proven he is a winner as with most of the dogs you stap a lead too. Look forward to seeing the big fella in the magazines in the future. he sure is a good looking sucker

Old Post 01-15-2014 03:37 AM
Jeff Barnes
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the post. The best feeling in the world is a compliment from fellow coon hunters. But none of this would be possible for me without Eric Piatt. Homer is a nice dog and you will be seeing him in the books! Sounds like your pup is coming along very well! Keep her in the woods and hopefully I'll see you down the road!

GR. NT. CH. Gold Ch. Backwater Homer '13 Reserve Jr. SS Champ

Last edited by Jeff Barnes on 01-15-2014 at 05:17 AM

Old Post 01-15-2014 05:14 AM
Jeff Barnes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Barnes Click here to Send Jeff Barnes a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Barnes Find more posts by Jeff Barnes Add Jeff Barnes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gillum
New UKC Forum Member

i got a female thats buckcreek on bottom and odysseys eliminator and springcreek rock on top.. i was thinkin about breeding her to bones ! shes a coon dog shes apleasure dog could do real good in the hunts and a rigging machine!
i bred her sister off the first breeding of this cross to tree slammin frankie !

Old Post 01-15-2014 05:39 AM
Gillum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gillum Click here to Send Gillum a Private Message Click Here to Email Gillum Find more posts by Gillum Add Gillum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tate Pumphrey
UKC Forum Member

btt

2015 WORLD QUALIFIER
2014 world qualifier
2013 world qualifier
2012 100 top finalist as an 18 month old pup
PKC money won=$45
2013 qualified for the world hunt
2012 placed 3rd at the Iowa State Hunt
2012 SEMI FINALS Wisconsin 4th overall with double cast wins

Big Time Gunner
STYLISH DOT X FOX RIDGE CANE

Email: tmpumphrey5@gmail.com
Phone: 319-850-2617

Old Post 01-15-2014 04:25 PM
Tate Pumphrey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tate Pumphrey Click here to Send Tate Pumphrey a Private Message Find more posts by Tate Pumphrey Add Tate Pumphrey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

its been slow going around here the weather has been just frigid but the night I have got to hunt flo has looked super good. I have been hunting her right by herself and her confidence is soaring. she has been hunting out good so that is no longer a concern with me she has been going till she gets struck and putting ends to her tracks the majority of the time she has had the coon or a den not many slicks at all since I started working on her accuracy. Not looking to set the world on fire quite yet I will continue to hunt her by herself and the only hunts she will be in will be to get her hundred won for the fall ss but after the ss is when I will start pushing her and running the state race with her. how has everybody else pups been coming along ???

Old Post 01-19-2014 02:25 AM
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

Deacon looked real good last night , we finally had a break in the weather only had time to go for a short hunt but he did a real nice job 2 on the outside and one den

Old Post 01-27-2014 02:56 AM
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

Haven't got to hunt here, to cold and snowy to hunt these mountains.

Old Post 01-28-2014 02:05 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

fisher its been the same around here sub zero temps and the one day it warmed up enough to even consider hunting mother nature played a cruel joke and dropped a foot of fresh snow on us. Where are all those global warming experts right now?

Old Post 01-28-2014 04:45 PM
thomsgunner
UKC Forum Member

Got one more hunt in before the freezing rain hits , it was preaty good a single, a double, and a den and home by 9:30, Deacon did a great job, every time out he gets better. I could not be happier with him, old Bone is really throwing some nice ones.

Old Post 01-31-2014 03:49 AM
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

first time out in a few weeks and probably should have waited another couple of days for some of the snow to melt off but I went anyhow. made two tree both legit dens no track barks just wham bam treed. this is in about 8 inches of that hard crunchy snow oh well I had cabin fever and flo is no worse for the wear. Looks like we have a heat wave coming supposed to hit the 50's this upcoming week boy I cant wait. any one else been hunting?

Old Post 02-14-2014 02:38 AM
Vince Klonowski
UKC Forum Member

hey Jay do you want a JoJo and Hyde (son of bone collector - lone pine female) pup? Jojo's about 5 days into her heat cycle .

Old Post 02-14-2014 03:38 AM
Vince Klonowski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vince Klonowski Click here to Send Vince Klonowski a Private Message Find more posts by Vince Klonowski Add Vince Klonowski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Jay, I gotta say Bone is one of the best reproducing dogs out there.

He're mine that Vince is talking about.

He's the loudest dog I've ever had.
He's very accurate, rarely misses.
Likes to get off by himself.
Can really drive a track.

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
LONE PINE HYDE COLLECTOR

..............................................NITECH SKUNA RIVER FRED
...............................NITECH MEDLEY'S HARDWOOD HOMER
..............................................NITECH RACCOON VALLEY QUEEN
.............GRNITECH BACKWATER BONE COLLECTOR
..............................................GRNITECH FLETCHERS STYLISH JAKE
...............................GRNITECH LOOKEN UP STYLISH NOWHERES
..............................................GRNITECH BACKWATER PEARL

LONE PINE HYDE COLLECTOR

..............................................GRNITECH NOCTURNAL STYLE
...............................GRNITECH ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
..............................................GRNITECH ROCK RIVER LADY
.............GRNITECH LONE PINE TRACK GIRL
..............................................GRNITECH LONE PINE COWBOY
...............................GRNITECH LONE PINE PATSY
..............................................GRNITECH LONE PINE SHANIA

Lone Pine North

Old Post 02-14-2014 12:35 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
Jay, I gotta say Bone is one of the best reproducing dogs out there.

He're mine that Vince is talking about.

He's the loudest dog I've ever had.
He's very accurate, rarely misses.
Likes to get off by himself.
Can really drive a track.

Mine is of similar breeding JB, except he is lone pine x house's stalker on the bottom instead of trackman.
Unfortunately this weather has been holding back his training.

Believe it or not he has grown since this pic, and his head is even bigger, no lie its as big as a bowling ball. He isn't even a year old yet. I sure am looking forward to March.

Last edited by Fisher13 on 02-14-2014 at 06:21 PM

Old Post 02-14-2014 06:13 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Fisher can you post a pedigree?

Lone Pine North

Old Post 02-14-2014 07:18 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Climb or Die
UKC Forum Member

vince I truly appreciate the offer but I will have to decline at this time. This pup I have is really starting to make the right kind and I will be hunting her mostly alone for the next year or so getting ready for the super stakes and then some state races and bigger pkc hunts. JoJo is the right kind and the type people should want a pup out of. Good luck with your new litter. Hope all is well with you and your family and we'll have to get together for a hunt sometime.

Old Post 02-14-2014 10:11 PM
Vince Klonowski
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Climb or Die
vince I truly appreciate the offer but I will have to decline at this time. This pup I have is really starting to make the right kind and I will be hunting her mostly alone for the next year or so getting ready for the super stakes and then some state races and bigger pkc hunts. JoJo is the right kind and the type people should want a pup out of. Good luck with your new litter. Hope all is well with you and your family and we'll have to get together for a hunt sometime.

it's OK i completely understand. I wish you the best of luck, she sounds like a nice one. Give me a call anytime to go.

Last edited by Vince Klonowski on 03-04-2014 at 09:27 PM

Old Post 02-15-2014 12:46 AM
Vince Klonowski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vince Klonowski Click here to Send Vince Klonowski a Private Message Find more posts by Vince Klonowski Add Vince Klonowski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote