UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New rule concerning Nite Champion next year
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

New rule concerning Nite Champion next year

I am not a fan of the new Nite Champion rule that will be effective January 1st. I think upping the number of wins to eight AND having to compete against Grand Nites to get those eight wins is unfair. I think keeping it at five wins would have been good enough. Why change that part?

This past weekend I finished a female to Grand Nite so I could get it done before the new year and the new rules. Given the new rule change coming soon, I probably wont even bother with finishing a dog to Grand again. That might just be me, but that is how I feel. I will probably finish one to Nite Champion, then concentrate on the other KC's out there.

Would love to see UKC put together a State race and maybe a National Male and Female leader board like the other KC's. Recognition and publicity goes a long way and if UKC would concentrate on promotion, then I think they could get their whole money hunt thing off the ground.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-14-2018 08:02 PM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Re: New rule concerning Nite Champion next year

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Hunter
I am not a fan of the new Nite Champion rule that will be effective January 1st. I think upping the number of wins to eight AND having to compete against Grand Nites to get those eight wins is unfair. I think keeping it at five wins would have been good enough. Why change that part?.

Do you think your NTCH dog isn't just as good as the GNTCH? All I'm saying is that in other kennel clubs all dogs hunt against each other. If you haul one to town don't be afraid to put it against the best and beat the best. And in the end your dog is going to be a GRNT right? So if she cant beat a GRNT dog before she has that title is she worthy of the title?

Now the state race thing is an idea I like but who knows if it would ever take off.

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 12-14-2018 08:10 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Titleing a dog is a thing of the past for me.... I'm not interested in that anymore., but I do like the $hunts .....screw the titles.

Old Post 12-14-2018 08:15 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Not trying to be smart , but if you want to win in other KC you better be able to beat grandnites as a nite champion. I think it’s great the nites have to hunt against the grand. Same caliber dog if you asked me. Other KC are based on cast wins . If a person can’t get 8 to succeed in ukc good luck in the others.

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:26 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

I don't really go to enough hunts anymore to even comment, but I absolutely agree with the original poster on the state and national races. I commend UKC on taking chances on requirement changes for titles as a means to bolster participation, but I really think it was a swing and a miss. Incentive to put titles on a dog isn't there anymore, incentive to stay in a state race might be..?

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:39 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

To answer the question, UKC has buried under constant complaints that their titles have little worth today because they are too easily attained due to the drastic drop in entries at their weekly events. So this is their answer to cheap titles. Some even think it will bring about increases entries (I don't)). I reality, the part about hunting against GnNtCh dogs remains to be seen. They have to show up at your local event first. I don't think they will.
When it is all said and done, the biggest difference most will notice is that now you will have to show in minimum of 8 times instead of 5. It will actually be easier since you no longer have to win the hunt, just get 8 cheap cast wins. Instead of being harder Mr Wells, it now probably gonna be way too easy making our cheap titles even cheaper.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:45 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

Gr NT

I thought it was Cast wins, if so how many time in past when you made a Gr Nt you go to a hunt and there is 2 or 3 casts of Nt Ch.

You win your cast but get beat by one of the other casts?

I may be wrong but I thought if you win a Nt Ch cast with plus points it counts as a cast win to gr Nt.

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:47 PM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You thought right.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:52 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Well I will put a different spin on it anybody that is a moh and takes people's money knows this is true we get griped out for every decision ukc makes !! Now the biggest complaint I get on the new format is up in states where there are clubs on every corner things will be ok. In states where clubs are already folding the distance between clubs makes it to expensive to chase a title that's really only good for a certificate to look at on the wall. The big stud dog days are over the big breeders are having trouble moving puppies. We got a meat hunt on Jan 5th and 27 people already are hunting ! We got 1 club 30 miles from me it's at least 2 hrs to the rest. So in if it takes a bunch of cast wins to get to the money being give away.

These boys ain't interested in it. Not being negative just stating facts.

Tar

Old Post 12-14-2018 11:58 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Not trying to be smart , but if you want to win in other KC you better be able to beat grandnites as a nite champion. I think it’s great the nites have to hunt against the grand. Same caliber dog if you asked me. Other KC are based on cast wins . If a person can’t get 8 to succeed in ukc good luck in the others.

WE DONT ALL HUNT IN THE OTHER KC'S

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-15-2018 01:06 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Good for you , glad you like hunting ukc only. I like them all. The man said he is gonna hunt other KC because of rule change. In the other KC there is not an option of what type dog or what that dog has earned for that matter that you can choose from.You will turn loose with the best . So my point being if you can’t beat a Grnitech with a Nitech you probably want be happy elsewhere.

Old Post 12-15-2018 01:37 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I hate to see UKC get involved with money hunts. Am 43 years old . Some say am still a young pup, maybe so. When I was a boy an you seen that Grnitech in front of a dogs name it said a lot.Yes people cheated back then to earn that title just like they cheat today . But still it seems like it ment that certain dog was the top dog so to speak. Money makes people do strange things. It’s not about the dog anymore, it’s about who can out handle who. Club numbers will not go up until the ones who have been doing it for awhile leaves something that will make a first time hunter want to come back. Sportsmanship is a missing thing in these hunts.It is a dying sport an until we stop being greedy an disrespectful toward one another it will continue to dye. Bring back the days where the dogs did the competing not the handlers .

Old Post 12-15-2018 02:01 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
I hate to see UKC get involved with money hunts. Am 43 years old . Some say am still a young pup, maybe so. When I was a boy an you seen that Grnitech in front of a dogs name it said a lot.Yes people cheated back then to earn that title just like they cheat today . But still it seems like it ment that certain dog was the top dog so to speak. Money makes people do strange things. It’s not about the dog anymore, it’s about who can out handle who. Club numbers will not go up until the ones who have been doing it for awhile leaves something that will make a first time hunter want to come back. Sportsmanship is a missing thing in these hunts.It is a dying sport an until we stop being greedy an disrespectful toward one another it will continue to dye. Bring back the days where the dogs did the competing not the handlers .

BINGO!

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:17 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Hobo now you know what I mean about the old format before the change in the 80's. That 43 yr old man nailed it !!

Tar

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:32 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Sgraves/Hobo

Amen need to put the respect back in the equation. Make it about the dogs and not the handler. Personally I see these changes as being good for the hunts. A man could never do better than win his cast, and now his dog will be rewarded for winning his cast. I just don't understand why anyone thinks this will make a cheaper title. I see it as leveling the playing field, no need to worry about high score hunting on buckets beating you. Honey hole advantage no longer, maybe this is why a certain few are against these changes, it eliminates the edge they have always had. JS. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:39 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave let me put it in perspective for you ........... You been out a long time tonight they are having a $$$ hunt 20 miles from me. They are having it under a carport in the middle of a graveyard. In one sense you say if that's all they can afford. In anouther sense what if a dog hiked his leg and wee wee on your parents grave. They think nothing of it............. And you want to talk about respect ............ They don't know what that is. And believe me if it took 20 wins to make ntch there will still be cases where the dog is in one state and the easy entry card in anouther at a 1or2 dog hunt under a carport.

You see the old format it was hard to do that with 60 sets of eyes on you hope you understand.

Tar

Old Post 12-15-2018 04:01 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I do understand when you are talking these 2/3 dog hunts, but those days of 60 dog hunts are gone. I just hope we start seeing 15/20 dogs at these small club hunts. Respect is like a lot of things, it's not what it used to be, but at least each of us can do their part, gotta start somewhere. Lol. Dave

Old Post 12-15-2018 04:20 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Thank you fellas for being kind. I will always have a place for Ukc as long as I go to theses hunts. And a title will always mean something to me. My first nite hunt was the st Jude hunt. First nite hunt my dog had been entered in . Didn’t do good on Friday night , got a fourth place win on Saturday night. That night has never left me. Went on to local hunts made him a nitchamption , then finally a grannite . My point is am all for whatever makes a man happy if it doesn’t make the next man fall.But all people have a problem if not careful ,they will think more bout themselves than others.We are involved in a sport that requires the taking of newcomers under our wing an showing them why we do what we do. I mean we roam around in the dark chaseing a dog.I don’t know the right answer . Deer hunters an turkey hunters are on the same page . We coon hunters don’t need enimmes we have each other.

Old Post 12-15-2018 04:44 AM
Pak1971
Banned

I think they all should hunt together just like pkc etc. I mean you guys say if a dog is worthy if being a ntch he should beat a grand, well open should be able to beat a ntch then as well.

Old Post 12-15-2018 02:48 PM
Pak1971 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pak1971 Click here to Send Pak1971 a Private Message Find more posts by Pak1971 Add Pak1971 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why should an open registered dog be able to beat a Gr Nt Ch? Should a high school football team be able to beat the Dallas Cowboys? Should a Golden Gloves Boxer be able to beat a Pro boxer? I can understand that people think that a Nt Ch should not be able to make Gr Nt Ch until it can beat Gr Nt Ch's. But open registered dogs are just starting out and learning.
I can also understand that some will not even attempt to make their Nt Ch's a Gr Nt because it will arguably be harder. But the ones that do make Gr Nt after Jan 1st will truly deserve it. Having a Gr Nt title should carry more prestige. Of course these are "shoulds". It remains to be seen what will actually happen.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:10 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert have to disagree with ya on this. If your dog dog is just starting out and learning you haven't done your homework and are entering your dog too soon. I've took first time dogs and beat the britches off High titled dogs in hunts that hunted together.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:19 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pak1971
Banned

Why? Because it's my opinion just like you have yours! Except everytime someone gives a opinion I dont get on here and gripe and question them.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:30 PM
Pak1971 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pak1971 Click here to Send Pak1971 a Private Message Find more posts by Pak1971 Add Pak1971 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr River, are you saying that you think an open registered dog should be able to beat a Gr Nt Ch?

You are comparing apple's to oranges. You don't have to tree a coon to win a cast in that other registry, although it helps. There is a lot of luck and handling involved in winning in that registry, especially in 1 hr casts. I have won casts with a registered dog when hunting against titled dogs also but not because I had a better dog.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Mine were better, at least on that night. lol BTW I've never won any hunt without plus points

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:39 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr PAK, you can have your opinion, just as I can have mine. I was just wondering what reasoning you were basing your opinion on. You could convince me to change my opinion. It has happened before. I am pretty wishy washy. Why so paranoid. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean that your opinion is wrong. And I am a questioning kind of guy. I guess that I should move to Missouri.

Old Post 12-15-2018 03:42 PM