UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather!!!

I know I am lol. Wanted to give an update on Rock while seeing how everyone was doing. Rock has been doing quite well for himself in the woods, so i decided to put him to the test. Took Rock out on a club hunt last friday night, sorta a mock night hunt in a way. I drew out with two english males and a redbone female. Our first drop wasen't that great. Rock and one of the english dogs struck and tried to beat each other too the tree HARD! They both ran down into a swail and must have lost the scent. On our second drop, the english males decided to try and "stake a claim" on the female. All three dogs came in by the time Rock was struck and treed. Won the cast with 325+.

The next time Rock proved to me what kind of hound he truely is turning out to be. Sunday night we pulled in to some state gamelands for a hunt. We shined our high-beams sown through the field, and were met with 14 sets of eyes. 7 deer were feeding down through the cut corn. I hesitated hunting the hounds here, it seemend to just be asking for trouble, but we disregarded it and went along anyway, seeing the deer had cleared out. I cut Rock at the back of the corn field, about 20 yards into the woods. As soon as he was cut, he turned on his heels and bee-lined it straight for the corn. My heart went into my throat as I thought he was on the deer. I ran after him, as Rock lit out on the track along the left side of the field, heading back for the truck. Rock quickly moved the track and ran it down to the southern edge of the field. After listening to Rock trailing, I wasen't sure of what Rock was trailing. His weaving and bobbing through the woods was classic "Rock on a ringtail" and sure enough my ears recieved the wonderful sounds of two long locates and a steady chopping. He had the meat Coon must have been feeding in the field with his "fellow woodsman"

I hope everyone gets the chance to enjoy the spring weather, and see you guys in the hunts!

Corey

Last edited by Blue Boy Rebel on 04-16-2009 at 12:57 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2009 12:51 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Corey

Sounds like you had a great time Corey...nothing better in my book than to see a young hound get it together.

Keep at it and maybe you'll be carrying your first hunt trophy home with you one of these weekends.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 04-16-2009 01:01 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom,

His 1st Official Nite Hunt will be the Zone 6 All Red Hunt for sure.

Corey

Old Post 04-16-2009 01:04 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

Red on the wood last night

We made two dumps last night. The first tree was a big den, cut the dogs from there and they went huntin pretty good. Got treed second time in a big walnut with the meat. Red looked good both drops. He pulled up first on the tree with the coon. He can really run a track. Good little tree dog too. I really like this dog Tom.

Aint he pretty on that tree!!

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Last edited by CX3 on 04-16-2009 at 03:36 AM

Old Post 04-16-2009 03:26 AM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A.Kath
UKC Forum Member

Sharp lookin dog!
It looks a little greener down there.

Andy

Old Post 04-16-2009 03:49 AM
A.Kath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A.Kath Click here to Send A.Kath a Private Message Click Here to Email A.Kath Find more posts by A.Kath Add A.Kath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Red

Hey Paul, Red is lookin' good...on the wood. He has had a knack for it since early on. The first or second time we had him in training, he ran hard, located like a veteran and treed like he meant it and without a lot of messing around. A dog has to click with with his owner/handler to really have a chance to make it and it looks like you have clicked with him...good stuff!

Time always tells the whole story but it sure helps when you can see that there is something special in them early on.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 04-16-2009 12:20 PM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

Re: Red on the wood last night

quote:
Originally posted by CX3

We made two dumps last night. The first tree was a big den, cut the dogs from there and they went huntin pretty good. Got treed second time in a big walnut with the meat. Red looked good both drops. He pulled up first on the tree with the coon. He can really run a track. Good little tree dog too. I really like this dog Tom.

Aint he pretty on that tree!!

Very nice looking hound on the wood. Looks like he has a very bright future ahead of him. Best of Luck Paul Keep him in the woods. Again he looks great.

Roger

Old Post 04-16-2009 12:43 PM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

RED...

...Very Nice Pix! Keep up the great work and keep having FUN!

HappyHUnting Heather and Bob

Old Post 04-16-2009 02:30 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Sweet Cherry

Tom sent you a picture of Sweet Cherry from last night for the post. Dropped her three times and treed three. Had a good hunt. Dave

Old Post 04-17-2009 12:49 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Cherry...

Dave, I enjoyed the conversation last night but I'm sorry I missed the action in the woods when you called earlier.

This is a nice picture of Dave's Cherry female...lookin' good...on the wood.

Three drops, three tracks and three coons...that's a good night of hunting.

We're looking forward to the summer Dave, hopefully we can put some nice pups on the ground and get another "new generation" off to a good start.

Old Post 04-17-2009 02:10 PM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Sweet Cherry...

...Looking Great! Bob and I enjoyed seeing her picture this morning! SOunds like an awesome time being had with her... hope the great times continue for a LONGGGgggg Time!

HappyHunting Heather and Bob

Old Post 04-18-2009 02:34 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

how are the rabble pups been doing lately.........mine have been in heat.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 04-29-2009 01:24 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pastor Mike

Traveled to an American Sectional at Mediapolis Saturday. Griz got a Best of Show and King of Show. Storms moved in at dark and rained, thundered, and lightning all evening. Started out the hunt in the lead, but plus points got chiseled away and ended up with zero. Had the privelage to hunt with Mitchell Bennett. Swell guy to hunt with. We were the only 2 dogs left in the cast and ended with a dead cast.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 04-29-2009 04:32 PM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Pastor Mike

I was told by someone that Baker (littermate brother to Cherry and Sis) picked up a first? Can't verify, but I trust the source.

As for mine, she's been in heat as well. Of course, it's been the nicest weather we've had for ever during this time. lol

Last edited by Chris Snyder on 04-29-2009 at 08:41 PM

Old Post 04-29-2009 08:35 PM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A.Kath
UKC Forum Member

Baker

Wish it were true, but Baker does not have a first.

Andy

Old Post 04-30-2009 12:43 AM
A.Kath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A.Kath Click here to Send A.Kath a Private Message Click Here to Email A.Kath Find more posts by A.Kath Add A.Kath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Sorry Man

Just what I'd heard. That goes to show you what you can do with what you hear right? lol

Old Post 04-30-2009 12:59 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

Hey Tim...congratulations on the nice show win with Griz while at the American Redbone sectional.

Dave has been hunting some with Yank and Leinie and we'll be firing up training on a regular basis now that spring has sprung

We'll try to get some regular photos again as we start to transition in a couple of these nice young hounds...turkey season has kind of cut into the hunting time and territory.

Have some nice pups just coming 7 weeks old this week, out of Yank and Val and one out of Yank and Pigeon...real nice pups...bold and loud. All are spoken for at this point but they are very nice and I wish I had planned to keep more than what we'll end up being able to keep but...that's the way it goes. We're looking forward to fooling with them as they start to grow and get out and about.

Hope you all are enjoying the spring weather and the dogs and can look forward to another GREAT summer.

Old Post 04-30-2009 01:05 PM
redbone mark
UKC Forum Member

My Rabble x Val pup is doing really well, just turned a year. She's been tracking and treeing released coon and having the meat every time. She also finished a track that my older dog started and couldn't finish and had the meat too. She's a good looker too, real houndy. I'm very happy with her!!

Thanks Tom!

Last edited by redbone mark on 04-30-2009 at 08:37 PM

Old Post 04-30-2009 06:31 PM
redbone mark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone mark Click here to Send redbone mark a Private Message Click Here to Email redbone mark Find more posts by redbone mark Add redbone mark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

redbonemark

Hey Mark, I'm glad to hear that your female pup is doing good for you. We are hearing some good things from that cross and the one before. Rusty Zook from Iowa put a second place win on his Case dog this weekend and he is a full brother to your female. Case now has a second and a third in UKC competition so a first place win will hopefully be in the hear future for Rusty and him. He's a nice hound and just turned 2 years of age so he'll get better I'm sure, just like your female.

Keep at it with her and you'll have yourself some fun come this next hide season. Let me know how she's doing now and then, I like to hear about it.

Old Post 05-03-2009 10:43 PM
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations!

Aaron Wade got another win towards Gr. Nite Ch. with his Sid female and his cousin Rusty got a second place win on his young male that he calls Case.

Case is out of the Rabble and Val cross. I believe Case now has a second and a third in UKC competition, hopefully a first place win will be somewhere in the near future. I got a chance to hunt with Case this last fall and he's a real nice pup with a lot of good potential. From what I could see, he's got coon sense and that means he's accurate...that's a good characteristic for a young hound.

Sid is a nice young female out of Rabble and Pigeon and Aaron does a good job with her. It's a long road sometimes to the Grand Nite Champion title but it comes one win at a time so Aaron has a good start with her. I don't know if he has two or three now but they all count so it was a good job done.

Congratulations to both Aaron and Rusty on placing this weekend.

Dave had Angel and Leinie out the other night and they did a real nice job on two drops. The first drop was a good track and tree with two coons and the second drop was the same, a good track and treed with the meat...both dogs looked real good. Angel looked good even though she's nearing her fifth week of being pregnant. She's a good ol' gal and can still deliver the goods. Leinie is more and more consistent and has a mouth that rings from one end of the valley to the other.

Old Post 05-03-2009 10:56 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Sid

congrats to aaron and rusty on their wins.

I think Tom that this win for Sid is her third nite ch. win. I guess I'm going to have to get the dust off of Haze to try and catch up with Sid now. Can't have sister getting all the action.....lol.

Nice job aaron.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 05-04-2009 02:48 PM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Solo

Well Hurnie and I went solo tonight. Three drop's two coon and a hole. 1 drop 9:15 coon treed @ 9:25, 2 drop 9:40 hole @ 9:45, 3 drop 10:00 coon treed @ 10:20, and back home at 10:55. I love it !!!
Pictures at first tree. TREE DAWG!

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 05-13-2009 04:15 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Nice...

Hey Buck, nice pics...Hurnie looks real good...on the wood!

Dave took Leinie and Yank Sunday night...3 drops...3 coons on a couple of tough tracks and one pretty easy one. He was out last night too but I didn't get the details yet.

We'll be heading down to southern Iowa later on this week to hunt with the guys and spend some good time visiting with Aaron, Chris, Tim, Danny and the rest of the crew down that way. We always have a good time down there and we're looking forward to it again this year.

Hopefully, we'll get some pics to update over the next couple of weeks.

Old Post 05-13-2009 05:06 AM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Cherry

Hi Tom,
Sweet Cherry is in season. Dave

Old Post 05-17-2009 05:52 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Cherry...

Hey Dave...I'm glad to hear that she's coming in...I hope we can get something done with her. The pups I have here out of Yank and Val and Pigeon are very nice acting and outgoing pups that want to get into everything already. The whole litter was like that and I'm very excited about them and looking forward to starting one or two. It should be a fun summer working with these pups. Angel is close to having her litter out of Yank also and I would expect those to be on the ground in the next week to 10 days.

I hope to see you soon Dave, take care of yourself and hopefully you can get some decent weather between those storms that seem to slide through that part of the country this time of the year.

Old Post 05-17-2009 10:45 PM