UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Rabble Rouser...Next generations...
Pages (115): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Spring

Hey Tim, it's the same up here...it got up to 67 yesterday and up to near 65 today and man oh man...it felt great. The mud is another story though, the frost is coming out and it is a mud hole no matter where you go. My driveway is near impossible to get up but I lock 'em in and away we go. Couple more days above 40 and the frost will be out and things will start to dry up...no green up here yet, just bare ground and mud...

I just got off the phone with Woofter and he had Cherry talkin' to me over the phone at the bottom of a big oak with the meat in the top...she sounded good and so did Dave.

The dogs are rammy and barking every night now that it's warming up a bit. I can't hardly stand it when Dave comes to pick up a dog or two, the ones he leaves behind are raising heck. Moose will hit the timber this weekend and will stay out from that point forward...it should be fun...he's cranked up and doesn't like to be left behind.

Red will be ready to go with another couple of trips to the woods.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2009 02:02 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Hunt...

Dave made it out the other night and took the Moose along with Yank. He got a good shot of the dogs on the wood...

This is Moose on the wood and Yank on the ground...

Dave called the other night and let me listen to Cherry on the wood and she sounded good.

This is Cherry telling the world she's got the meat...

Moose is a "little" on the heavy side from lack of work over this winter but...he'll be back in shape pretty quick. He gets with the program when turned loose and he wants to do good...can't ask any more from a pup...he's going to be fun to watch.

Cherry is looking and sounding real good and she's getting the job done with any company she gets put with and all alone too.

Better weather is right around the corner and it's good to get out on these real nice spring nights.

Unrealistic expectations are a roadblock to success, judge your dogs by what they are ready to give not by what you wish they'd do.

Old Post 03-20-2009 01:35 AM
topdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topdog Click here to Send topdog a Private Message Click Here to Email topdog Visit topdog's homepage! Find more posts by topdog Add topdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Tom, I'm glad to see you've been doing alotta hunting! On this side of the fence there hasent been too much on, me and Rock have just been itching to get out. Tomorrow night I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting the timber with my buddy Todd Turner so will try to get some pics of Rock on the wood!

Cherry is looking awesome by the way! Are Yank and her both out of Rabble??

Corey Gruver

Old Post 03-20-2009 03:31 AM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Rabble pups

Yes, Yank, Cherry and Moose are all out of Rabble as are most all the other young dogs listed in this thread.

I'm glad to hear that you may be able to get to the woods soon, it's been a tough winter but things are looking up.

We get behind a lot of folks in other parts of the country where they can basically hunt and competition hunt most all winter but...we choose to live here and it's no different now than it's ever been so we just complain a little bit and then move on into the spring and summer and eventually fall again...such is life.

Old Post 03-20-2009 03:59 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

LOOK'S LIKE DA MOOSE IS LOOSE

Dave, Tom , and Dave the hound's are looking good !!

Hernie is in heat but will be back at it in a few week's. It look's like I will be hunting 4 to 5 night's a week now. I have some one to hunt with me the night's that Pastor Mike can not.

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 03-20-2009 04:32 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

You'll have to excuse me for dumb questions Tom lol Guess I could have figured that one out on my own huh Yeah but we are slowley dragging ourselves into spring here also. It will be nice to run Rock this spring on his own too see how he might hold up in the hunts this summer and early fall.

Just talked to Joe Maitland about the Maggie/Rabble cross that helped spawn my speck of red. I see that Rock takes after her quite a bit Tom. Since I didnt ever get the honor of hunting with the old boy, could you tell me a little about Rabble's hunting style ??

Thanks,

Corey

Old Post 03-20-2009 03:40 PM
Blue Boy Rebel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Boy Rebel Click here to Send Blue Boy Rebel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Boy Rebel Find more posts by Blue Boy Rebel Add Blue Boy Rebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Rabble Rouser

Hey Corey, Rabble Rouser was what I'd call a medium to deep hunter but always hunted what we put him in...no straight line running until he found a coon. He had what I'd call a cold nose. He would strike first or second and then would put some distance between where he struck and when he opened again. He'd cover a lot of ground in between barks but always open enough to enjoy the chase. He located with a warbling bawl on cold tracks and a screaming bawl on hot tracks and then would roll over to a steady chop. You'd always find him with both front feet on the tree and looking straight up the wood. When he knew you were close, his tail would be waggin' hard and you could hear it and see it that he was happy to see you.

He was full of coon sense just like his sire and grand sire...you didn't often look at an empty tree and if you did, it was an honest den or crossing. In competition if he located and treed, there was a coon there but if he located with other dogs but didn't get to treeing, it didn't matter how the other dogs were blowing it down...there was no coon in the tree. When the tree was checked and the dogs led away, you'd hear him in the distance treed and with the coon.

He was honest, didn't have a mean bone in his body, was good looking and just a great disposition. You could put any pup with him and under any circumstances and he'd always let them get on the tree or have the coon and never a mean moment...never!

If these young dogs develop any of the good traits that he had, folks will enjoy a top hound for a long time to come.

Thanks for asking...

Old Post 03-21-2009 01:22 AM
Tim MACHA
UKC Forum Member

Tom

I had a close call with Griz the other night. After I had taken him off a couple trees, he came up missing. Got my tracker out and the signal was not good. Went back to the truck and he had crossed the lane and went on the other side. I thought maybe I could drive around closer. Drove until the signal was banging and stopped. I could hear him bark a little, but it just wasn't right. He was about 75 yd off the road and I found him with one back foot hung up in the top stay of a woven wire fence and he could barely have his front feet on the ground. Was one lucky dog, got him out and he favored it a little, but he would just as soon went on hunting.

Good people do not need laws to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws (Plato)

Old Post 03-21-2009 04:14 AM
Tim MACHA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim MACHA Click here to Send Tim MACHA a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim MACHA Find more posts by Tim MACHA Add Tim MACHA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Boy Rebel
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Tom! I'll tell you what, when u mentioned that warbling bawl, i just bought cracked up. Rock (on occasion) lets out this weird warbling bawl..... ive only ever heard it twice, but I laugh everytime! He seems to do this when another dog is moving a track faster then he is.... if that makes sense? lol

Old Post 03-21-2009 04:36 AM
Barnyard
UKC Forum Member

Grizz;

Tim sounds like a close call! To close for comfort. Glad your dog was ok! Good luck, John

Hey Tom, How's life? Hope to meet you this summer!! John

Cell- 574-538-9431

Old Post 04-09-2009 04:39 PM
Barnyard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barnyard Click here to Send Barnyard a Private Message Click Here to Email Barnyard Find more posts by Barnyard Add Barnyard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Good night

No better place to be...

Chase with Yank and Leinie

One more...

Some make it to the tree...some don't

Old Post 04-11-2009 01:05 AM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Rabble Rouser...Previous Generations!!!

Tom, going to take it back in the day here. Man, I would have hated to run into you in the dark back then. Dark circles under the eyes, look like you just ran a week of all nighters.

I can see where the body type and confirmation of this T-Top line comes from.

Old Post 04-11-2009 04:31 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cartwright01
UKC Forum Member

Ruby

Tom just wanted to let you know I took Ruby out alone tonight. Had one treed in about 10 minutes. After LOTS of praising and getting "rewarded", we headed home. As close to a perfect experience as you can get for a young hound in my opinion.

CH.GR.NT.CH Indian Creek Red Chaos (CH.GR.NT.CH Woody X GR.NT.CH Trip)

CH.NT.CH. Indian Creek Misfit Molly
(GR.NT.CH. Dudley Do Right X NT.CH. Samantha) Cast Winner 2020 Winter Classic & 2021 ARD

PR' Indian Creek Red Queen
(GR.NT.CH.Pistol X NT.CH. Rhonda) 2021 PKC Breed Top 16

NT.CH. Indian Creek Crazy Lady
(GR.NT.CH.Buck X GR.NT.CH. Wendy)

Past Home of:

GR NT CH PKC CH Rocker's Mississippi Dew (GRNTCH Rocker X DUAL GR Missi)

2007 NRD Winner NT.CH. Moonlight Wizard (NT.CH. Doc X DUAL GR Pepper Ann)

GR.CH.GR.NT.CH. S&R's Treein Red Miss Ruby (CHGRNTCH Red Cedar X CHGRNTCH IPOD)

GR NT CH Branch River Ice Age Rage
(DUAL GR Rabble Rouser x GRNTCH Paige)

GR NT CH Hoss' Ponderosa Hooker

Old Post 04-13-2009 04:20 AM
Cartwright01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cartwright01 Click here to Send Cartwright01 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cartwright01 Visit Cartwright01's homepage! Find more posts by Cartwright01 Add Cartwright01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Browntown's Red
UKC Forum Member

rabble pup

I found one 13 mth female out him that is forsale. Do you know of anymore out there forsale out of him?

Old Post 04-13-2009 05:27 AM
Browntown's Red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Browntown's Red Click here to Send Browntown's Red a Private Message Click Here to Email Browntown's Red Find more posts by Browntown's Red Add Browntown's Red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

Robbie

Do you owner her now?

Buck

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 04-13-2009 11:08 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Nice hound

I heard from some folks who own a real nice male out of Rabble. They placed second at the Crane Creek club in Minnesota this last weekend. The picture is of Tim & Zach Lawstuen and their real nice hound Gr. Ch. PR Copper. Copper also won best overall of show for his last win to finish him to Grand Show Champion so it was a good weekend for these folks.

I saw this picture and realized how much this pup looks like old Rabble Rouser did back in the day...

Nice job!

Hey Chris...you had to dig pretty deep to find that old picture...that had to be old Rocky...I don't remember the hunt though but it sure brought back some memories of how it used to be.

Last edited by topdog on 04-13-2009 at 01:27 PM

Old Post 04-13-2009 01:24 PM
Roger Hall
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

On a nice Win Keep him Roll'in.

Old Post 04-13-2009 01:34 PM
Roger Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Hall Click here to Send Roger Hall a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Hall Add Roger Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Browntown's Red
UKC Forum Member

Buck rabble pup

That was the dog listed on Coondawgs, that you replyed on. she was in SE NC.

Old Post 04-13-2009 01:56 PM
Browntown's Red is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Browntown's Red Click here to Send Browntown's Red a Private Message Click Here to Email Browntown's Red Find more posts by Browntown's Red Add Browntown's Red to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hurricane
UKC Forum Member

Congrats to Tim & Zach!!! Keep up the good work.

T-Top Tom, had you made a decision on our conversation yet? I want to be a part of this movement. :-)

RJThompsonCS@comcast.net
(301)535-7067

Old Post 04-13-2009 02:12 PM
Hurricane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hurricane Click here to Send Hurricane a Private Message Find more posts by Hurricane Add Hurricane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

Boys I have been huntin red dogs for a long time, and always wanted one of the ttop dogs. Well I met up with Dave and picked up the young dog they call Red. He is 15 months old.

I have hunted him quite a bit when weather conditions are perfect. I dont take him out in the wind, or rain. Thats how I work my young dogs, I want things to be the best they can be for the optimal chance at success.

Red goes hunting HARD, strikes good with a loud screaming type bawl, locates two or three times with a screaming locate, and instantly spits em out over 80 or 90.

I am hunting him with my 7yr old dog, but not anymore. Red and Boomer worked a tougher track on the river the other night, and Red treed long before my old dog did. He talked my old dog into it. I thought it might be slick at first, cause the old dog checked it twice and was trying to go on, but he finally settled there too. I was too excited to drive around, so I just jumped on in the mighty Finley and swam across to look up a big cherry and seen ol ricky sittin there. I was kind of mad because I had to go home, I had ice sickles hangin off my ..............

Red will be worked in the timber by himself from here out. I look for good things from him, he has it all he just needs to glue it all together. Without hesitation I can say this young dog has it!

Thanks Tom for the chance with him. I will get some pics on here soon, but the only dig camera we have is the old ladys and it is pink. I have to get my own, in case someone sees me with it. I couldnt handle gettin caught with it.

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Old Post 04-13-2009 03:27 PM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

Ramon

I haven't made a decision on her yet Ramon...she's in full bloom heat so has been out of action for a bit. I expect about another week of solitary confinement and then we'll get a chance to get her in training a time or two and then a few times to the woods. She has grown into a real nice looking female Ramon with good size and pretty good looks overall. I'll get the video clip of her once she's out of heat and you'll get a better idea of what you're getting yourself into

I'll try to get you an updated picture of her this week...I think she's got most of what you're looking for from that perspective and I think the rest is mostly in place too but her heat will have to be done before we can make that last step.

Old Post 04-13-2009 06:15 PM
Hurricane
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a winner. Like we talked about, I don't really care if it's her, or the one out of Ole Yank, I just want to be a part of the movement. :-) Talk at ya soon.

RJThompsonCS@comcast.net
(301)535-7067

Old Post 04-13-2009 08:23 PM
Hurricane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hurricane Click here to Send Hurricane a Private Message Find more posts by Hurricane Add Hurricane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topdog
UKC Forum Member

CX3

Hey Paul, I'm glad to hear that things are progressing the way we want to see it go. I knew that if he took to you and didn't have any issues with being around you, he'd have a good chance to make a dog. He never showed my anything to make me think he wouldn't make a good hound somewhere down the road but it still takes dedicated effort from the right person to finish a dog and you seem to be making good progress with him.

Simple solution to the camera issue...get yourself some black spray paint and give that camera a make over...just make sure you put some tape over the lens and view finder...I'm sure she wouldn't mind

Old Post 04-14-2009 01:28 AM
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

CX 3

Hey Paul,

I told you it'd be worth the drive. lol

Keep up the good work.

Old Post 04-14-2009 02:50 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CX3
UKC Forum Member

Yeah Chris your advice came true. I mean he needs some work, but he's got the tools. I took him last night by himself and he busted a hole in the dark, we didnt get much treed but he shows me something better each and every time. Its just a matter of time and he will be clicking good.

John 3:16
You'd better believe it!

Old Post 04-15-2009 01:54 AM
CX3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CX3 Click here to Send CX3 a Private Message Click Here to Email CX3 Find more posts by CX3 Add CX3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote