UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > Surgical artificial insemination
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bbonneau
UKC Forum Member

Surgical artificial insemination

Here's a question for all you that have done this. How many times can you do this on one female? After a few times does it affect the female? I mean cutting the female does it affect her? I realize if you are going to AI a female this procedure has a lot higher percentage for her to take. I have a female and have done this once that's why I'm asking.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2017 09:08 PM
bbonneau is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbonneau Click here to Send bbonneau a Private Message Click Here to Email bbonneau Find more posts by bbonneau Add bbonneau to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

Re: Surgical artificial insemination

quote:
Originally posted by bbonneau
Here's a question for all you that have done this. How many times can you do this on one female? After a few times does it affect the female? I mean cutting the female does it affect her? I realize if you are going to AI a female this procedure has a lot higher percentage for her to take. I have a female and have done this once that's why I'm asking.
I'm considering doing the same thing with Tige semen . Just how expensive is the procedure?

Old Post 01-17-2017 09:26 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

I just check and you have do pre estrogen test actually pro be couple test they run around $40 each. Vet said prob take 3 test get timing just right. Then the actual procedure was lil over $200. Plus so much a day birding. So your looking between $400-$500 total cost.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 01-17-2017 09:39 PM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbonneau
UKC Forum Member

Charles I sent you a pm

Old Post 01-17-2017 09:46 PM
bbonneau is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bbonneau Click here to Send bbonneau a Private Message Click Here to Email bbonneau Find more posts by bbonneau Add bbonneau to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OzarkLiven
UKC Forum Member

I just check and you have do pre estrogen test actually pro be couple test they run around $40 each. Vet said prob take 3 test get timing just right. Then the actual procedure was lil over $200. Plus so much a day birding. So your looking between $400-$500 total cost.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

BAYOU CREEK BLACK AND TANS

NATHAN PHENIX
1-417-255-5697

Old Post 01-17-2017 09:57 PM
OzarkLiven is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OzarkLiven Click here to Send OzarkLiven a Private Message Click Here to Email OzarkLiven Find more posts by OzarkLiven Add OzarkLiven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Charles I sent you a pm
Got it

Old Post 01-17-2017 11:00 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

The surgical procedure is not necessary. Have a trans cervical insemination done. It is less expensive and no recovery is needed for the female from being cut on. I have had it done twice here in NC, with Kristin Block of Block Sporthounds. I've had it done once with frozen semen and I got 9 pups and once with chilled and I got 11 pups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wVSZKKJpRA

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 01-18-2017 12:29 AM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbonneau
UKC Forum Member

Here's the thing lovis. $300-$500 dollars for a stud fee. At least 2 full days of driving ( I'm in New England and its at least 1 full day of driving to the stud and 1 full day of driving back home). Figure in the gas money to get to and back from the stud dog. The hotel room..or shipping the stud dogs semen then returning the container. And then the money for the insemination and the progesterone tests leading up to the insemination. I'd rather play the odds of surgically AI (better odds of the female taking) than trans cervical AI. That's the money part. Now take in consideration the female only comes in 2xs a year so if she doesn't take its at least 1/2 a year to wait to do it all over again. If I'm breeding a female it's cause she can and has won and now I'm short on a dog to put in the hunts. Again it goes back to the better odds of her taking.

I was just trying to ask how many times people have done surgical AI. And did it affect the female after a few times

Last edited by bbonneau on 01-18-2017 at 08:23 PM

Old Post 01-18-2017 08:13 PM
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Here's the thing lovis. $300-$500 dollars for a stud fee. At least 2 full days of driving ( I'm in New England and its at least 1 full day of driving to the stud and 1 full day of driving back home). Figure in the gas money to get to and back from the stud dog. The hotel room..or shipping the stud dogs semen then returning the container. And then the money for the insemination and the progesterone tests leading up to the insemination. I'd rather play the odds of surgically AI (better odds of the female taking) than trans cervical AI. That's the money part. Now take in consideration the female only comes in 2xs a year so if she doesn't take its at least 1/2 a year to wait to do it all over again. If I'm breeding a female it's cause she can and has won and now I'm short on a dog to put in the hunts. Again it goes back to the better odds of her taking.

I was just trying to ask how many times people have done surgical AI. And did it affect the female after a few times

I had a gyp and live bred her only one time and she had 12 pups , next I had her AI at Nevergone and to a different male and didn't have none . Then I had her live cover to the male that I had AI and still get no pups . There was a guy that did the " surgical implant " to this same male and got lots of pups . If I had to do over I would have done this .But if I ever see any pups off that dog I will try and get one of them . I guarantee you this if I use this Tige semen it will be "surgical implant " . Just for the fact I dont think there's much of Tige semen available and if it better my odds I will .

Last edited by Charles Pullen on 01-18-2017 at 09:32 PM

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:27 PM
hokahey
UKC Forum Member

I done the surgical at least 3 times with a female and you could do itevery time you wanted to breed her.The only thing that is cut on the female is the hide the stomach muscles are just parted by hand nothing else is cut.They than reach in grab the fallopian tube and insert the needle in it about an inch from the ovarie and squirt the sperm right in the ovary.My vet places the females head down hill while shes waking up to help keep it from draining back out. Scope or surgical should work equally other than with surgical you have more control and less doubt where the sperm was deposited.How many times you could do it just depends how many liters you want your female to raise.

Old Post 01-19-2017 02:20 AM
hokahey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hokahey Click here to Send hokahey a Private Message Click Here to Email hokahey Visit hokahey's homepage! Find more posts by hokahey Add hokahey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Hobbs
UKC Forum Member

Breeding which way is best.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did the implant once and got no pups. In Kansas
I have bred Chigger 4 times one live and 3 with scope at NEVER GONE . Got 7 pups first two times and 8 the last time. She is bred and will pup the 7th of Feb and she is already bellied down . May have a basket full this time. The implant method is getting out of date an costs way more. The total bill is usually around 275.00 for scope.

Be who you are and say what you feel Because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.

Bruce Hobbs
918 645 3740
Rickyman777@gmail.com

Last edited by Bruce Hobbs on 01-19-2017 at 03:57 AM

Old Post 01-19-2017 03:49 AM
Bruce Hobbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Hobbs Click here to Send Bruce Hobbs a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce Hobbs Find more posts by Bruce Hobbs Add Bruce Hobbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Surgical Implant

I have had two females surgically implanted both had pups 7n8 litters it cost about twice what scope does but I can't justify driving 2000 miles round trip to Wabash Indiana for 250$$! Dr. O'Hanlon is the best around here,if I raise anymore pups it will be surgically implant. Just because of convienence. JesseJ

Old Post 01-20-2017 01:54 AM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote