UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Highest price ever paid for coon hound?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chris Horner
UKC Forum Member

JC offered me $15,000 for 1 that was 15 months old and only been in 5 casts... But those 5 cast got him a truck ticket and he won the 1 yr old breeder show case .. Funny thing is he will be 10 at Christmas and he still eats my food =) He can still hang with the best of them for 2 hrs.

I guess I'm retarded for not selling but I was holding out for $20,000 and half of what he would win over the next 2 yrs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-20-2011 12:12 AM
Chris Horner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Horner Click here to Send Chris Horner a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Horner Visit Chris Horner's homepage! Find more posts by Chris Horner Add Chris Horner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott S.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John Sisley
I will sell all 4 of mine and throw in my wife for 50k!!!

Please post a picture of your wife.

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:14 AM
Scott S. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott S. Click here to Send Scott S. a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott S. Find more posts by Scott S. Add Scott S. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alcoonhunter08
UKC Forum Member

lol and is the wife ILL ???

Town Creek Kennels
Sand Mountain , Fort Payne, AL
Black and Tans !
SLAM X MOLLY

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:22 AM
alcoonhunter08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alcoonhunter08 Click here to Send alcoonhunter08 a Private Message Click Here to Email alcoonhunter08 Find more posts by alcoonhunter08 Add alcoonhunter08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

there are dogs that cant be bought for sure... i have turned down way more money for a dog than they were worth but they were just not forsale

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:32 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Scott S.
Please post a picture of your wife.

He is not on here any more. His wife read the thread and killed him. LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:46 AM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
infantry1
UKC Forum Member

There is always a price...for those that claim no money can buy my dog has not had the right amount of money in front of them...This should get some folks stirred up...lol

GRNCH GRCH PR BRIGMAN"S BLACK BO
GRNCH GRCH SCHENKER"S SMOKIN CINDY

GRCH GRNCH ROBINSON"S MILLER ARK PRIDE
PR WICKED WAY"S MID ARK RANGER

NITECH BRUMLEY"S BIG CREEK STAR
NGRNC GRNITECH WHITAKER"S BLACK SMOKEY II
GRCH GRNITECH BLACK WARRIOR HEART ATTACK JACK
GRNITECH CH DARK HOLLOW HOBO"S HOSS
GRNITECH GRCH CYPRESS BRAKE SETUM UP ACE

Coming to a club near you (fall 2011)

Wicked Way's Mid Ark Chopper Wkr
Wicked Way's Mid Ark Stryker Bnt
Wicked Way's Mid Ark Ranger BNT
zIntroducing : "Thunders Wild Clyde Score" WKR

Old Post 10-20-2011 02:37 PM
infantry1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for infantry1 Click here to Send infantry1 a Private Message Click Here to Email infantry1 Find more posts by infantry1 Add infantry1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slim
UKC Forum Member

heard....

from a reliable source that Tony Cloninger once bought the Cutter dog on half interest for 80k.

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:12 PM
slim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slim Click here to Send slim a Private Message Find more posts by slim Add slim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
infantry1
UKC Forum Member

Dang...I don't think I have ever seen 80 grand at one time.. :d

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:27 PM
infantry1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for infantry1 Click here to Send infantry1 a Private Message Click Here to Email infantry1 Find more posts by infantry1 Add infantry1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
infantry1
UKC Forum Member

I tell ya what if a man ever lays a blank check on the hood of my truck and says fill it out....he better be on the phone with the bank making a transfer from savings to checking!!

Old Post 10-20-2011 03:30 PM
J-T Farms
UKC Forum Member

talk about high priced. I know a guy that traded 126 rare breed chicken eggs for a well bred dog. The two were neighbors and hunting buddies. The man's wife that had the dog's was wanting that breed of chickens. She told him to trade instead of selling for money. I still say thank you from time to time. lol

NITECH CH "PR" 2B'S ROCKIN MAGGIE 2014 WORLD HUNT QUALIFIER /2013 Amer. Redbone Days TREEING CONTEST: 1st Thursday, 2nd Friday, 2nd Saturday
CH "PR" J-T's LIL RED MIDNITE CHOPPER 2 WINS TOWARD GRCH
479-225-7006

Old Post 10-20-2011 04:29 PM
J-T Farms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-T Farms Click here to Send J-T Farms a Private Message Click Here to Email J-T Farms Find more posts by J-T Farms Add J-T Farms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
He is not on here any more. His wife read the thread and killed him. LOL

LOL!!! Luckily she does not get on here or I would be dead!

To answer the ill question......yes she does have a little bit of a mean streak in her.

For the fellow that wants to see a picture....take my word for it, you would rather see a picture of the dogs.

Old Post 10-20-2011 10:52 PM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by infantry1
There is always a price...for those that claim no money can buy my dog has not had the right amount of money in front of them...This should get some folks stirred up...lol
i honestly have some that would take medical needs for my kids or to be able to retire from the sale before i would sale.... and they aint all that great of dogs but what they are is mine.... i can make money most days and it takes a long time to find a dog that suits me night in and night out.... plus if i sold i would spend it all looking for another and probably not have what i got

Old Post 10-21-2011 12:52 AM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
infantry1
UKC Forum Member

Well, these dogs do become part of our families. I know I have one that is the best possum hound around...but I raised him from a pup and as hard headed as he is about possums..he is still part of the family...just something about him...he's young..maybe one day he'll come around....that's my hope anyway...some folks say if they don't hunt the way I want..I wouldn't feed one...cull them out.....not me! They are all diamonds in the rough! Or that is what the kids say...lol

Old Post 10-21-2011 02:16 AM
windyhillkennel
New UKC Forum Member

highest price

i never paid all that much for a dog, but i would for a good one. i figure the price of a dog should be how many 100$ bills it would take to make me feel better about parting with my dog!!!

SPRATLEYSWINDYHILLKENNELS@YAHOO.COM

607-316-4078
607-316-3737
607-843-7356

keep'em tree'd ,and take a kid hunting, there the futre of this sport.

Old Post 10-21-2011 05:53 PM
windyhillkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for windyhillkennel Click here to Send windyhillkennel a Private Message Find more posts by windyhillkennel Add windyhillkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoky Mtn.
UKC Forum Member

I WAS WITH DAVID FLETCHER (WE ROAD TO THE WORLD HUNT THE YEAR ANNA WAS SOLD) $20,000.00 FOR ANNA IS A FACT... HE ALSO TOOK WITH HIM GR. NT CH. STYLISH HOOKER AND SOLD HER FOR $12,500.00 THAT SAME YEAR...

STYLISH HARRY WAS BOUGHT FROM MR JOHN RICH IN HORATIO ARKANSAS ON A FRIDAY NIGHT FOR $4000.00 A FACT...

MOJO AND THE INSANE X DOG HOLD THE REAL REAL REAL RECORD...

$50,000.00

STYLISH CANDY WAS SOLD THREE TIMES FOR OVER $10,000.00 SHE WAS A DIRECT DAUGHTER OF HARRY

VERY INTERESTING POST...

BETTER QUESTION WHAT DOG MADE SOMEONE MORE MONEY THAN ANY OTHER STUD DOG?

WILL MOJO PASS UP RATS PKC EARNINGS?

YES BECAUSE OF FROZEN SEMEN HE SHOULD LIVE FOR THREE DECADES IF SCOTT COLLECTS HIM...

865-898-7770
Breeding Treeing Walkers...
Over 25 Years!

Old Post 10-21-2011 10:04 PM
Smoky Mtn. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoky Mtn. Click here to Send Smoky Mtn. a Private Message Find more posts by Smoky Mtn. Add Smoky Mtn. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nelson Kirkland
UKC Forum Member

I believe we were in Tn one year at the first PKC World Hunt. They held an auction there. Gary Hern entered Dick in the Auction. I know that the last bid was $87,000. He did not sell. A few minutes later he was offered $100,000. He did not sell. These were legit people with that kind of money. I later found out he needed a real value for him for insurance purposes I believe. There was a man that loved his dog. And watching the dog, it was obvious he loved Gary. True bond there.

Old Post 10-24-2011 05:46 PM
Nelson Kirkland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nelson Kirkland Click here to Send Nelson Kirkland a Private Message Find more posts by Nelson Kirkland Add Nelson Kirkland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Crocker
I sold one for 100 grand once, but I took two chickens and a rabbit in on trade that valued 95 grand. My point is don't believe anything you hear and half of what you see.
I find it strange that Walker Men do not believe the price that a coon dog can bring. I was offered twenty five thousand dollars for my old Rocky dog after I won the Purina back in 1988. I paid twenty five thousand cash for The only English female in history to win the UKC world hunt. World Ch Rocky Creek Jess. I heard the Insane Jane and Lipper pups are going for ten thousand. There are a number of people who would buy one if they could. Sorry to get in you walkers guys business. accidently clicked Waller instead of English. Good Hunting

Old Post 11-07-2011 10:13 AM
Richard Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Moore Click here to Send Richard Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Moore Find more posts by Richard Moore Add Richard Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Been 3 years since last post any new info . record breakers?

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-20-2014 11:39 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I will sell all 4 of mine and throw in my wife for 50k!!!
Acouple years ago I seen a well known dog,,,can't remember name, in cb sold for 50,000 bucks

Old Post 11-20-2014 11:53 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Merchants Banjo II sold for $9000 way back. I don't know what year but it would be a pile now. I can guarantee my Revelee dog can not be bought for $50,000.

Old Post 11-21-2014 12:37 AM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

quote:
LOL!!! Luckily she does not get on here or I would be dead!

To answer the ill question......yes she does have a little bit of a mean streak in her.

For the fellow that wants to see a picture....take my word for it, you would rather see a picture of the dogs.

I'd bet she went from just face barkin to going straight for the throat after these posts!!!!!

Old Post 11-21-2014 01:02 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.S. Kennels
UKC Forum Member

$10,000 for a pup is crazy...

The Old Dog

Gunters Hardwoods Hank - Walker - Cumberland River Marvin x Peppermint Pepper

Girly Girl - Feist - Super Sport x Gannons Heidi

The Pups

Gunters Sweet Tn Kandy Kane - Redbone - Kodak x Ruby

Old Post 11-21-2014 02:35 AM
S.S. Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.S. Kennels Click here to Send S.S. Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email S.S. Kennels Find more posts by S.S. Kennels Add S.S. Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
S.S. Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I also heard $90,000 wouldnt buy Tennessee Hardrock but thats just a rumor

The Old Dog

Gunters Hardwoods Hank - Walker - Cumberland River Marvin x Peppermint Pepper

Girly Girl - Feist - Super Sport x Gannons Heidi

The Pups

Gunters Sweet Tn Kandy Kane - Redbone - Kodak x Ruby

Old Post 11-21-2014 02:36 AM
S.S. Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for S.S. Kennels Click here to Send S.S. Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email S.S. Kennels Find more posts by S.S. Kennels Add S.S. Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

10k is crazy for a pup. It's crazy for any dog. But, Coonhunters have to be a little crazy. Lol. My wife about croaked a few times over coon dogs. But it's like this. If I were gonna fish I would want a good bass boat not a John boat. If I gonna COONHUNT I would just as soon hunt a COONDOG instead of a crap eater. I have never paid some of the crazy prices I hear but have paid 5 figures and would do it again for that much enjoyment. It's all in what we like. Each one of us has an interest we would spend crazy money on.

Old Post 11-21-2014 02:53 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Nat Thomas
Y'all would be surpised at the amount of dogs that sell in the $10,000 - $30,000 range. Its more than you would expect

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-21-2014 03:24 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote