UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I ain't no big dummy !
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You may not be a "big dummy", but you are a medium size dummy. Lol. Just pulling your chain. Anybody that hunts knows what you are saying, whether they admit it or not. Dave

If Tar is a medium then I'm an extra small!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2019 07:09 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
If Tar is a medium then I'm an extra small!

Yeah but you can hold your own I know when to shut up ......... When you tell me to lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 07:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jen Cummings

Lol. Tar knows he can't win arguing with you, so he isn't all that dumb. He is like the rabbit in the story, please don't throw me in that briar patch Mr. Fox! He loves those briar patches, wrestles briars for fun if you get my drift. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-12-2019 08:49 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

If I'm not mistaken an honest strike dog just won a truck.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 02-12-2019 10:04 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

And they can Eric but they usually have to tree two coon to the dishonest strike dogs one which is ok if you don't get stuck on the leash for any amount of time.

I talked to a couple freinds today that remember the old format you had the first 3 minutes of the hunt to bark all you wanted. after that on or before the third bark pretty hard to deny a babbler when he has barked three times and you have to strike him and he is only 4 ft in front of you. What it has caused is people going to the almost dead silent pop up dog because most babblers don't have an answer for that time they get done rattling their heads ole silent has done busted a couple coons on them and then they try and get ole silent scratched because it embarrassed them so bad.

Tar

Old Post 02-12-2019 10:31 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I can not stand a babbled, yet the dog that wins must tree a coon maybe several coons to win their cast. Silent, babbler or whatever, I expect my dog/s to be better and win. If I don't win, it's mine or my dogs fault [ or both ]. I will not blame the other dogs babblers, silent or whatever, my dog won't be chained to any of them, so no excuses. Dave

Old Post 02-13-2019 02:14 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

tar just fight fire with fire .pitch your honest strike dog off the babbling hounds first bark .lol

Old Post 02-14-2019 11:31 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
And they can Eric but they usually have to tree two coon to the dishonest strike dogs one which is ok if you don't get stuck on the leash for any amount of time.

I talked to a couple freinds today that remember the old format you had the first 3 minutes of the hunt to bark all you wanted. after that on or before the third bark pretty hard to deny a babbler when he has barked three times and you have to strike him and he is only 4 ft in front of you. What it has caused is people going to the almost dead silent pop up dog because most babblers don't have an answer for that time they get done rattling their heads ole silent has done busted a couple coons on them and then they try and get ole silent scratched because it embarrassed them so bad.

Tar

oh I'm well aware, I'm in 25/100 category myself. Every once in awhile ill get that 100 off the snap if there's a coin close. But not often enough. My goal in a cast is to have the type of dog that will bird dog the coins around you. While rattle head is running all over trying to ambush 1. But the problem is there isn't enough people hunting that style of dog. Everyone wants deep n lonely, I'm okay with my dog being deep and lonely if the coins are simply not moving. And it's hard to find a dog that trees layups consistently and accurately.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 02-14-2019 12:47 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When their puppy's is when you teach them to tree layups I do it on squirrels they even learn to timber. You go to knocken coons out to them they quit the squirrels. Even if they do get one once in awhile down here it will be a nest or a holler you can circle lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-14-2019 12:56 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
When their puppy's is when you teach them to tree layups I do it on squirrels they even learn to timber. You go to knocken coons out to them they quit the squirrels. Even if they do get one once in awhile down here it will be a nest or a holler you can circle lol.

Tar

never in my life have I trained a dog to tree lay up coon and I have seen about all styles of coondogs.. most those dogs I have owned that tree layups do it because its something in them to just naturally do it.. not because I trained them to... now you have me baffeled .. those idiots that tree all over the woods and never see anything are the type that get trained on cage coon and drags where people train them.. and they call layups. lack of handling .. NEVER train a good dog!! it will train you.

Old Post 02-14-2019 02:30 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Chewie I could tree coons with a chiwahwa up there where you live ! Hunt in shorts and flip flops how good a dog does it take to tree a coon in a 5 acre patch ? We might not strike here for 600 yrds then you claw all the way in. What I am saying do to low density of coons we are used to breaking and training dogs because they have to have a lot of heart and sense to work here. Bring your dogs down and in a week you will see them do all kinds of stuff you ain't never seen them do before.

Wild hogs , deer, armadillos ect,ect.

Tar

Old Post 02-14-2019 02:48 PM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Chewie I could tree coons with a chiwahwa up there where you live ! Hunt in shorts and flip flops how good a dog does it take to tree a coon in a 5 acre patch ? We might not strike here for 600 yrds then you claw all the way in. What I am saying do to low density of coons we are used to breaking and training dogs because they have to have a lot of heart and sense to work here. Bring your dogs down and in a week you will see them do all kinds of stuff you ain't never seen them do before.

Wild hogs , deer, armadillos ect,ect.

Tar

LMBO.. bring your nappy ass on up!! with that house dog and we will hunt.. I see my dogs do enough BS hear I don't need to drive 12 hrs for that.. I hunt the hills and strike in at 900 yrds or futher .. so don't cry like a kid about hunting...Dummy.. lol

Old Post 02-14-2019 10:28 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

16 hrs 28 minutes and I don't blame you lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2019 02:13 AM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, why isn't poll on this thread? I ain't no big dummy

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:01 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

Do you really have to ask? Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-15-2019 05:45 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I am a self admitted big dummy so that nobody gets any shock value for calling me one lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2019 12:58 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Tar, maybe we have something in common. I've been asked many time if I lived in Minnesota all my life by people that come up hunting and fishing and semi drivers from down south that came thru when I used to work on the hiways. I tell them yes except when I was in the military. Most of them respond " why did you come back here, you dummy!" LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-15-2019 02:28 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I never been to Minnesota but I was raised in the rice fields of south Texas mosquitos would eat you alive night and day. Grandpa saved and saved and we all went pike fishing in Wisconsin you had to wear bee keeping apparel to fish if it's like that were you live you can have it lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2019 02:37 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Tar,

I hear all the time about the coon population up "north". I can give you several references on what its like up here. And in good weather to boot, not winter. I'm not saying I've got the roughest hunting in the country. But it sure isn't the easiest. Just like last night, dog travelled some ground, never made a bark. And glad I didn't have to walk into where she was heading. You can't always judge a persons hunting by what you think its like. I've been to Ohio some. Some places was nice, some wasn't too good.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:33 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Tar,

I hear all the time about the coon population up "north". I can give you several references on what its like up here. And in good weather to boot, not winter. I'm not saying I've got the roughest hunting in the country. But it sure isn't the easiest. Just like last night, dog travelled some ground, never made a bark. And glad I didn't have to walk into where she was heading. You can't always judge a persons hunting by what you think its like. I've been to Ohio some. Some places was nice, some wasn't too good.

Hunted up north quite a bit was born in Indiana where I first heard a hound. Man down the road gave me a buck skin plot because he was off colored. Moved to Texas when I was 11 yrs old took him with us. Went barefoot up north ........... Fire ants down south you don't look on the ground for snakes down there they are in the trees on the bayous. I guess every place has its drawbacks I like it here it's just ruff but there's a bunch of it free for everybody to hunt and fish.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:42 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

We have mosquitos here in MN too. Hunting one night and walking down an old trail I seen a mosquito standing flat footed breeding a wild turkey. True fact look it up on fact check. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:56 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I am sick but I laughed so hard I wet my pants bob lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-15-2019 03:59 PM