UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Director
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Re: There !!

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I deleted all my post now I can be team player tar :
They say 4 minutes of kissing up will out due 40 yrs of service we will try that.
Tar

It works....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-13-2019 01:23 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You should be ashamed, or at least blame everything on Mr. Lambert, you could say it was a case of redboneitis. Lol. Next time try 8 minutes of sucking up, after you have lost your dignity time does not matter. Dave

Old Post 11-13-2019 02:38 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I richard is going to have to help me he already knows the ropes. Guess I need to borrow a red dog huh ?

Tarbaby

Old Post 11-13-2019 02:53 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

No red dog, going that far out in left field you just might get lost. Look at Mr. Lambert, he is still in left field going in circles, mumbling something about all those dang gum rule changes just when he got the old ones figured out. Lol. Dave

Old Post 11-13-2019 03:22 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by berger
Because it is UKC's policy that they can't, there is your reason. Anytime UKC decides to let them hunt they can change it as this would be a policy change and not a rule change.

No kidding really. That's not what i asked.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 11-13-2019 09:13 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Why does it matter if someone hunts in 1 hunt a year or 50 hunts a year? Every customer is important to any business, most businesses survive on the little man. Bruce Conkey is a prime example of how a business should operate, he treats every customer the same regardless of the purchase amount, he makes every customer feel special, like you are his best customer. Customer service second to no one , he may not always have the best price, but you know that he will take care of you as a customer and that means more than anything. Customer service is the most important aspect of any company, it can make a company and it can break a company. How many of you have shopped KMART and experienced poor customer service? I quit KMART years ago due to their sorry customer service, and so did many others. Look where KMART is today, while WALMART gives excellent customer service and is very successful. Any company that wants to be successful better be customer oriented, listen to what the customer wants and provide their needs, failure to do these things will result in lost customers. Once a company loses customers it's hard to get them back, better to keep the customers they have. Dave

Once again tell me why they shouldn't be allowed to hunt. You jumped all around the question. As far as hunting one hunt a year or 50 if i'm taking advice on how the hunts could be better i'm gonna listen to someone that actully attends the hunts. That would be like listening to an employee that works 1 day a week vs, someone that's there everyday.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Old Post 11-13-2019 09:18 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
Once again tell me why they shouldn't be allowed to hunt. You jumped all around the question. As far as hunting one hunt a year or 50 if i'm taking advice on how the hunts could be better i'm gonna listen to someone that actully attends the hunts. That would be like listening to an employee that works 1 day a week vs, someone that's there everyday.

Jack I am not influencing anybody. My conversation with Allen was this :

He said what do you do if sombody comes in with a scratch offense and nobody is there ?

I told him all that would happen if the hunt director is there he would have to listen to sombody throw a fit till the other cast come back and he could assemble a panel and that was the end of our conversation.

Some of us got more time in the woods than you realize we just got old we invented the rules you use in the $$$ hunts.

They want us to take care of business so they don’t have to that’s just my opinion.

Tar

Old Post 11-13-2019 10:03 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
Jack I am not influencing anybody. My conversation with Allen was this :

He said what do you do if sombody comes in with a scratch offense and nobody is there ?

I told him all that would happen if the hunt director is there he would have to listen to sombody throw a fit till the other cast come back and he could assemble a panel and that was the end of our conversation.

Some of us got more time in the woods than you realize we just got old we invented the rules you use in the $$$ hunts.

They want us to take care of business so they don’t have to that’s just my opinion.

Tar

I'm not taking away from the time people have spent in the woods and no longer don't. Our oldest member will be 81 in January he hunted in the hunts up till he was 78 I give him all the credit in the world and hope i'm still able to hunt when i'm that old. He still likes to ride along and listen to the hounds which he could do more of instead of sitting in an empty club house serving no purpose.

What business.The hunt director can't decide anything until other cast get back to form a panel. So he might as well hunt form the panel when he's back it's worked in other registries with no problem.

Anymore the clubs are lucky if they have 2 cast maybe 3 so having a guy set there for 2 hrs is a waste of time he still has to wait for the other cast to get back.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 11-13-2019 10:20 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jack Bingham

I agree 100 percent with you, no one can or has given a valid reason why the Hunt Director should not be allowed to hunt. Dave

Old Post 11-13-2019 10:28 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Jack other than Corey and Rock I think everyone else is on the same page. To them I will say when a person comes into a MOH and disagrees with that decision guess what the next step is... assemble a panel. If casts are still out and they will sit there and twiddle their thumbs and wait for qualified people to arrive just like a hunt director does. By Allen's numbers of 5-6 appeals to them a year from hunt director then I'm not sure what the big deal is.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-13-2019 10:29 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
I agree 100 percent with you, no one can or has given a valid reason why the Hunt Director should not be allowed to hunt. Dave

Sir....that’s because there isn’t one.

Old Post 11-14-2019 12:36 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
The hunt director can't decide anything until other cast get back to form a panel. So he might as well hunt form the panel when he's back it's worked in other registries with no problem.

Jack, a HD doesn't have to wait for other casts to return to form a panel. If the Hunt Director has people available at the clubhouse to facilitate a panel, he can get it taken care of right that minute.

I can understand that most clubs may not have a ton of people hanging out at the clubhouse after the draw out. Some do though, and I believe that the original intent of how the Hunt Director format came to be (and was supposed to operate) took that into account and possibly even relied on that to an extent (Allen or Todd, feel free to correct me there if I am wrong).

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 11-14-2019 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 11-14-2019 06:10 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Corey Gruver

Allowing the Hunt Director to hunt would benefit the small clubs. Clubs that do not have enough members or non hunting persons available to have a PANEL at all times of the hunt. Clubs that need every entry they can get to be successful. Yes, we have many small clubs like that, that need all the help they can get. Clubs that hope to grow their membership and hunt entries, but need help during these growing pains, where every member is needed to hunt and or guide a cast. Small clubs like these are the ones that are asking for the Hunt Director to be able to hunt, they just do not have the help that larger clubs have. There are no valid reasons why a Hunt Director should not hunt, this format has been proven to work in other KC'S and would work in UKC. Dave

Old Post 11-14-2019 08:31 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Re: Corey Gruver

quote:
Allowing the Hunt Director to hunt would benefit the small clubs. Clubs that do not have enough members or non hunting persons available to have a PANEL at all times of the hunt. Clubs that need every entry they can get to be successful. Yes, we have many small clubs like that, that need all the help they can get. Clubs that hope to grow their membership and hunt entries, but need help during these growing pains, where every member is needed to hunt and or guide a cast. Small clubs like these are the ones that are asking for the Hunt Director to be able to hunt, they just do not have the help that larger clubs have. There are no valid reasons why a Hunt Director should not hunt, this format has been proven to work in other KC'S and would work in UKC. Dave

Clubs that do not have enough people to facilitate a panel (or low man power in general) should probably have a licensed MOH to rely on instead of utilizing the Hunt Director format...

And if they can't facilitate a licensed official or enough man power to have a panel assist a hunt director, should they even be holding events?

Believe me, I'm not trying to be hard on new clubs or clubs that might be sitting upon hard times, it's just the point. No club should be run by one singular person, and any of you that are experiencing that, I'm very sorry to hear that!

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 11-14-2019 at 08:49 PM

Old Post 11-14-2019 08:44 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Corey Gruver

I used to think that way myself, but I was WRONG. There is an old saying "don't measure your corn in someone else's bushel". Having a large club is a blessing, but should not detract us from knowing that there are many small clubs that are struggling to keep their doors open and put on hunts. It does not make any sense to punish these small clubs with requirements that do not make sense, requirements that in fact punish or hinder their ability to hold a Hunt. Most clubs start out small and grow in size given the opportunity to succeed. I have a strong desire to see these small clubs become successful, UKC and our hunting community needs each and every one of these clubs. Every company is indeed a sum of all their parts and every Club we have is a valuable part of UKC. Dave

Old Post 11-14-2019 09:49 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

I can think of many reasons to allow it but not one decent reason not too.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 11-14-2019 11:25 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Corey Gruver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Corey Gruver
[B]Clubs that do not have enough people to facilitate a panel (or low man power in general) should probably have a licensed MOH to rely on instead of utilizing the Hunt Director format...

And if they can't facilitate a licensed official or enough man power to have a panel assist a hunt director, should they even be holding events?

Believe me, I'm not trying to be hard on new clubs or clubs that might be sitting upon hard times, it's just the point. No club should be run by one singular person, and any of you that are experiencing that, I'm very sorry to hear that!

Corey:
If all the 6 dog and under clubs shut down you would have no $200,000 hunt to look forward to. They pay the same fees as your well staffed club does and I will bet you a root beer float and deliver it to your door if they ain’t more of them than yours.

Tar

Old Post 11-14-2019 11:40 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You would win that bet, like I have stated in my posts, UKC and the hunting community need every Club . We need to stand United not pitting one against the other, we ALL are fighting the same uphill battle to sustain our Clubs and hold these competition hunts. The older hunters are becoming fewer by the years and membership is declining across the country, attracting and keeping younger hunters WILL be and is essential to ALL CLUBS if they are to survive. We ALL need to do everything we can to assist ALL CLUBS, no club needs unnecessary restrictions imposed on them. Exactly the opposite needs to be done, identify and implement ways to help these clubs, not hinder their survival by rules that make no sense. Every journey starts with the first step, let's take the right step to start with and that means unity and working together for the benefit of ALL. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2019 12:14 AM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Corey Gruver

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver
Clubs that do not have enough people to facilitate a panel (or low man power in general) should probably have a licensed MOH to rely on instead of utilizing the Hunt Director format...

Corey by your train of thought we would have considerably less clubs to hunt out of.

Hunt directors are getting hard to find people quit getting the license when the HD format come out.

maybe your not hitting enough hunts but 98% of the clubs don't have enough interest to have people sitting around to form a panel. so by your train of thought theses clubs shouldn't even be having hunts.

More and more clubs are being ran by just a few people because the participation numbers are dropping across the country. So by your train of thought we should close these clubs down. Lets make it easier for the clubs not harder.

Don't say it won't work or can't be done because it's worked in other registries for many years.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 11-15-2019 03:01 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Jack Bingham

quote:
Tar

Didn't do a very good job because lots of complaining about leash lock! Sorry couldn't resist.

Old Post 11-15-2019 03:17 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Jack

You definitely have a point. Ive seen clubs where only one or two guys are putting together the hunt and drawing dogs out. And if they are the ones conducting the event weekend after weekend after weekend, it IS a shame they can't hunt. I will not argue with you on that point.

I've also seen though, these few men putting on the event, drawing out 5, 6, 7, 8 (and more) dogs in the hunt. Now, every dog needs a handler, so that's 5, 6, 7, 8 guys that are hunting dogs. Some may be clubs members, some may not be. How come they aren't helping out with the event once and a while? Surely they can't all be from "out of town".

My original point was this. Many people are unwilling to sacrifice sitting out a weekend when they have a competitive dog they want to hunt. THAT is the problem. Everyone wants to participate in the event, but no one wants to officiate.

We should all be a little more willing to help out and serve where we can instead of expecting the registries to fix our "club-level" problems...

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 11-15-2019 at 05:01 PM

Old Post 11-15-2019 03:52 PM
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

Corey I couldn't agree with you more on your whole post except the last sentence placing the blame on the clubs.

A HD not being able to hunt can only be a "club level problem" because it is a poor choice made by UKC to NOT let them hunt that makes it a "club level problem."

Let them hunt....NO PROBLEM. It hasn't been a "club level problem" in the other registries?!? Go figure huh??

3 Facts to think about.

1) UKC is a business and needs to make $ to stay in business.

2) Allowing a HD to hunt will make them more $ than not allowing them to hunt.

3) It's UKC's business and they have the right to manage OR mismanage it at their discretion.

By the way....4 pages and counting and still no GOOD reason mentioned as why a HD shouldn't hunt!?!

402-209-5053

Last edited by G.W. Harring on 11-15-2019 at 04:44 PM

Old Post 11-15-2019 04:35 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Greg

My apologizes for not being clearer, that sentence was more in regard of clubs finding officials for their events or having the man power to put on an event... THAT is the “club-level” problem.

On a side note, I don’t see where allowing HD to hunt will be a big money maker for UKC either. My guess is that dollar figure would be small, but hey, every little bit helps a business keep the lights on

Old Post 11-15-2019 04:58 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Corey Gruver

I think you know that my opinion of you is very high, wish this world had more Corey Gruvers . Now, what I don't understand is anyone not wanting the Hunt Director to be able to hunt. What works for some clubs may not work for other clubs, having the option to hunt for Hunt Directors is not asking for something that has not been proven to work, it HAS BEEN PROVEN TO WORK. No one can give a valid reason why the Hunt Director can not hunt, I think those opposed to this are putting Hunt Directors and MOHS in the same picture and that is WRONG. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2019 06:40 PM
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

That is exactly my point in regard to clubs finding officials and man power. They can find the officials and have more man power....."IF" they allow the HD to hunt.

Most people want to hunt. They don't have a problem with filling out the paperwork or getting a panel together if need be.

So if you have the ability to allow it, why wouldn't you??

By the way..... Still waiting on all of those GOOD reasons why a HD shouldn't be allowed to hunt. LOL

Anyone, anyone...Bueller???

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-15-2019 06:40 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote