UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > coonhunting mules
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pjeremie
UKC Forum Member

Here is my 2 1/2 yr old jack. I bred him to two mustang mares and a quarter horse mare this summer. They all seem to have taken as they never came back in heat. Guess I will have me a couple mules to hunt off of in a couple years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-24-2012 02:19 AM
pjeremie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pjeremie Click here to Send pjeremie a Private Message Click Here to Email pjeremie Find more posts by pjeremie Add pjeremie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Some mule hunting pictures from this fall.

Aubrey and Ann Butler

VISIT: http://redfeverredbones.tripod.com/

Check Out Our What's Available Page For Upcoming Litters

Home of:
GRNITCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Jack Pine Duke (only current living Quad Grand)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Gangsters Pair A Dice
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)
NITECH GRWCH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Razor's Rip N Tear
NITECH GRFCH GRCH WCH Red Fever Ain't Going Down
NITECH GRCH PR Tree Rizin' Razor's Lil' Ghost
NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Fever Full of Mischief
NITECH GRFCH PR Red Fever Phantom By Moonlight
NITECH FCH GRCH PR Goza's Sing Along Country Girl
NITECH GRCH PR Red Fever Let Er Rip Taterchip
NITECH WCH GRCH GRFCH PR Red Fever Baby Likes To Rock
FCH CH PR Red Fever Rip Tearn' Beast Mode (wins toward NITECH, WCH)
WCH CH PR Red Fever Beware The Ricochet (wins toward FCH, NITECH)

****We use and recommend BLAZER Lights****

Old Post 11-27-2016 04:47 AM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Nice pics. I think I better stick with the old Subaru tho.

Old Post 11-27-2016 05:54 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Nice pictures, ALMOST makes me want to get a mule. A few friends have had them for riding. But I don't know anyone that hunts off them.

Old Post 11-27-2016 06:39 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

About 15 years ago was One of my most favorite coonhunts to date. one night I went huntin off of mules with a buddy . Started at dark got home at daylight. Had saddle bags full coffee and snacks . Good Times i'll never forget !
At first I was not too sure about it cause I've always heard a Mule will wait his whole life to kick you just once ! !!!
Plus, I have always heard more tragic & funny stories about RUN AWAYS and such on mules VS good safe trips LOL

Nice Thread Guys !!! Love the Pictures !

Old Post 11-28-2016 05:42 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys!

Aubrey took a few videos this fall while hunting off the mules. It doesn't really show how steep the terrain is....the mules make it look easy.

Click here for the VIDEO.... https://youtu.be/7XjLDAeTo-E

Aubrey and Ann Butler

Home of:
GRNITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH PR Red Fever Hot Iron Ox (October 2017 #6 Current Reproducer)
GRNITECH GRFCH GRCH PR Red Ryders Red Fever Tater (2013 ARCA Overall Hunt Winner)
NITECH GRCH PR' Two Worlds Collide (2 wins towards GRNITE, pts toward FCH WCH, Former #1 Reproducer)

Last edited by Red Fever on 11-29-2016 at 09:35 PM

Old Post 11-29-2016 04:43 AM
Red Fever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Red Fever Click here to Send Red Fever a Private Message Click Here to Email Red Fever Visit Red Fever's homepage! Find more posts by Red Fever Add Red Fever to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Red Fever, those are some great pics, just enjoy the heck out of them. Thanks for posting.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 11-29-2016 05:41 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I enjoy the pics. I have 2 mules we hunt off of, but i dont have any handy pics. Its alot of fun that adds another dimension to hunting.

I dont understand how you ever treed that many coon with some redbones tho!!!! LoL

Old Post 11-30-2016 03:22 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

i hunt on horses and my friends hunt off mules.. It is an absolute great time and even better way to go hunting!! If you've got big enough territory you can log a lot of miles and sure put some hunting on a hound..

Old Post 11-30-2016 07:13 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryan K Webb
UKC Forum Member

i hunt on horses and my friends hunt off mules.. It is an absolute great time and even better way to go hunting!! If you've got big enough territory you can log a lot of miles and sure put some hunting on a hound..

Old Post 11-30-2016 07:13 PM
Bryan K Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bryan K Webb Click here to Send Bryan K Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email Bryan K Webb Find more posts by Bryan K Webb Add Bryan K Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CARL GUDGEON
UKC Forum Member

Red Fever

Great picture's and video's. The only bad thing is i wasn't along.

NT CH GR F CH CH'PR' RED FEVER CHIEF -

'PR' GUDGEON'S TAKE A CHANCE - POINTS TOWARDS CH and WCH

Nt Ch GR CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S CLYDE "JUNIOR" AND POINTS TOWARD FT CH

'PR' GUDGEON'S LIVING THE DREAM (Dreamer) 2 1st place wins
PR GUDGEON'S MAGGIE
CH 'PR' GUDGEON'S WILD WILLY
PR GUDGEON'S Fog Horn
PR GUDGEON'S JACK
'PR'GUDGEON'S SING ALONG DANCE

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:10 AM
CARL GUDGEON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CARL GUDGEON Click here to Send CARL GUDGEON a Private Message Click Here to Email CARL GUDGEON Find more posts by CARL GUDGEON Add CARL GUDGEON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps

I dont understand how you ever treed that many coon with some redbones tho!!!! LoL

You know what they say.....even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

I'm glad you fellas enjoy the pictures because I'm enjoying going back through and digging them up. Good times!

Aubrey and Ann Butler

Home of:

Last edited by Red Fever on 12-02-2016 at 02:57 PM

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:55 PM
wesley good
UKC Forum Member

Mules

If a person was interested in purchasing one or two decent mules that would fence what should he excpect to spend approximately and where would be a good place to start looking

Old Post 12-02-2016 07:22 PM
wesley good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wesley good Click here to Send wesley good a Private Message Find more posts by wesley good Add wesley good to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wesley good
UKC Forum Member

Mules

If a person was interested in purchasing one or two decent mules that would fence what should he excpect to spend approximately and where would be a good place to start looking

wesley good is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wesley good Click here to Send wesley good a Private Message Find more posts by wesley good Add wesley good to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wesley good
UKC Forum Member

Mules

Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

They are like good hounds, The real good ones are harder to find. try before you buy....

Old Post 12-02-2016 07:41 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Video of hunting off the mules.

Video: https://youtu.be/5G3s6ejXMcA

Aubrey and Ann Butler

Home of:

Old Post 11-04-2019 04:11 PM
Red Fever
UKC Forum Member

Aubrey and I took a video the other day, as we've had some inquiries again about the mules, and I can't find the old video we took probably 6 or 7 years ago now. Here is a little tutorial on how to load the mules in a pick-up truck. Enjoy!

Video: https://youtu.be/P6dcNnXefqo

Aubrey and Ann Butler

Home of:

Old Post 11-19-2019 10:07 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Great video clips! I’ve got a 4y/o John off a walking horse mare im fooling with now. Haven’t had him out at night yet but have trail rode and had him out with my fiests. Mules are definitely a different animal from a horse which has took some learning but I really enjoy him so far. Y’all have any advice or tips for the training process I’d be glad to hear it!

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Old Post 11-20-2019 01:21 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Dudley
New UKC Forum Member

Buy you a copy of (Mule Skinner’s Bible by Max Harsha.)I am not sure where you can find it but it ,but is full of good information about training mules. Hunt Smart by Nite Lite used to sell it.

Old Post 11-20-2019 04:15 PM
Tom Dudley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Dudley Click here to Send Tom Dudley a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Dudley Find more posts by Tom Dudley Add Tom Dudley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote