UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

Foothills of Western North Carolina

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2012 10:58 PM
RD Anders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RD Anders Click here to Send RD Anders a Private Message Click Here to Email RD Anders Find more posts by RD Anders Add RD Anders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sticker holler
UKC Forum Member

sounds squatchy to me, not being a smart @$$ I really believe you.

Old Post 02-28-2012 01:52 AM
sticker holler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sticker holler Click here to Send sticker holler a Private Message Click Here to Email sticker holler Find more posts by sticker holler Add sticker holler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

ha ha

I have only shared that story to a few people for obvious reasons. The thing is alot of hunters around here have had very similar experiences, in the very same area they just won't tell it unless you mention yours first. If anyone thinks they have a reasonable explanation I would love to hear it, I haven't hunted at night by myself very much since then. I really have no idea what it was, all I know is it was REALLY fast and big. This is a really rough area, waterfalls, wooly heads and very steep in places. I just thought it would be a interesting story for everybody and maybe make others that have had similar things happen feel more comfortable about sharing their experiences.

Old Post 02-28-2012 02:48 AM
RD Anders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RD Anders Click here to Send RD Anders a Private Message Click Here to Email RD Anders Find more posts by RD Anders Add RD Anders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T-Monroe
UKC Forum Member

I was hunting some corn fields not far from my home with 3 hounds and once we had done our first drop they all went about 150 to 200 yards and opened up and got treed, so me and my daughter went over to where they were and just as we were heading in we heard a small bark (like a Chihuahua the taco bell dog) that was not from our hounds. We looked up and all three hounds come running out with tails tucked and stood about 100 yards from the tree line looking back as if they was watching something. After about 10 to 15 min of waiting to see what the hounds was going to do they all headed right back in and treed again. We never seen a thing and not sure what it was but we went in, got the hounds and moved to a new spot.

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Ramblin Rex
GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Miss Karlie
NITECH GRCH 'PR' Monroe's Bawlin Jake

Old Post 02-29-2012 12:32 PM
T-Monroe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T-Monroe Click here to Send T-Monroe a Private Message Click Here to Email T-Monroe Visit T-Monroe's homepage! Find more posts by T-Monroe Add T-Monroe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WalkerGirl25
UKC Forum Member

Me and some friends went out one night, and we were driving through this powerline crossing and stopped to drop the dogs again, we looked over the bank and there was a light at the bottom, looked like a flash light, and it was moving, and I thought maybe it was someone else hunting, or checkin traps or somethin. Well, we decided to drive down to where it was, and it was gone. Creepiest thing I ever encountered, but we continued the hunt, with a cautious eye!

Old Post 02-29-2012 01:22 PM
WalkerGirl25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WalkerGirl25 Click here to Send WalkerGirl25 a Private Message Click Here to Email WalkerGirl25 Find more posts by WalkerGirl25 Add WalkerGirl25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DestinysDemon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
The Place that I hunt had a girlscout jamboree. We got finished hunting about a quarter mile away. I had this Peavey sound systen that belonged to my wife but I also had a twelve volt converter to plug on the battery. Me and my buddy could not help it , he had a CD that he had copied that famouse scream off of Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? You know Delmar. Just as the toad jumps out of the shirt collar. Anyway when it got through we heard even more terrifying screams coming from the camp. We headed on out of there and when we hit the pavement we met at least thirty cars coming to get their daughters at two in the morning. That was ten years ago and this is the first word ever spoke of it.

That has to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!!! Lol

Old Post 02-29-2012 04:23 PM
DestinysDemon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DestinysDemon Click here to Send DestinysDemon a Private Message Click Here to Email DestinysDemon Find more posts by DestinysDemon Add DestinysDemon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buffaloriver
UKC Forum Member

sorry this is a long story but about 8 yrs ago my husband (now ex husband) and I went hunting near the river close to the water plant where we lived turned our dog out and after a few min. he struck and was track in a lil patch of trees really close to us he got quiet for a min and then we heard him treeing sounded like he was down the river so we started walking that way but as we walked that way it sounded like he was treed behind us so we went back to where we started and it sounded like he was back down the river we went that way once again but i was starting to get spooked and the further we went down the river the less we could hear the dog we had one light with us and he was up ahead of me with it i was walking behind him in the dark I got this strang feeling like i was gona step off in a whole if i wasnt careful so i started tapping the ground with my foot before I took a step to make sure it was solid which put me further behind him i tested the ground before everystep and soon my knees were knocking i was so scared and still couldnt figure out where that dang dog was He finally stopped and came back to me and said that the dog must be in a hole we went back to where we heard him tracking and started into the lil patch of trees and boy it was thick you couldnt see anything for all of the briars

Old Post 02-29-2012 04:54 PM
buffaloriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buffaloriver Click here to Send buffaloriver a Private Message Click Here to Email buffaloriver Find more posts by buffaloriver Add buffaloriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buffaloriver
UKC Forum Member

I still have this feeling like I am going to step off in a hole so I grab a stick and test the ground with it before everystep we can hear the dog but it still sounds like it is down toward the river but he is determined the dog is in this patch of woods in a hole sure enough we got to the middle and there is this big old uncovered well and our dog is treed in the bottom of it bout 20 ft down he must of jumped or fell down there after a coon cause he is still after the dang coon and acting like he doesnt realize how far down he is in that well doesnt act hurt either I go back to truck and grab the dog lead and a rope tie the rope to the dog lead and he hangs on to it and kinda repells down the hole to the dog now there is water in the well and the dog is going back and forth into the water and back up on a lil ledge he could just barly stand on I am near tears cause i dont know how we gona get this dog and now he is going into the hole what if i cant pull him up or he cant climb out but he gets down there and hooks lead to the dogs collar and takes off his belt fixes it around dogs waist ties the whole thing to the rope and pushes up while I pull I manage to pull the dog out and he climbs back out using the rope and wedging himself up against the wall of the well said there was a hole in the wall at the bottom must be a cave opening or something the coon went into the sound must have been echoing and coming out another whole toward the river is all we could figure He and I divorced the next year he kept that old dog We remained friends and shared custody of our son He died last Aug. in a logging accident at age 35 that dang dog lived to be 13 and died the same week

Old Post 02-29-2012 05:07 PM
buffaloriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buffaloriver Click here to Send buffaloriver a Private Message Click Here to Email buffaloriver Find more posts by buffaloriver Add buffaloriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DROPTINE
UKC Forum Member

EXPLOSION

WE WERE HUNTING AND WE JUST REACHED THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN TONIGHT AND BOOOM A REALLY LOUD EXPLOSION WE STOOD STILL BOUT 15 MINUTES AND NEVER HEARD ANOTHER SOUND BESIDES HOUSE DOGS BARKING IT SOUNDED HUGE WHATEVER IT WAS

Old Post 03-04-2012 03:46 AM
DROPTINE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DROPTINE Click here to Send DROPTINE a Private Message Find more posts by DROPTINE Add DROPTINE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sticker holler
UKC Forum Member

somebody's meth lab blew up

Old Post 03-04-2012 05:38 PM
sticker holler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sticker holler Click here to Send sticker holler a Private Message Click Here to Email sticker holler Find more posts by sticker holler Add sticker holler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prttimer
UKC Forum Member

Busting turkeys off roost gets me everytime lol
Had my dog fight a yote or something about 30 yards from me and come back tail tucked and chest bleeding after I yelled and ran in his direction

Old Post 03-04-2012 07:35 PM
prttimer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prttimer Click here to Send prttimer a Private Message Find more posts by prttimer Add prttimer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jwade
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 03-14-2012 05:05 PM
Jwade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jwade Click here to Send Jwade a Private Message Click Here to Email Jwade Find more posts by Jwade Add Jwade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

NOTHING LIVENS UP A NITE HUNT LIKE AN UNEXPECTED COVEY OF QUAIL!!!

Old Post 03-14-2012 05:12 PM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Balloons are freaking me out. I have posted about finding them regular where I hunt. And usually near a tree. I found one early this morning near a bucket right here on this place. I found out this thing is called a Chineese lantern. It's like a bag you put a candle in and the heat makes it fly. Freaky for me finding the candle and wondering if somebody had been out there smoking dope. Those things could catch the woods on fire, But I guess they burn out before it hits the ground.

Old Post 04-26-2012 01:58 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Trone
UKC Forum Member

We were hunting last night on a comp hunt and as we were coming down the road to the corner we saw a light threw the woods on the other side of the corner . As we came around the corner there was two sheets hanging over a cable in front of a big bright light . There was two men sitting in chairs watching the sheet and when we pulled up we ask what they were doing and they said they were catching moth specimens . Strange to be in the middle of no where . They were also from Wisconson and this was in Florida . We didnt get to turn out at that drop . May not be that strange but have never seen it before

Old Post 05-13-2012 02:21 AM
Tim Trone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Trone Click here to Send Tim Trone a Private Message Find more posts by Tim Trone Add Tim Trone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 11-01-2012 04:40 AM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
perry co cooner
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 11-01-2012 04:41 AM
perry co cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for perry co cooner Click here to Send perry co cooner a Private Message Find more posts by perry co cooner Add perry co cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dumbdog1988
Banned

One night when we were done hunting the dogs we got back to the road that led to our trucks and were walking when my dad mentioned something was in the sky. It was far enough away it looked circular and was hanging in the air not moving. It had green/yellow lights coming off it. We watched it for 20-30 min and it never moved, there was also 2 more objects that were farther away than the one we saw first. All 3 objects made a triangle in the sky but onyl one we could see very well. It wasn't a plane, helicopter, balloon, tower, nothing like that. Also its not there every night, ive seen it once and hes seen it twice so far.

Never could explain what it was, either govt aircraft we dont know about or UFO. Even as we were driving it never moved.

Old Post 11-01-2012 04:07 PM
dumbdog1988 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dumbdog1988 Click here to Send dumbdog1988 a Private Message Find more posts by dumbdog1988 Add dumbdog1988 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

That is strange! Even the moon looks like its moving when i'm driving. LOL.

Old Post 11-01-2012 05:58 PM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

kinda funny now!!!

One night we "husband & 2 daughters" were hunting some young dogs, they struck out of the box so he got out turned them loose and walked 40 or so yards behind the truck around a bend in the road to relieve himself. The dogs were going around in a thicket booing trying to figure out the track and flushed a bobcat out in the road right at my husband, he said he could've kicked it was so close, he soaked that ol cat as it went by!!! True story

Old Post 11-05-2012 07:55 AM
mike bennett
UKC Forum Member

Went hunting in Pickens county Alabama, between Reform and Millport and all dogs get treed, we walk into them and they are treed in big oak tree we all are shining when a little ole man walks up and starts talking. As it turns out he is a hermit living in the woods with his dogs. He was a nice fellow, but scared me to death. I tried to show some friends his dwelling but could never find it again.

Old Post 11-05-2012 07:35 PM
mike bennett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike bennett Click here to Send mike bennett a Private Message Click Here to Email mike bennett Find more posts by mike bennett Add mike bennett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuckFinn
UKC Forum Member

A few months ago I was walking my pup out about a half mile behind my house letting him “sniff the woods” as my wife would say. The pup was up ahead of me a short distance when he just froze looking at something. He didn’t bark or growl, just stood there. I walked on up to have a look and didn’t see anything right away but then heard loud snapping, cracking sounds and turned the direction it came from. There was a huge, hairy creature sitting on a log just like a human would sit. He looked the size of an NFL player with hair covering all but his nose and forehead which were sort of grayish colored. He was sitting there munching on a trail camera just like you would eat a sandwich! First time he looked at me he just gave a glance and kept on eating but after a bit he stuffed the last of the camera in his mouth and stood up and trotted away slowly like a batter taking a free base. He never looked back. I found one fairly good track which was about 18 inches long and was going to come back and photograph it but my pup got on it a couple of times and messed it up. I didn’t even tell my wife. Just phoned a buddy I used to hunt with and told him but asked him to not tell anyone because people would just think it was a crazy story.

Old Post 01-05-2013 06:46 AM
HuckFinn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuckFinn Click here to Send HuckFinn a Private Message Click Here to Email HuckFinn Find more posts by HuckFinn Add HuckFinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Billy George
UKC Forum Member

Decided to make a quick dump one night, big remote river bottom,cut down a fence row that led to the main timber and eventually to the river... She made it in a lot deeper then i had figured,crossed the river and was hooked. So i start that way,i get to the river,crossed there at least 100 times,its about 60 yards wide with big bends at each end.. I get about six steps across the river,I get this sick,weird feeling that I'm being watched. SO I head to Nellie Belle she has a coon i roll it out to her,quickly skin and head to the truck.Bout half way out I hear a low,deep growl coming from the area where she was treed... Didn't actually see anything/one but know i wasn't alone that night,didn't hunt there alone again......

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)

Old Post 01-05-2013 03:58 PM
Billy George is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Billy George Click here to Send Billy George a Private Message Click Here to Email Billy George Visit Billy George's homepage! Find more posts by Billy George Add Billy George to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuckFinn
UKC Forum Member

More stories please. Thanks

Old Post 01-09-2013 05:34 AM
HuckFinn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuckFinn Click here to Send HuckFinn a Private Message Click Here to Email HuckFinn Find more posts by HuckFinn Add HuckFinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marpal
UKC Forum Member

Back several years ago a buddy of mine,and another guy went hunting on a place south of me, that was a horse ranch that layed along the north Canadian river. They were hunting on mules and were done for the night, and heading back to the truck, when all the sudden a big gray stud horse crashes out of the brush , and attacked them. This threw the little mollie mule he was riding into a tail spin, and bucked him off. Next thing he knew the stud mounted his mule for a little free stud service. He said the stud had his front feet in the stirrups , just going to town. Of course when he was finished, now he's hung up, and by the time he gets loose, the saddle and rigging were torn to shreds. After the show was over they parted ways. My buddy said they jumped the closest fence, patched up his saddle best he could and headed out. He said he never would forget his buddy laughing histericlly all the way to the truck. After many years ,,,. He even thinks its funny.

Old Post 01-10-2013 04:28 AM
marpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marpal Click here to Send marpal a Private Message Click Here to Email marpal Find more posts by marpal Add marpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote