UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hey any strange "encounters" while hunting?
Pages (23): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Boondok
UKC Forum Member

My Mom passed away of pancreatic cancer in June of 2005. I come from a close family and Mom was as nice a person as there ever was. She went through a lot of pain with her illness. We all took it hard. My Dad and I are real dedicated coon hunters, and the dogs are what helped us through her death. Anyway, I was hunting right after her passing alone one warm summer night. Turned the dog loose and went back and sat on the tailgate. I was way off the road on a big farm and it was an absolute beautiful night, clear and stars all over. I was looking up into the sky and kind of said outloud, "Mom I wish you'd let me know somehow that you're happy and not in pain anymore". Almost instantly a cool push touched my right arm. I had a T-shirt on, so I felt it easily. Now, I was sitting still and it was warm out and NO breeze. I didn't feel wierd or question what I felt. It just made me sit there and smile as I looked up and I said "Good Mom, you're happy". Sometimes being out in the woods with these ole hounds can bring you a little piece of Heaven.......

*GrNiteCh PKC CH ACHA World Champion Walker'PR' Buck Creek Hitler.....RIP ole buddy
*Buck Creek Sugie......RIP ole girl

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2011 02:25 PM
Boondok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Click here to Send Boondok a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Add Boondok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
terra
UKC Forum Member

One nite while hunting in the gov. wood's, we were parked in the old rock road listening to the dog's when a car pulled up behind us. I was about 14 at the time, my father told me to go see what they wanted so I did. The car was I believe a black B.M.W when I walked up to the car on the pass. side a "person" put the window down, here in this car in the middle of the gov. wood's was three men in tuxedo's and a fourth man in a white wedding dress! And folk's it was not halloween, that's the strangest thing I've ever seen while coon huntin! I'm 46 now and I can tell you without a doubt there's nothing stranger in the wood's than people.

Old Post 12-22-2011 08:03 PM
terra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for terra Click here to Send terra a Private Message Click Here to Email terra Find more posts by terra Add terra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firehawk24
New UKC Forum Member

Found a guy who had shot himself in his car. He had driven his car down a logging road pretty good ways into the woods. As I approached it I thought this is weird, or maybe some kids or something.

As I got closer I noticed a man laying in the front passengers side of the car. No shirt, no shoes, but red all over his right side. make a long story he had shot himself.

Old Post 12-22-2011 08:16 PM
firehawk24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firehawk24 Click here to Send firehawk24 a Private Message Click Here to Email firehawk24 Find more posts by firehawk24 Add firehawk24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

I love reading these stories, keep them coming

Old Post 01-05-2012 06:44 AM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

My good buddy had the right to hunt these woods. He told me to meet him at 6;30 (knowing he was going to turn out at 6) He was leaning against a tree listing to old Max working when a flying squirrel hit him in the chest hard and ran up his neck, clawd his ear and jumped off his head. When I got there he was a ways down in the woods layed out gasping for air. I told him to relax I would start some resssessitation on him if his breath did not stink so bad. He must have had liverworst and cheese on rye bread is what i think. Unnatuaral smells to a Southernor. Anyway , he finally got over it and give me heck for a year or two telling him about his breath.

Old Post 01-05-2012 07:40 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

i found quite a few stolen cars while hunting. the last one was off a bluff, my buddy thought he would do the right thing and call the law, well when the law got there he made me hike down the bluffs to get the license plate number it was about 100 foot down there, could have broke a neck or something. when i got back on top i told him what the plate had written on it he said thank you as he was driveing off lol. i found a balloon one night cooning and there was a little tag on it that said call piggly wiggly you have won some free grocers, next morning i got up bright and early and called mr. piggly wiggly, it was in alabama somewhere and i told the guy bout me finding the balloon, mr. piggly wiggly said i dont have a clue what chew are talking bout lol. i still say they owe me some chips or something for carring that stupid balloon out of the woods lol.

Old Post 01-05-2012 10:18 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsegrl08
UKC Forum Member

We were out last night and there was something strange in the sky...it was almost like a comet but it was faded and it had a beam of light that went straight up n straight down to the ground from it...I saw it but I didn't say nothing then the guys were like what is that thing...it was

Old Post 01-15-2012 06:25 PM
horsegrl08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsegrl08 Click here to Send horsegrl08 a Private Message Find more posts by horsegrl08 Add horsegrl08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
horsegrl08
UKC Forum Member

We were out last night and there was something strange in the sky...it was almost like a comet but it was faded and it had a beam of light that went straight up n straight down to the ground from it...I saw it but I didn't say nothing then the guys were like what is that thing...it was

Old Post 01-15-2012 06:25 PM
horsegrl08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for horsegrl08 Click here to Send horsegrl08 a Private Message Find more posts by horsegrl08 Add horsegrl08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BUCK MTN KENNEL
UKC Forum Member

Ok I guess I will put a True Story on here how I ruined someones life aint proud of it but I was 16 when it happened.......

I went coon hunting for the first time when I was 14 and ever since I was hooked. When I turned 16 I hunted harder than anyone around. I had a truck and hunted alot alone because it was hard to get my buddys to hunt 7 nights a week.

Any way I was headed out to my favorite place to hunt it was on the lake TVA Land alot of people hunted it but none more than me it runs to a dead end road. I drive there and pull off the road and I see a van at the end of the road. Of course this is nothing new people are always down there getting it on or night fishing.

Any way I get out and cut loose dog working a track and trees in the direction of the van I got to my pup and he has a opposum. Back then I was just happy he treed. It isnt kill season so no gun. I start walking back to the truck and hear a loud scream coming from the van It didnt sound like the good kind of scream I kind of panicked a little thoughts in my head or someone young women being hurt or rapped. I got to my truck fast and called the TVA and reported it. I was driving back out to the main road and seen tva and sent them there and I went home.

The next night I went back there to hunt and I saw TVA there. I flagged them down and said I was the one that called you guys last night what happened. He said I wasnt on Duty but said he knows someone went to jail over it.

I didnt think anything else about it and one night I went to my buddys house his mom said she had something to show me It was a news paper and told me you got someone in big trouble........

I looked at the head line and Picture...The Van I called TVA on Was a Teacher and her 15 year old student. They had been lovers for awhile and she was going to Jail for awhile busted on tva land at the dead end road......

Its horrible a teacher would do that and even worse she was Ugly but Heck I was a kid then I didnt know what was going on thought I was helping someone from getting hurt.....LOL

I havent talked about this in years to only my close friends......

I have tons of other real life storys I hunt hard and seem to always have something wild and crazy happen.....

Old Post 01-20-2012 10:12 PM
BUCK MTN KENNEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BUCK MTN KENNEL Click here to Send BUCK MTN KENNEL a Private Message Find more posts by BUCK MTN KENNEL Add BUCK MTN KENNEL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

Let's hear some more.

Old Post 01-22-2012 07:02 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huntinafterdark
UKC Forum Member

Was running two young dogs this fall before the corn was cut. The dogs were on a good track and it sounded like they were warming it up pretty good. My father was with me and he is starting to have a few health issues including his walking ability. So long story short pops doesn't get around too fast in the big timber.
So we're slowly walking down this dirt road listening to my male dog bringing this track around. Pops ask me if I had my pistol loaded up. I told him no but I would if he wanted me to. I no sooner got those words out of my mouth and something came barreling out of the corn straight out at my dad who was walking about 10 yards behind me. I didn't even have time to swing around and get a light on whatever jumped out of that corn and the old man passed me running faster than my truck would go down that old dirt road. Finally after he ran half a mile out in front of me, I seen my gyp walk up right beside me and jump back into the corn. Felt bad for the old man, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all my life.. Bummy leg and all, he was burning up countryside getting away.. He said he thought it was something gonna get em..

Old Post 02-12-2012 01:34 AM
huntinafterdark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntinafterdark Click here to Send huntinafterdark a Private Message Click Here to Email huntinafterdark Find more posts by huntinafterdark Add huntinafterdark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

It was in the Depreesion. I'm lieing, it was in the height of the Housing boom we used to have a few years ago.. I was coming out from a tree and toting three coons from three trees and the dogs were off hunting again while I was off balanced and headed for the truck. My light picked up a flicker. I eased on and I could get that flicker more and more regular. It was off the path a little but it got my curiostity up so I cut off my light and esaed towards it . Directly., I think I saw a red laserbeam flashing around, like one one those lasers a spy uses to kill people with. It got me worried because I was a year or two behind on my taxes. I crawled and snuck about where it was the flicker I was seeing and it was deathly cold for South Carolina . I cannot hear as good as I once could and I thought I heard somebody speaking ing tongues. Spooky to me. But I can rely on seeing unless I am reading, so I kept on sneacking up on it. Directly, I peeked through the bushes and there is a Mandican standin there . A mandican is a dummy they use at department stores and dress them up in the latest fashions. He was froze stiff......standing there, holding on to a stick. My curiosity was running wild. I stood up and said " What you doin?" I like to died when he spoke up and said Surveying. LOL Those boys were out at midnight surveying land in the dark.."I'm just waiting on my shot". I told him he liked to scared me to death and he told me I had done the same to him after he saw me coming and dissappeared. He said the crewchief told him to put this stick on that corner post and don't move it come He-- or high water or the Devil in the deep blue sea.

Old Post 02-12-2012 02:45 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
umbie
UKC Forum Member

My boyfriend and I were hunting on some wooded pasture land we had just got permission to hunt on.The farmer said we would be the only one hunting there. We walked up on a hugh camo blind like a tent. It freaked me out a little then I looked right pass it and there was a orange plastic tarp wrapped around something . The dog was spooked and so were we . We got the heck out of there . My boyfriend said it was where someone guted a deer but it looked creepy to me . I have never been back there.

NtCh Umbe's Blue Buster RIP
CH 'PR' Thundering Blue Buckshot
'PR' Umbes Bella Luna Blue Eclipse
'PR' Umbes New Moon Becca Blue
and the pups

Old Post 02-12-2012 03:13 AM
umbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for umbie Click here to Send umbie a Private Message Click Here to Email umbie Find more posts by umbie Add umbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barrelmaker
UKC Forum Member

This didn't happen to me but to a friend I've hunted with since we were kids. It was in the late 70's, he and his brother were hunting near New Hope, kentucky, they had two dogs and they both treed in different directions. He went to his dog and it started raining so he ducked into an old barn, hanging from one of the rafters was a local rogue with his hands tied behind his back with barbed wire. The funny thing was, when they did the autopsy the coroner ruled it as suicide, the local sheriff was my neighbor and I ragged him about it until the day he died.

Old Post 02-15-2012 01:49 PM
barrelmaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barrelmaker Click here to Send barrelmaker a Private Message Click Here to Email barrelmaker Find more posts by barrelmaker Add barrelmaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like..

quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff Andy
several years ago (maybe 20) my dad's ol dogs treed in a big ol white oak tree in dead of winter. we found eyes in the highest fork and shot it. it wedged in the fork as we've all had happened. well he shot a whole box of 22 shells at it but it was wedged good. came back next day with a 12 gauge and in the day light could see it was coal black. instantly we thought he'd shot a bear cub. well 2 blast from his trusty 12 gauge brought it down. it wasn't a bear. we don't know what kinda cat it was but it was a feline. it was coal black and slick as a hounds coat, except for it's tail. had a bushy tail, was about 35 lbs., and had teeth visibly pertruding from it's mouth. like vampire teeth. we were hunting national forest land in ellijay, GA.

A black panther. We have a good number of them over here in Ark. of course the G&F say they aren't here but I've seen 3 myself. One during the day. They don't get as big as a tan mountain lion but I'm sure could mess up a dog just as well. And yes I know they are here becuase not only have I seen them but I have a relative of mine who trapped 3 of them when he was working for the G & F back in the 60's. They are around.
Pretty sure I hit one of these one night. Right near where I had seen one the dogs struck something and it was fast. I had them 100% broke off deer, you could walk all over them and they'd never touch em. This thing took off faster than any deer they had ran in a straight line into the swamp, about a mile away. I couldn't get then to come back and the dogs didn't come back until 2 days later. I had never had them run a deer much over just what you could hear even when they did run them before they were broke. It's the only thing I can think of that could move that quickly and run that far that they would chase.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 02-21-2012 at 03:43 PM

Old Post 02-21-2012 03:35 PM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tripple B Farms
UKC Forum Member

Big Coon

My dad was having trouble with a coon getting in his dog food he kept in a trash can on the back porch. dad would sneak down the hall throw the door open and yell at it and it would leave him alone for a week or so, but one night he was awoken by the sound of the lid hitting the Porch so he sneaked down the hall throwed the door open and came eye to eye with a Black bear my dad said he dident know who was scared the worst him or the bear. so after that the dog food was kept in the house.

Old Post 02-23-2012 07:16 PM
Tripple B Farms is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tripple B Farms Click here to Send Tripple B Farms a Private Message Click Here to Email Tripple B Farms Find more posts by Tripple B Farms Add Tripple B Farms to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuckyboy
New UKC Forum Member

strange

I had cut my hound loose on an inch of fresh snow soon he struck after a while he treed so i went to him , now on my way back i walked in my own tracks when i saw about ten to fifteen feet to my left was a strange set of boot prints that led all the way back to my truck and there they ended , I left in A hurry!!!.

Old Post 02-23-2012 10:41 PM
tuckyboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuckyboy Click here to Send tuckyboy a Private Message Click Here to Email tuckyboy Find more posts by tuckyboy Add tuckyboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rlnd
UKC Forum Member

strange

Watching the sky one night there was an aircraft making manuvers our planes cannot do. I served in the air force and seen our best fly and they had nothing for what i was seeing. Did the crazy flying for about 10 minutes then the lights went out on the craft and it disappeared. Could never figure out what it was. Another night i was walking to a treed dog and heard a sound that sent me running back to my truck. Grabbed my 45 and proceeded to the dog but i was scared s%%%less. Never seen what was making the noise but wish i had. This all happened south of Terre Haute, IN

Old Post 02-24-2012 06:25 AM
rlnd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rlnd Click here to Send rlnd a Private Message Find more posts by rlnd Add rlnd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hey Preacher!!!
UKC Forum Member

WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER, I OFTEN HUNTED WITH MY TWO COUSINS, ONE OF WHICH WAS RATHER 'JUMPY'!!! WE WERE SITTING OUT IN THE PASTURE ON MY GREAT-GRANDDADDY'S OLD HOME PLACE, JUST SITTING ON THE TAILGATE LISTENING FOR THE DOGS!!! UP ON THE HILL FROM THE PASTURE, YOU CAN SEE AN OPENING IN THE WOODS WHERE THERE USED TO BE A COTTON PATCH!!! THE PATCH IS ALL GROWN OVER NOW IN A THICKET OF BRIERS AAND SAPLINGS, BUT FROM A DISTANCE IT STILL LOOKS OPEN!!! WE WERE JUST SITTING THERE LISTENING, WHEN MY COUSIN NOTICES THE OPENING IN THE TREES AND ASKS, "WHAT'S THAT UP THERE?" I STARTED MAKING UP THIS STORY ABOUT HOW THAT WAS THE OLD FAMILY CEMETARY UP ON THAT HILL!!! ALL OF A SUDDEN A PUP WE HAD WITH US STARTED LOOKING IN THAT DIRECTION AND STARTED 'BOOGER' BARKING!!! YOU COULDN'T HAVE TIMED IT ANY BETTER!!! MY COUSIN JUMPED OFF THAT TAILGATE AND HAD THAT OLD CHEVY CRANKED BEFORE I COULD TELL HIM ANY DIFFERENT!!! YOU TALK ABOUT A SCARED BOY, HE WAS WHITE AS A GHOST, AND HE NEVER WOULD GO BACK OVER THERE WITH US ANYMORE!!!

Old Post 02-24-2012 06:53 AM
Hey Preacher!!! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hey Preacher!!! Click here to Send Hey Preacher!!! a Private Message Find more posts by Hey Preacher!!! Add Hey Preacher!!! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Re: strange

quote:
Originally posted by rlnd
Watching the sky one night there was an aircraft making manuvers our planes cannot do. I served in the air force and seen our best fly and they had nothing for what i was seeing. Did the crazy flying for about 10 minutes then the lights went out on the craft and it disappeared. Could never figure out what it was. Another night i was walking to a treed dog and heard a sound that sent me running back to my truck. Grabbed my 45 and proceeded to the dog but i was scared s%%%less. Never seen what was making the noise but wish i had. This all happened south of Terre Haute, IN
That's why I don't carry a pistle . Too many dummies out there. Get a little cock eyed and they go to shooting . Wait till they run out and go beat their ass out the frame is what I recomend , hardly, likely they will ever try that stupid stuff again > Most likely they will move to the Citay and drag their trailorhouse along behind them LOL.

Old Post 02-24-2012 07:00 AM
geena wilson
UKC Forum Member

WEIRD NIGHT...

i posed this on my thread i figured it might be a good story for on here... i still really dont have an explanation....

went huntin a pretty good ways away from the house about 15 miles of driving across the state line. alright turned loose got struck and ann treed a coon close to the road. get back to the truck drive down the road and the garmin says shes 15 yards from me. she was, and treed strait down a bluff next to the creek. shoot the coon out head down the bluff get her and the coon, everything is fine, drive all the way back to the house, taking the collars off for the night, reach for the garmin collar and its GONE. search everywhere. no garmin so i turn my handheld back on and the last place it had it was 15 miles away. so im thinking she snaged it on something and it fell off... ok so now i gotta drive all the way back where she treed the coon!!! get there and the garmin says its 75 yards away... now its gettin strange... so i head back off down the bluff and where she was at. handheld says shes to my right so i look down that way theres the collar, alright now its about to get real weird... the collar is laying on the middle of huge rock about the size of a smaller wagonwheel, in the middle of the creek, and its lached in the very last hole of the collar. now this creek isnt a stong creek hardly any water, so i know it didnt wash down and there is nothing around to get hung on anywhere around for it to snag.... what the heck happend???????? everybody i have asked says the only explanation is someone was in the woods and snached it off, lached it in the last notch and threw it down the creek on the rock.... right????

LANTERN LIGHT COPPER

Old Post 02-25-2012 06:53 PM
geena wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for geena wilson Click here to Send geena wilson a Private Message Find more posts by geena wilson Add geena wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

Unusual

OK this all happened in one season, the first time my oldest daughter and I were hunting 2 young pups on gamelands one night, we stopped next to a creek and turned them out to hunt, as we were standing there I heard a growling sound, being on a good sized creek I wasn't real sure what I heard. I didn't think to much about it till I heard it again, louder and more aggresive, so I looked down at my then 10 year old daughter to see if she had heard it, and obviously after seeing the size of her eyes she had, she said something is growling at us! About that time it growled a REALLY loud, closer growl, it sounded like it was on the bank right above where I had parked my truck..... I told her to run and get in the truck on driverside me right behind her, cranked the truck and hauled butt about 100 yrds up the road, the entire time she was worried about the pups, luckily they followed so I jumped out threw them in the cab and left. The next day I was telling my story to my now husband and my best friend and her husband, explaing how I have never heard a growl like that, I,ve heard bear, bobcats, and yes even big cats and this was not anything like that. After listening to my dramactic story the teasing started, my best friends husband saying maybe it was a polar bear. Needless to say noone believed me said it was probably a dog cause I am a girl and don't know what I'm talking about.

Old Post 02-26-2012 08:08 PM
RD Anders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RD Anders Click here to Send RD Anders a Private Message Click Here to Email RD Anders Find more posts by RD Anders Add RD Anders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

2nd thing that happened

About 3 months later all of us "my husband and my bestfriends husband who teased me" were hunting the same block of woods, they had a young female that was hard to catch running around their truck, my bestfriends husband was outside trying to catch her when he jumped back in telling his wife he could hear something big walking around the truck and he couldn't see it, so they drove down the road with their dog following, he got out trying to catch her when he heard it again. He refused to get out anymore and his wife had to cause his 6'6 butt was scared. So she catches the dog and they start flying down this old narrow gravel road, when they stopped and heard something running in the woods beside them, keep in mind this is ROUGH land steep, rocky, and very thick in brush. They hollered at us on the radio, we were about 400 to 500 yards down the road, and told us what was happening, we told them to go as fast as they could toward us and as soon as they could kill the engine, sure enough you could hear something HUGE busting threw the woods and stop right below the road right beside the trucks. We figured if it was a cat or bear our dogs would let us now so my husband turned his best cat dog and 2 bear dogs off in there, they acted like it was somebody, they would go right to where we heard it and one dog would dance around like it was trying to play...........??????? So we call the dogs load them back up and haul butt as fast as we could down the road about 800yrds or better, killed the engine and again it was just a few steps behind us. I got out and walked back to our friends truck asking her husband if he thought that was a polar bear when all of a sudden we heard the most God awful moan/growl noise, the hair stood up all over and I walked on air all the way back to my truck. My husband being the way he is grabbed the 22 pistol put 3 dogs on a lead and piled off the bank in there with it, he turned the dogs loose when he started hearing something moving around and again dogs would go to it and comeback to him like it was somebody, we are all still up on the rode when suddenly we hear it break into a run, making ALOT of noise as it went thru nothing but a laurel thicket, in a matter of about 20 secs we could hear house dogs barking from a house that was about 800 to 1000yrds away, the same direction what ever it was going. My husband looked around where he had heard it and found one odd, large track about 7 to 8' from a down tree and the next track 7 to 8' on the other side of the tree, the moss and bark had not been disturbed, he siad it didn't have toes really just left a really big odd shape, he eventually couldn't find anymore sign so he came back and needless to say we went home.

Old Post 02-26-2012 08:42 PM
RD Anders is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RD Anders Click here to Send RD Anders a Private Message Click Here to Email RD Anders Find more posts by RD Anders Add RD Anders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RD Anders
UKC Forum Member

3rd time

Me and my husband were hunting one night when the dogs stuck and took off on a bear. A few hours had passed and it was about 2am and really cold, my husband was asleep in the passenger side and I was tracking dogs on a high mountainside trying to get a direction when I started hearing something in behind us walking in the leaves, kinda made me nervous but sounded like it was a good distance from us, untill I heard gravel, what ever it was climb up a steep bank and came into the road. I hit my brake lights but couldn't see anything so I cranked the truck and drove normal down the road about 75 to 100 yards, I woke my husband up and told him what had happened so he said roll down your window and stop, sure enough something was following us right off in the woods again. I turned on my coon light on shining off the bank and couldn't see anything thru the brush, so again cranked up put in 4 high and floored it, went about 200 yards killed the switch and again heard about 4 or 5 quick steps and it stopped down in below us, I pulled out the pistol and shot 4 times in the ground, I'm not stupid enough to sling lead at something I can't see, just wanted to see if it would run off, and it didn't. We decided we wanted to see how fast and how far this thing could go so we cranked up and went faster then we should have on this road running about 45 sometimes faster for about 1/2 mile or better, and sure enough it was right there when we killed the engine, only a few quick steps and it stopped right off below us. We haven't had anything like this happen again and that was was about 8 years ago. I'm not saying I know what it is but I know what it not!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 02-26-2012 09:03 PM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

RD Anders, where are you from?

Old Post 02-27-2012 08:29 PM