UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Red dots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
phil g
UKC Forum Member

Red dots

I use a regular red dot on my 22,i was thinking about getting one of the paralex ones, it has a more open screen.
Does anyone use one?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2021 12:06 AM
phil g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phil g Click here to Send phil g a Private Message Find more posts by phil g Add phil g to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I use a laser dot on my 22 pistol. Love it. Put the dot on the coon and shoot it.

Old Post 02-20-2021 12:49 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phil g
UKC Forum Member

What kind of laser do you have, i had a cheaper one on, and had problems at different distances

Old Post 02-20-2021 12:35 PM
phil g is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phil g Click here to Send phil g a Private Message Find more posts by phil g Add phil g to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

It's not an expensive one. I'd have to look up the box. I've got mine zeroed in at about 60 ft. Seems to be pretty well on to 100 ft.

Old Post 02-20-2021 02:00 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KentuckyKid96
UKC Forum Member

My buddy has one on his 10/22, I think its either the vortex or the sig model, and it does pretty well for what he uses for. I actually just took a bushnell red dot off my 22 I hunt with, got tired of having to shoot multiple times when the coons were at the very top of the tree in a fork. I wound up just throwing a cheap scope I had laying around on it, may go back to the red dot since its less bulky though.

Old Post 02-20-2021 02:59 PM
KentuckyKid96 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KentuckyKid96 Click here to Send KentuckyKid96 a Private Message Click Here to Email KentuckyKid96 Find more posts by KentuckyKid96 Add KentuckyKid96 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Never used the red dot scope just the laser so I don't know how well they work.

Old Post 02-20-2021 04:58 PM
heckler
UKC Forum Member

I used a Tasco red dot on a rifle for a long time. Cost about $60 and it still works. It is about 15 years old

Old Post 02-21-2021 01:03 PM
heckler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heckler Click here to Send heckler a Private Message Find more posts by heckler Add heckler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I'm a laser sight fan. Shoot 'em from the hip.

Old Post 02-21-2021 03:55 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phil g
UKC Forum Member

What kind do you have shad?

Old Post 02-23-2021 02:59 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by phil g
What kind do you have shad?
It's a cheap one I got on Amazon. I think it's Pitney. Works great.

Old Post 02-24-2021 01:08 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I got a Pitney ( green dot) on Amazon couple years ago. I was excited to use it . couldnt get it to hold Zero maybe i got a bad one? idk but it soured me on lasers ... the cheap ones at least. Maybe the more expensive ones are better ? I went back to a scope .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 02-24-2021 02:30 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote