UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > It's cold
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

It's cold

By Monday the high in NW Arkansas is forecast at 6 and the low -7. That's too cold for Feb 15. For me hunting will have to wait. Oh, also up to a foot of snow with it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-13-2021 01:01 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Your not going to get any sympathy here! 😁

Old Post 02-13-2021 01:05 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Your not going to get any sympathy here! 😁

Lol me neither. Hang in there Tom your grass will be green long before mine.

Old Post 02-13-2021 03:21 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

But us southern boys aren't used to this. Been about 4-5 years since we had any really cold weather.

Old Post 02-13-2021 03:56 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Talk about cold; It's 38 here now and predicted to be 21 Tuesday morning.

Old Post 02-13-2021 04:48 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Talk about cold; It's 38 here now and predicted to be 21 Tuesday morning.

Well I was thinking it was cold the last few mornings being about 0° but was talking with some guys I've worked with in the past that are out in Minnesota working and it was -37° out there without the wind chill. I told them nope its warm here like summertime.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 02-14-2021 03:53 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

-37.....That’s not cold, that’s like Alaska cold! 🥶

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 02-14-2021 01:48 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

-25 here this morning... but it looks like we are through it after today and it starts warming up.

Old Post 02-14-2021 03:11 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Nice here, sun shining -27 this morning hasn't gotten above the 0 mark here in the last week.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-14-2021 03:52 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Predicted to be 17 Tuesday. That's above zero. That would be a warm front for a lot of you, but we're not prepared for that kind of weather. It's not uncommon to mow grass in December and January. I doubt if there will be any mowed on Tuesday. LOL

Old Post 02-14-2021 05:03 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda
UKC Forum Member

When is this global warming thing supposed to start?

Old Post 02-15-2021 01:21 AM
wakenda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda Click here to Send wakenda a Private Message Find more posts by wakenda Add wakenda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

Here in Texas it's gonna be twice as hot tomorrow as today,suppose to get to 15 degrees!!

Old Post 02-15-2021 02:16 AM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

4 degrees here tomorrow. That's the high.

Old Post 02-15-2021 03:02 AM
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

I remember a day in Feb. of 1979 when I was quarrying granite at Wells & Lamson Quarry in Barre, VT. The hole I was working in was 250’ down. When I got out of the man box at the bottom of the hole the thermometer on the outside of our warmup shack read -50°F. We lasted an hour. Couldn’t keep any of our air powered equipment from freezing up so they pulled us out and sent us home.

Old Post 02-15-2021 03:12 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
Nice here, sun shining -27 this morning hasn't gotten above the 0 mark here in the last week.

I've suggested several times you need to fly south for the winter. That is ridiculously cold!
High today was 3. Our houses aren't insulated for this like those up north. Electric company sent out a message to turn off all unnecessary appliances and usage. Basically leave the heat on and turn everything else off. They were having surges and the grid is maxed out. My daughter and brother were both without power for a while this morning.
Do y'all up north leave your faucets dripping all winter? Here those that didn't have frozen pipes and some have anyway.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-15-2021 04:38 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I've suggested several times you need to fly south for the winter. That is ridiculously cold!
High today was 3. Our houses aren't insulated for this like those up north. Electric company sent out a message to turn off all unnecessary appliances and usage. Basically leave the heat on and turn everything else off. They were having surges and the grid is maxed out. My daughter and brother were both without power for a while this morning.
Do y'all up north leave your faucets dripping all winter? Here those that didn't have frozen pipes and some have anyway.

Leaving the water running was more of a thing when I was a kid- still important in trailer houses or older homes... but insulation and construction have improved to the point it is not necessary any longer.

Couple days ago the grid for most of our rural homes lost power for a couple hours- fortunately they got it back up pretty quick. Hats off to those guys out in the sub -20 weather getting the power on! I have a ton of firewood I stock up in the summer- and i burn through a bunch of it in cold spells like this- hate to see my power bill if I didn't.

Old Post 02-15-2021 06:50 AM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

John Kerry has done a good job cooling the planet and didn't take that long

Old Post 02-15-2021 01:16 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerstyleee
UKC Forum Member

It’s that global warming that liberals have you fearing.

GRCH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Rank’s Stylish Rebel
NITECH ‘PR’ Foster’s Stylish Bell

I’ve hunted some good ones....
Only by God’s Grace, do I continue to hunt!

Old Post 02-15-2021 01:45 PM
walkerstyleee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerstyleee Click here to Send walkerstyleee a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerstyleee Find more posts by walkerstyleee Add walkerstyleee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Needs to blow on out of there.. I'm heading to AR towards the weekend.. Need a thaw gents!! LOL..

Been a rough 6 weeks here in Northern, IN and no relief in sight..

Old Post 02-15-2021 02:28 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia

Electrical heat tape.

Old Post 02-15-2021 03:02 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

15 degrees with the wind blowing

Old Post 02-16-2021 06:19 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2ol2hunt
15 degrees with the wind blowing

Look at the bright side, once our body gets acclimated to 15, 30 will feel great. 15 feels warm here now

Old Post 02-16-2021 06:47 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Now I know why the robins came this far south...they just didn’t go far enough south...

Well my guess is the chemical plants around here are shutdown...I saw the big flare lighting up the night sky when that big unit went down...

Everything is shutdown in the area...no food or gas to be bought...supposed to be working from home but laptop ran out of juice and internet is down including phones (AT&T service)...I also have Verizon and that is working on iPad...

Got pretty cold in the house last two nights...

I got 7 dogs living in the insulated double garage...all in separate wire cages...that is a job coordinating exercise, food intake and watering...luckily it doesn’t happen often around here...the dogs usually spend 8 or ten nights per winter in the garage...

Last time it got this cold was 1989...got down to 7 degrees...that is cold for the deep southeast Texas...the power grid was not shutdown then...I think overpopulation and power grid providers cat keep up with the new user’s...seems we’re following in California footsteps here in Texas...no...it’s not a good thing...

They are saying one more day with power grid off...so I drug that generator out and put some gas in it and fired right up...have portable heater running in my cave...doesn’t seem to be helping much...

I hear another big cold front is coming in tomorrow...

Old Post 02-16-2021 08:22 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

-20 here this morning when I got up in SW Mo gotta be a record for here. It's up to 15 right now and I took my coat off still have on insulated overalls and a sweatshirt, feels like a heat wave! Several more inches if snow in the way tonight and into tomorrow. 40's and 50's predicted for next week lol yea!!!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-16-2021 08:52 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Back in the early 1990’s someone from Battle Creek Michigan called and asked if I could take him on a hog hunt...I had bought an Airedale pup from him in the past...so I said sure and we made the plans...he said he was writing a book on utility Airedale’s...he was making a big loop around the USA making different type hunts and taking pictures for the book...

He came down and unpacked...he put on a light wind breaker for the hunt because 42 degrees in Michigan is T-shirt weather...I tried to tell him to bundle up but he said it was fine I thought living up north people must be acclimated ...that night we got on a running hog that until then no one had caught I found out later...i said it had to be a big boar but the owner of the ranch said it was a big red sow...well about 3 or 4 hours later the dogs caught it and it was the big red sow...she looked like a boar without the 3 inch ivory...that’s when I found out no one had been able to catch her...talking about being fooled...I was thinking big boar the whole time...

But the reason for this story...it dropped down to about 38 and it was cold just standing there listening to the dogs making those loops...my buddy from Battle Creek Michigan said he ain’t never been that cold in his life...

When the humidity is high and the wind is blowing even gently it can feel real cold down here along the coast...
Some folks say it’s a different kind of cold...
But I’ll take these temps down here over those from up north...
Summertime gets ugly hot down here...

Last edited by Reuben on 02-16-2021 at 09:53 PM

Old Post 02-16-2021 09:47 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote