UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Boots
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Boots

Do any venders carry the hip waders attached to a pair of leather boots like Valley Creek use too?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-28-2021 09:44 PM
Adam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Davis Click here to Send Adam Davis a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Davis Add Adam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

If you send us a leather boot we are still chapping them at valley creek..Thanks!

Old Post 01-29-2021 01:09 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Leather/cordura boot

quote:
Originally posted by John B.Dalton
If you send us a leather boot we are still chapping them at valley creek..Thanks!

I wish someone would start putting chap a good GORE-TEX
boot. The problem is there isn’t many options in a leather gore-tex boot with a good lug sole.
The danner boot that kelly lights sell is junk. When you buy a boot and they tell you to spray them down with camp dry every now and then, that’s a problem.... I hunt with a guy that has a few pair of these and his feet stay wet.
I sent the amish a pair of cordura rocky cornstalkers with gore-tex last year. Ended up sending them to them twice and they still leak. They boots are awesome. They leak where the chaps are sewn on. After $30 worth of flex seal in the back yard I can now cross a narrow creek over my knees and not get my ankles wet.
Do any of you people in the business have good success putting the chaps on the cordura boots? I have another new in box pair I would love chaps on.
I hate most of these new style boots. A good lug sole gore-Tex Wellington with chaps on them is the only way to go.
I think the market is wide open for someone to come up with a boot/chap combo like this.

Old Post 01-29-2021 02:21 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Davis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
thank's I will give you a call

Old Post 01-29-2021 08:37 PM
Adam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Davis Click here to Send Adam Davis a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Davis Add Adam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Boots

I put clear silicone bead on stitching line and spread it out about 1 inch each side to fix leaks on boots

Old Post 01-30-2021 02:09 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Re: Leather/cordura boot

quote:
Originally posted by GCH Viper
I wish someone would start putting chap a good GORE-TEX
boot. The problem is there isn’t many options in a leather gore-tex boot with a good lug sole.
The danner boot that kelly lights sell is junk. When you buy a boot and they tell you to spray them down with camp dry every now and then, that’s a problem.... I hunt with a guy that has a few pair of these and his feet stay wet.
I sent the amish a pair of cordura rocky cornstalkers with gore-tex last year. Ended up sending them to them twice and they still leak. They boots are awesome. They leak where the chaps are sewn on. After $30 worth of flex seal in the back yard I can now cross a narrow creek over my knees and not get my ankles wet.
Do any of you people in the business have good success putting the chaps on the cordura boots? I have another new in box pair I would love chaps on.
I hate most of these new style boots. A good lug sole gore-Tex Wellington with chaps on them is the only way to go.
I think the market is wide open for someone to come up with a boot/chap combo like this.

Would love to say yes but not much of a b.s type person..We have sewn quite a few pair of wellingtons over the last few years..100 percent is success is not likely..I Wear a pair of muck wellingtons now that have been decent but our sport is probably the hardest sport on any type of boot..Had a buddy guide and judge last weekend and walked 22 miles in the casts he was on and honestly his boots will not last as long as a fellow that might walk a mile a night..Constant pulling the boot on and off also ,rolling chap up and down put strains on the glue we all of use..Great thing today though the customer can reglue and help longetivity of use..Usually the first thing I hear was the way wick did it ... I was in business then,have some of his old adds and sold alot of his products against him at the first event he ever set up..All of us would like to have access to some of the old materials but Im afraid that is not going to happen..All of this is a long story but the short version is we go to lengths to make our products the best possible..We will continue to do a few pair but in my 35 years of business if you wear a boot like that every night in the swamps of south carolina or the deep south they just dont hold up..I squirrel hunt in mine dont hestitate to cross creeks ankle to knee deep and can live with mine

Old Post 01-30-2021 02:20 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Leather/cordura boot

quote:
Would love to say yes but not much of a b.s type person..We have sewn quite a few pair of wellingtons over the last few years..100 percent is success is not likely..I Wear a pair of muck wellingtons now that have been decent but our sport is probably the hardest sport on any type of boot..Had a buddy guide and judge last weekend and walked 22 miles in the casts he was on and honestly his boots will not last as long as a fellow that might walk a mile a night..Constant pulling the boot on and off also ,rolling chap up and down put strains on the glue we all of use..Great thing today though the customer can reglue and help longetivity of use..Usually the first thing I hear was the way wick did it ... I was in business then,have some of his old adds and sold alot of his products against him at the first event he ever set up..All of us would like to have access to some of the old materials but Im afraid that is not going to happen..All of this is a long story but the short version is we go to lengths to make our products the best possible..We will continue to do a few pair but in my 35 years of business if you wear a boot like that every night in the swamps of south carolina or the deep south they just dont hold up..I squirrel hunt in mine dont hestitate to cross creeks ankle to knee deep and can live with mine

Thanks for the reply. I may send you a pair sometime. I would rather deal with some dampness here and there and keep running the Wellington type boot.
I will say it seems the chap seals better to a leather boot rather than the cordura.
I have a pair of red-wing pecos with gore-Tex I had chaps put on and you can stand hip deep in them and they won’t leak. Problem is they are very slick to walk in.
I can’t find a leather gore-Tex Wellington on the market with a lug sole. That’s why I turned to the cornstalker.
I like the look of the danner boot but if it not gore-Tex I don’t but it most of the time.
Thanks.

Old Post 01-30-2021 03:37 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Leather/cordura boot

quote:

I love your honesty sir. Thank you for your reply.

Old Post 01-30-2021 04:04 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote