UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Joy dog food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Levi1990
New UKC Forum Member

Joy dog food

What's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it a decent food?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2021 11:34 PM
Levi1990 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Levi1990 Click here to Send Levi1990 a Private Message Click Here to Email Levi1990 Find more posts by Levi1990 Add Levi1990 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joy dog food

quote:
Originally posted by Levi1990
What's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it a decent food?

The Joy food of the old days is long gone. The Joy dog food of present day is basically Hi Standard with a different name on the bag. You can search Hi Standard on here and find a lot more feedback.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-25-2021 01:19 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Joy

The old feed mill here in Oakdale, Pa. is long gone. They sold out in 1990 I think.. The grandson of the original owner is still involved with it. I talked to him on Facebook a few months back. He claims there is one formula the same as in the past.

Old Post 02-25-2021 10:25 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joy

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Valentino
The old feed mill here in Oakdale, Pa. is long gone. They sold out in 1990 I think.. The grandson of the original owner is still involved with it. I talked to him on Facebook a few months back. He claims there is one formula the same as in the past.

Compare the ingredients & different mixes (%protein/fat) of Hi Standard vs. Joy. From what I saw, they are identical & manufactured at the same Company/address. I fed Joy years ago & was not impressed with the mix I fed at that time. I have heard a good amount of positive feedback on Hi Standard though.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-26-2021 12:47 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote