UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Not Wanting to Judge
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

Not Wanting to Judge

Anyone else have problems with guys refusing to judge and then arguing the entire hunt about the rules? Cracks me up the whole time!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2021 02:47 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I love it when no one in a cast will be the judge. They all say that they can't judge. But if you say that you will, the first time you make a call they want to question it. They claim that they don't know the rules until you make a call and then all of a sudden they know them well enough to argue. The only problem is they were right, they don't know the rules.

Old Post 02-25-2021 12:39 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LeRoy Sawyer
UKC Forum Member

Judging

In my hunting life, I grew to despise this situation! I really hunt because I enjoy getting out with my dogs. Competition hunting seems to bring the worst out in some people and they make up stuff as they go to see if you will buy into it. Seems like they feel that if they judge, cant make up that garbage.

Marshall, NC
Home of:
NiteCh GRCH PR Sawyer's Deep Cove Speck (Deceased)
GRCH PR Curtis's Deep Cove Dixie
GRNiteCh GRCH PR Jenkins Deep Cove Tucker
CH Sawyers Deep Cove Sadie
NiteCh GrCH Sawyer's Deep Cove Blazer (deceased)
NiteCH Sawyer's Deep Cove Lovely
GRNTCH GRCH Jenkins Deep Cove Trudy (deceased)
GRCH Sawyer's Deep Cove Chief

Old Post 02-26-2021 09:18 PM
LeRoy Sawyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LeRoy Sawyer Click here to Send LeRoy Sawyer a Private Message Find more posts by LeRoy Sawyer Add LeRoy Sawyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

judging

I would love to go to a hunt and not have to judge. I have gotten to the point where once in awhile I will drive hours away just so I can go out and enjoy a hunt and let someone else have the responsibility for once. Sometimes it's nice to slide in somewhere and just hunt, just relax and enjoy a good old comp. hunt. Coon huntin is my peace, my place to get away from having to make every decision, having everyone bent out of shape for one reason or another. To get away from a city full of people that want to B!$%h about something... More times than not though I end up with a pen and paper... I don't mind and glad to do my part and in all my years of judging,I very seldom had any issues or only 1 or 2 questions in my 30+ years of comp huntin. It is easier to carry the card most times and ensure a good hunt than gamble on a bad one.... BUT every once in awhile it's nice to just get away and enjoy the moment. So It's a double edge sword. If you want to judge step up to the plate, know the rules, once more for the people in the back know the rules , remember which #KC you're hunting in and do a good job being fair and honest while you judge. If you choose not to carry the card let the judge do his or her job, If you have a question, ask it. If you do not agree with the answer and the BACK OF THE CARD does not explain it, simply put a question mark on the card in the time alotted and let the master of hounds clarify it for ya.

Old Post 02-26-2021 10:00 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

Every time!! I havent been to a hunt in a couple years but i ended up judging and at least one would argue anything

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 02-26-2021 10:58 PM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grass run engli
UKC Forum Member

I do not like to judge. I'd prefer to not have the responsibility. I'm relatively new to the comp game and don't want to effect anyone in a negative fashion with a bad call. As far as not wanting to judge then having to inform the judge of the rules this happened last night. He didn't realize tree time had changed. Just because I knew that doesn't make me fit to judge. Iv been in some great cast this year. Mississippi indiana and ohio. Everyone has been top notch but I still don't feel comfortable to judge.

Old Post 02-27-2021 03:22 PM
Grass run engli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grass run engli Click here to Send Grass run engli a Private Message Find more posts by Grass run engli Add Grass run engli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Everyone should have to carry the scorecard every 4 casts period even if you are new just because you carry the scorecard doesn't mean other hunters in the cast shouldn't help you after all you are just the time keeper and writing down scores all cast members can and should have there say in case of a question and finally anyone who won't judge should stay home and not participate

Last edited by wart on 02-27-2021 at 03:57 PM

Old Post 02-27-2021 03:54 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rudedog
UKC Forum Member

judging

I'm mid 60 a have comp.hunted from my mid teens when you needed a nohunting judge for ntch cast. I would rather judge iv never had a problem that couldn't be worked out sometimes by master of hounds or hunt director not everyone's going to be happy but that's the game. know the rules. study the rules. Read the adviser. Have fun. I will say I like the hunt director format better most (not all) master of hounds are my age and don't hunt the hunts anymore and are still tiring to use rules from the 80s have to edacate them. like said know the rules.....study the rules....and rember its a sport like any sport you will have that 10% but thers always another hunt. .....

Old Post 02-27-2021 03:59 PM
rudedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rudedog Click here to Send rudedog a Private Message Find more posts by rudedog Add rudedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

This situation has always cracked me up as well.. The last hunt I was in I stopped everyone and said would anyone like to judge??. Everyone said heck no you will do a fine job.. I told them that I didnt want to hear a bunch of complaining about my calls.. They said no problem! 12 minutes into cast I made a call and things got so hairy we had master of hounds on the phone lol!! Never fails!!

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook
Treacle Creek Kennels And Hunting Supply
https://treaclecreekhuntingsupply.com

Old Post 02-27-2021 04:47 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grass run engli
UKC Forum Member

Doug adams that's because your associated with guys like Chuck Adkins 🤣🤣🤣. Just kidding

Old Post 02-28-2021 01:03 AM
Grass run engli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grass run engli Click here to Send Grass run engli a Private Message Find more posts by Grass run engli Add Grass run engli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Grass run engli
Doug adams that's because your associated with guys like Chuck Adkins 🤣🤣🤣. Just kidding

Lol!! Yeah it puts a target on my back lol

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook

Old Post 02-28-2021 02:55 PM
Doug__Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug__Adams Click here to Send Doug__Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug__Adams Find more posts by Doug__Adams Add Doug__Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grass run engli
UKC Forum Member

I saw him post about you supply company. The used equipment is priced right!

Old Post 02-28-2021 04:48 PM
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Doug__Adams
Lol!! Yeah it puts a target on my back lol

Is that why they all give me a hard time LOL!!

Old Post 03-01-2021 01:13 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Grass run engli
I saw him post about you supply company. The used equipment is priced right!

Thanks! We try to be as fair as we can on it.

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook

Old Post 03-02-2021 03:47 AM
Doug__Adams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
Is that why they all give me a hard time LOL!!

LOL! I’d say it is!

Call/text anytime!

Check us out on Facebook

Old Post 03-02-2021 03:49 AM
scottmtfarm
UKC Forum Member

I though the MOH appointed the judge. Is that not the case? Its been a while since I hunted comp.

Old Post 03-02-2021 01:12 PM
scottmtfarm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scottmtfarm Click here to Send scottmtfarm a Private Message Click Here to Email scottmtfarm Find more posts by scottmtfarm Add scottmtfarm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

Depends on the MOH. Half the time the person they hand it to says they don't want to judge. Some just tells the 1st cast member that walks up is the judge and hands them the card.

Old Post 03-05-2021 12:35 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote