UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Tree Griping Joe
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Luvmyhorse
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Briar
Facinating that there are so few pups out of this dog. I have NEVER heard a bad word said about him and on this board, that is nothing short of amazing.

Come on guys with good females. Let Joe help you out.

Tree Grippin Joe is probably the most under rated stud dog available to the public. Ronnie does not advertise Joe and that is more than likely the biggest reason he isn't used more. This dog is the complete package. He is a Grand Nite Champion, a PKC Gold Champion with winnings somewhere around $16,000, qualified for the AKC nationals this year and is making the trip down to hunt in them next week. He is reproducing coondogs, and.... the owner is also the breeder and a great guy to boot. Joe is a dog, and has his bad nights the same as any other dog, but night in and night out, he is about as consistent a coondog that has ever drawn a breath.

Oakridge Treeing Walkers and Newlin Quarter Horses
www.oakridgecoonhounds.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2007 05:42 PM
Luvmyhorse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luvmyhorse Click here to Send Luvmyhorse a Private Message Click Here to Email Luvmyhorse Visit Luvmyhorse's homepage! Find more posts by Luvmyhorse Add Luvmyhorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwils
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Luvmyhorse
Tree Grippin Joe is probably the most under rated stud dog available to the public. Ronnie does not advertise Joe and that is more than likely the biggest reason he isn't used more. This dog is the complete package. He is a Grand Nite Champion, a PKC Gold Champion with winnings somewhere around $16,000, qualified for the AKC nationals this year and is making the trip down to hunt in them next week. He is reproducing coondogs, and.... the owner is also the breeder and a great guy to boot. Joe is a dog, and has his bad nights the same as any other dog, but night in and night out, he is about as consistent a coondog that has ever drawn a breath.

his dad- thunder was like that -- i only hunted with him but one time but my dad said he was the same evry night- looked like a million bucks one night and then the next then.....................

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Old Post 02-06-2007 05:45 PM
Dwils is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwils Click here to Send Dwils a Private Message Click Here to Email Dwils Find more posts by Dwils Add Dwils to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Forest
What kind of mouth does he have?

and more importantly, what kind of mouths does he throw?

He has a decent mouth, not the greatest, but good enough to win nearly every cast, deep and by himself with a coon.

My advice is to make sure that the female that you breed him to can bring as good a mouth, or better, to the breeding pen with her...you would be fine.

Old Post 02-06-2007 05:59 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POUNDER
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-06-2007 08:59 PM
POUNDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POUNDER Click here to Send POUNDER a Private Message Click Here to Email POUNDER Find more posts by POUNDER Add POUNDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliesmith
UKC Forum Member

i have 3 young and nite champ with 3 wins toward grand he just turned 4 in his last 5 hunts he has won 4 i have never hunted him with a mouth that over powered him give me a call any time in any weather and i will show you a coon or a din olie smith 260-562-3264 howe in

Last edited by oliesmith on 02-15-2007 at 11:20 PM

Old Post 02-06-2007 11:56 PM
oliesmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliesmith Click here to Send oliesmith a Private Message Click Here to Email oliesmith Find more posts by oliesmith Add oliesmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TreeSmokin
UKC Forum Member

Joe has a good mouth that carries very well, it's just not extremely loud. My female is the same way but all the pups seemed to have loud mouths that carried really good.Here is a picture of a male pup out of Joe and my female. Was split treeing at 7 months and was a natural starter, started running a track and treeing the 3rd time in the woods, but was sadly killed at the age of 10 months.

Last edited by TreeSmokin on 02-07-2007 at 01:29 AM

Old Post 02-07-2007 12:18 AM
TreeSmokin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TreeSmokin Click here to Send TreeSmokin a Private Message Click Here to Email TreeSmokin Visit TreeSmokin's homepage! Find more posts by TreeSmokin Add TreeSmokin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliesmith
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-11-2007 04:19 PM
oliesmith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliesmith Click here to Send oliesmith a Private Message Click Here to Email oliesmith Find more posts by oliesmith Add oliesmith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr Massey
New UKC Forum Member

Wally,you making plans to breed our pup??

Old Post 02-11-2007 06:37 PM
Mr Massey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Massey Click here to Send Mr Massey a Private Message Click Here to Email Mr Massey Find more posts by Mr Massey Add Mr Massey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Martin
UKC Forum Member

How Many Do You Want Mr Massey

Old Post 02-12-2007 12:36 PM
Wally Martin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Martin Click here to Send Wally Martin a Private Message Click Here to Email Wally Martin Find more posts by Wally Martin Add Wally Martin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

btt:

Old Post 02-13-2007 09:26 PM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkercash
UKC Forum Member

Are people buying his pups though? Being almost unknown has to be hard to get rid of the pups doesn't it?

Whitey Dogs ROCK!!!
I use and recommend Kelley's K-Lights.

Old Post 02-13-2007 10:04 PM
walkercash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkercash Click here to Send walkercash a Private Message Click Here to Email walkercash Find more posts by walkercash Add walkercash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by walkercash
Are people buying his pups though? Being almost unknown has to be hard to get rid of the pups doesn't it?

Not a worry for those who are simply trying to better the breed. If I had a good female and knew of a stud that I believed was going to better my breed, I would rather give the pups away and breed to what I believed in than worry about whether or not I am going to be able to sell them and break even......JMO.

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 02-13-2007 10:16 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM

Joe is a long way from being "almost unknown". The dog placed 2nd in his first prohunt and won the second prohunt he entered. He has made the later rounds of several world hunts. That dog is very well known amongst the higher level of money hunters. Getting rid of his pups is prolly the least of worries, getting one would be another matter.

Old Post 02-13-2007 11:21 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliesmith
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-14-2007 01:49 AM
Joey Dunn
UKC Forum Member

Jim

Well said Jim.

The Late
2010 PKC Va.State Ch.
PKC Ch. Dual Gr. Ch. Bionic Bill
Wipeout Gas
Bionic Trudy

Old Post 02-14-2007 01:37 PM
Joey Dunn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joey Dunn Click here to Send Joey Dunn a Private Message Click Here to Email Joey Dunn Find more posts by Joey Dunn Add Joey Dunn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by walkercash

I've never seen a pup for sale..... Which tells me that there is not a "glut" of pups.

I raised a litter of pups out of him, and had more pups sold than what were born, most of the folks that booked pups were hard core hunters....the type that know a dog, that know what a dog should do, and know how a dog is re-producing.

If more people would concern themselves with how a dog is reproducing, and what the capabilities the dog is passing on, instead of how much they can get for a pup.....we would all be better off.

If you want a pup to replace the one your hunting now, breed to Joe...if you are looking to "get rich quick"...go to TN or OK and breed to a "popular stud".

Old Post 02-14-2007 04:49 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

Would like to here from more That know Joe & his pups

Old Post 02-15-2007 07:32 PM
cliff mullenax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cliff mullenax Click here to Send cliff mullenax a Private Message Find more posts by cliff mullenax Add cliff mullenax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliesmith
UKC Forum Member

tree gripping joe

check the treeing walker look under johnnie conley and young dogs out of joe i have a house bred female should have pups around the 5 march this is the second cross all the last litter was sold when borned big mouth and lots of color pic of one treeing a cage coon at 4 month old sold 2 in ky larry henson he called and said they treed first night in woods at 5 months old call for more info on joe olie smith 260- 562-3264 cell 931-332-6448 have 4 dogs out of joe with a ntch with 3 wins the other a year or yonger i have been hunting for 40 years this is the first gyp i ever had bred thats how well i like joe

Last edited by oliesmith on 02-16-2007 at 03:35 PM

Old Post 02-15-2007 11:41 PM
oliesmith
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 02-19-2007 03:36 PM
Nat Thomas
Banned

He is all coondog. As close to 100% accurate as a dog can be and throws winners.

Old Post 02-19-2007 05:38 PM
Nat Thomas is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nat Thomas Click here to Send Nat Thomas a Private Message Click Here to Email Nat Thomas Find more posts by Nat Thomas Add Nat Thomas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

are those photos a good representation of how he actually trees?

Old Post 02-20-2007 12:02 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luvmyhorse
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TreeSmokin
Here's a few pictures I took of Joe treed sorry about the glare on his face, I left my light on.

Forest,
This is how he has always treed when I've hunted with him. Right up on it blowing the top out.

Oakridge Treeing Walkers and Newlin Quarter Horses
www.oakridgecoonhounds.com

Old Post 02-20-2007 02:50 AM
Luvmyhorse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luvmyhorse Click here to Send Luvmyhorse a Private Message Click Here to Email Luvmyhorse Visit Luvmyhorse's homepage! Find more posts by Luvmyhorse Add Luvmyhorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john r. kincaid
UKC Forum Member

Oak Ridge, that is about the smartest statement I've seen posted on here in a while, good job!

Old Post 02-20-2007 06:38 AM
john r. kincaid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for john r. kincaid Click here to Send john r. kincaid a Private Message Click Here to Email john r. kincaid Find more posts by john r. kincaid Add john r. kincaid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cliff mullenax
UKC Forum Member

I realy like those pic's of him treeing. I am getting real interested in this joe dog. Sounds like he is coondog first / comp dog 2nd. & I like that. Olie what county is Howe In. Located in. I need it for Map Quest. Thanks.

Old Post 02-20-2007 12:39 PM
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

HOWE IN. --IS IN LAGRANGE COUNTY just a cross the state line from STURGIS,MI.

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 02-20-2007 01:44 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote