UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Best Line Bred "old" blooded Stud in USA
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

spring creek rock blood

being brought back into mainstream breeding. Hey guys you need to do your homework before you make that next cross.

After a few years of breeding to this current line of stud dogs being thrown at you month after month and getting thousands of pups on the ground. Look at the 1 year to 2 year old young dogs out of these super studs and they are back up for sale at a discount rate and more than that.....read what is being said...
1. will go with other dogs
2. hasnt been hunted much
3. Hasnt been given a chance
3. makes some trees
4. will tree an easy coon
and on and on it goes....and these are dogs that were being sold as $400-$1,000. weaning age pups.

This is insanity at the very least and what it is doing is watering down the walker breed. We should take breeding very seriously and I would dare say that 90% of the studs in todays market cant reproduce themself. I talk to lots of coonhunters and hear story after story how dogs are being made gr. nt ch.'s all day long that they cant figure out how they do it. I know of one personally that cost over $ 2,000. at weaning age and is going to make gr. nt ch before she is 3 years old and cast after cast her handler is doing everything within his power to get dogs kicked out of casts, claiming he's seeing coons that clearly arent there and will flat out bully his way over young judges and make her a titled dog and will probably breed her to some big time big dollar stud and they will produce worthless pups that many of you will buy.

I believe drifter has the bloodline and the coon treeing ability and DNA to put reproducing pups on the ground that can run a cold track, run it to catch, and be accurate. he wasnt drug around and cheated into his title. I have heard from men who went on casts with him and have hunted with him many nites and they all say the same thing. He trees coons not trees and looks good doing it.

I just happen to like the spring creek blood line and think it is the best blood you can add to your kennel and keep us all in good hounds for years to come. give him a shot.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-06-2014 02:53 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EFranks
UKC Forum Member

you

Mr cripple creek. ....speak the truth

Old Post 09-06-2014 03:16 AM
EFranks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EFranks Click here to Send EFranks a Private Message Click Here to Email EFranks Find more posts by EFranks Add EFranks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EFranks
UKC Forum Member

cripple creek

How far you live from iuka?

Old Post 09-06-2014 03:24 AM
EFranks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EFranks Click here to Send EFranks a Private Message Click Here to Email EFranks Find more posts by EFranks Add EFranks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

you gonna be over that way sometime soon?

or you going back? I am not that far at all. got family there.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 09-06-2014 05:06 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TINK
UKC Forum Member

I agree seen bullying done these night hunts have made these dogs weak I think by weak I mean not complete dog from cold tack to jump to tree with coon

Old Post 09-10-2014 03:38 PM
TINK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TINK Click here to Send TINK a Private Message Find more posts by TINK Add TINK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Tink...you are right on the mark.

thats what I have been harping on for years now.

Old Post 09-11-2014 03:56 AM
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

smart pups

i picked up 2 of these pups at AO one for myself and one for a friend, both of them are very smart acting and do not care that they are alone no whyning of crying because they are alone, the first time i washed my kennels out i sprayed water in her kennel and said get in your house and she went, now i just tell her to go to her house and she does and just sets and watches me, you can just tell they have somting between the ears .

gone but will never be forgotten

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Maggie o/h
NTCH PR Buck Brush Little Mickey o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
D NTCH PR Crooked Oak Boss o/h
D NtCH PR Alford's Alibi h
NTCH PR Alford's Hatchet h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 09-11-2014 05:23 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EFranks
UKC Forum Member

skip

There's more things you gonna like...give em about 6 more months

Old Post 09-11-2014 05:35 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Awesome to hear skip

I have been breeding the same stock of dogs for a long time and they go back to a cross I made on spring Creek Radar who is in these pups pedigree about 10 times.

I breed for intelligence first and foremost. If you have that, I personally believe you can train a dog and get it where you want it. Thats why I have personally stuck with this line of hounds. I believe and have heard from others that drifter is a highly intelligent hound. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Please keep us posted on these pups. I believe they are going to be something special as they get older.

Old Post 09-11-2014 07:46 PM
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

the Boss dog and Maggie dog that i use to have had a lot of this same blood in them and they where 2 of the best dogs i have ever owend, ( plane are to cross this pup back into the Coma blood down the road)

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 09-11-2014 07:59 PM
buck brush is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buck brush Click here to Send buck brush a Private Message Click Here to Email buck brush Find more posts by buck brush Add buck brush to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

yea...I have talked to several guys that

have owned some of this stock and almost 100% of them said that the dogs they owned were once in a lifetime hounds.

I knew when I saw this pedigree and started making some calls that I was on the right track. I believe that Dennis has a tremendously bred hound. I think time will prove me right.

You cant have a pedigree this loaded up with coondogs and all reproducers of coondogs and not throw good pups. The perfection of line breeding in this cross still boggles my mind.

Old Post 09-12-2014 02:15 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

POOR BOYS SID>>>>>>>>

"The man" behind the poor boys strain that helped kick start this pedigree of DRIFTER.....

...........................Dual Gr. ch. Spring Creek Rock
..................Dual Gr. ch. Stinsons Spring Creek Radar
..........................Stinsons Angel ( Gr. daughter to F.R. Dan)
......Gr. nt. ch. Black River Mike
...........................congaree Bill
......................Nt. ch. ch. Grimes Banjo Rosie
.............................Youngs Rosie II

Gr. Nt. ch. Poor Boys Sid

............................Gr. Nt. ch. Mears Finley River Dan
.......................Gr. Nt. ch. Finley River Dan Jr.
............................Simmons Banjo Babe
..........Nt. ch. Ch. Ellis Sundown Go Go
..............................Gr. Nt. ch. Iowa river Bo
.......................Dual Gr. ch. Daniels Big Dot
...............................Gr. Nt. ch. ch. Lightning White Flash

old pic of Sid coming later....

Many that hunted with Sid said he was one of the best they ever hunted....many that hunted with his son Chainsaw said he was the best they ever hunted.....sons and daughters of chainsaw many that owned them said they were the best they ever hunted.

This is DNA reproduction. It is still flowing through Drifters veins.

You would have to get semen off an old dog to get the blood that is fresh and alive today in Drifter.

Old Post 09-12-2014 03:37 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

guys you need to get in line on pups

and breeding to DRIFTER......
I have heard that some very big name females are being booked to breed to Drifter. Also heard from a pup from the first litter off of him that ran and treed the second night in the woods and did in style with a mouth like a monster.
Drifter is a dominant DNA reproducer. He is what I call a pre-dominant stud. which means he can reproduce no matter what line of female you breed to him.

If you see a major female being bred to him, I would book a pup. These pups are showing to be super intelligent, athletic, and very very loud.

Old Post 09-17-2014 01:55 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Old Post 09-21-2014 08:33 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Hey guys...I am hearing freakish

responses on the first pups by drifter that are 9 months old.
I knew he would reproduce. Thats why I chose to help Dennis run this post for his dog.
Dennis is a straight up guy with a coondog who is proving quickly to be an unbelievable natural reproducer of Natural coon treeing ability in young dogs.

I highly recommend you contacting Dennis and breeding those nice females to a real reproducer not a want to be reproducer.

Dennis is in St. Josephs. Mo so you guys in Kansas, Northern Ark and western Mo need to check this dog out. Tremendous mouth and his pups do too.

Old Post 09-22-2014 02:04 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

seeing some great signs from baby

pups off of Drifter....talked to a couple guys that have them and I have a couple here that are very smart and very gamey and they are just about 10 wks old. Will fight a rubber boot for as long as you have the patience to do it. Will not quit. You can not let them out of them pen unless you want to hunt for pups in the woods. I have a big running pen and if and when I let them out, they hit the woods and dont care if I come looking for them or not. Will just plain leave. I have had to go hunt them down twice.
Thats pretty darn good for a baby pup.

Old Post 10-01-2014 03:06 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Dennis will have a real nice colored

ad coming on Drifter in the next week. stay tuned for that.
His pups are turning it on. Even heard about a 10 wk old pup treeing a kitten coon along side an older dog.
there's one from the first litter thats less than ten months old treeing um like a freak of nature.

Old Post 10-02-2014 07:57 PM
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

Re: seeing some great signs from baby

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
pups off of Drifter....talked to a couple guys that have them and I have a couple here that are very smart and very gamey and they are just about 10 wks old. Will fight a rubber boot for as long as you have the patience to do it. Will not quit. You can not let them out of them pen unless you want to hunt for pups in the woods. I have a big running pen and if and when I let them out, they hit the woods and dont care if I come looking for them or not. Will just plain leave. I have had to go hunt them down twice.
Thats pretty darn good for a baby pup.

i have one of the same cross and she is the same way, the other one that i took i gave to a friend of mine and he called me today and said that he has a big fenced in place around his kennels and that is where he lets his pup run last night he has another young male that is in the kennel and it started to tree, he went out there and his little 10 week old pup was standing up on the fence treeing every breath , he said he has a malberry inside this incloser and there was a coon in it that got the other young dog to treeing BUT the little pup was treeing also.

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 10-02-2014 09:30 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

there you go.....

mine will tree an old rubber boot and do it style. You laugh, but that is a good sign. She hasnt pulled yet........
videos to come.....

Old Post 10-02-2014 10:19 PM
buck brush
UKC Forum Member

mine trees my little grangdaughter on he swing set i will try to get a viedo of it. and she has a mouth that you would not believe for a 10 week old puppy.

PR Van Dusen's Hanna o/h
PR Buck Brush Copper o/h
NT CH PR Mill's Dotty h

Old Post 10-02-2014 10:48 PM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

lol I hear you....

pretty darn gritty and bold for little pups. I am telling you if you turn them loose now you will have to get on something that rides to go looking for them. Thats just unreal. I have raised probably over 100 pups in my lifetime and I cant remember any that had that kind of get gone unafraid attitude for baby pups. I have had some after they got 4 or 5 months old that would do that, but not 10 weeks old.
They just dont care if you want to go or not. They are on a mission. I believe when they get about 5 or 6 months old we may have trouble on our hands. haha

I have a trap set now and when I catch a coon we will see what they will do. I heard when the first litter was about that age they sent every cat within miles scattering.

Old Post 10-03-2014 02:10 AM
glen beck
UKC Forum Member

poorboy line

I have a full brother to drifter that i like very much i on the other hand believe poorboys cookie to b the starting point for this line youll find most of the females in the 4tth gen was out of cookie thats the reason i wanted this line to go with some cookie stuff i have

Old Post 10-03-2014 08:08 PM
glen beck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glen beck Click here to Send glen beck a Private Message Click Here to Email glen beck Find more posts by glen beck Add glen beck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

You're right....

I think cookie was the one that started the poor boy name. that cross on Sid set it off.

send me some pics of your dog. have you bred him yet either. You may have some kind of stud on your hand.

Like your name Glen beck and your tv and radio show on Ch 212 on Dish network...You're brilliant............

Old Post 10-05-2014 01:48 AM
Mike black
New UKC Forum Member

Drifter

I have a female out of Dennis's dog she is almost 11 months old and is treeing her own coon were going to get her a nite champ this spring if everything goes good

Old Post 10-05-2014 03:07 AM
Mike black is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike black Click here to Send Mike black a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike black Find more posts by Mike black Add Mike black to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

good job mike...

thats a pretty awesome cross.

Old Post 10-05-2014 04:50 AM