UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bill Boatmen light ?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

Bill Boatmen light ?

Does anyone have a picture of the light Bill used to sell that you had to carry with a shoulder strap , big box light , had a walking light on the front of it and the lens flange glowed in the dark ? I had a red one and a black one when I was in my early teens, was telling my youngest boy how heavy they were after a long walk the other night as he was complaining about his lite laser torch . I know I’m showing my age with post .

Last edited by K Slim on 12-30-2020 at 03:03 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-30-2020 02:42 PM
K Slim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Slim Click here to Send K Slim a Private Message Click Here to Email K Slim Find more posts by K Slim Add K Slim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Is this the one your talking about.

Old Post 12-30-2020 02:52 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Is this the one your talking about.

Mr.Conkey that’s not it. It was a bigger and I guess you would say a more boxier of a light then in this picture, thanks tho

Last edited by K Slim on 12-30-2020 at 04:17 PM

Old Post 12-30-2020 02:59 PM
K Slim is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K Slim Click here to Send K Slim a Private Message Click Here to Email K Slim Find more posts by K Slim Add K Slim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I think he may be talking about the CoonBeam. It was quite a bit bigger. I had one in the early 70's.

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:08 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

I found a picture of it but don’t know how to post it , it was called the coon beam , man looking at the picture of that light brought back a lot of memories!

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:09 PM
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

I had a COONBEAM light in the seventys and at the time it was fantastic.

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:11 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
I had a COONBEAM light in the seventys and at the time it was fantastic.
It was the cats meow back then , I remember how cool I thought I was going to a hunt back in the late 70’s early 80’s as kid with that bad boy hanging from my side , took about all I had by the end of the night to carry the dang thing ,good times ! Man how far the lights have come !

Last edited by K Slim on 12-30-2020 at 03:56 PM

Old Post 12-30-2020 03:17 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I found an old catalog of Bill Boatmans on line in PDF Format. Just select it and click to download it in PDF file. Interesting thing I found was about half way through the catalog I found caskets for sale of your dogs.

https://digital.hagley.org/2317_2_0440#modal-close

Old Post 12-30-2020 05:24 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dholland
UKC Forum Member

I had a Red and White Bill Boatman light called a "DYNOLITE" back in the late 1970's....

Old Post 12-30-2020 05:29 PM
dholland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dholland Click here to Send dholland a Private Message Click Here to Email dholland Find more posts by dholland Add dholland to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 12-30-2020 06:12 PM
jack haughton
UKC Forum Member

Bill Boatman light

I still have my Dyna light and it still works.Bought it Bill Boatmans back in 1976.It uses 6 D cell batteries.Graduated from that to a Kohler Wheat light,still have it but the battery is finished and to expensive to replace.

HOME OF THE BLU MARU BLUETICKS.GR CH Haughtons Genesse Maru.FCH CH Haughtons Jorja .Blu.CH.Ruby Maru.and Blu Poppyhttp://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/genessemaru/101010_ThanksgivingPuppies2010_1163.jpg

Old Post 12-30-2020 06:20 PM
jack haughton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jack haughton Click here to Send jack haughton a Private Message Find more posts by jack haughton Add jack haughton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I had a Coonbeam. Bought it on the payment plan. $8.??/month. It was tough for me to come up with the money. The drain tube on the battery had a hole ate in my overalls.

Old Post 12-30-2020 06:22 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K Slim
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I found an old catalog of Bill Boatmans on line in PDF Format. Just select it and click to download it in PDF file. Interesting thing I found was about half way through the catalog I found caskets for sale of your dogs.

https://digital.hagley.org/2317_2_0440#modal-close

Thanks Bruce .

Old Post 12-30-2020 10:17 PM
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

AS A 15 YR OLD I cropped tobacco and bought hat DYNOLITE I thought I had something then couple years later a friend bought the 4 volt wheatlite then I GOT THE SUNBURST with Metal case and motorcycle battery with spot light WE HAD THE POWER TO LIGHT IT UP Lights have come a long ways

Old Post 01-09-2021 04:52 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote