UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Coronavirus
Pages (45): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

I was sitting here looking at all the different news video clips on this virus and how the biggest and first hit has been in China, suspiciously near a government biological facility and I remembered something. About a few months ago, maybe longer, North Korea sent up a missile and we could not determine details about it. I never heard any more about it. Now most countries of the world have been hit by this nasty virus...except North Korea. Maybe it isn't that they're being hush hush about it. Maybe it's where it came from and was aimed at Wuhan to make it look like China's fault.

*Edited - It looks like NK fired missiles in November and July last year that were unidentified. I don't know how many other times but it makes me wonder.

Last edited by arachyd on 03-06-2020 at 05:21 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2020 01:23 AM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

8 days ago Italy stood pretty close to where we are right now. Hopefully we don't look like Italy does today, in 8 days. JS stock up

Old Post 03-09-2020 08:33 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If the media reported on people dying from diarrhea the way they do Coronavirus, we would all be eating cheese and peanut butter sandwiches.

Old Post 03-10-2020 02:17 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Look up how many people have died this year of the FLU and Pneumonia. No one has called them a pandemic. It is in the tens of thousands

Old Post 03-11-2020 04:14 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Lol

Ebola was supposed to kill us,Mayan Calendar was supposed to kill us, Y2K was supposed to kill us.
More USA citizens will die from Influenza{Flu} than Coronavirus.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 03-11-2020 05:42 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I'm not worried about it. My president told me he has it under control. He also told me it wasn't any worse than the common cold. He also said not to worry because he has ordered 35 million extra face masks from 3m for the next few months. So let's not panic. I went to Wally world today. No toilet paper, no lysol spray or hand sanitizer. Go figure.

Old Post 03-11-2020 07:41 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

Maybe the lack of toilet paper and sanitizer at Wally World is a clever psychological trick to keep people from touching each other and getting too close.

Old Post 03-11-2020 09:48 PM
arachyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arachyd Click here to Send arachyd a Private Message Find more posts by arachyd Add arachyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Corona Virus outbreak is now a pandemic and a lot of people are freaking out. Does anyone even know a single person who has tested positive for it?

Old Post 03-11-2020 10:01 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Yes currently being treated at university of michigan hospital.

Old Post 03-11-2020 10:13 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear that, I hope that they make a quick recovery. According to Google there are 327 million people in the USA and 1,200 have tested positive for Corona Virus. Isn't that 12 people for every 3.27 million?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-11-2020 at 11:04 PM

Old Post 03-11-2020 10:57 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Richard check your stats in 30 days.

Check them again in 60 days

Old Post 03-12-2020 12:24 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Richard check your stats in 30 days.

Check them again in 60 days

Considering only a very few have even been tested and hospitals are just now receiving test kits. Barely over a week ago only 200 had been tested.
It is not the death rate that is frightening to medical staff it is the percentage that they know will require respiratory therapy. The number of people who remain asymptomatic or have minor illnesses is a good thing but is also bad in that they become spreaders. Hospitals are already overwhelmed this time of the year with other illness and there are only so many ventilators to go around much less the very low number of ecmo many hospitals do not even have. Very tough decisions are having to be made in some other countries right now. The best case scenario is that it is drawn out slowly and maybe with summer coming it's spread will dwindle so that our hospitals are not inundated all at once with people all needing respiratory help at one time (requires ICU only so many beds and limited properly trained staff). We can also hope that mutations such as that happened with the h1n1 strain when it came back again in 1919 after it's intial start in 1918, the good we are much more medically advanced than then. Zoonotic disease is very typical of mutations and they suspect this one already has at least once.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-12-2020 01:31 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

I agree Jen. There wasn't a confirmed case in eastern Canada until today.
Just the bare tip of the iceberg. ...baton down the hatches!

Old Post 03-12-2020 01:45 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arachyd
UKC Forum Member

This site posts regular updates 24/7 and gives a lot of information on now many cases, how severe and where they are occurring. If you scroll all the way down there is a running commentary on the updates.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Old Post 03-12-2020 07:06 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Wonder if Biden thinks it's racist that Trump put a European travel ban in effect. I assume he does since he said China travel ban was racist. Wouldn't you hate to have a libtard President right now?

Old Post 03-12-2020 01:59 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.....
I can still remember when everyone started digging holes and building fallout shelters in their backyards.
A couple of state governors have already called up their National Guard troops. I wonder how long it will be before they declare martial law? Pretty soon you will be put in jail for holding or shaking hands in public. Oh my goodness, what about the people crammed in jails? Will they all be turned loose?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 03-12-2020 at 02:16 PM

Old Post 03-12-2020 02:01 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I believe that the Covid 19 virus is a terrible thing and even 1 death is awful but to put it into perspective..... By this morning 32 people out of the 325 million in the USA have died from the virus. That is 3 out of every 32 million. And 28,000 people die from cancer every day.

Old Post 03-12-2020 05:48 PM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Just in from a friend in southern ohio. Schools closed for 3 weeks starting monday and the local Wally world is letting in only 30 people at a time. What the heck?

Old Post 03-12-2020 10:46 PM
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

C-virus

This crap is being blown way out of proportion. The seasonal flu virus kills around 27,000 people in America every year on average. This is another sad attempt by our idiotic Democrats to get Donald Trump out of office. There has only been 35 deaths in our country since this crap hit the fan. Rob Gregory

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 03-12-2020 10:55 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: C-virus

quote:
Originally posted by robgregory
This crap is being blown way out of proportion. The seasonal flu virus kills around 27,000 people in America every year on average. This is another sad attempt by our idiotic Democrats to get Donald Trump out of office. There has only been 35 deaths in our country since this crap hit the fan. Rob Gregory

Actually flu deaths (all various strains) and pneumonia deaths are are lumped into one statistic. Pneumonia deaths are way up right now so something is up, we are like mushrooms and kept in the dark. Most hospitals are at max capacity in ICU's.
I will agree with you that the Democrats will never let any crisis go to waist.
We should all maintain a level of preparedness so we can keep calm and hunt on lol!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 03-12-2020 11:30 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Corona Virus outbreak is now a pandemic and a lot of people are freaking out. Does anyone even know a single person who has tested positive for it?

My niece is quarantined, test should come back tomorrow

Old Post 03-13-2020 12:08 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Italy

Here's what I saw from Italy re: Coronavirus.

Confirmed Cases = 15,113
Deaths = 1,016
Recoveries = 1,258
Active = 12,839

I'm sure these numbers are constantly changing, but it's kind of shocking to see the number of deaths so close to the number of recoveries.

It's best to listen to the medical experts on this.

NBA = Shut down. NHL = Shut down. NCAA March Madness = Shutdown. MLB = Shut down. MLS = Shut down. Colleges = Shut down. Public Schools = Shutting down. Spring Sports are being delayed or cancelled (my daughters softball trip to Florida cancelled, with possibility of season being cancelled).

If it doesn't turn out really bad, it won't be because it was blown out of proportion. It will be because tremendous efforts were made to limit the damage!!!

Old Post 03-13-2020 03:48 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Italy

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Here's what I saw from Italy re: Coronavirus.

Confirmed Cases = 15,113
Deaths = 1,016
Recoveries = 1,258
Active = 12,839

I'm sure these numbers are constantly changing, but it's kind of shocking to see the number of deaths so close to the number of recoveries.

It's best to listen to the medical experts on this.

NBA = Shut down. NHL = Shut down. NCAA March Madness = Shutdown. MLB = Shut down. MLS = Shut down. Colleges = Shut down. Public Schools = Shutting down. Spring Sports are being delayed or cancelled (my daughters softball trip to Florida cancelled, with possibility of season being cancelled).

If it doesn't turn out really bad, it won't be because it was blown out of proportion. It will be because tremendous efforts were made to limit the damage!!!

The main goal is to not have a high peak of cases all at once. Think of a graph with a high mountain as opposed to a long slope. A slope would have numbers that medical facilities can handle much better than overwhelming facilities all at once. This is why we are seeing all these shutdowns and closures. It is not to stop it it is to slow the spread.

-

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 03-13-2020 05:42 AM
oklared
UKC Forum Member

Talking

DOES THE RUSSIA HAVE ANY CASES

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 03-13-2020 11:54 AM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jen, my wife said that if I just wear gloves and let her wrap my head up with toilet paper like a mummy when I go out that I can't catch it. Is that true?

Old Post 03-13-2020 02:15 PM