UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > World Champs going Head to Head!!!
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

This is going to be HUGE for the sport of coon hunting!! BIG SHOW PRODUCTIONS will be taking coon hunting to an entire new level for the world to see hound hunting they way it is done!! Hopefully viewers will see this show and share to friends and everyone will see hounds don’t hurt a thing and gain a lot more respect for hound hunters!!

And nothing wrong with my dog box they just like to let you know it is game time! But do to noise complaints they will be left on the side lines till the hunt is over lol

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
CHKC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
STYLISH TRADER
2011 PKC WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-26-2019 03:24 PM
Jed Finley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jed Finley Click here to Send Jed Finley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jed Finley Visit Jed Finley's homepage! Find more posts by Jed Finley Add Jed Finley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Only one thing I been thinking about it will be a two dog cast. It will be in December so the new ukc rules will not be in effect yet. Both sets of rules will be under the leash lock rule. In a two dog cast that could be a tuff pill to swallow.

Tar

There will be no leash lock.

Old Post 11-26-2019 09:07 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
There will be no leash lock.

I am glad.

Tar

Old Post 11-27-2019 12:26 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Happy thanksgiving josh from mine to yours.

Tar

Old Post 11-28-2019 06:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
79cooner
UKC Forum Member

4 dog cast

Just a suggestion for a 4 dog cast, A. C. H. A. World champion, AKC. World champion, UKC world champion and P.K.C. world champion. First 30 minutes Pkc rules, second 30 minutes UKC rules, Third 30 minutes Acha rules and the last 30 minutes AKC rules.just a thought have a happy thanks giving. God bless.

Old Post 11-28-2019 10:53 PM
79cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 79cooner Click here to Send 79cooner a Private Message Find more posts by 79cooner Add 79cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Treedog 247
UKC Forum Member

Hunting these two World Champions against each other doesn’t prove anything, you can take any dog out there and beat either one of them.

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:16 AM
Treedog 247 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treedog 247 Click here to Send Treedog 247 a Private Message Click Here to Email Treedog 247 Find more posts by Treedog 247 Add Treedog 247 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tree dog 247

Are you being serious? You really think just any dog can beat these 2 dogs? Can they be beat? Yes, but it will take a very good dog to best them, both dogs beat the best of the best to win their World Championship, they were not just lucky, they were good. Dave

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:16 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Treedog 247
Hunting these two World Champions against each other doesn’t prove anything, you can take any dog out there and beat either one of them.
I really don't think mine can.

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:46 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I really don't think mine can.

Mine either 😂😂😂

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 11-29-2019 12:02 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Before we had the internet I remember the challenge hunts in the magazine you couldn’t wait to get your book to see if they really did it. There was a plot man he challenged everybody lol. Then when delton challenged mr green poison I would have been the handler for that one lol. And merchant challenged several. This is a good thing never in all my dreams did I ever think one day I would be able to set on my couch with snacks and watch two world champions hunt head to head.

Kinda like when Donnie gay got on Oscar the unridable bull then the movie ended it was several years before we found out he got er done.

Live action man !!

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 11-29-2019 at 12:19 PM

Old Post 11-29-2019 12:16 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Deer season is over and we are back to filming. We will have new episodes every Monday for hopefully 6 weeks.

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:10 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Appreciate what all you're doing Josh! I enjoy the episodes aswell!

Old Post 11-29-2019 03:20 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
Appreciate what all you're doing Josh! I enjoy the episodes aswell!

Thank you. The feedback we have gotten from the show has been fantastic. I never dreamed it would be received so well. We hope to do 8 episodes or more per year. We are having fun doing it and we are in a unique position to be able to film some dogs that most people would not be able to film.

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:06 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Before we had the internet I remember the challenge hunts in the magazine you couldn’t wait to get your book to see if they really did it. There was a plot man he challenged everybody lol. Then when delton challenged mr green poison I would have been the handler for that one lol. And merchant challenged several. This is a good thing never in all my dreams did I ever think one day I would be able to set on my couch with snacks and watch two world champions hunt head to head.

Kinda like when Donnie gay got on Oscar the unridable bull then the movie ended it was several years before we found out he got er done.

Live action man !!

Tar

A bunch did this not that long ago. I don't remember exactly what they called it on Facebook but Judas Bowling started them. There was some where like 20 or so hunts that happened. Most were done live feed. We didn't have to wait until the end of the month to find out who won.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 11-29-2019 04:10 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
A bunch did this not that long ago. I don't remember exactly what they called it on Facebook but Judas Bowling started them. There was some where like 20 or so hunts that happened. Most were done live feed. We didn't have to wait until the end of the month to find out who won.

Live feeds are great. I'm glad people are doing them. But we will not do many if any live feeds during this hunt. Live feeds are usually not the quality of sound and picture we are looking for. We will however try and get the footage condensed and put out there as fast as we can

Old Post 11-29-2019 06:06 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I've got a pretty nice dog and haven't hunted with either of these but I'm pretty sure either on would beat me on a pretty consistent basis. Just look at what they have won.

Old Post 11-29-2019 06:41 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
Live feeds are great. I'm glad people are doing them. But we will not do many if any live feeds during this hunt. Live feeds are usually not the quality of sound and picture we are looking for. We will however try and get the footage condensed and put out there as fast as we can

Yes sir I understand this. My comment was just adding some information to Tar's comment about how some of the older guys used to do grudge matches. So I was just telling him that they still go on but just don't have the write up about them.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-30-2019 01:40 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

So what you're saying is you can beat both with what you're leading on a very consistent basis? Not for nothing but both have proven they can win. And I bet you may be able to beat them but not as often as what you're thinking. I haven't hunted with Bank but what I've heard was he's consistently treed coons, any weather, alone unless he gets backed, and drives a track good, nothing really flashy just extremely nice consistent coon tree'er.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 11-30-2019 01:47 AM
Treedog 247
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
So what you're saying is you can beat both with what you're leading on a very consistent basis? Not for nothing but both have proven they can win. And I bet you may be able to beat them but not as often as what you're thinking. I haven't hunted with Bank but what I've heard was he's consistently treed coons, any weather, alone unless he gets backed, and drives a track good, nothing really flashy just extremely nice consistent coon tree'er.

I never said I could beat any dog and I wouldn’t count on my **** eaters doing anything but what is it going to prove hunting two world champs together??

Old Post 11-30-2019 03:34 AM
Treedog 247 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treedog 247 Click here to Send Treedog 247 a Private Message Click Here to Email Treedog 247 Find more posts by Treedog 247 Add Treedog 247 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Heikki
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I never said I could beat any dog and I wouldn’t count on my **** eaters doing anything but what is it going to prove hunting two world champs together??

I’m not sure there trying to prove anything, they have already proved they both have WORLD CHAMPION HOUNDS!! This will be some good entertainment & a hell of a lot of fun to watch. My question to you is are you gonna watch it?

NtCh Yeager’s Poison Ivy
PKC CH The Midnight Toker
2023 Spring SS Freshman Champion

Old Post 11-30-2019 04:07 AM
Heikki is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Heikki Click here to Send Heikki a Private Message Click Here to Email Heikki Find more posts by Heikki Add Heikki to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Back in the day a dog won the world hunt most times that dog would put a 1000 pups on the ground the first year. Now a dog like that can win more money on the road and not have to set by the phone and wait on stud fees and deal with the public. Those challenge hunts back in the day were to drum up business as most times their owners were all friends.

Ball always said don’t matter if the gossip is good or bad just as long as they are talking about you that makes you money.

Tar

Old Post 11-30-2019 01:55 PM
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

I went to a big blue dog hunt in Pine Bluff in 72 I think. Several of the well known blue dogs were hunted together and a caravan of spectators followed. They wanted everyone to see what they had.

Old Post 11-30-2019 02:12 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I really want to see this 1 hunt...but I am thinking the best of 3 hunts would be better...the first dog that wins two is the winner...

So if each wins one hunt the tie breaker will be an awesome event...

But no matter what it will be awesome...A brilliant idea😎

A

Old Post 11-30-2019 04:15 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Episode 3 is available in a couple of hours on our YouTube channel. Only three more weeks before the big one!

Old Post 12-02-2019 04:11 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Mac
I went to a big blue dog hunt in Pine Bluff in 72 I think. Several of the well known blue dogs were hunted together and a caravan of spectators followed. They wanted everyone to see what they had.

I can remember when they had that stud hunt in Michigan at Giddings place. Although it was primarily TW dogs I think there might have been a few off colored dogs.

Old Post 12-02-2019 06:31 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote