UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What is a good flea medication for my plott?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Remysmom
New UKC Forum Member

What is a good flea medication for my plott?

My plott is almost 3 years and he has always been so skin sensitive and now we just found out he has fleas. Right now he’s on apoquel and a flea tablet that lasts him for a month. Are there good flea medication I could just buy that won’t be harmful to my dog?? I don’t want to give him stuff with chemicals!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:35 PM
Remysmom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Remysmom Click here to Send Remysmom a Private Message Click Here to Email Remysmom Find more posts by Remysmom Add Remysmom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Tea tree shampoo mix in cedar tree oil if you like. Cedar shaving for bedding helps.

Old Post 10-17-2017 07:24 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Been using the seresto collars for 4'years or so and have no complaints. They say there good for 8 months but I usually get at lest 10 out of them.

Old Post 10-17-2017 11:00 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Simparica once a month. No fleas no ticks.

Old Post 10-17-2017 11:40 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Spurr
UKC Forum Member

advantage multi

Stylish Shaker 2018 fall baby stakes 2nd place

Stylish Lacy

Old Post 10-18-2017 01:43 AM
Jason Spurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Spurr Click here to Send Jason Spurr a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Spurr Find more posts by Jason Spurr Add Jason Spurr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Remysmom
New UKC Forum Member

What about for allergies in general? We think he could be allergic to a few things including fleas and that’s why he’s losing his fur due to constant scratching

Old Post 10-18-2017 03:38 AM
Remysmom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Remysmom Click here to Send Remysmom a Private Message Click Here to Email Remysmom Find more posts by Remysmom Add Remysmom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Remysmom
What about for allergies in general? We think he could be allergic to a few things including fleas and that’s why he’s losing his fur due to constant scratching
Simparica is the best I've ever used,,my dogs always had fleas on them no matter what I used,,I haven't had a flea or tick on them since I started using Simparica

Browns Wild Irish Rose(Tequila Sunrise x Stylish Abagal)
Browns Stylish Buddy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup
Browns Stylish Sissy(Stylish Bushwacker x Browns Wild Irish Rose) pup

Old Post 10-18-2017 06:33 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I would put him on flea preventive, Simparica, Bravecto or Nexgard. then worry about other allergies. I had a Walker female the same way. I thought she had food allergies. It was only fleas. Not losing hair from scratching, but from flea bite allergies.

Old Post 10-18-2017 03:41 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Get the collars. 8 to 10 months.

Old Post 10-19-2017 07:43 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote