UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wisconsin coon season
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin coon season

What you guys getting for hides? I need to make some money this year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-15-2017 05:38 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wisconsin coon season

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
What you guys getting for hides? I need to make some money this year.
would say your barking up wrong tree !lol

Old Post 10-15-2017 05:40 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan Dogs
UKC Forum Member

todd, if you need to make some extra cash your better off taking a second job at burger king. lol I have not heard a peep about hide prices.

- Gr. CH Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan II
- CH. Gr. Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan III 2008 Performance Sire
- CH. Gr.Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Dan IV 2004 ukc world hunt finalist
- Ch. Gr.Nite Ch. Mounds Creek Sassy II
- Nite Ch. Hickory Nut Bucky HTX 3 wins towards grnite
- GrCh.GrNtCh Hickory Nut Bawlie HTX
-Nite ch. PR Iowa County CryBaby II 2013 Badger State Hunt Champion
qualified for 2013 UKC World Hunt
CH Nitech She Hate Me (scar) HTX Iowa County Kennels

Old Post 10-16-2017 02:32 PM
Dan Dogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan Dogs Click here to Send Dan Dogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan Dogs Find more posts by Dan Dogs Add Dan Dogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

yes

Hey todd you could always go along the road and pick up aluminum cans !! lol

Old Post 10-16-2017 06:50 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

same prices as last year $0.00

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 10-16-2017 08:06 PM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Just got my new issue of Fur Fish and Game. Here is their fur market report.
There is newfound enthusiam for extra heavy xxxl Northern raccoon. the best fresh skins may top in at $15-$20. But averages will be under $10 and thats less the lows and smaller sizes. Southern coat coon might see $2-$3 for larger pelts properly stretched and dried.
Hey Tar. They say a really big silvery Northern Opossum might bring $2-$3. But lesser goods are worthless. Means there should be plenty for your Championship hunt!

Old Post 10-16-2017 09:11 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

I GET $5 PER COON SKINED OUT FOR THE MEAT THE HIDE IS WORTHLESS

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 10-16-2017 10:09 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin

I'd have to see it to believe it.

Gonna go sharpen the knife.

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:47 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

It's not like your baseball team is playing. You have a lot of time on your hands.

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:39 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

From the scores I am seeing at the major hunts if hides got high the coons are still safe unless they spotlight them. I don't even think they could tree a possum right lol.

Old Post 10-17-2017 12:47 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Now I've got a question. Back in the day when I was doing quiet a bit of hide hunting anything 30 inches and over was considered an xl. Just how big does a coon have to stretch to be considered an xxxl? Caught some in Michigan and Indiana that were in mid 20"s but still just xl. A xxxl must be the size of a yearlin bear or my buyer was taking me for a ride.

Old Post 10-17-2017 01:02 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

I don't know how big XL, XXL and XXXL coons are either. I think its if the buyers are having a good day or not.

Old Post 10-17-2017 02:04 PM
Davebrott
UKC Forum Member

size of coon.

measure from the nose to base of tail .

XL= 27" to 29"
XXL= 29" to 32"
XXXL = 32" to 35"
XXXXL = 35" +

Old Post 10-17-2017 05:37 PM
Davebrott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Davebrott Click here to Send Davebrott a Private Message Click Here to Email Davebrott Find more posts by Davebrott Add Davebrott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

Fur dealers have wisened up. Many will no longer buy blue hides. This means waiting until the last week of October or the first week of November. That is typically when Michigan hides start to prime up.

Earlier forecast suggested that coons may go up, but I will believe it when I see it. There were a ton in storage.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-17-2017 06:43 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
I don't know how big XL, XXL and XXXL coons are either. I think its if the buyers are having a good day or not.

Amongst other things of size too.

Old Post 10-18-2017 12:11 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Chadwick
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Atherton
Earlier forecast suggested that coons may go up, but I will believe it when I see it. There were a ton in storage.

There are literally 100's of thousands of coon pelts in storage in the US that have not gone to auction for several years now.

Old Post 10-18-2017 04:48 PM
Jay Chadwick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Chadwick Click here to Send Jay Chadwick a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Chadwick Find more posts by Jay Chadwick Add Jay Chadwick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.Nagle
UKC Forum Member

sounds like most won't be worth the price of a bullet.If you plan on taking a few I would hold off till there good and prime.

Old Post 10-19-2017 03:19 AM
G.Nagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Nagle Click here to Send G.Nagle a Private Message Find more posts by G.Nagle Add G.Nagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They say that coon are bigger up North but this is ridiculous. Just look at the size of this Maine coon my buddy''s son treed last night. I wonder how much his hide will bring.

Old Post 10-19-2017 01:40 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

I know I shouldn't say it, but i'd have rolled that big sucker out to my dog if he'd have treed it!! Just being honest

Old Post 10-20-2017 07:09 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

With your coon hunting rifle?

Old Post 10-20-2017 11:13 PM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir. I've killed many 1100 lb steers with a 22. I'd have peened that old boy right in the dome. What a thud that would have been. If I had the proper tags of course.

Old Post 10-21-2017 05:09 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote