UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Outstanding Track dog
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Big Country is on another level.

Yes I have hunted with, and owned good track dogs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2019 04:16 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Heard enough about him that I would love to see him operate. Seen a blue dog or two back in the 90’s that sure could track. Made my walkers look silly.

Old Post 05-10-2019 09:11 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Maybe ole Big Country will reproduce. I haven’t hunted with him but he sure has done a lot of winning. There is no dought he has something unique about him that puts him under them coon.

Old Post 05-11-2019 02:37 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Yadkin River Buck, absolute track dog in Mtns, swamps, cutover
we have witnessed him many times be a quarter mile from the other dogs watch him on the garmin come in on there strike, take the track and tree a good bit in front of them. But only if he dosen't have anything going( he is not a me too dog

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 05-11-2019 02:20 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CONRAD FRYAR
Yadkin River Buck, absolute track dog in Mtns, swamps, cutover
we have witnessed him many times be a quarter mile from the other dogs watch him on the garmin come in on there strike, take the track and tree a good bit in front of them. But only if he dosen't have anything going( he is not a me too dog

I like what you said...😎

Old Post 05-11-2019 03:11 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
Maybe ole Big Country will reproduce. I haven’t hunted with him but he sure has done a lot of winning. There is no dought he has something unique about him that puts him under them coon.

What is unique about him is for two hours he was the best pure coon dog I have ever seen turned loose, and probably the best I will ever see in my lifetime. Even if he does reproduce well it would be impossible to throw himself I think.

The stars don't line up to make a dog like that often enough to see another

Old Post 05-11-2019 04:23 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
What is unique about him is for two hours he was the best pure coon dog I have ever seen turned loose, and probably the best I will ever see in my lifetime. Even if he does reproduce well it would be impossible to throw himself I think.

The good news...you know a great coon dog when your looking at one doing what he does best...👍😎

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:49 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:

The good news...you know a great coon dog when your looking at one doing what he does best...👍😎

Old Post 05-11-2019 06:49 PM
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Reuben

He treed 5 singles in two hours. He layed some up, ran a bad track like it was a deer, ambushed one, and ran a good track fast enough to make one climb a tree it really didn't want to be in. He did all this with a perfect mouth and a huge locate.

The other three dogs each treed two a piece and were no slouches. The entry for the hunt was $6500, and those casts aren't gimmes.

If a person had never coon hunted in their lives they would have known that dog is special.

Old Post 05-11-2019 08:50 PM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I agree. Special ones are just that. He might throw a lot of his good but it’s hard to get everything to align just right. It’s like finding a big hunting dog that’s independent and deadly accurate. To hear people on this forum talk there everywhere. Finding one good trait isn’t hard. Finding it all over one hide is. I hope he reproduces a lot of his good.

Old Post 05-11-2019 09:12 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

I have owned and hunted some great track driving coon treeing dogs! That have won all over this country! But when it comes to tracking any style of coon there is only two dogs that stand out to me first was years ago and that was MAJOR’S MOVES Straight up one outstanding hound!!

The second I tried to purchase and they won’t sell and that is BIG COUNTRY!! That boys is one of a kind hound that I haven’t seen since Major’s Moves!! I have witnessed more than once him Tree any kind of coon! From lay ups to pop ups to an old cold junk track! He is a winner and straight up coon dog!! Will go down as one of the all time greats!!

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
CHKC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
STYLISH TRADER
2011 PKC WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Old Post 05-11-2019 09:37 PM
Jed Finley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jed Finley Click here to Send Jed Finley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jed Finley Visit Jed Finley's homepage! Find more posts by Jed Finley Add Jed Finley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North Creek
UKC Forum Member

Big Country

How is he bred.

Old Post 05-12-2019 02:12 AM
North Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North Creek Click here to Send North Creek a Private Message Find more posts by North Creek Add North Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

......................GRNITECH Double Springs Echo
............GRNITECH Double Springs Echo II
......................Caney Creek Amy
....GRNITECH Double Springs Bodacious
......................GRNITECH GRCH Razor Ridge Pop a Top
.............GRNITECH GRCH Razor Ridge Pop A Dot
......................GRNITECH GRCH Frog Creek Chirper
GRNTCH Goodson's Rowdy Bocephus
......................CH GRNITECH Slife's Blue Rambo
..............GRNITECH GRCH Smiley's Blue Rambo II
......................CH GRNITECH Smiley's Misti Blue
....GRNITECH CH Davis's White River Salin Sadie
.......................NITECH Smokey River JBS Chief
...............GRNITECH Davis' White River Sugar
.......................NITECH Nixons Wolf Creek Pebbles
Big Country
……………………..GRNITECH Meads Quail Creek Jet
……………..CH GRNITECH Flurry’s Hanks Creek Blue Jet
……………………..GRNITECH Good Time Blue Juice
….GRNITECH GRCH Bynog & Mcdonald’s Hat Cr. D-Con
………………………GRNITECH CH Slife’s Blue Rambo
………………NITECH Mcdonald’s Hat Creek Blue Sadie
………………………GRNITECH CH Smiley’s Misti Blue
GRNITECH GRCH Shelton’s Cotton Oxy
………………………GRNITECH CH Slife’s Blue Rambo
……………..GRCH GRNITECH Smiley’s Blue Levi
………………………GRNITECH CH Smiley’s Misti Blue
….GRNITECH GRCH Shelton’s Tally Ho
………………………GRNITECH GRCH Mike’s Frog Creek Whitie
……………..GRNITECH GRCH Sheltons Little Bit Of Blue Sky
………………………GRNITECH GRCH Bricky Creek Little Bit

Old Post 05-12-2019 05:24 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
North Creek
UKC Forum Member

Bruce

Thanks

Old Post 05-12-2019 12:06 PM
North Creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for North Creek Click here to Send North Creek a Private Message Find more posts by North Creek Add North Creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding track dogs

I've always admired tracking superiority and have observed that the common problem that their owners had was reproducing another from them. I believe that it was because they couldn't find a dog of equal or superior ability to breed them to. They were forced to breed to a NICE dog and would produce more NICE dogs. The only times that I've seen the level of ability reproduced was when they were bred to the same bloodline that were NICE dogs and a superior individual would be produced again. This observation has lead me to believe that this level of superiority is genetically recessively controlled. Have you hunted with any dogs of superior tracking ability that reproduced ??

Old Post 05-12-2019 05:41 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Did anyone notice the pattern in the blue dogs pedigree. 3 cousins in the grand parents position.

Old Post 05-12-2019 06:09 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Did anyone notice the pattern in the blue dogs pedigree. 3 cousins in the grand parents position.

Old Post 05-12-2019 06:09 PM
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

Stacking the Slife’s Blue Rambo x Smiley’s Misti Blue cross in there .... hmmm

Regardless of the reason, I’m tickled too death to see a blue dog of this caliber making the showing he has made! It speaks for itself when other unbiased and unaffiliated sources are making these kind of comments.

A little bit of Country, a little bit of rock n roll!

Keep it rolling Country!

I apologize for hijacking the thread with my unrelated rambling.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-12-2019 07:05 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyr
UKC Forum Member

Licking River Tiger ran every track the same , Fast, almost everything out of him did also , natural tree dogs. They did this at very young age. The problem they had was they were next to impossible to break off of junk. This was in the 1970 without todays tools.

Old Post 05-13-2019 01:00 AM
sonnyr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyr Click here to Send sonnyr a Private Message Click Here to Email sonnyr Find more posts by sonnyr Add sonnyr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sonnyr
UKC Forum Member

Licking River Tiger ran every track the same , Fast, almost everything out of him did also , natural tree dogs. They did this at very young age. The problem they had was they were next to impossible to break off of junk. This was in the 1970 without todays tools.

Old Post 05-13-2019 01:00 AM
sonnyr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sonnyr Click here to Send sonnyr a Private Message Click Here to Email sonnyr Find more posts by sonnyr Add sonnyr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Outstanding track dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
I've always admired tracking superiority and have observed that the common problem that their owners had was reproducing another from them. I believe that it was because they couldn't find a dog of equal or superior ability to breed them to. They were forced to breed to a NICE dog and would produce more NICE dogs. The only times that I've seen the level of ability reproduced was when they were bred to the same bloodline that were NICE dogs and a superior individual would be produced again. This observation has lead me to believe that this level of superiority is genetically recessively controlled. Have you hunted with any dogs of superior tracking ability that reproduced ??

Yes.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 05-13-2019 01:11 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sonnyr

Thank you for sharing! When I first started hunting in 1979, the neighbor that got me started Coon hunting was hunting a young male out of Licking River Tiger. His name was Tiger also. That sucker had an incredible nose and could run an old track for several minutes before anything else would open. He could flat scoot on a running track as well. To your point, he could also run a fox

He could tree a layup coon and had a very distinct quivering dying locate. My neighbor sold him as he was coming two years old due to the fox running. Another friend bought him and kept hunting him. As he got some age on him, he gradually weaned himself off the junk and made a very nice hound. I believe he had 4 wins toward Gr Nt Ch when he died. No trackers back then, and many nights driving the roads listening as he wasn’t lacking in the giddy up department.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 05-13-2019 12:48 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote