UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > That blue dog !!
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DOGSSTRICK
UKC Forum Member

Allen You can bet we are gonna be there as long as the man upstairs allows us,Dave come on down buddy you welcomed anytime I am about 2 weeks away from having my guest cabin finished with heating and air.John

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-29-2019 08:15 PM
DOGSSTRICK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOGSSTRICK Click here to Send DOGSSTRICK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOGSSTRICK Find more posts by DOGSSTRICK Add DOGSSTRICK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

John

I hope I can make it up in the next month or so, kind of feel like a teenager on his first date, wanting to hunt with Big Country just can't wait to hear that big locate a few times. Thanks for the invitation, just hope I can get away for a couple nights. Dave

Old Post 10-29-2019 10:16 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Hey John where about in Ky are you ?

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 10-29-2019 10:35 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Hey , hey , hey !! I want to hear that blue dog tree too !

Tar

Old Post 10-29-2019 10:35 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Click on the link Tar and ya can!🙃

I know, you want the real live in person version and I would too.

Guess I'll have to settle for the linked version though. Long ways between here and there!

Old Post 10-30-2019 01:06 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I hunted with his grandpa a lot we started making Wesley take his own pickup bodacious wasent a one hour hunt dog he was just getting warmed up lol. But he could run a coon I want to see big country go I love a dog that can push a coon.

Tar

Last edited by yadkintar on 10-30-2019 at 01:13 AM

Old Post 10-30-2019 01:10 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOGSSTRICK
UKC Forum Member

Im in springfield ky between lville and lex

Old Post 10-30-2019 03:54 PM
DOGSSTRICK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOGSSTRICK Click here to Send DOGSSTRICK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOGSSTRICK Find more posts by DOGSSTRICK Add DOGSSTRICK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOGSSTRICK
UKC Forum Member

Im in springfield ky between lville and lex

Old Post 10-30-2019 03:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

John he sounds a lot like his grandpa I will take a road trip and come see you. Been thinking for a while now on taking this 4th generation female of mine to a different breed seems like I am getting good coon treeing dogs but they just don’t seem to be getting to the next level kinda just stay the same. I think he has what I need a total outcross the walker breed everybody has about the same stuff. Hard to get the drive and accuracy without loosing the brains.

Tar

Old Post 10-30-2019 04:15 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
John he sounds a lot like his grandpa I will take a road trip and come see you. Been thinking for a while now on taking this 4th generation female of mine to a different breed seems like I am getting good coon treeing dogs but they just don’t seem to be getting to the next level kinda just stay the same. I think he has what I need a total outcross the walker breed everybody has about the same stuff. Hard to get the drive and accuracy without loosing the brains.

Tar

NO, NO, NO. Now several guys will try n tell you that they are still around but you have to look for them. Well IMHO you can't put something in that isn't there to begin with. But I seriously hope you have great success.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 10-30-2019 08:05 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got dogs that tree coons as good as some are hauling long distances. I consider mine average at best. I don’t drive long distances with an avaerage dog so if you can’t find an above average once in a lifetime dog in your own breed to breed to you go to anouther breed in the end they are all hounds just different colors simple as that.

Tar

Old Post 10-30-2019 08:30 PM
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I got dogs that tree coons as good as some are hauling long distances. I consider mine average at best. I don’t drive long distances with an avaerage dog so if you can’t find an above average once in a lifetime dog in your own breed to breed to you go to anouther breed in the end they are all hounds just different colors simple as that.

Tar

Tar I like your analogy.....

Old Post 10-30-2019 08:41 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

I can't agree more. A color phase mean nothing to me. They can be purple or green or orange as long as they tree coons the way I want 1 to.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 10-30-2019 09:04 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

Now we got Tar thinking the way you and I have always thought. Lol. Serious, I think we need to look at what's best for the coondog cross and not keeping a line "purebreed" just for that reason alone. Some of the best dogs I have seen were cross bred hounds. I like the concept of breeding coondog to coondog way more than keeping a certain breed "pure". We got to where we were by cross breeding, and if we are to stay there or improve our breeds, we will have to cross breed again. Before the competition hunts requiring purebred dogs, out crossing was a very common thing, now the UKC has allowed crossbreds to be registered, you will see more out crosses between coon dogs of different breeds. When you breed the best to the best you improve your chances of getting what you want. I think the cross breed program was one of the best things UKC has done for the coonhunting community. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 10-31-2019 at 12:24 AM

Old Post 10-31-2019 12:08 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eric DePue

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Now we got Tar thinking the way you and I have always thought. Lol. Serious, I think we need to look at what's best for the coondog cross and not keeping a line "purebreed" just for that reason alone. Some of the best dogs I have seen were cross bred hounds. I like the concept of breeding coondog to coondog way more than keeping a certain breed "pure". We got to where we were by cross breeding, and if we are to stay there or improve our breeds, we will have to cross breed again. Before the competition hunts requiring purebred dogs, out crossing was a very common thing, now the UKC has allowed crossbreds to be registered, you will see more out crosses between coon dogs of different breeds. When you breed the best to the best you improve your chances of getting what you want. I think the cross breed program was one of the best things UKC has done for the coonhunting community. Dave

Yes, I agree. I think we should start another xbred thread before too long.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 10-31-2019 08:59 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

I have a strong feeling that when these cross bred puppies from Big Country get old enough to start turning heads, we will have a thread dedicated to his cross breeding. If I was younger I would definitely want a young dog out of him and a good walker female, he is putting his locate mouth in his puppies. Dave

Old Post 10-31-2019 11:10 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

Hmmmm?

Old Post 07-08-2020 06:54 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
in the end they are all hounds just different colors simple as that.

Tar

I truly believe this statement. I could care less what color they are if they are TRULY a top shelf kind of hound. I have never understood why some try to continually stir up controversy.

You hunt what you like, let ol Joe hunt what he likes, and everyone is happy.

Old Post 07-08-2020 06:57 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
I truly believe this statement. I could care less what color they are if they are TRULY a top shelf kind of hound. I have never understood why some try to continually stir up controversy.

You hunt what you like, let ol Joe hunt what he likes, and everyone is happy.

Well do I deserve an opinion let’s see. I was itchen for one of those BC dogs my backer always when I could not afford a high caliber dog he will buy it and color means nothing to me either. He gave me a check for $4,500 and told me what ever I did not use bring back I went and tried three that were priced high for 2+ yr old dogs. Two never made a tree all night one I had to put my dog with it to see a coon and none of the three had a good mouth. So do I deserve an opinion yes. Do I deserve to be bashed for it no !!

But I am a big boy fire away.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2020 07:10 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

No one is bashing anyone here. I just directly quoted you.

I have no doubt that you have hunted with some culls off of Country. ALL STUD DOGS throw culls! Most don't like to admit it, but it is true. I can direct you to at least a dozen, that I personally know about, that are turning heads, but $4500 is not going to buy any of them.

Everyone has an opinion, but my mother used to tell me if I didn't have anything good to say, it was probably in my best interest to keep my mouth shut. I know it is hard sometimes, but it IS pretty good advice.

Try to be happy and not continually stir up controversy.

Just a thought... a large number of the absolutely ELITE of all breeds were bred to the dog. Do you think it is because he was blue or because he had qualities that they wanted?

I have NEVER witnessed a dog that has been ridiculed and bashed more than this dog has. Even the Bluetickers talk crap about him!

When walker dog men make statements like "he is the best hound breathing air today" it is hard for some to accept.

Is he going to be the greatest stud of all time? Who knows, time will tell. Has he already produced several that are winning on a regular basis? Yes and will continue to do so in my opinion.

Old Post 07-08-2020 07:42 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I kinda like the way you said that. Now I only got defensive when after I made my statement that none won at the super stakes this year everybody jumped my bones. Then it was misrepresented that his pups were to young to be there that’s false. Then it was to many walkers for blue dog to win there but there was an English dog in the finals hmmmm. Now if $4,500 won’t touch one I expect to see them start winning I look forward to it. I drove a lot of miles lost a lot of sleep was more less lied to spent $400 on gas and eats plus motels you you can see why I am sour.

Thanks for your honesty sir I am just being honest with you.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2020 07:53 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

Actually the only one I know of that was hunted at the superstakes did make it to Friday night. The same pup has a ticket for the truck hunt next year and is sitting 5th in the Kentucky state race.

There could have been others, I was not there

There are 3 divisions and 3 winners....so I would say there were alot of stud dogs that didn't have a pup win this year....common sense says there were 3 stud dogs that had pups that won!

He did have one in the final cast at the Fall SS but maybe that doesn't count?

Have you only driven a lot of miles, lost a lot of sleep, and been lied to about just dogs out of Country? I have been lied to about dogs all my life. I found out years ago that I absolutely do NOT want another stud dog. Talk about folks lying to you!

Old Post 07-08-2020 08:05 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Actually the only one I know of that was hunted at the superstakes did make it to Friday night. The same pup has a ticket for the truck hunt next year and is sitting 5th in the Kentucky state race.

There could have been others, I was not there

There are 3 divisions and 3 winners....so I would say there were alot of stud dogs that didn't have a pup win this year....common sense says there were 3 stud dogs that had pups that won!

He did have one in the final cast at the Fall SS but maybe that doesn't count?

Have you only driven a lot of miles, lost a lot of sleep, and been lied to about just dogs out of Country? I have been lied to about dogs all my life. I found out years ago that I absolutely do NOT want another stud dog. Talk about folks lying to you!

I had 3 studs performanced and SS at the same time one was a world champ. Hours on the phone talking to no shows. I am 62 yrs old I get rooked into working somtimes but don’t want nothing that resembles work no more. I am the type I got to have a dog that is impressive to make me hunt hard and compete.................I CANT CRAPPEN FIND IT !!!!

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2020 08:22 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I am the type I got to have a dog that is impressive to make me hunt hard and compete.................I CANT CRAPPEN FIND IT !!!!

Tar

You are not alone. Not many real coonhunters left....therefore it is WAY harder to find a winner anymore, and when you do....WOW at the pricetags on them. Most of the ones I find that I like, the owners won't price. Starting pups used to be enjoyable. I don't have the patience anymore. I like hunting a top hound.

Old Post 07-08-2020 08:31 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
You are not alone. Not many real coonhunters left....therefore it is WAY harder to find a winner anymore, and when you do....WOW at the pricetags on them. Most of the ones I find that I like, the owners won't price. Starting pups used to be enjoyable. I don't have the patience anymore. I like hunting a top hound.

Some are way over priced. I got a 9 month old that’s a natural. I got a litter on the way if I don’t get somthing I like out of that I QUIT ! And I don’t think it will bother me that much the coondog world I remember is gone.

Good day sir.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2020 08:47 PM