UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Independent???
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Re: Walker guy called still laughing

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
I read that to a comp walker hunter and he said a guy that hunts comp with blueticks wrote that. I said yes. He laughed the rest of the time. I don't know what he could have found so funny?

probably because he isn't used to seeing independent blueticks. I totally understand.

Southern Thunder Bluetick Kennels

At Stud: GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S BLUE WHIP
PERFORMANCE SIRE $300 STUD FEE

HOME OF: GRNITECH GRCH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX
2015 TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION
2015 PURINA RACE BREED CHAMPION
2015 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITECH BLUETICK
2015 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2015 AUTUMN OAKS BBOA / BBCHA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 WINTER CLASSIC DOUBLE CAST WINNER PURINA POINTS EVENT
2015 WINTER CLASSIC BBOA HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2015 ARKANSAS STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 MISSOURI STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 KENTUCKY STATE PURINA CONTENDER CAST WINNER
2015 INDIANA STATE PURINA CONTEDER CAST WINNER
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA TEXAS STATE CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA YOUTH NATIONALS CAST WINNER 2ND OVERALL HIGH SCORE
2015 BBOA ZONE 7 HOUND OF THE YEAR
2015 BBOA/BBCHA GRAND REUNION RQE 1ST PLACE IOWA
2015 BBOA NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL CAST WINNER / 1ST RUNNER UP
2015 ELBERT VAUGHN MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BILL JACKSON MEMORIAL CHAMPION
2015 BOOMER SOONER CLASSIC CHAMPION
2015 WESTERN ENGLISH SPRING CLASSIS CAST WINNER
2015 OKLAHOMA STATE YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP CAST WINNER
2015 BLUETICK CHALLENGE CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UKC WORLD HUNT CAST WINNER
2016 PURINA NATIONALS CAST WINNER / BREED CHAMPION / HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
5 Time World Qualifier and 3 Peat Zone Champion
Too many wins to list them all
2020 Performance Sire at Stud
GRCH GRNITECH PR HAMLIN'S DAVIE CROCKET HTX

Thanks to everyone who has breed to Crocket or is hunting one of his offspring

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2020 04:52 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ryan Karl
UKC Forum Member

Again, I’m not looking for a dead loner. And accuracy is as high as anything on the list.

Milano, Tx

Nitech CH Nolan Creek Pride
Nolan Creek Joy

R.I.P.

Grnitech Grch pr Nolan Creek Prides Maverick HTX 3

Old Post 10-15-2020 12:16 AM
Ryan Karl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan Karl Click here to Send Ryan Karl a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan Karl Find more posts by Ryan Karl Add Ryan Karl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I think your on the right track. Accuracy is very important. From my experience independence only gets better as they age.

Old Post 10-15-2020 02:20 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
littleharry_80
UKC Forum Member

Independence

Has anyone mentioned big country !!! I mean hell look at what he’s done !!! There bringing grand nite walker females to him to breed !! If that doesn’t open your eyes nothing will !! You guys need to take the blinders off and open them eyes up and look at what he’s reproducing!! When fellas are taking other breeds to him and u guys won’t just because he’s not out of old so and so !!

Old Post 10-15-2020 02:40 PM
littleharry_80 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for littleharry_80 Click here to Send littleharry_80 a Private Message Click Here to Email littleharry_80 Find more posts by littleharry_80 Add littleharry_80 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

accuracy is a combination of nose and brains. imo the better the nose and smarter the hound is the more accurate it is and quicker to locate the coon. this is why I love an air scenting hound. this type is usually much faster at locating a coon while coming into the tree as apposed to the type that has to smell all over a tree and circle it to make sure. an independent hound that can air scent can be deadly in a cast and especially when the coon aren't moving. nothing more fun than being able to strike and tree your hound in one breath then wait for the other hounds to check it and be around the tree when you handle your hound. plus mine and minus yours separates the score quick lol. there will always be those dogs that will cover and start treeing just because, but will be shut out of their strike points and can only score the tree points still separating your hound from theirs in points at every tree. I know this post is about independent hounds, but sense accuracy was brought up I thought I would share my view. I'm sorry for getting off the subject.

2015 BBOA / WESTERN ENGLISH SHOOTOUT DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT
2015 UNITED ENGLISH ARKANSAS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPION / HIGH SCORE OVERALL CHAMPION
2015 BBOA OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION / DOUBLE CAST WINNER / HIGH SCORE / KING OF HUNT

Old Post 10-15-2020 02:47 PM
southernthunder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southernthunder Click here to Send southernthunder a Private Message Find more posts by southernthunder Add southernthunder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

Re: Independence

quote:
Originally posted by littleharry_80
Has anyone mentioned big country !!! I mean hell look at what he’s done !!! There bringing grand nite walker females to him to breed !! If that doesn’t open your eyes nothing will !! You guys need to take the blinders off and open them eyes up and look at what he’s reproducing!! When fellas are taking other breeds to him and u guys won’t just because he’s not out of old so and so !!

that isn't helping the bluetick breed at all. breeding into other breeds with a better hound only allows the other breeds to gain further. I was asked several times to breed walker females and wouldn't because I didn't think this was in any way helping our breed and sure didn't want to give their breed anymore advantage. I could care less what the walker breed does. I've never hunted with Country but have friends who have and said he was nice. I hope he is able to cover nice bluetick females instead of other breeds. those breeds are lacking in accuracy and indepence and that is the reason they want to breed to a nice blue dog. those are the reasons I was told when they asked me to breed their females.

Last edited by southernthunder on 10-15-2020 at 02:57 PM

Old Post 10-15-2020 02:49 PM
littleharry_80
UKC Forum Member

Country

He would breed to bluetick females if the bluetick guys would haul them to him. That’s why the bluetick breed has not gotten any better and never will if they won’t open there eyes and breed to ability instead of well that not out of my blood lines so can’t use him lol . Go to a big blue hunt and he’ll everyone’s got there own little click and if u aren’t hunting there stuff they don’t want to fool with u lol

Old Post 10-15-2020 03:19 PM
littleharry_80 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for littleharry_80 Click here to Send littleharry_80 a Private Message Click Here to Email littleharry_80 Find more posts by littleharry_80 Add littleharry_80 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

I understand completely

Last edited by southernthunder on 10-15-2020 at 06:21 PM

Old Post 10-15-2020 05:49 PM
Ryan Karl
UKC Forum Member

I’m not line blind or color blind. A Coondog is a Coondog no matter the color or blood. I am surprised nobody mentioned him before you. I know of a couple that are nice natural independent hounds. I am curious to see what percentage of his pups are independent like him. I see a lot of people taking their blue females to him. Only drawback I have heard from people is the stud fee. My buddy crossed his Nitech jet bred female over him and got some nice pups. I think he can really help a lot of dogs. But I am curious to see how much independence he passes on.

Milano, Tx

Nitech CH Nolan Creek Pride
Nolan Creek Joy

R.I.P.

Grnitech Grch pr Nolan Creek Prides Maverick HTX 3

Old Post 10-15-2020 10:57 PM
Ryan Karl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan Karl Click here to Send Ryan Karl a Private Message Click Here to Email Ryan Karl Find more posts by Ryan Karl Add Ryan Karl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

BC

I bred 2 blue females to him. I have keep 4 of the pups so I'm bound to find out what he can reproduce.

Old Post 10-16-2020 12:42 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Moore
UKC Forum Member

BC ??

I read a piece a while back where John Strickland stated that they had bred BC a total of 35 times in less than 2 months (I believe) but the numbers may be off a little. But to answer the question whether or not Bluetick breeders aren't taking their females to him, twenty some were blueticks, so, yes the blue guys are breeding to him along with other off colored dogs. I wanted to go to BC a while back when I bred my female but several things made me choose another stud. First, I couldn't afford to pay $800 for a breeding that I wasn't sure would take. It was my females first litter and she had only ever been in season one other time and her cycles were nearly a year apart so I wasn't sure what would happen. Second, I was afraid of the AI for the same reason plus it would be more expensive. Now, before I get, (but you could sell the pups for a load of $$$$), yes you're probably right but what if it all went south and she would have had problems or never took at all? It's a big risk raising pups and I like to play the odds in my favor. Now that my female has had pups, I may consider BC on another breeding if it's in the stars.

Now getting back to the original question about independence. A dog should be 100% natural IMO, that includes independence. That way, when and if you decide to breed that dog, you know its all natural and not man made. There are so many things that man can do to make a dog appear different on the outside but if you breed that dog, it won't pass on the man made things, it will only pass on the natural bred in traits it was born with. For instance, if a dog is mean on the tree but the owner/handler has broke that dog from that trait, it will/may pass that unwanted trait to it's offspring. Independence is good to a certain degree. If one will leave a tree just because another dog comes in, well, you can have that one cause I don't want it.

Old Post 10-16-2020 05:49 PM
Ron Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Moore Click here to Send Ron Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Moore Find more posts by Ron Moore Add Ron Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pine.Log.
Banned

Well here we go.....

quote:
Originally posted by southernthunder
anything Hamlin breed. Crocket was the most natural reproducer of independence I've ever seen, but we have seen it in his offspring too.

If Crockett was the most natural reproducer of independance........why did you say "but we have seen it in his offsprimg too".....thats noted above.......did he reproduce this trait in other breedings than blueticks....??? im curious what other breeds did he reproduce this in?? Did he also reproduce the willingness to fight at the tree??.....I seen in the blodlines he was carrying two scratches at one time?? Please elaborate on that..... Just so anyone wanting one of your similar bred puppies will know what theyre getting.........

Go ahead and turn me into UKC as you do every time I ask a question you dont like..........

Old Post 04-10-2021 03:21 AM
Pine.Log. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pine.Log. Click here to Send Pine.Log. a Private Message Find more posts by Pine.Log. Add Pine.Log. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pine.Log.
Banned

Re: Re: Independence

quote:
Originally posted by southernthunder
that isn't helping the bluetick breed at all. breeding into other breeds with a better hound only allows the other breeds to gain further. I was asked several times to breed walker females and wouldn't because I didn't think this was in any way helping our breed and sure didn't want to give their breed anymore advantage. I could care less what the walker breed does. I've never hunted with Country but have friends who have and said he was nice. I hope he is able to cover nice bluetick females instead of other breeds. those breeds are lacking in accuracy and indepence and that is the reason they want to breed to a nice blue dog. those are the reasons I was told when they asked me to breed their females.

Yall didnt do nothing with crockett either, bred the dick offof him for what 8 years and produced 3 ntch dogs all titled right there in stigler, same as him..........bunch of home cooking going on around there they tell me..........

dont forget to turn me into ukc, ive said things you dont like..... but its the truth.

Old Post 04-10-2021 03:31 AM
Pine.Log. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pine.Log. Click here to Send Pine.Log. a Private Message Find more posts by Pine.Log. Add Pine.Log. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southernthunder
UKC Forum Member

here is some words of wisdom for you:

its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

please by all means keep talking bad about me. every time you do I get blessed. I'm going to pray for you!

Last edited by southernthunder on 04-10-2021 at 04:19 AM

Old Post 04-10-2021 04:11 AM
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

Eddie
You sure have some cheer leaders with unique names!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 04-10-2021 08:28 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote