UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeding problems
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bev030251
New UKC Forum Member

Breeding problems

My male is having problems staying tied to females. This has happened with the last two females bred to him. He only stays tied for about five minutes. Any suggestions on what I can do???

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:14 AM
Bev030251 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bev030251 Click here to Send Bev030251 a Private Message Click Here to Email Bev030251 Find more posts by Bev030251 Add Bev030251 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

give him one of your blue pills. lol

Old Post 07-17-2019 01:55 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crooked ridge
UKC Forum Member

I had just the opposite problem. The female would not let the male do his thing. I took both to the vet and had her AI 'ed.

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:19 AM
crooked ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for crooked ridge Click here to Send crooked ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email crooked ridge Find more posts by crooked ridge Add crooked ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: Breeding problems

quote:
Originally posted by Bev030251
My male is having problems staying tied to females. This has happened with the last two females bred to him. He only stays tied for about five minutes. Any suggestions on what I can do???
Has he Sired any pups?

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:54 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbender
UKC Forum Member

If he's truly tied, 5 minutes is plenty. Just breed him several times a couple days apart.

Old Post 07-17-2019 03:26 AM
dbender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbender Click here to Send dbender a Private Message Click Here to Email dbender Find more posts by dbender Add dbender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

They do not have to knot up to be bred, I have bred many small females with out letting the male hang up in the female.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 07-17-2019 11:15 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote