UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Vaughn Blood Fanciers
Pages (75): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

good lookin hound

Ch.Wolvertons Southern Blue Boomer
Gone but never forgotten
Gr.Nite.Ch.Gr.Ch.Pr Wolvertons Southern Blue Bawls HTX 2
Proud members of the BBOA and BBCHA

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2009 09:51 PM
mrbluedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrbluedog Click here to Send mrbluedog a Private Message Click Here to Email mrbluedog Find more posts by mrbluedog Add mrbluedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tickintimebomb
UKC Forum Member

thank you

Old Post 01-25-2009 09:59 PM
tickintimebomb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tickintimebomb Click here to Send tickintimebomb a Private Message Click Here to Email tickintimebomb Find more posts by tickintimebomb Add tickintimebomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

autumn oaks, 1981

this is a very special photo. taken at autumn oaks, by me, just before gr ch williams blue valley bell, won gr national bluetick. it was when both males and females competed at that time. in 1982...bell won national gr and show ch at autumn oaks. she is still the only blue to ever win this title at autumn oaks! that year she beat out some of the best known walkers of the day. she was a really nice blue female and solid vaughn blooded.

on the right is c.o. smith and his ch blue male. i handled him for c.o. that year (1981). he also was solid vaughn blooded. c.o. was one of our early pioneers and forefathers of the blueticks. he loved to hunt and show and won quite a bit with his blues. he was one of the original gentlemen to help oranize and set up the bluetick breed with ukc. as was elbert vaughn. he lived in illinois.

enjoy as it sure brings back memories.....

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-25-2009 10:39 PM
lauraroeder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lauraroeder Click here to Send lauraroeder a Private Message Find more posts by lauraroeder Add lauraroeder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

Ken looking at Bell is about like looking at Sally.

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 01-25-2009 10:49 PM
mrbluedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrbluedog Click here to Send mrbluedog a Private Message Click Here to Email mrbluedog Find more posts by mrbluedog Add mrbluedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

trust me....when i say....

bell and blue were BOTH nicer than the photo. it is just a vague idea of the beauty they had. bell's head was awesome and looks small here. she had long ears and her chest was clean. she was sharp! she had to be to win the way she did! LOL!!!

and unfortunately, jealousy raised it's ugly head and the fella i was with....didn't let me take king to autumn aoks! i feel he could of won there very easily. oh well...it don't happen now....LOL!!!

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Last edited by lauraroeder on 01-25-2009 at 11:01 PM

Old Post 01-25-2009 10:58 PM
lauraroeder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lauraroeder Click here to Send lauraroeder a Private Message Find more posts by lauraroeder Add lauraroeder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tickintimebomb
UKC Forum Member

WOW I was born in 81 HA HA

Old Post 01-25-2009 11:27 PM
tickintimebomb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tickintimebomb Click here to Send tickintimebomb a Private Message Click Here to Email tickintimebomb Find more posts by tickintimebomb Add tickintimebomb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

then you just got....

an ol tyme history lesson....LOL! i started with hounds in 1974. and i have a decent memory for what was going on then. like Hammer III winning autumn oaks and everyone talking about it. LOL! it was a BIG deal let me tell ya. there was NO ukc world hunt at that time. no pkc at all. and the only world hunt fellas wanted to win was the ol acha. and that was a big deal!!!! and then they sold the stud book to akc about 1988 0r "89? not sure on that. now it is wccha.

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-26-2009 12:00 AM
tickintimebomb
UKC Forum Member

talk bout history lesson ha ha

Old Post 01-26-2009 12:10 AM
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

in 1977.....

we put over 100,000 miles on a new chevy p/u! unheard of then. we travelled...LOL! my first autumn oaks. vicki rand has asked me to write about it. i really don't care to. i enjoy the internet. LOL!

dave dean had the ol tan chevy. it had been rolled a few times. LOL! he has always been par for the course in that repect. said one tiime..."got a fella car dealer and he don't give anymore on a trade in if it is good or bad"....LOL!!! boy! that vehicle looked bad...went down the road sideways. LOL!!! went to bboa zone II, year shelton morris won with ol boomer. me, ron hodous (now gone), shelton morris road in the back of lee sherburn's p/up...not good! LOL! let's just say we wiped out a mailbox on one turn....LOL! that doesn't compare to timber....

boomer went out of hearing a ways. so at one point, i was crawling down under the thickets. we got near an opening...i thought....and just as i went forward....sherburn grabbed my coat real quick. "said need a bath?" i was headed over edge into water....LOL!!! what a night....

my husband at the time...was spooky in the dark...ron "hody" played games with the light he was carrying. "spooked dave and shelton up...had them moving a lil quicker. LOL!

it was one of the most fun hunts i ever had. it was so relaxed that night. no one was too concerned with who's dog was doing what. thiose were the days....LOL!

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-26-2009 12:51 AM
tickintimebomb
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have wanted to just load up and dive to every hunt I could go to but the money is tight here for me. I am medically retired from the military and waitin on the va. So I am huntin 5 to 7 nights a week I dont have anything else better to do. I am pushin 4 of my hounds pretty hard and the fifth one she still a pup but i take her from time to time. I would like to go on a pleasure hunt with you, dave dean, lonnie ucthman, john wick, ed mead and many more of the more wise and educated coon hunters. I am takein some of Mr. Wicks advice that I heard about hunting every chance I can get and talk to 10 differnet experienced hunters for a min of 10 hours. It sure is helpin me out. I havent had the spare change to buy a set of Mr. Wicks books but when I do I sure will be givein him a call.

Mr. Wick came to the miss state youth hunt boy that was a great time. He put out a good message and was a really nice guy. Wish I had him living down the road from me for advice and pointers.

Old Post 01-26-2009 04:19 AM
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

it is good to read.....

all the articles, books, etc. that can help you gain more knowledge. and when you talk with other hunters, you will find differences in many ideas that they will share. but above all else....experience is truly the best teacher. if you have the talent, and capabilities, you will learn with each hound you deal with and all areas that you strive to learn from. that is my own personal opinion.
good luck in your adventures.....

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-26-2009 06:20 AM
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

MS.Laura you brought back a ton of memories I dropped houndS with Ron(Hody) and Shelton Morris along with Junebug on a regular basis.Went to Bellvue Mi. to the bluetick hunt in 77 or 78 and bought and hunted a blue gyp from Ron ended up winning the youngest hunter award at 14.Also hunted alot with Charlie Roosa and his dual Grand Ch. Northern Blue Chico.I learned alot from the 3 of them.I was fortunate enough to live around some serious bluetickers.When did Hody pass?

Gone but never forgotten

Last edited by mrbluedog on 01-26-2009 at 11:30 AM

Old Post 01-26-2009 11:23 AM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

Hody

I knew Hody. I crossed my Northern Blue Sassy to Hodys Northern Blue John way back yonder....The only pup I ever saw born BLUETICK color came from that litter. That pup would run and tree at 4 months. I sold him for $300 at 11 months of age. Pretty good money back then.....

Old Post 01-26-2009 11:45 AM
Kenbev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenbev Click here to Send Kenbev a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenbev Find more posts by Kenbev Add Kenbev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mrbluedog
Ken looking at Bell is about like looking at Sally.

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 01-26-2009 11:48 AM
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

Back then were some memorable time Junebug(Briar AKA Boomer 2),Tommy Marker (Freckles)My Brother Rab (Dixie Boomer Bred)and Me and my Bonnie gyp (from Hody) would pull up to hunts and pile out of the old station wagon and would have everyone laughing till the hunt was over then they were scratching there heads and wondering what just happen we would be loading up all the hard ware lol One weekend we told our parents we were headed to a local hunt they just didn't know it was Ashland lol we had a blast that weekend and it is a good thing cause mom and dad were not to happy,My Brother had just got his drivers license

Gone but never forgotten

Last edited by mrbluedog on 01-26-2009 at 12:22 PM

Old Post 01-26-2009 11:59 AM
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

Freckles

My brother,dad and me

mom and brother with lady best looking boomer bred I ever saw

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 01-26-2009 12:28 PM
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

small world! LOL!!!

that one photo shows dave darby in the background. i went to ashland in 1977 and 1978. it was alot of fun. i first dave dean there. hammer V had just won the grand american...first blue dog to do that!

if you knew ron hody....consider yourself very lucky. LOL! he once had ol jerry bachelder a going and had him on an old tape recorder. yes...the same bachelder that went to redbones. he had the sugar female at the time. "bach" was sayin dean was an ol muleskinner. LOL! it was hysterical. we were at ron's home and stayed there through easter that year. randy fisher was another one that hung around with us as well as the late jack coburn. he had gr nite ch northern blue gail. awesome treeing female!!

erik fisher is randy's son and he knew hody very well. grew up around him. hody eventually went to draft horses and passed a way a few years ago. alot of good fun.....

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-26-2009 04:44 PM
mrbluedog
UKC Forum Member

Ms.Laura what happen to the other thread I was enjoying them pics.If you get time how about emailing me that pic of Shelton,Dave and Bill also if you have any of Hody

Gone but never forgotten

Old Post 01-27-2009 01:38 AM
lauraroeder
UKC Forum Member

have sent......

enjoy. will do new post again when i can...northern blue.

AMAZEN COONHOUNDS

Old Post 01-27-2009 02:04 AM
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

Nichols Blue Otto

This dog is owned by Carl Miller of Wabash, Indinia (carlsdogs)

...................VAUGHNS BLUE MACK III
...........NICH ROGERS LITTLE MACK
...................BLUE MAE
....GRNITECH LITTLEJOHNS LITTLE ARKIE
...................CH GRNITECH SLIFES BLUE RAMBO
..........TEXAS CREEK BLUE DIXIE
...................GRNITECH CH UTCHMANS BLUE ANGEL

.NICHOLS BLUE OTTO

.................GRNITECH GRCH MOODY CREEK BLUE JAMMER
.........GRNITECH GRCH MOODY CREEK BLUE JACE
.................MOODY CREEK BLUE JUDY
....LITTLEJOHNS BLUE GAL
................NTCH SMOKEY RIVER JBS CHEIF
........GRCH SMOKEY RIVER CHEIFS SQUAW
...............GRNITECH SMOKEY RIVER JEANS BLUE JUNE

Last edited by Kenbev on 01-30-2009 at 02:42 PM

Old Post 01-30-2009 02:32 PM
Kenbev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenbev Click here to Send Kenbev a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenbev Find more posts by Kenbev Add Kenbev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

River Runnin Blue Moon

.......NTCH ROGERS LITTLE MACK
......CHNTCH JEFFERYS BLUE BOWSER
........WATSONS BLUE MAGGIE
....BLAIRS BLUE ROCK
........VAUGHNS BLUE BUCK II
......ROGERS SUSIE Q
........BLUE ANN

..RIVER RUNNIN BLUE MOON

........NTCH ROGERS LITTLE MACK
......NTCH CLEAR BRANCK BLUE JAKE
........VAUGHNS BLUE MUSIC
....NTCH MISTY RIVER BL BELLE STAR
........NTCH BURGES BLUFF BL EVINRUDE
......SLAVES MISTY BLUE BELLE
........NTCH BREWERS BLUE DOLLY

for more info call David Holmes at 843-801-1064 if he does not answer leave message

Last edited by Kenbev on 01-30-2009 at 03:10 PM

Old Post 01-30-2009 03:00 PM
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Some nice Vaughn

stock showing up on this post, Keep em coming it is nice to see....

Old Post 01-30-2009 03:41 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenbev
UKC Forum Member

Vaughn blood

We need to find these dogs and breed some of them. Most of the Vaughn/Bragg fanciers just hunt their dogs and breed when they need a replacement. They are getting hard to find....

I know several of the fellows that hunted Kelly Bragg's dogs that don't even know where to find a Bragg dog....

Old Post 01-30-2009 04:05 PM
glynnsdawgs63
UKC Forum Member

Otto is a full brother to my Stone County Star female

Glynn

Last edited by glynnsdawgs63 on 01-30-2009 at 11:41 PM

Old Post 01-30-2009 11:38 PM
glynnsdawgs63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glynnsdawgs63 Click here to Send glynnsdawgs63 a Private Message Visit glynnsdawgs63's homepage! Find more posts by glynnsdawgs63 Add glynnsdawgs63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carlsdogs
UKC Forum Member

otto

otto is a ch. with 3 wins to gr. will finish him this year .carl

Old Post 01-31-2009 12:42 PM
carlsdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carlsdogs Click here to Send carlsdogs a Private Message Click Here to Email carlsdogs Find more posts by carlsdogs Add carlsdogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote