UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Tell me if I'm wrong
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

Tell me if I'm wrong

On couple rule changes I have question and no accurate rule book to look up answer.

1. If a dog is treed when judge arrives but not declared treed and coon is found or tree is scored slick that dog receives next available on tree and minused. But strike points are deleted under current rules?

2. I think is 15 B under new rules passed say handler is to be minused awarded points on second time they strike wrong dog. Haven't we always minused a handler the first time they called wrong dog?

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2019 04:19 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Nathan

Yes about one, but that rule is the rule that will need to be clarified or adjusted by ukc (Allen & crew).

Example: Pull A off tree, B/C are treed & tree is closed, D is still on track. A has option to cut & handler does so. Cast heads towards tree, A is restruck with line under it & is @ tree, when cast arrives. Coon is seen. The way rule is written, A would have to take 50 assigned tree pts. minused for being there when judge arrived. UKC needs to adjust so that A's tree would also have line under it, so it would be deleted if coon is seen. NOT so, if off game seen or tree is slick. THEN he deserves deleted strike & next available assigned tree pts. & minused for them.

2nd example: A/B/C are treed & tree is closed, but when judge arrives D is there treeing, so it receives assigned tree pts. (25). Coon is seen, so D would take minus strike & tree, when coon is seen with this new rule. I agree with 2nd situation because D was slow to get treed or just plain didn't finish his own track, so he deserves some minus for what he did.

Other ???, yes that is way it has worked around here. It happened @ last RQE for my 'handler', not a good choice on his part. 1 dog barks 1 time 2 guys strike, judge says "wait a minute"!! Next bark, by different dog, my 'handler' says "i made a mistake, minus Blue for 100 & strike for 75", bet that don't happen on many of your casts!!! At least it makes it a lot easier for judge not to have to figure out who made the wrong call, with dogs he has never hunted with.

See ya down the road, when i stop in to hunt with those mafia dogs this winter. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 09-12-2019 07:02 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Example: Pull A off tree, B/C are treed & tree is closed, D is still on track. A has option to cut & handler does so. Cast heads towards tree, A is restruck with line under it & is @ tree, when cast arrives. Coon is seen. The way rule is written, A would have to take 50 assigned tree pts. minused for being there when judge arrived. UKC needs to adjust so that A's tree would also have line under it, so it would be deleted if coon is seen. NOT so, if off game seen or tree is slick. THEN he deserves deleted strike & next available assigned tree pts. & minused for them.

A is going to get next available and take minus. The dog has no business being on that tree. The Coon is already treed. He needs to be looking for another.

Old Post 09-13-2019 10:27 PM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CWard
UKC Forum Member

Don’t mean to make anyone mad, but oh well!

How bout tighten the schedule up and just have Hunt’s when the leaves are off the trees and a lot would be solved. And by no means do I have a COONDOG I’m just sayin. I’m sure somebody will have something to say about my comment. I think it would solve a lot heart ache. Just my .02 have a good day

Old Post 09-14-2019 07:28 AM
CWard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CWard Click here to Send CWard a Private Message Find more posts by CWard Add CWard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

Re: Reply

quote:
Originally posted by rghnd123

A is going to get next available and take minus. The dog has no business being on that tree. The Coon is already treed. He needs to be looking for another.

I disagree ,a coon dogs job is to tree coons ,dogs should get 25+ for strike 25 + for tree if they cover off the recut and coon is seen,

Old Post 09-16-2019 09:50 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote