UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > cold nose walkers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

cold nose walkers

What line today has the cold nose

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2018 06:05 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

There’s a couple out there. Some are slower than others. Stand on their head a little to long, this old Ridge Roamer line I’ve hunted for years always seems to be able to take any kind of track and do a good job with it in a hurry

Old Post 09-24-2018 03:57 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Track dogs

Arkansas Cooner I sent you a PM.

Old Post 09-24-2018 05:13 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Buck creek,hard rock cafe, sty clover . Theres others out there I'm sure. The trick is finding breeding that can move tracks correctly, quick.

Old Post 09-25-2018 02:15 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

thanks looking

To hear all input possible .

Old Post 09-25-2018 06:11 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stxcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

House line of dogs

Old Post 09-25-2018 01:20 PM
stxcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stxcoonhunter Click here to Send stxcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email stxcoonhunter Find more posts by stxcoonhunter Add stxcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

cold track drivers

Where they at and what line is throwing em? I mean track oriented, that will tree and stay!

Lawson's Buck Creek Wildman

Old Post 09-28-2018 11:34 AM
Lawsreddog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lawsreddog Click here to Send Lawsreddog a Private Message Click Here to Email Lawsreddog Find more posts by Lawsreddog Add Lawsreddog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Comas Legend dog

Throws trackdogs to.

Old Post 09-28-2018 08:17 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Comas Legend dog

Throws trackdogs too. Drop dead Fred, machine gun Casey. Moutain Moby.

Old Post 09-28-2018 08:20 PM
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

Track dogs

I am looking for dogs that won't tree 10 trees an hour! Original track driving walkers!! Thx Swamp 1 I will check Legend out.

Old Post 09-28-2018 10:22 PM
Lawsreddog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lawsreddog Click here to Send Lawsreddog a Private Message Click Here to Email Lawsreddog Find more posts by Lawsreddog Add Lawsreddog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Trackdogs

quote:
Originally posted by arkansas cooner
There’s a couple out there. Some are slower than others. Stand on their head a little to long, this old Ridge Roamer line I’ve hunted for years always seems to be able to take any kind of track and do a good job with it in a hurry

Cold nosed track dogs that drive a cold track are scarce. I believe that they are genetically recessive.
My Penney dog is the best cold track dog that I know of and she goes back to the Ridge Roamer dog multiple times through Deventers Penney. I'd like to know more about the Ridge Roamer dogs.
Most peoples definition of cold nosed dogs are actually just poor track dogs that make the tracks appear cold.
Good luck with your search.

Old Post 09-30-2018 03:09 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Finley River

Theres a dog called Jim Dandy that finished second in Senior Superstakes may bring coldnose back in them hounds,after all that where the wipeout breeds got it from. Coma x finley rv gyp. Kevin Cable owns him l believe, worth looking at .Could be the Finley River cold nose traits of the past revived again
Sure is bred right on bottomside too, track power x tree power.could be some competition from this line of hounds from past.

Last edited by swamp1 on 10-03-2018 at 05:05 AM

Old Post 10-03-2018 04:52 AM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Not trying to brag but I think I have exactly what you are talking about. What I have is not from just one line but a mixture of Fr, banjo, hillbilly Mac, and a few others. I didn't raise or train the female that I'm hunting now, but she is forever more a cold tracking machine. The product of years of true houndsmen working to create something. I am planning a breeding in the spring, sure hope I don't mess up what others created. She has her faults like any dog, but tracking ain't one of them.

Old Post 10-05-2018 12:00 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Cold nose

Hope you the best. Good track dogs sometimes run track for months before they tree. They may stand and look at a dead coon with ears perked up without raising cain at it to start with. I would be patient with them,lett'm run track over and over. If they don't tree with others just tie them back when you decide to take one out. If you train them alone tie them back too. Only let them have feel one because you want to and they did a great job. Make'm want it. I'm no expert but thats what worked for me years ago. I believe man said fellow that owned Hillbilly Mac first got him he wouldn't tree much. Good luck. I love a cold nose hound that can drive a cold track.

Old Post 10-05-2018 05:04 AM
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

I would almost say find a person that strictly hide hunts for some reason a meat dog can and will tree any track it comes across

Old Post 10-05-2018 06:31 AM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gmccall
UKC Forum Member

Track dog

A track dog that can handle any one they cross , track, tree and coondog.Yadkin River Deacon look on the stud page give Pete Barber a call

Old Post 10-05-2018 11:33 AM
Gmccall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gmccall Click here to Send Gmccall a Private Message Click Here to Email Gmccall Find more posts by Gmccall Add Gmccall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kordog
UKC Forum Member

I would belooking for dogs that get it done under poor conditions for a start .guys running bobcat with treeing walkers and having good success would be a good place to look .running bobs kind of weeds out the dogs that are weak track dogs .

Old Post 10-06-2018 11:28 AM
kordog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kordog Click here to Send kordog a Private Message Click Here to Email kordog Find more posts by kordog Add kordog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Les Young09
UKC Forum Member

Re: Trackdogs

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry

Most peoples definition of cold nosed dogs are actually just poor track dogs that make the tracks appear cold.

I couldn't agree more.

Old Post 10-12-2018 01:48 AM
Les Young09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Les Young09 Click here to Send Les Young09 a Private Message Click Here to Email Les Young09 Find more posts by Les Young09 Add Les Young09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Nose

Most now cant smell at all.They have to either hear or see it to tree it.

Old Post 10-14-2018 06:44 PM
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

Track

I have had guys tell me they want there dog to go 1000 yds then start hunting looking for a hot track, my pups can tree a hot coon! I want one to hit a track right out the back of the truck and tree it. Or hit a track other dogs don't even know it's there and take the track and tree it no matter the distance. I am here in Indiana and have treed coon a 2 miles. I also have had 2 pkc money winning dogs treed at 850 yds and and my dog setting under a coon we see from the truck at 30 yds. I like independence and track driving power I'll teach it to tree...jmo

Old Post 10-14-2018 06:51 PM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Track and Tree Dog

You don't train a dog to be truly outstanding. They are born with that level of ability. One of the best I ever seen could drive a snowed in track at 5 months old. You give them the opportunity to show their genetics and they are better after 10 trips to the woods than most Grand Nt Ch.

Old Post 10-14-2018 08:33 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lawsreddog
UKC Forum Member

Talking Kyler kry

Agreed

Old Post 10-14-2018 08:35 PM
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

I miss mine I have been spoiled to them for yrs and yrs. i love it when my dog would pull up treed and the other dogs won’t even back her because they don’t think the coon is there they leave and we walk in and find the coon sound asleep balled up in a fork they just couldn’t smell a cold track

Old Post 10-19-2018 02:55 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote