UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > CH GRNITECH 'PR' Mad-Dog Mo Blue Smoke
Pages (76): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Well how did you guys do at Marshall last night?

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2011 01:38 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Marshall Hunt

We bombed out in 13 minutes! The whole cast scratched on a slick tail.haha 13 minutes of dog POWER!!!!!
Needless to say this week we are working on that little problem.
Getting ready for the next one.

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Old Post 03-21-2011 01:20 PM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Roy,
Did they do that so fast that you thought they were kidding?................Tim

Old Post 03-21-2011 08:00 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Nope

There was no doubt that they were serious!!!!!!haha But it was FAST.

Home of:

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Old Post 03-21-2011 08:08 PM
Roy Clifton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Clifton Click here to Send Roy Clifton a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Clifton Find more posts by Roy Clifton Add Roy Clifton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ks Mad Dog Jr
UKC Forum Member

HAHA

Haha Tim. Thats too funny. I wish they were kidding. I was thinkin, darn 3rd tree. But that was the least of my worries. I think we need to start a new thread for everybody that their dog treed so fast and was just kidding.

Old Post 03-21-2011 10:28 PM
Ks Mad Dog Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ks Mad Dog Jr Click here to Send Ks Mad Dog Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Ks Mad Dog Jr Add Ks Mad Dog Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Don't worry about it Roy. There's always a hound or two that trees those type coon at the finals of the world hunt.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 03-21-2011 10:46 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
barryg35
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Mad-Dog
Roy,
Did they do that so fast that you thought they were kidding?................Tim

Lamo! Now thats funny right there!

Old Post 03-21-2011 10:49 PM
barryg35 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for barryg35 Click here to Send barryg35 a Private Message Click Here to Email barryg35 Find more posts by barryg35 Add barryg35 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Have fun with what life throws at ya

Dennis, It kind of lets you know what you have neglected all season. Have not had a problem with oppy's all year but that doesn't mean you should think that a dog will NEVER tree one. Got lazy and have just been huntin instead of training.
Barry, that is funny. We all have had fun with that one. Tim and Timmy said they were going to start a thread that reads My Dog Treed one So Fast That He WAS KIDDING!!!!!!LOL
On a serious note, we have been working the young dogs and just when we thought Robin was ready to give the hunts a try again she came in heat. That will set us back for about 3 to 4 weeks with her.
Got a couple of real young prospects that need timber time and of course ole Smoke is in intinsive training.
Just having fun.

Home of:

Old Post 03-22-2011 05:01 PM
tom hueston
UKC Forum Member

Roy and Timmy

Hey guys Tim speaks so highly of you guys. Hope sometime we are able to meet yall.How's that pup doing?The one jesse has (rose)runs everywhere don't think I've seen her walk anywhere yet.Are you guys going to keytsville friday?Well have a great day.................Tom

CH NITECH 'PR' Jordan's Blue Hoss
'PR' Hueston's TNT J-Girl
'PR' Mad Dog Coon Hatin Demon
'PR' Mad Dog Rose
Bad News Duke
L.C.
Dozer

Old Post 03-22-2011 05:17 PM
tom hueston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tom hueston Click here to Send tom hueston a Private Message Click Here to Email tom hueston Find more posts by tom hueston Add tom hueston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

One needs to expose those hounds that don't tree off game to those hounds that do tree off game. Last week I was hunting with a couple buddies and had treed five trees with coon. We cut for number six, their hounds opened a short distance from us, trailed for a short period and treed. Flo was shut out, I checked my garmin and she was close to the tree and hadn't opened. I was glad to see her make a wise decision on the slick tail and get on down the ditch. Training Flo has been similar to that of Rebel. Very little correction on off game and repeat correction wasn't needed. I commented to a hunting buddy a few nights back that Flo was comparable to Rebel when he was her age. I don't believe they bought that bill of goods but I like how she has progressed.

I would still enjoy taking a good long hunt with you and your son. You fella's have been hitting the competition pretty hard the past couple months, not much time to waste pleasure hunting. If you can work in a good pleasure hunt let me know. After reading about all the coon that Smoke has treed we shuoldn't have any trouble getting two or three up a tree.

I understand that Smoke is extremely fast but last night my hand held started smoking soon after sending Flo. Shortly after that the screen read, "Please Start Hunting Walkers or Airplanes".

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 03-22-2011 at 08:20 PM

Old Post 03-22-2011 06:49 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Dennis

Now That Is Funny!!!LOL Got to watch out for those low flying Airplanes! Super sonic jet models I'd say! Kinda hard on the Garmin, trying to update that fast.haha
I just got off of the long hours at work so I'll try and give you a call and we will go.

Home of:

Old Post 03-22-2011 10:20 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Roy

Well that sucks but atleast you are man enuff to admit your dog is not perfect. So many dogs on here walk on top of water insted of swiming. Thats what I like about you Roy you are a good honest man. Good luck & we will be seeing around.Jerrold Parker

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 03-23-2011 05:49 PM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Jerrold

Kinda like a hunt, you got to call them on what they are doin. Then let the chips fall where they may. Hey but we are having fun anyway. Trying to get in some good hunting and catch up on things we negelected all winter.
Timmy has been picking up the slack when I couldn't hunt and he is doing a great job keeping the dogs going. He is working Smoke and is hunting a Nite Ch female that has been out of the loop for a while.
Got a couple of WalCur boys that liked what they saw and turned BLUE. Both told us that if they knew that a bluetick could run and tree like this, they would have turned coat long time ago.haha

Home of:

Old Post 03-24-2011 01:35 PM
Borgstadt
UKC Forum Member

Marshall Hunt
We bombed out in 13 minutes! The whole cast scratched on a slick tail.haha 13 minutes of dog POWER!!!!!
Needless to say this week we are working on that little problem.
Getting ready for the next one.

Hey Roy is was nice to meet you last weekend in marshall. I was the guy with the red female. to bad our hunt was so short, i would have liked to see some better dog work. Good luck with your hound!!!

Old Post 03-24-2011 08:46 PM
Borgstadt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Borgstadt Click here to Send Borgstadt a Private Message Click Here to Email Borgstadt Find more posts by Borgstadt Add Borgstadt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Borgstadt

Nice to have met you also. We will be back over that way again and maybe we can go for another hunt. That spot should have produced a lot of coon and maybe next time it wont be so flooded.
Good luck with your female, she is a nice lookin dog and can get on the wood.

Home of:

Old Post 03-24-2011 09:15 PM
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Timmy and I have been tradeing off the nights we hunt the dogs.
We both have been haveing some long races. I hunted Smoke last night in the rain and sleet, it wasn't too bad in the timber. Smoke started two good runnin tracks. First one went 560 yrds to a brush pile but I did see the coon. Second deal he worked along a creek 350 yrds before he opened and ran that one out of hearing. Lost signal at 910 yrds but after I climbed Mount Everest I could hear him treed in the next valley. Got down to him and he had a big den tree. Only thing on my mind climbing up that bluff and back down was SNAKES. Timmy killed a rattle snake day before yesturday so I was LOOKIN.

Home of:

Old Post 03-25-2011 01:41 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I have been hearing lots of guys killing rattlesnakes in that area. I believe it was Terry Nading telling me he kilt 20 or 30 not sure on the number but one is too many for me.

Give me a call if you want to take a hunt tonight. I am off work spreading fertilizer. I can head up your way and be there around dark thirty. If I don't answer I'll call you back. 620-762-1344

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 03-25-2011 at 04:43 PM

Old Post 03-25-2011 04:40 PM
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Just got ahold of Dennis and we are going for a hunt tonight. I think Timmy and I can put him in a few coon and I'm sure we will have a blast hunting with him. Good dogs and good fellowship, it don't get better then that.

Home of:

Old Post 03-25-2011 07:04 PM
Ks Mad Dog Jr
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Dennis came up for a hunt last night with his Flo and Ruby females. We had a good time and made several dumps. Treed 4 coon and 3 dens. Got to see Smoke and them go together on a couple, and a couple where the dogs did thier own thing and got off by themselves. The last dump Flo got off by herself and got under a coon and looked super good. Those 2 females are nice hounds and will get even better as they go. Pretty enjoyable hunt all together.

Old Post 03-26-2011 07:22 PM
Ks Mad Dog Jr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ks Mad Dog Jr Click here to Send Ks Mad Dog Jr a Private Message Find more posts by Ks Mad Dog Jr Add Ks Mad Dog Jr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Clifton
UKC Forum Member

Phone call

Just got a call from Vickey Perkins from Wis. and her Mad Dog pup out of Smokes grand-daddy on his bottom side, got his best of show today and won King of the sectional. I think this finished him to show champion. Not bad for a 8 month old pup! His name is Moon Dog Barley Ray and he is a looker. Vickey goes by Umbie on here said he is a coon crazy treein machine also. Barley is out of Mad Dog Blue Rooster II X Grand Ch Mad Dog Sweet Pea( aka Nickie) of Robbie Brooks.
We will see them at Eldon in April.

Home of:

Old Post 03-27-2011 04:01 AM
Ks Mad Dog Jr
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Took Smoke and Cleo out last night. Hunted Smoke first he went in hard got struck and moved a track a ways and got treed about 1/2 mile in. Had 2 coon. Dropped Cleo on the next one she hit a colder track moved it about 600yrds and treed a den. Called it a night kinda early and went home.

Old Post 03-29-2011 02:47 PM
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

Timmy/Roy,
Are you guys going to go to a hunt this weekend. Danny said that he was going to go to Nevada. I have a BIG horse shoe pitching tournament in ST Louis this weekend. Good luck to you guys this weekend.............Tim

Old Post 03-31-2011 12:56 AM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Tim better take older brother to the HSP unless his pitching has improved.

And Many More

Old Post 03-31-2011 07:02 AM
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Shoes

Dennis,
This is an Invitational Tournament and Paul and I were Invited to be members of the West Team, quite an Honor for us. The East Team has won the Trophy for several years but we plan on changeing that this year.......Tim

Old Post 03-31-2011 11:53 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

I know how much you guys enjoy throwing those shoes. Bring home the gold and good luck. Missouri has always been know for their horse shoe pitching.

And Many More

Old Post 03-31-2011 03:14 PM