UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Valu- Pak dog food
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

Valu- Pak dog food

I just switched from Pro Plan to Valu Pak anyone else feeding there dogs Valu- Pak. I m trying the black bag 28- 20 I was just wondering anyone else thoughts on the feed. I love Pro Plan just don t like the price. I guess a few weeks will tell. If anyone has a favorite or good experience with the feed I would like to hear which one your feeding..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-30-2017 02:04 AM
Chad Francis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Francis Click here to Send Chad Francis a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Francis Find more posts by Chad Francis Add Chad Francis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I feed the blue bag, hunt my dog a lot, stays in good shape and looks good. I like it.

Old Post 09-30-2017 02:20 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pierson181
UKC Forum Member

I feed the black bag, I switched from Purina dog chow and the valu pak is better. Keeps their coats slick, and mine stay fat on it when they arent being hunted. I am happy with it so far. I pay 29.50 here in West TN

Old Post 09-30-2017 02:32 AM
pierson181 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pierson181 Click here to Send pierson181 a Private Message Find more posts by pierson181 Add pierson181 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

valu pak

That's good to hear people liking it so far I pay $28.50 in iowa. I almost went with the 26 -18 blue bag but decided on the black bag 28-20. Time will tell the tell.

Old Post 09-30-2017 03:00 AM
Chad Francis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad Francis Click here to Send Chad Francis a Private Message Click Here to Email Chad Francis Find more posts by Chad Francis Add Chad Francis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

I tried it, blue for a while. Then, tried black for longer. I no longer feed either. I'll bet you end up switching back or trying something different.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 09-30-2017 04:01 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

dog food

I love Pro Plan I just hate the price.

Old Post 09-30-2017 04:09 AM
RMorris
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pierson181
I feed the black bag, I switched from Purina dog chow and the valu pak is better. Keeps their coats slick, and mine stay fat on it when they arent being hunted. I am happy with it so far. I pay 29.50 here in West TN
Where do you buy it in West Tn.?

Old Post 09-30-2017 02:18 PM
RMorris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RMorris Click here to Send RMorris a Private Message Find more posts by RMorris Add RMorris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RH.
UKC Forum Member

Been feeding the blue bag since this spring for $25 a bag..best thing I have ever fed

Old Post 09-30-2017 06:36 PM
RH. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RH. Click here to Send RH. a Private Message Find more posts by RH. Add RH. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by RH.
Been feeding the blue bag since this spring for $25 a bag..best thing I have ever fed
X2

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Old Post 09-30-2017 08:56 PM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

24.50 out the door for the black bag. My dogs are doing well on it.

Old Post 09-30-2017 09:10 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad medlock
UKC Forum Member

Theres no comparison in feed if u really really hunt 1..its good maintenance feed but mine lost weight on it horribly..its 30$ a bag here locally now and for that price its not feasible. However i totally understand Pro Plan has gotten out of hand!! Jumped almost 5$ a bag at Orschelns!!

Old Post 10-01-2017 01:35 AM
chad medlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad medlock Click here to Send chad medlock a Private Message Find more posts by chad medlock Add chad medlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by chad medlock
Theres no comparison in feed if u really really hunt 1..its good maintenance feed but mine lost weight on it horribly..its 30$ a bag here locally now and for that price its not feasible. However i totally understand Pro Plan has gotten out of hand!! Jumped almost 5$ a bag at Orschelns!!

👍🏼

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 10-01-2017 04:58 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MUSKY
UKC Forum Member

Pro Plan

My wife is getting pro Plan for $37 a bag delivered to the house from amazon. Then I get the weight circles off it and that saves a little more.

Home of:
A couple old plugs

Old Post 10-01-2017 04:45 PM
MUSKY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MUSKY Click here to Send MUSKY a Private Message Click Here to Email MUSKY Find more posts by MUSKY Add MUSKY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I wish it was available here in Pa.
Guy was giving samples at A.O.
I like the ingredient list.

26-18
26-20

NO CORN
NO WHEAT
NO SOY
NO ANIMAL DIGEST
NO FISH MEAL
GLUTEN FREE

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Old Post 10-01-2017 04:59 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I'm still feeding the old original 24/20 red bag that has corn in it. Don't know what the fuss is about corn. My dogs are fat and slick and stay up good with hard hunting and don't have problems digesting corn unless they grab a bite out of a bait pile. Then it looks about the same when I scoop it as it did when they ate it. Females come in heat and the males stay in heat. Cost me $22 a bag. No thyroid meds or coconut oil necessary so if it ain't broke why fix it?

Old Post 10-01-2017 05:07 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad Francis
UKC Forum Member

valu pak

I called the company to ask them some questions and what I should feed. He said 28 20 black or original 24- 20 in the red bag. He said 24-20 with the corn in it is the number 1 seller.

Old Post 10-01-2017 06:12 PM
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
I tried it, blue for a while. Then, tried black for longer. I no longer feed either. I'll bet you end up switching back or trying something different.

My experience exactly. Dogs looked and performed well on it for a few months then they started loosing weight, coats looking dull, and started having less energy in the woods. I went back to purple bag Victor.

Old Post 10-01-2017 08:14 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgef072007
Banned

I have been feeding the blue bag for about 7 months now and love it. Dogs look and act great, plenty of energy and look great on it.

'PR' OUTBACK TRASHY LULU

CH GRNTCH 'PR' WRECK IT RALPH (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2017 UKC World Finalist. 2018 UKC World Hunt Qualified.

CH GRNTCH 'PR' CATS TRASHY TOMCAT (Dead Cat X Outback Trashy LuLu) 2016 , 2017 & 2018 UKC World hunt qualified

'PR' Blue Eyed Pete (Watsons Jackal X Hello Kitty)

'PR' Wipeout Harley (Joinertown Wipeout Zeb 3 X Dark Mtn Crankin Holly)

past home of

GRNTCH 'PR' DEAD CAT

NTCH WCH 'PR' DEAD CATS ECHO

Old Post 10-02-2017 11:49 PM
georgef072007 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for georgef072007 Click here to Send georgef072007 a Private Message Find more posts by georgef072007 Add georgef072007 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Re: Pro Plan

I get my Pro Plan 30/20 for $34.00 a bag from Chewy using the $7.00 coupon from weight circles and yes they accept and honor them. I still feel it is best feed, less intake and less output and the hounds look great! Order it and you have it in two days or you can have it auto fill at your reqquest. No shipping charges if you order two bags or more. I order other things from them and they are great to deal with.

quote:
Originally posted by MUSKY
My wife is getting pro Plan for $37 a bag delivered to the house from amazon. Then I get the weight circles off it and that saves a little more.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 10-03-2017 10:56 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dutchcreek99
UKC Forum Member

I switched from ProPlan to the black bag 28 20 and it is the best feed I have fed in years. I have been feeding it well over a year and love it!!

Old Post 10-03-2017 12:58 PM
dutchcreek99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dutchcreek99 Click here to Send dutchcreek99 a Private Message Click Here to Email dutchcreek99 Find more posts by dutchcreek99 Add dutchcreek99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

I switched from Pro Plan 30/20 to the black bag 28/20. So far I like it. It reminds me a lot of the Victor grain free that I was feeding before the purina. I can get Pro Plan for about $34/bag (37 lbs) and can get the Valu-Pak for $27/bag (50 lbs). I am feeding my little puppies pro plan but mainly because I still have several bags.

One thing I have noticed is that my dogs are not as shiny on the Valu-Pak as they were on the Pro-Plan. Performance-wise though I can't tell much difference. Overall I am pleased so far.

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Last edited by deadeye ruck on 10-03-2017 at 03:27 PM

Old Post 10-03-2017 03:25 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjcc1978
UKC Forum Member

My female is now almost 7 months old and my male is almost 5 months old. I have been trying to find a food that they will like to eat, I started out with Diamond Naturals All Life Stages dog food. They didn't really seem to like it too much. So, I switched to Purina One SmartBlend for Large Breed Puppies. I'm not sure that this is the right food for them. Where we live, right now it is dipping into the 20's at night. I have 2 heat lamps in the metal shed they stay in at night with straw and blankets. I am concerned that they won't have the good nutrition for winter to stay healthy. They are acting like they are starving even though I feed them 2 cups of dry, twice a day plus half a can of wet food once a day. I just wormed them 2 weeks ago with Sentry 7-Way De-wormer. I have not started them with coon hunt training, so they are not extremely active. There is only ONE place that sells this Value Pak food in my area and I do not know how much it costs.

What are your suggestions for food to switch my hounds to?

Old Post 11-10-2019 01:06 AM
tjcc1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tjcc1978 Click here to Send tjcc1978 a Private Message Find more posts by tjcc1978 Add tjcc1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Valu-Pak

Blue bag Valu-Pak, I've been feeding it for well over a year. Several hunters are feeding it around here. We all like it. So do the dogs.
1 of my dogs has always had bowel movement trouble since a puppy and loose stools off and on, tried several feeds and vet checked. I finally gave up and accepted that he was born this way. When he was around 5 years old I switched all dogs to the Blue Valu-pak, to my surprise his troubles went away.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 11-10-2019 04:48 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjcc1978
UKC Forum Member

I bought some chew bones for the two of them today, but they tire of those rather fast LOL. I feed them twice a day, but have been wondering if they are getting enough to eat even with the amount they get. They act hungry a lot of the time even though they are not hugely active right now.
What about free feeding? Is that a no-no with coon hounds? I have a big rubber bowl meant for livestock that's probably 5 to 6 inches deep and about 2 feet wide. Is this a big no?

Old Post 11-10-2019 06:02 AM
tjcc1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tjcc1978 Click here to Send tjcc1978 a Private Message Find more posts by tjcc1978 Add tjcc1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tjcc1978
I bought some chew bones for the two of them today, but they tire of those rather fast LOL. I feed them twice a day, but have been wondering if they are getting enough to eat even with the amount they get. They act hungry a lot of the time even though they are not hugely active right now.
What about free feeding? Is that a no-no with coon hounds? I have a big rubber bowl meant for livestock that's probably 5 to 6 inches deep and about 2 feet wide. Is this a big no?

I prefer feeding my grown dogs once a day just so I have daily contact with them and also as I clean kennels they can get out and exercise...

Many others use self feeders and it works...using open containers and it won’t be long you will have a few birds coming to eat dog food and it won’t be long it will be a flock of them...

Old Post 11-10-2019 12:39 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote