UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Plotts > Dale Brandenburger passes.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

Dale Brandenburger passes.

A Plott legend as passed away. I got a call from Shirley Brandenburger stating Dale had died Thursday and he was now in a better place, and his twin brother had died just two days before. The Brandenburger family asked for your thoughts and prayers.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-09-2013 01:53 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fred Harroun
UKC Forum Member

Prayers for the family,Dale was a super nice guy always enjoyed talking with him.he had so much knowledge of the plot breed.

NPHA
APA

Old Post 11-09-2013 02:38 PM
Fred Harroun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fred Harroun Click here to Send Fred Harroun a Private Message Click Here to Email Fred Harroun Find more posts by Fred Harroun Add Fred Harroun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ROWDYPLOTT
UKC Forum Member

Dale was a wonderful man and the cornerstone of the Plott breed. I am thankful to have known him. We will pray for the family.

Old Post 11-11-2013 12:19 PM
ROWDYPLOTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ROWDYPLOTT Click here to Send ROWDYPLOTT a Private Message Click Here to Email ROWDYPLOTT Find more posts by ROWDYPLOTT Add ROWDYPLOTT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

I had the good fortune of meeting Mr. Brandenburger twice. Once at the Illinois Plott Sectional in Millstadt in 2008 and then this past Plott Days. In 2008 there were a lot of people around and I was just starting in the Plott breed hunting a heavy Pioneer bred dog for Ron Miller named Sadie. I was young and too nervous to approach him to speak even though I'm sure he would have enjoyed the company. At that time you could tell Alzheimer's was taking its toll on his mind, but he still recognized several in attendance (including Ron).

At Plott Days this past year I got to sit down and spend over an hour with Mrs. Brandenburger looking through some of the old pedigrees and the list of pups Dale had sold all over the country. I was unable to communicate very much with Mr. Dale because of the horrible disease he had but Mrs. Brandenburger was more than happy to share stories with me and educate me a little more about the Pioneer Plotts. It was an experience I'll never forget. Several in attendance then shared their stories of meeting and visiting with Mr. Dale over the years which was very good to hear.

I'd say very few people have done more for the Plott breed over the years than Dale Brandenburger. No, he wasn't the originator or even a member of the Plott family, but he did bring the breed to national recognition because of his ads and his placing in several hunts over the years. Whether you love or hate the Pioneer bred dogs, your Plotts probably have some smidgen of them somewhere back in the past. You cannot deny the impact he had on the breed as a whole in his hey-day. When Mr. Dale started with the Plotts they were mostly big-game dogs in the mountains where they had been for almost 200 years. He brought them into the fore-front of the coonhunting community and showed they had potential as a big game hound and a coonhound both.

RIP Dale. You are already missed by the Plott and coonhunting communities.

Old Post 11-11-2013 01:54 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Prayers sent

We have been praying for the Brandenburger family and all his friends... especially those on here who will be missing him.... Carry him with you to the woods!

Sincerely SOrry, Heather and Bob William

Old Post 11-12-2013 01:46 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John R. Walkup
UKC Forum Member

I can still remember being excited reading Dales "Rules Corner", being a newcomer to the game at the time.

My favorite picture Has Dale Brandenburger, Wayne Jeffries, Greenville Back with Ole Montana Scout! What a group of examples to follow in the plott breed and competition circuit!

Mr. Brandenburger will always be a topic of some of my coon hunting stories.

Old Post 11-23-2013 12:06 AM
John R. Walkup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John R. Walkup Click here to Send John R. Walkup a Private Message Click Here to Email John R. Walkup Find more posts by John R. Walkup Add John R. Walkup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ADillard81
UKC Forum Member

A True Sportsman will be missed

I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was a child .My grandfather Ross Crowson raised and bred plotts for years with and around Dale. He was always a Great and knowledgeable man. Has done more for the breed than anyone with the exception of the Plott family. I again meet him at a plott days and before I said who I was he asked about my grandpa. Nice and honorable man to the end. I thank you for what great things you have accomplished and for clearing a path forever set in stone for all future plott houndsmen . You will forever be in our hearts and missed more than you could know.

Old Post 12-01-2013 01:29 AM
ADillard81 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ADillard81 Click here to Send ADillard81 a Private Message Click Here to Email ADillard81 Find more posts by ADillard81 Add ADillard81 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote