UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Southern Bluetick Assoication
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BWSupplies
UKC Forum Member

Southern Bluetick Assoication

Their has been some changes made and all in hope we can get the association back up and running. getting members is the number one goal for now and then hopefully having regular events across the south..
I know the SBA covers many states and we will be looking for state reps and maybe SBA state chapters. I look forward to seeing this grow and one day be one of the big hunts for our area like Southeastern Walker Days is but its gonna take all of us to make it happen.
If your interested in joining dues are now $20.00 for individual and $30 for family. Dues can be sent to::

Southern Bluetick Association
254 Harrington Rd
Rockingham NC 28379

Thanks For All Your Support

bwsupplies@aol.com
704-791-7751
36479 NC HWY 49
New London, NC, 28127
President of the SBA
Member of the BBOA & BBCHA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Backwoods-Supplies/167389623298613

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2012 01:16 AM
BWSupplies is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWSupplies Click here to Send BWSupplies a Private Message Click Here to Email BWSupplies Find more posts by BWSupplies Add BWSupplies to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A. Hauck
UKC Forum Member

Bill, I'll be the first one to say it. If your going to try and host events across the south and deviate away from the original goal of just one hunt in the South like SETWA then you will be going up against BBOA and BBCHA events throughout the South, and your not going to succeed.

You have 2 major Bluetick organizations in the USA, and Zone 5 and Zone 6 are in BBOA and are strong Bluetick Zones within BBOA. Try and go head to head with them and it just will not work.

If the sba is once again going to try and host events across the south and compete with BBOA and BBCHA I for one will not join nor will I support it.

If it stays true to what some say it was started for hosting ONE major event in the south then I think many will think about it, but travel a different route and many will not support it, or at least the many I know, and that includes many Bluetickers within the South.

Not wanting to start a fight here, just giving you my opinion and what I've heard from many living in VA< NC< SC< FL< GA and AL

GR NIte CH GR CH'PR' Dalton & Haucks BluRidge Lynn

GR Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's So Blue Queen

GR NIte Ch Rogers Blue Molly

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Daltons BluRidge Pat (Full liitermate brother to Smokey II)

Nite CH GR CH GR W CH'PR' Hauck's Carlolina Star

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Queen II (Daughter of Queen)

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Nancy Ann

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Ebony (Daughter of Ann)

Nite CH'PR' Southland's Blue River Joe (4 wins to Grand & 15 cast wins !!)

Gr Nite CH CH'PR' Blue River Little Sue (Daughter of Lynn)

Old Post 05-14-2012 04:25 AM
Mark A. Hauck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. Hauck Click here to Send Mark A. Hauck a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A. Hauck Find more posts by Mark A. Hauck Add Mark A. Hauck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BWSupplies
UKC Forum Member

Mark we want peoples input about how things should be handled to see where the association needs to go. Thanks for what you had to say and I hope more will give a resonance as well.

bwsupplies@aol.com
704-791-7751
36479 NC HWY 49
New London, NC, 28127
President of the SBA

Old Post 05-14-2012 11:21 AM
BWSupplies is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BWSupplies Click here to Send BWSupplies a Private Message Click Here to Email BWSupplies Find more posts by BWSupplies Add BWSupplies to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Gardin
UKC Forum Member

MARK

ONE ANNUAL EVENT LIKE SOUTHERN ENGLISH AND SOUTHEASTERN WALKER DAYS AND SOUTHERN REDBONE DAYS THEY DONT HOLD SECIONALS OR STATE EVENTS AND IT WORKS FOR THEM THE ONE WE JUST HAD WAS A REAL LAYED BACK EVENT LIKE SOUTHERN ENGLISH DATS WE TALKED ABOUT WHAT TO DO FOR THE MEMBERS AT THE MAJOR EVENYS LIKE A GIFT CARD NOT GOING AFTER ANY OTHER ASSO HEAD TO HEAD THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT EVERY MEMBER EAT FREE BBQ WITH THE FIXINGS

Old Post 05-14-2012 11:28 AM
David Gardin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Gardin Click here to Send David Gardin a Private Message Click Here to Email David Gardin Find more posts by David Gardin Add David Gardin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark A. Hauck
UKC Forum Member

For it to grow, that is what I feel is the road it needs to take. Those Assn mentioned have ONE major event and they seem to draw very well. That should be the main objective of the SBA and not try to put on State events or sectionals. Timing of the event will be a major and critical decission also. In the future having it just 2 weeks before National Bluetick Days will limit many on travel, untill gas goes down, but just 2 weeks away from Bluetick Days makes folks choose and getting it away from the date of the National hunt for Blueticks may help attendance. Just my opinion

I like the Gift card idea, it travels way easier than a dog box, light and I can use where ever I want

GR NIte CH GR CH'PR' Dalton & Haucks BluRidge Lynn

GR Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's So Blue Queen

GR NIte Ch Rogers Blue Molly

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Daltons BluRidge Pat (Full liitermate brother to Smokey II)

Nite CH GR CH GR W CH'PR' Hauck's Carlolina Star

Nite CH GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Queen II (Daughter of Queen)

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Nancy Ann

GR CH'PR' Southland's Blue Ebony (Daughter of Ann)

Nite CH'PR' Southland's Blue River Joe (4 wins to Grand & 15 cast wins !!)

Gr Nite CH CH'PR' Blue River Little Sue (Daughter of Lynn)

Old Post 05-14-2012 12:40 PM
Mark A. Hauck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. Hauck Click here to Send Mark A. Hauck a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark A. Hauck Find more posts by Mark A. Hauck Add Mark A. Hauck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BWSupplies
UKC Forum Member

That is our main goal is to grow. Several have said when the SBA started it tried to do things to fast but right now I feel we need members above all else and then focus on how the association needs to proceed and make its member happy to be apart of something.. I believe we need to craw a bit before we can walk.

bwsupplies@aol.com
704-791-7751
36479 NC HWY 49
New London, NC, 28127
President of the SBA

Old Post 05-14-2012 01:24 PM
David Gardin
UKC Forum Member

SBA

THE OTHER ASSO THAT YOU SPOKE OF MARK ARE VERY GOOD ASSO SOUTHEASTERS THEY GIVE A GIFT CAR TO THEIR HIGH SCORING MEMBER AT THE WINTER CLASSIC AND OTHER MAJOR HUNTS I THINK SOUTHERN ENGLISH GIVES A TROPHY AT THE MAJOR EVENTS AS MANY PEOPLE KNOW YOU CAN BRING BBOA DAYS SOUTH AND GET THE SUPPORT FROM THE OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY THIS LITTLE ASSO WILL GROW IF IT KEEPS THE RIGHT FOCES WE HAD A GOOD ENJOYABLE EVENT AT HIGH POINT OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE 10 MORE ENTERY EACH NIGHT

Old Post 05-14-2012 10:07 PM
David Gardin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Gardin Click here to Send David Gardin a Private Message Click Here to Email David Gardin Find more posts by David Gardin Add David Gardin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerry Brumfield
UKC Forum Member

SBA

Glad to hear that the event held in High Point was a sucess. Sorry that I wasn't able to attend. I belong to both the BBOA & BBCHA. Have been for a long time. I also have a proud member of SBA from the start. Feeling was from the start was not to push others off the map or to complete with them. I felt like it would be something here in our part of the country where we could show our dogs and be proud of it. Not haveing to drive 12 or 16 hours to a hunt. Sure we have some problems getting started, but we haven't given up. It will be only as good as the membersip wants it to be. Thanks Jerry

Old Post 05-15-2012 01:50 AM
Jerry Brumfield is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry Brumfield Click here to Send Jerry Brumfield a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry Brumfield Find more posts by Jerry Brumfield Add Jerry Brumfield to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SCBluetickGal
UKC Forum Member

I hope things work out better this time around. I personally have never been a member of BBCHA because there are literally NONE of their events near me, but have gladly paid a BBOA membership when I've been able to attend their events. Being a member of SBA wouldn't stop me from supporting BBOA (or BBCHA if we had more events near us).

Like someone else mentioned, it would be nice to have an event similar to Southeastern Treeing Walker Days for our breed. Every year I wish I could make one of the "big" bluetick events, but it's hard to make more than a couple long trips in a year. I know that's true for many folks, everywhere. I enjoyed the Reunion the one time I got to go before it was moved from NC, and would love to see another "bigger" event like that in our region again.

CH'PR'Moss Blue Carolina Rain-Queen of Show, BBOA Zone 6 Championship
NITECH CH 'PR' Carolina Flo
CH 'PR' Poison Whiskey Waylon
CH 'PR' Cruse's I'm Your Huckleberry
CH'PR' PoisonWhiskey WildHoney
'PR' Poison Whiskey CowgirlsDontCry
CH'PR' Bowers & O'Connor's Foxy Roxy
PoisonWhiskey SonOfTheSouth

Poison Whiskey Hello Darlin'-2013 AL State BMOS, AL State Hall of Fame King of Show

PoisonWhiskey LilMsHonkyTonk

Coming Soon...
PoisonWhiskeyMaybeItWasMemphis
PoisonWhiskey Heart Like Mine
-------------------------
In loving memory...
CCH GRCH 'PR' Swampland Blue Gypsy-RIP sweet girl
'PR' Miller Time

Old Post 05-15-2012 03:01 PM
SCBluetickGal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SCBluetickGal Click here to Send SCBluetickGal a Private Message Click Here to Email SCBluetickGal Find more posts by SCBluetickGal Add SCBluetickGal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Events

Any one in your area that would like to put on a BBCHA event in your area PLEASE contact me or Bryan Tate our numbers are in the Blue Book.You can also PM me. We would love to have some Sectionals and other events in this area. As far as the SBA is concerned, I have no opinon except it will have a up hill battle if it trys to compete with the 2 existing national org.. BBCHA would certainly try to work with people in this area to provide some hunts and I feel sure BBOA would also. But it takes clubs and people in the area willing to invest time and labor. Ed Mauney Pres. BBCHA

Old Post 05-15-2012 04:22 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Gardin
UKC Forum Member

PLEASE LETS NOT

DONT THINK SBA IS TRYING TO TAKE FROM THE OTHER ASSO THE SBA IS GOING TO TRY TO PUT ON ONE EVENT AND AWARD THERE MEMBERS AT THE MAJOR EVENTS WITH A GIFT CARD YOU CAN GO TO SOUTHEASTERN OR SOUTHERN ENGLISH DAYS OR REDBONE DAYS AND DONT HEAR ANY NEGTIVE ABOUT THE OTHER ASSO PLEASE LETS DONT BE THE BREED THAT DOES THIS I WOULD JUST ABOUT BET THAT ANY THAT ANY SBA MEMBER WILL BE A MEMBER OF AT LEAST ONE OF THE OTHER ASSO

Old Post 05-15-2012 09:54 PM
BWSupplies
UKC Forum Member

Certainly not trying to undermine or take anything away from the other organizations by no means. We are wanting to give people in the lower states a chance to join a club to support the Bluetick breed. having one big hunt a year like Southeastern Walker Days could be a big possibility in the future but its going to take members to make that happen. If people are interested in being a part of the SBA and helping it grow please join.

bwsupplies@aol.com
704-791-7751
36479 NC HWY 49
New London, NC, 28127
President of the SBA

Old Post 05-15-2012 11:02 PM