UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > John Wick Talks Back
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey bourne
UKC Forum Member

Re: ego trip

quote:
Originally posted by bob country
anyone who has hunted for any amount of time could write a book.

I have been hunting since I was 13 and I'm now 40. I couldn't write a book. You wouldn't know whether to scratch your watch or wind you ??? when you got done reading what I wrote.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-13-2010 04:41 AM
joey bourne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bourne Click here to Send joey bourne a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bourne Find more posts by joey bourne Add joey bourne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdw2920
UKC Forum Member

Comment could have been made in a more tasteful manner I feel. Could have answered question and said now if there is anything else you would like to know I am sure this book would help you out. I assure you the comment was made but that is fine like I said no hard feelings just look over and chalk it up as a learning experience.

Old Post 02-13-2010 04:50 AM
jdw2920 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdw2920 Click here to Send jdw2920 a Private Message Find more posts by jdw2920 Add jdw2920 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heckler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jdw2920
Comment could have been made in a more tasteful manner I feel. Could have answered question and said now if there is anything else you would like to know I am sure this book would help you out. I assure you the comment was made but that is fine like I said no hard feelings just look over and chalk it up as a learning experience.

You ain't the only one with the same experience

Old Post 02-13-2010 05:05 AM
heckler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heckler Click here to Send heckler a Private Message Find more posts by heckler Add heckler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Mr Wick

I have ALL three of your books. Love reading them and broadening my narrow mind LOL. See ya again soon some time. Mike and Nancy Shannon

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 02-13-2010 01:29 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazeagle
Banned

I started following John's writings since I first started coonhunting in the mid 70's. I couldn't hardly wait to recieve my next issue of Full Cry to see what he wrote that month. I never had anyone to show me the in and out's of coonhunting other than anything I could get my hands on to read and my own trial and errors. From what I've observed over the years, John has been a big help to the education and guidance to many a begginer coonhunter. I feel he has been one of the most Unselfish and helpful leaders in our sport.

It was a sad day when he decided to close the doors and retire from his W.O.W. buisness. He demanded top quality workmanship and materials in his products. This is quality and pride that is next to impossible to find in any product of any kind these days. I still wear a nylon vest I purchased from John in 1988 I believe it was. I work in it daily at work in the construction trade and hunting. To this day it is in almost as good of shape as the day I bought it. You can't beat quality and pride that was put into his products.

I want to close by saying that I for one,I have appreciated and cherished his contribution and dedication he has offered the public and myself over the years. Not many would be willing to do that without compensation over that period of time. If you can't handle the truth don't ask John . The name "John Wick" is how I've always defined honesty and truth along with the willingness to help anyone that asked.

Thank You for the years of dedication and help John
Donald E. Sorg
Blanchester,Ohio

Old Post 02-13-2010 03:02 PM
amazeagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazeagle Click here to Send amazeagle a Private Message Click Here to Email amazeagle Find more posts by amazeagle Add amazeagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Re: ego trip

quote:
Originally posted by bob country
anyone who has hunted for any amount of time could write a book.

So when is your book coming out?

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 02-13-2010 03:26 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdw2920
UKC Forum Member

Not knocking the man just sharing my experience like the post asked. I am glad that many have good experiences with him.

Old Post 02-13-2010 05:20 PM
jdw2920 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdw2920 Click here to Send jdw2920 a Private Message Find more posts by jdw2920 Add jdw2920 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wingman66
Banned

I've sat and spoke with John at many hunts. Never was anything but nice to me. We talked about more than coonhunting also. Anybody can have a bad day. Can you imagine getting asked the same questions 250 times a day? Have your wife ask you every 5 minutes starting at 8:00am what do you want for supper. John is ok in my book. A dedicated hunter, houndsman, business and family man. Another human being going through life with the rest of us. You rarely see hunters like beller, dohoney, wick, etc...etc... buring up the internet. You see alot of THEIR hounds on YOUR hounds pedigree's though I bet. Nuff said...

"Kim Jong-Un speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.” An actual sitting US President said that. Let that sink in.

Old Post 02-13-2010 06:59 PM
Wingman66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wingman66 Click here to Send Wingman66 a Private Message Click Here to Email Wingman66 Find more posts by Wingman66 Add Wingman66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

Hey Mr. Wick, welcome to the forum. Wouldn't worry much about defending yourself on this thing. It is like putting out fire with fireand would make you mad. Then you would quit talking to the rest of us. That is the way things usually works anyway and would hate to see that happen.
I have a library of dog training book and of course yours is in there. Now what I would like to know. As we go threw life we all change and learn more. I am wondering if there is any thing in your book you would change if you were to wright one today.
Arthritis does suck. Getting it in ALL my joints. Thanks for take the time to share with us. Grady Jarvis

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 02-13-2010 07:35 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike_Flores
UKC Forum Member

John, you dont have to explain yourself to anyone, especially those who talk bad about you and have never met you. My feelings are, when you were very active in the dog games there were no Internet chat room or message boards. The message boards have brought out a VERY negative side to all the dog sports (big game, coon, bird, waterfowl, beagle, etc.). Back in your day, people would have thought it but not have said it...these days, people sit on their computer, far removed from a person and even reality, and feel they can bash someone for no reason. Let it slide off..you'll never change what's going on. Coonhunters are jerks! LOL

Old Post 02-13-2010 07:40 PM
Mike_Flores is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Flores Click here to Send Mike_Flores a Private Message Find more posts by Mike_Flores Add Mike_Flores to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
josh
UKC Forum Member

uhhh...You guys do realise this thread is 6 years old?

Old Post 02-13-2010 07:46 PM
josh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for josh Click here to Send josh a Private Message Click Here to Email josh Find more posts by josh Add josh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Flores
John, you dont have to explain yourself to anyone, especially those who talk bad about you and have never met you. My feelings are, when you were very active in the dog games there were no Internet chat room or message boards. The message boards have brought out a VERY negative side to all the dog sports (big game, coon, bird, waterfowl, beagle, etc.). Back in your day, people would have thought it but not have said it...these days, people sit on their computer, far removed from a person and even reality, and feel they can bash someone for no reason. Let it slide off..you'll never change what's going on. Coonhunters are jerks! LOL

I am sure people won't get to bad about bad mouthing Mr. Wick. He has enough friends (and want to be friends) that respect the shear fact that he was in the sport for so long. That I am sure would spank a person if they get to disrespectful. LOL

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 02-13-2010 07:50 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

i have

always hade a great time talking to mr wick he even sined a book for me to give my nefue when my nefue was at the age 5 now billy is 7 and loves reading all your stuff so i think you 4 being a good man to my nefue billey becauls he sure likes you,david boggs sandy hook ky...ps... and for me i cant spell a lick i stayed in the woods and worked instead of school so mr wick keep up the great work you do 4 kids and all

Old Post 02-13-2010 08:28 PM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ky hillbilly
UKC Forum Member

Mr wick I told you years ago I didn't like you and I still don't.This comment is for John Wick and no one else. I'm only one out of thousands.Good day!

Old Post 02-13-2010 09:26 PM
ky hillbilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ky hillbilly Click here to Send ky hillbilly a Private Message Click Here to Email ky hillbilly Find more posts by ky hillbilly Add ky hillbilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Sirosky
New UKC Forum Member

things that come to mind

lol... lets see if i can do this with out sounding to negative...um self promoting bull sh_ter. lots lots of bs. I dont know about everyone else but im a little leary of a guy that keeps telling me over and over and over how honest he is; and he only speaks the truth.and everyone else is a crook and a liar.and the greatest dog trainer. then enters a hunt and just makes excuses why he cant win a cast. LOL...FULL BLOWN MORON ! If ur to dumb to run a computer,i dont want any tips from ya on how to train this junk i hunt. LOL.

Old Post 02-13-2010 10:08 PM
Bob Sirosky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Sirosky Click here to Send Bob Sirosky a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Sirosky Find more posts by Bob Sirosky Add Bob Sirosky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no_bablin
UKC Forum Member

Re: things that come to mind

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Sirosky
lol... lets see if i can do this with out sounding to negative...um self promoting bull sh_ter. lots lots of bs. I dont know about everyone else but im a little leary of a guy that keeps telling me over and over and over how honest he is; and he only speaks the truth.and everyone else is a crook and a liar.and the greatest dog trainer. then enters a hunt and just makes excuses why he cant win a cast. LOL...FULL BLOWN MORON ! If ur to dumb to run a computer,i dont want any tips from ya on how to train this junk i hunt. LOL.

not callin you out, but i have a friend who has a doctorin in IT... he couldn't figure out how to use a gps the other day, my mentor couldn't tell you anything about a computer, people pay him thousands a year for his dogs... im sure when he said "i can't cut the computer on" he was saying that hes about dumb as a stump when it comes to computers and he was just lettin you know he can't type.. also, far as him being "honest" i know 8 people who have delt with him and 2 who drew out with him, he lost the hunt by honesty!! now you beat that!! and it wasn't no small hunt, it was at a PKC world hunt... but i can see where you could say that a man who builds his sefl up as honest could in all reality be dishonest, but i've read his books, if he is a liar, idc one way another, his training methods work, and if he did "bull crap" the methods, then when need him in the white house cause his bull crap methods seemed to work when everyone elses doesn't.. also, alot of people don't like his book cause they mis read it, most of the things he doesnt say there wrong he says "it confuses them before it helps them" or "it sets them back before it helps them" and alot of people who promote dogs don't like that so they call him out.. true john doesn't know everything, BUT HE KNOWS ALOT obviously.. his book should be used as a building block to warn you about things in the hound world.. but like i said im not callin you out, im just lettin you know how it is

Old Post 02-13-2010 11:24 PM
no_bablin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no_bablin Click here to Send no_bablin a Private Message Find more posts by no_bablin Add no_bablin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote