UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Newport RQE
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Newport RQE

I have been involved with registered dogs since 1980 I have been active with UKC events since 1984 I am really disappointed in our nite hunt events main problem which contributes to other problems is the lack of attendance last saturday my handler went to newport tn for a RQE 8 dogs were entered (ridiculous) the guide took the cast to a gated subdivison on top of a huge mtn cast the dog from the back yard
onto a bucket 40' inside the wood line (mind you this is a high income subdivison) 2 dogs babbled off chain judge/guide did nothing two dogs split treed just inside the wood line 2 dogs went deep and ended up on a high bluff and could have fallen to their deaths with a wrong step
during the cast the police was called because of the dogs the only coon seen was by the guides dog who treed on top of a 55 gallon drum feeder just off the back yard my handler could have guided to a grewat area with lots of coons open country with no chance of law enforcement getting involved or dogs being in danger of falling off a 200' bluff.
the buddy system is more prevelant than ever rules are being broken and bent just for the sake of getting a cast win
i belive UKC would be better off the revive the non hunting judge
shouldnt be to hard considering you only are having 1-3 casts at each hunt
I am afraid if things dont change attendance will fall even more
I will always support our sport which I love and I will always continue to take and teach youg people about this great sport
I feel like our HONOR Rules are falling by the wayside

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2019 03:30 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote