UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Bird Dog Cross
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Harris712
New UKC Forum Member

I have a litter of 4 on the ground right now if anyone is still interested in trying a gsp x walker hound. Male gsp is a great hunter with an exceptional nose and disposition. Female is a topper again breed dog and a finished lion and bobcat hound. I am likely keeping 2 so only 2 available 2 males 2 females. Call or text if interested 620-283-3736.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-01-2019 05:22 PM
Harris712 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Harris712 Click here to Send Harris712 a Private Message Click Here to Email Harris712 Find more posts by Harris712 Add Harris712 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Bird Dog x's

Know this is what I'm looking far and talking about. Has anybody tried Cocker or Brittney hound crosses? I hunted with a Cocker hound cross when I was younger. Best dog I was ever in the woods with. Good nose, open on ground enough, treed lay-ups, and quick on the ground. I'm 72 now and need something I can keep up with and handle.

Old Post 03-03-2019 08:48 AM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbilly boy
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bird Dog x's

I have heard that gsp or gwp can add speed and brain's with better handling to a good hound has that been anyone experience

Old Post 06-18-2019 11:00 PM
Hillbilly boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbilly boy Click here to Send Hillbilly boy a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbilly boy Find more posts by Hillbilly boy Add Hillbilly boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbilly boy
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bird Dog x's

I have heard that gsp or gwp can add speed and brain's with better handling to a good hound has that been anyone experience

Old Post 06-18-2019 11:00 PM
Hillbilly boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hillbilly boy Click here to Send Hillbilly boy a Private Message Click Here to Email Hillbilly boy Find more posts by Hillbilly boy Add Hillbilly boy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Cross Breds

GSP & GWP make them to big for what I like. Britney's and Cockers does the same things... adds Speed and Brains

Old Post 06-19-2019 02:28 AM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hillbilly boy
UKC Forum Member

Re: Cross Breds

quote:
Originally posted by Pastor Ed
GSP & GWP make them to big for what I like. Britney's and Cockers does the same things... adds Speed and Brains
I could see that but in our area we have a lot of coyote and fox so I thought a pointer x with one of the hound breeds could still be a tree dog but have more speed for fox and coyotes

Old Post 06-19-2019 02:35 AM
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Cross Breds

We have coyotes and fox plus bobcats and even some coyote x with red wolves. I still like mine smaller and I think quicker. I'm hunting a Stephens x Walker female right now that is the most athletic dog I've had in a long time and she has grit to burn. I've thought of trying her on Bear. I will breed her and raise a litter of pup before I do just in case. lol

Old Post 06-19-2019 11:32 AM
jathanjm
New UKC Forum Member

I have a Feist crossed on a Bird Dog for sale. if interested make me an offer. located in Wabash Indiana

Old Post 06-19-2019 04:10 PM
jathanjm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jathanjm Click here to Send jathanjm a Private Message Click Here to Email jathanjm Find more posts by jathanjm Add jathanjm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wade B.
UKC Forum Member

If you're breeding to a bird dog for anything more than winding ability then you're over looking what's already to be found in current squirrel dogs whether curs or feists. I know a feist, used to own him, sprinkled with bird dog, and has the best winding nose you'll find!

Old Post 07-08-2019 03:34 AM
Wade B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wade B. Click here to Send Wade B. a Private Message Click Here to Email Wade B. Find more posts by Wade B. Add Wade B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wade B.
UKC Forum Member

Proven reproducer too

Old Post 07-08-2019 03:38 AM
Wade B. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wade B. Click here to Send Wade B. a Private Message Click Here to Email Wade B. Find more posts by Wade B. Add Wade B. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote