UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Plott Dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Plott Dogs

Just wondering how many Plott dogs there are. They are scarce around me. Know of one guy that raises them. Are they more prominent in other areas? Please don't turn this into a bash Plotts post.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2020 01:15 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Tom there is a guy that has shown a male plot at ada the last 2 yrs and he is the best looking best put together hound I have ever seen I don’t know the guy.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2020 02:02 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Plott

Lot of Plott dogs here in western NC and east Tennessee but they are used for bear hunting 99 percent of the time. Gritty and tough hounds that will catch a bear and make it climb.

Old Post 07-08-2020 02:24 AM
Coal295 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

We have 2 that we comp hunt. There are 2 other guys i know in MS that competition hunt them. They are definitely few and far in between. When your pool of dogs is small the pool of ones that are good enough to haul to town is even smaller.

Old Post 07-08-2020 05:34 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Plott

Good looking young hound Mike! You hunt out of the saddle regular?

Old Post 07-08-2020 08:38 PM
Coal295 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Saddle

Always thought that would make for an enjoyable night in the woods- kinda adds a whole nother element to it- neat stuff!

Old Post 07-08-2020 09:33 PM
Mike Reynolds
UKC Forum Member

Re: Plott

quote:
Originally posted by Coal295
Good looking young hound Mike! You hunt out of the saddle regular?

Thanks and Sorry I mis-read your question the 1st time I replied. I hunt on mules about half the time right now. 2-3 times a week I guess.

Old Post 07-09-2020 04:14 AM
Mike Reynolds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Reynolds Click here to Send Mike Reynolds a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Reynolds Find more posts by Mike Reynolds Add Mike Reynolds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

There are a few that hit the hunts around here.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 07-09-2020 05:44 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike Reynolds

Good looking dog, great looking mule and saddle. I wish I lived in a place that I could coon hunt with mules, not many places in these mountains to hunt off of a mule. Dave

Old Post 07-09-2020 06:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Hillenbrand
UKC Forum Member

Plott

Great picture. I have hunted with some really nice Plotts. Best way I can describe them is "strictly business".

Old Post 07-09-2020 12:53 PM
Ed Hillenbrand is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Hillenbrand Click here to Send Ed Hillenbrand a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Hillenbrand Find more posts by Ed Hillenbrand Add Ed Hillenbrand to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking young hound. Looks to be pretty calm as well in that pic. I like a hound that will leave on the run when turned loose to hunt but is calm and quiet on the leash.

The nicest plot I ever hunted with was Dual Gr. Ch. Purcell’s Gambit Owned by Mickey Purcell out of Eastern Massachusetts. Gambit had a huge bawl mouth that rolled into a rhythmic ringing chop on tree. Both owner and dog were two of the nicest I ever went with on a competition hunt. Not sure what the breeding was........on the dog.......or the man!🤣

Funny how those good hunts will stick in your mind. That was in early May of 1978. Lot a water been under the bridge since!

Old Post 07-09-2020 03:18 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote