UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > houses lipper
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
elvis
UKC Forum Member

in my opinion lipper threw the breed back ten years.
5000 pups and 97% culls.the only dogs directly off lipper that i ever thought were good dogs were off females that produced good pups no matter what they were bred to.
how the heck he ever got that many pups on the ground with a p.a.d like his,ill never know.
everyone has an opinion and thats mine.
but i will say this. some people i have the utmost respect for and know more about coondogs and coonhunting than i will ever know,absolutely swore by lipper and his pups.
i guess it just goes to show that if we all liked the same things,the life of a coonhunter would be dull .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-17-2006 04:31 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & Michelle...

quote:
Originally posted by wkfii
MAYBE, I HAVE TO CHECK MY PEDS. THE MEMORARY IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. WITH HOUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ANYWAY.

lol,,i know about the memory thing,,lol

maybe this female of mine can jog your memory,,lol

..........gr nt ch 'pr' house's clint (tom tom)
.......gr nt ch gr ch 'pr' guess' deanwood drifter
..........nt ch gr ch 'pr' guess ky super sally ll
....ch gr nt ch 'pr' welch's drifting floyd
..........gr nt ch gr ch 'pr' houses lipper(house clint)
.......lippers renegade lady
..........gr ch gr nt ch 'pr' neosho riv renegade(neosho riv.jet)
.. fullhouse hazel
..........gr nt ch 'pr' house's lawyer ( lipper)
.......gr nt ch 'pr' conger's lawtoo
..........'pr' house's bell ( clint x tom female)
....'pr' saylor's cruzen samantha
...........gr nt ch 'pr' house's cruze ( clint )
.......'pr' house's cruz brandy
...........gr nt ch'pr' collin's ohio lisa ( houses hank- tom tom )

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 10-17-2006 04:37 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & Michelle...

quote:
MAYBE, I HAVE TO CHECK MY PEDS. THE MEMORARY IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. WITH HOUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ANYWAY.

You are right, Judy was Clint's mother. Clint was by Tom Tom by Kentucky Judy. That Queen Lou had a funny looking head.

Member of the NAADP

Track and Tree with Accuracy and Determination.

Old Post 10-17-2006 09:03 PM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

wouldnt the rexs dog be a full brother looks like
somebody would cross back on some of his blood

Last edited by Lee Currens Jr. on 10-17-2006 at 10:50 PM

Old Post 10-17-2006 10:38 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by blueticking: it
wouldnt the rexs dog be a full brother looks like
somebody would cross back on some of his blood

To be honest, most of the good Lipper hounds were crossed with a good female. In many circles, Deanwood Drifter is held in higher esteem. Like I said, Queen Lou had a funny looking head.

Member of the NAADP

Old Post 10-17-2006 10:54 PM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

i will take tom tom over dean wood drifter

Old Post 10-17-2006 11:12 PM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

quote:
i will take tom tom over dean wood drifter

I can see that. What do you think about the change in the look of House's hounds after that cross to Queen Lou?

Member of the NAADP

Old Post 10-17-2006 11:14 PM
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

quote:
I can see that. What do you think about the change in the look of House's hounds after that cross to Queen Lou?

i would say if you look back at past world show dogs
they looked good.tara 2 was straight off lipper and
was the role model for walker dogs breed stand
for 3-4 yrs.ky river boomer was out of her and
is the worlds youngest world champ.

Old Post 10-17-2006 11:21 PM
larrypoe
Banned

quote:
Like I said, Queen Lou had a funny looking head.

Think I saw that same head in a Lipper daughter. GRNTCH Sac River Fancy. Kinda narrow and long. She was the best daughter I ever saw out of Lipper though. Quick on both ends. Man she could drive a track. Hard hard tree dog.

She was one of those dogs you had to hunt down to keep them looking good. Im talking 5 or 6 hard nights a week. The stereotype Lipper dog at the time. High-strung.

When she was on, you couldn't beat her. When she wasn't, you wanted to beat her.

Old Post 10-17-2006 11:55 PM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hiphop
UKC Forum Member

I have one with that strange long lipper head, typical lipper dog just the way larry described her. She 's more like his pups than alot of his direct pups

Old Post 10-18-2006 01:16 AM
Hiphop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hiphop Click here to Send Hiphop a Private Message Click Here to Email Hiphop Find more posts by Hiphop Add Hiphop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Lipper

I had a good source tell me that Queen Lou was the kind of gyp that ran the pen in circles nonstop. Neurotic acting . He said thats where the high strung stuff came from. I know some of the Lipper bred dogs do have that long narrow snout . Matter of fact I own one like that . But in her day I would put her against any dog in the country and have hunted her with some pretty darn good ones and she has held her own. She'll be 11 years old in April of next year and 3 nights ago she went right by a 5 year old that hung up slick and took the track on and treed a big boar coon while a 18 month old male dog was running a coyote right by her and she never budged . Treed the only coon we seen . And oh yeah ....she's a little hyper. But she has always been like the one fellow said ....quick on both ends. I know one thing ...I wish I had another one just like her when she was younger !!
Her daddy was Inbred Lipper ....... Houses Lipper X Lippers Kate(Lippers daughter)
The first pic was taken about 3weeks ago and the second one about 3 years ago I think.

Of course I have to say ....Her mother was a GR.Nt grandaughter of River Bend Flag and she was a born natural tree dog

Last edited by Jeff H. on 10-18-2006 at 03:06 AM

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:01 AM
Jeff H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff H. Click here to Send Jeff H. a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff H. Add Jeff H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M Gusse
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by larrypoe
Think I saw that same head in a Lipper daughter. GRNTCH Sac River Fancy. Kinda narrow and long. She was the best daughter I ever saw out of Lipper though. Quick on both ends. Man she could drive a track. Hard hard tree dog.

She was one of those dogs you had to hunt down to keep them looking good. Im talking 5 or 6 hard nights a week. The stereotype Lipper dog at the time. High-strung.

When she was on, you couldn't beat her. When she wasn't, you wanted to beat her.

The nights I seen her go we wanted to beat her. I think I have the right female here, she was bred to Nailor I believe. The Ultimate Brutis was out of her if its the same gyp.

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:23 AM
M Gusse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M Gusse Click here to Send M Gusse a Private Message Click Here to Email M Gusse Find more posts by M Gusse Add M Gusse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff H.
I had a good source tell me that Queen Lou was the kind of gyp that ran the pen in circles nonstop. Neurotic acting . He said thats where the high strung stuff came from. I know some of the Lipper bred dogs do have that long narrow snout . Matter of fact I own one like that . But in her day I would put her against any dog in the country and have hunted her with some pretty darn good ones and she has held her own. She'll be 11 years old in April of next year and 3 nights ago she went right by a 5 year old that hung up slick and took the track on and treed a big boar coon while a 18 month old male dog was running a coyote right by her and she never budged . Treed the only coon we seen . And oh yeah ....she's a little hyper. But she has always been like the one fellow said ....quick on both ends. I know one thing ...I wish I had another one just like her when she was younger !!
Her daddy was Inbred Lipper ....... Houses Lipper X Lippers Kate(Lippers daughter)
The first pic was taken about 3weeks ago and the second one about 3 years ago I think.

Of course I have to say ....Her mother was a GR.Nt grandaughter of River Bend Flag and she was a born natural tree dog

I bet she was out of Ozark's Lip

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:23 AM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

Jeff i had a dog out of clint and a beaver lake dog
on the bottom.
the whole litter was hyper and most made
some type of dog

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:29 AM
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Lipper

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Boyette
I bet she was out of Ozark's Lip

Yep!! ...out of Gr Nt Skee's Dixie who was by Swift Creek Magnum (a direct son of Flag)

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:30 AM
Jeff H. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff H. Click here to Send Jeff H. a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff H. Add Jeff H. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Yep!!

quote:
Jeff i had a dog out of clint and a beaver lake dog
on the bottom.
the whole litter was hyper and most made
some type of dog

This bitch of mine just LOVES to get turned loose to TREE Coons . She absolutely lives for it . When she knows you are going to load some dogs to go she just flips. She has settled of course with her age and is the best calmest dog in the kennel until you bring the light out and she just freaks . I have hunted her for 9-10 years and I very seldom ever cut her loose that she don't tree a coon .

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:41 AM
zapper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lipper

quote:

Old Post 10-18-2006 03:47 AM
zapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zapper Click here to Send zapper a Private Message Click Here to Email zapper Find more posts by zapper Add zapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Zapper

Mix you some Flag blood with that Lipper semen and I'll call you anything you want me to!!

I saved your # but I actually have my name on a list already for a Rank gyp pup out of a Gr Nt Gunslinger female .

We'll see what happens

Old Post 10-18-2006 04:01 AM
larrypoe
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by M Gusse
The nights I seen her go we wanted to beat her. I think I have the right female here, she was bred to Nailor I believe. The Ultimate Brutis was out of her if its the same gyp.

Sure was. Thats the same gyp. I kicked the first 5 or so coons out that Brutis and his brother ever saw. Hunted a sister to them also. Im Fancy Too was her name. I was there the night she treed her first coon, the first night we took her.

Randy Abney owned her and finished her to GRNTCH. He is the one who bred her to Nailer. She spent the rest of her heat cycle in my kennel after she was bred to him. Randy was afraid she would get with something else at his house, as his pens werent very good.

I hunted with Randy for almost a year. I saw Fancy go from pup to tree dog. We hunted her and my Pride dog togather all that time, and rode around to the hunts togather.

Like I said, you absolutly had to hunt that dog down. I meen hunt her like you were trying to kill her. 5-6 hours a night 5-6 nights a week. Put her up for a couple days, and she ran around like a crazy dog. Wired 440 was an understatement.

Keep her hunted and you couldnt beat her on either end. When she won, she usualy had 1st and 1st on every coon. This was WAY before the minute rule. They were scratched for the first loose bark.

Old Post 10-18-2006 02:58 PM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zapper
UKC Forum Member

Re: houses lipper

quote:
Originally posted by michelle
im new to all this i heard that houses lipper was a good dog he is my dog grandad could any one tell me what happened to himand how old or is there a web sit e on him
GRNTCH HOUSES LIPPER DIED DEC. 26TH , 1995 IN KY. A LIMITED AMOUNT OF STRAWS OF FROZEN SEMEN REMAIN.THESE STRAWS AND LIPPERS OFFSPRING ARE ALL THAT REMAIN OF THE LEGACY OF THIS TREEING WALKER LEGEND.

Old Post 10-18-2006 06:15 PM
zapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zapper Click here to Send zapper a Private Message Click Here to Email zapper Find more posts by zapper Add zapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff H.
UKC Forum Member

Zapper

Where are you located ??

Old Post 10-18-2006 09:15 PM
zapper
UKC Forum Member

Re: Zapper

quote:
Where are you located ??
KENDALLVILLE,INDIANA (NORTH EASTERN)260-318-1672

Old Post 10-18-2006 09:56 PM
zapper
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-19-2006 11:16 AM
Riverbend
UKC Forum Member

WANT FEMALES DO YOU HAVE BREED TO THE LIPPER SEMEN AND WILL YOU SELL ANY

Old Post 10-19-2006 11:29 AM
Riverbend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbend Click here to Send Riverbend a Private Message Click Here to Email Riverbend Find more posts by Riverbend Add Riverbend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zapper
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Riverbend
WANT FEMALES DO YOU HAVE BREED TO THE LIPPER SEMEN AND WILL YOU SELL ANY
I DONT HAVE ANY FEMALES FOR SALE. I AM GOING TO BREED ONE MORE FEMALE TO GRNTCH HOUSES LIPPER SEMEN IN NOVEMBER.I WILL POST AFTER I DO THE BREEDING.

Old Post 10-19-2006 05:52 PM