UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Indiana Shep
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Chance, I would like to hunt with Lumber sometime.....
I would like to meet you, and talk dogs.
219-326-7907, Call anytime,I 'll try and bring something that will tree a coon.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-09-2011 01:27 AM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Lumber is the only pup on this earth out of Shep and also the only one out of Gabby.

Old Post 04-09-2011 05:10 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis
Lumber is the only pup on this earth out of Shep and also the only one out of Gabby.

WoW!!!!!

How 's it going Marv?This is a special pup.

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 04-09-2011 01:20 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber

I hope to have a female when Russ decides to breed him.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-10-2011 at 05:44 AM

Old Post 04-09-2011 10:33 PM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

btt

btt

Last edited by II Chance on 04-14-2011 at 02:30 PM

Old Post 04-13-2011 04:43 AM
II Chance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for II Chance Click here to Send II Chance a Private Message Find more posts by II Chance Add II Chance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber

Lumber, is going through some good changes. He and Braxton doin' great. Lumber and Braxton are in the woods every night possible, under sup!

Last edited by II Chance on 04-17-2011 at 03:06 PM

Old Post 04-17-2011 02:30 PM
Roger Land
UKC Forum Member

envy

I wish i had good friends like you do. I have been searching for a good young dog for years and have enough to buy and still cannot get any locals to hook me up. I am either an ###hole or they want their dogs in more of a competition hunters hands, not really sure. I am truely envyous of not only the caliber of dog you are hunting but the respect you must have of your fellow hunters. GOOD LUCK with LUMBER while you have him.

Old Post 04-17-2011 04:47 PM
Roger Land is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Land Click here to Send Roger Land a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Land Add Roger Land to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Have Fun

9:00 pm and Braxton is saying, are you ready to go to the woods now? See ya'll LATER!

Last edited by II Chance on 04-18-2011 at 07:24 PM

Old Post 04-18-2011 02:03 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Just me and Lumber tonite

Lumber treed the biggest coon i think i have ever seen tonight. I stopped at an S curve on a country road, got Lumber out an started walking down a fence row. Lumber started whineing like he had just wind a coon. I reached down to unsnap him and say, CUT! he is gone! the race was on in about 30 seconds. This is a huge section for my area. After about 2 or 3 minutes, I thought oh no dam this track can't be good, but he is mouthing the ground, if it was a deer he would be barking and running by wind. He took the track to the east side of the woods i was looking at, it's a ways back there, he went through it and circled to the west. Theres another woods over a quarter mile north west, so i am thinking if this is a coon it's gota go up in there. Lumber took the track by this woods and is burning ground, now i am thinking dam i know this can't be good. My Garmin GPS says Lumber is .7 mi northwest and still moving, I can't here him now for the rain and wind. Now I am getting pissed. I Had just called Russ, before I turned lose and he said call him back when Lumber gets one treed. I was in there pretty deep by now and I see The Garmin says he is circleling back my direction. great! I get to a tree line running west to east and he making his way to the tree line still burning ground. He turns down the tree line coming my direction, I cross the tree line. I am taking my lead strap off and getting ready for a good session of what the H_ _ _ are you doing. Lumber piles on a tree, I call Russ, Now Russ heres him on the cell phone. Lumber is seeming out Chops and I say to myself goodness I don't know how he can have any breath left to tree with. I say ok Russ he is a Burner! yes? call you back later. I am at the tree now and starting to shine and then I see why Lumber is treeing on a bush next to the tree I am shinning. Wholly crap it looks like he has a bear up a bush. I can see her tits, she is just above me, this his the biggest dang coon I ever saw. Got my A_ _ back out from under her, she is pissed!!! I get Lumber on a lead, tied back and she bales out. Let her go! Sure gald he treed when he did! I like this hound a lot and he is very affectionate to me, I can just show him a folded lead and I think he understands he has done wrong. What a nite! Lumber treed three more singles on the outside and a den, Lumber and I quit when the rain strom hit about 1:30 AM. Lumber will be on his way, in a couple weeks MAYBE. I have some well bred (BELLAR BRED) pups to keep me busy.

Last edited by II Chance on 04-22-2011 at 07:39 AM

Old Post 04-19-2011 09:10 AM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Wednesday Night out with R. Bellar & Lumber

Showing the owner of a business is usually, do this or do that or a _ _ chewing. Not with Lumber, Russ picked Braxton and me up and we drove about two mile. We parked I got Lumber out of Russ' dog box, we walk about 30 feet and I unsnapped him.CUT! He's gone alike a bullet. He gets in there about 1/4 mile and strikes, just a few chops and he comes treed. We get back there, Lumber is Hammering away, has a coon up a sky scraper cotton wood tree. Russ smiles and chuckles and says your getting him right, I say yep he's a BURNER, coming along great. The Boss is a hard man to please when it comes to getting a hound in condition to please him. It was like this all night with Lumber, unsnap lead, say Cut! Then go to him treed. He has made some major changes in a very short time. The owner is pleased and Braxton and I are happy too. Lumber treed three on the outside and a den and we call it quits for the night, gota get Braxton home, he has school in the morning. I am really pleased with my showing of Lumber! I am so glad I have got to handle this amazing young hound, it will be hard if we have to separate. This is no juiced up story boys! I can show him in the woods, with my managers Russ and Marv's ok!

Last edited by II Chance on 04-22-2011 at 02:37 AM

Old Post 04-21-2011 12:49 PM
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber and Me, Buddies

Last edited by II Chance on 04-22-2011 at 02:38 AM

Old Post 04-22-2011 02:36 AM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Russel said he looked good last nite and he must have cause hes headed back up to hunt with him again tonite.
Youve done a good job with him Chance.

Marv

Last edited by elvis on 04-22-2011 at 03:19 AM

Old Post 04-22-2011 03:17 AM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

dang e he is a good looking potlicker,,,,,,,,,,,, you and russ holding out on us ?

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 04-22-2011 04:59 AM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
II Chance
UKC Forum Member

Lumber

Thanks to all the forums members who pm me to keep them updated on Lumber's progress. I'm done boring others, writing about Lumbers hunts.
Special Thanks to all!!!!!

Last edited by II Chance on 04-23-2011 at 12:45 PM

Old Post 04-23-2011 05:29 AM
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lumber

quote:
Originally posted by II Chance
Thanks to all the forums members who pm me to keep them updated on Lumber's progress. I'm done boring others, writing about Lumbers hunts.
Special Thanks to all!!!!!

Chance
Those that are bored with it dont need to read it.
Post on my friend.

Old Post 04-24-2011 07:31 AM
Justin Smith
Banned

yeah , please keep posting ....

Old Post 04-24-2011 02:30 PM
Justin Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justin Smith Click here to Send Justin Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Justin Smith Add Justin Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Russ is pumped about this dog. He and Chance hunted till 3 this morning and treed a bunch of coon, im thinkin he said 16.
Lumber just needed a buddy to take him hunting and Chance came out of retirement at the right time. They are making a fine team.

Old Post 04-24-2011 04:52 PM
mucket
UKC Forum Member

I-KEEP-UP-WITH-THIS-ONE,KEEP-UP-GOOD-WORK!

Old Post 04-24-2011 08:59 PM
mucket is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mucket Click here to Send mucket a Private Message Visit mucket's homepage! Find more posts by mucket Add mucket to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trackdownknls
UKC Forum Member

Re: I Like LOUD Track Drive'n Hounds U bet

quote:
Originally posted by II Chance
--------- Gr Nite Ch Owens' Hardwood Bozo
--- Gr Nite Ch Hardwood Buster
~~~~* Mark's Kaw River Bell ? ~~~* Kaw River Chief off House's Chief
Nite Ch Flatrock Coma
-------- Gr Nite Ch River Bend Flag
--- Nite Ch Nickens' Flat Rock Sheena
-------- Rocky Valley Candy

---------------NTCH Flatrock Coma
------------GRNTCH Stylish Coma
----------------NTCH Stylish Dolly
-----NTCH Deventer's Hog Creek Mike
----------------GRNTCH Nocturnal Nailor
------------'PR' Deventer's Hammerin' Hanna????Some of Shep here??
----------------NTCH Murrow's Slam Duncken Sally
WLDNTCH Janis Joplin
----------------'PR' Deventer's Mork
------------'PR' Deventer's Dan
----------------'PR' Gabbard's Dusty
-----NTCH Deventer's Katey
----------------GRNTCH Nocturnal Nailor
------------'PR' Deventer's Hammerin' Hanna
----------------NTCH Murrow's Slam Dunken Sally

( Currently ) I have found there is a lot more Shep descendants out there than I realized. This is great, I just knew he would Reproduce! I thought about The Shep often when I heard other hunters talking about coonhunting or browse Full Cry or American Cooner mags that I would find on other tradesmen's tool boxes ,while I worked in the Chrysler plant. All ways had that burn for coon hounds even when i didn't have a one.

I WAS WONDERING IS THIS BREEDING GOING TO HAPPEN?

Old Post 07-13-2011 10:35 PM
trackdownknls is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trackdownknls Click here to Send trackdownknls a Private Message Click Here to Email trackdownknls Find more posts by trackdownknls Add trackdownknls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

Lumber was owned by Jerry. At the time I hunted with Lumber as a kid, Jerry was living in Holland. Lumber was a good one. I got to hunt with him quite a few times. My friend Steve Kurtz had a pup out of him that he called Little Lumber, was a pretty nice hound too, Finished him out pretty easily in the nite hunts as I recall. He did have a thyroid issue, but other than that the dog was nice.

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 07-14-2011 01:19 AM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Any females scattered around out there off of ole shep!?

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 03-18-2018 06:50 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Bellars Shep Females

I may have some. Penney was bred to Shep semen and also Psycho semen on the same day. She had 8 pups, 2 males and 6 females. DNA swabs were sent in and I should have results back before Walker Days. Does anyone have any pictures of Shep? These pups are bold, beautiful and tree for treats.

Old Post 03-18-2018 08:04 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: Bellars Shep Females

Very nice! I am glad to hear this!

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
I may have some. Penney was bred to Shep semen and also Psycho semen on the same day. She had 8 pups, 2 males and 6 females. DNA swabs were sent in and I should have results back before Walker Days. Does anyone have any pictures of Shep? These pups are bold, beautiful and tree for treats.

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 03-18-2018 08:41 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

II Chance, do you have any pictures of that dog? I would like to see what he looks like.. Thanks

Old Post 03-19-2018 12:49 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

No I'm serious, I want to see a picture of that dog......

Old Post 03-19-2018 02:18 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote