UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > best hunting light on the market
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
olie_7002
UKC Forum Member

best hunting light on the market

I've gone through all the old posts and they are all 4 or 5 years old and I have to think there is new and better lights out there. What is the best lighting u can get for hunting. My wife is wanting to get it for me for my birthday. So I begrudgingly accepted. Lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-24-2015 08:42 PM
olie_7002 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for olie_7002 Click here to Send olie_7002 a Private Message Click Here to Email olie_7002 Find more posts by olie_7002 Add olie_7002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nickolas Smith
New UKC Forum Member

laser torch lights

Give Bobby a call he will do you right. Good guy and best lights out there. Bobby Barber (337) 463-9348

Old Post 05-24-2015 09:32 PM
Nickolas Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nickolas Smith Click here to Send Nickolas Smith a Private Message Find more posts by Nickolas Smith Add Nickolas Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

If your in thick dence rough timber I like the boss triple threat but if your in open woods and fields boss 3d hd will satisfy your needs and above and beyond top lights inthe market they have the best cust service ! Period!!nuff said

Old Post 05-24-2015 10:27 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Stanley Fat Max at walmart. bout $50 or $60

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 05-24-2015 10:39 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

i like that stanley fat max too. i'm on my third one now. the problem with them is that you have to hold them and that takes one of my hands when i neeed to hold a compass, a lead, a gps and whatever. i've just got my led belt light out and will start taking it again and use whenever i have to go to the dogs. otherwise i use the hand held.

Old Post 05-25-2015 04:52 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

if

you want the brightest cap light out there the Moonshiner Reveneur HO is your ticket...

Old Post 05-25-2015 12:05 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dale Young
UKC Forum Member

Sunfire
Cajun
Boss
brighteyes
Laser torch
just a few to look at.
Hope she wasn't thinking a new flashlight .
$200 are nice and get nicer the closer u get to $300.
Brightest are in the 100,000 lux range + or - and are led's.

Old Post 05-25-2015 03:09 PM
Dale Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dale Young Click here to Send Dale Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Dale Young Find more posts by Dale Young Add Dale Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hopm
UKC Forum Member

I bought one of the best I have used off Amazon a while back. It is light....bright....holds a charge for a long period....and best of all it was 70 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/KohreeŽ-80000...+hunting+lights

Looks very similar to this with helmet.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928398873

I have been very pleased with the overall value.

Old Post 05-25-2015 05:41 PM
hopm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hopm Click here to Send hopm a Private Message Find more posts by hopm Add hopm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

I have the Laser Torch Pro with color. Went with a guy who has the Sunfire Ultra HD.. I will be getting the HD!!

Old Post 05-25-2015 08:04 PM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

ScottCK 6

Good choice & decision. Love mine. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 05-25-2015 08:20 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rufusblue
UKC Forum Member

Light

They have a newer one than the HD that's brighter and has two colors
It's called the Sunspot Horizon made by the same guy that makes the Sunfire HD.

CoonHound Logistics
Wendell McCool

Last edited by rufusblue on 05-25-2015 at 09:37 PM

Old Post 05-25-2015 09:34 PM
rufusblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rufusblue Click here to Send rufusblue a Private Message Find more posts by rufusblue Add rufusblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croatankid
UKC Forum Member

hopm, i added that light to my favorites. my stanley is getting a little age on her. when it's time, i'm gonna get one of those from amazon. thanks for the tip.

Old Post 05-26-2015 02:53 AM
croatankid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for croatankid Click here to Send croatankid a Private Message Click Here to Email croatankid Find more posts by croatankid Add croatankid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

The newest Stanley fat max is 22,000 lumens and is $50. But I don't know how to compare lumens and lux, and candles, and on and on. LOL

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 05-26-2015 03:32 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hopm
I bought one of the best I have used off Amazon a while back. It is light....bright....holds a charge for a long period....and best of all it was 70 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/KohreeŽ-80000...+hunting+lights

Looks very similar to this with helmet.

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928398873

I have been very pleased with the overall value.

I have one of these for a backup light not crazy about the switch and the lowest setting is still way too bright for getting a coon to look. But for the money I would say really nice light . My main light is a laser torch pro but after hunting with several people who had the new sunfire I'll be getting one of those soon

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:02 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ScottCK 6
I have the Laser Torch Pro with color. Went with a guy who has the Sunfire Ultra HD.. I will be getting the HD!!
You might wanna order you the ultra horizon,,rated at 135,000 to 140,000 luxes

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:04 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsamuels
UKC Forum Member

Hotspot light from boss. I absolutely love it and would recommend to anyone.conkeys sales them.

Old Post 05-26-2015 05:39 AM
jsamuels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsamuels Click here to Send jsamuels a Private Message Find more posts by jsamuels Add jsamuels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahallada
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
I have one of these for a backup light not crazy about the switch and the lowest setting is still way too bright for getting a coon to look. But for the money I would say really nice light . My main light is a laser torch pro but after hunting with several people who had the new sunfire I'll be getting one of those soon

Hey Jeff,
Do you use the red lens on that back up light? Can't imagine the lowest setting using that lens is too much light?

I'm not a fan of too much light. You don't need that much light to find a coon anyways. In fact too much light when the leaves are on washes everything out. Better to have a spotlight if you need to blast a tree. I carried one for years, but rarely used it. Give me a nice even pattern that can go wide and an amber or red lens and I can find 99% of them.

Current:

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Cat Scratch Fever
(Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Aftershock x Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Breanna)
2016 Finished to PKC Ch. in one week!

Dual Grand Champion CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Glissens JJ Jr. x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Billy Jean)
4 Generations of All Grand Nite Champions!
Timber Jack 3X and Timber Chopper over 30X
2019 Southern National Redbone Days Champion
2016 National Grand Nite Champion Redbone
2016 CHKC Redbone Days Champion
2016 PKC Super Stakes Reserve Champion
2016 CHKC Elite Shootout Winner - Texas
CHKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

Bodacious
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch.PKC. Gold Ch.CHKC CH. Outlaw G-Man x Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. CHKC Ch., PKC Gold Ch. Classy Cali)

Past:
Gr.Nt.Ch.Ch. Dawns Timber Jack
1988 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner
1989 UKC World Champion Redbone
1989 Purina Outstanding Redbone Coonhound
#2 Historic Redbone Sire/ Top 20 All Breeds
American Redbone Coonhound Assoc. Hall of Fame

Gr.Nt.Ch. Bussrow Bottom Brandy II
1991 American Redbone Days Champion
1992 AKC World Champion Redbone
1992 ACHA World Champion Redbone
1992 Wisconsin State Champion
1994 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex
Produced 2 Nt. Ch. , 1 Gr.Nt.Ch. out of 2 litters and two Redbone Days Winners

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. PKC Gold Ch. Layton's Classy Cali
2012 UKC World Champion Redbone and 7th Place Overall
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 UKC World Champion Redbone Female
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - Goodsprings, AL
2015 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Series Race - 3rd Place Overall
2016 PKC Blue Ribbon Pro Hunt Winner - New Albany, MS
2016 PKC Texas State Race Winner
2016 PKC Redbone Breed Race Winner
PKC All Time Money Winning Redbone

PKC Ch. Gr.Nt.Ch. Coffman's Smokin Red Buck
2016 UKC World Hunt 5th Place and World Champion Redbone
2016 National Redbone Days Overall Winner

Gr.Nt.Ch. Reinhart's Central Page
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Brandy II)

Gr.Nt.Ch. Too the Maxx
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Jenkins Crying Katie)
1992 National Redbone Days Champion

Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Ambraw River Rock
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack x Gr.Ch.Nt.Ch. Hersh's Huntin Red Kate)
1992 US Redbone Days Opposite Sex

Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle
1986 American Redbone Days All Red Hunt Winner

Nt.Ch. Timber Mace
(Gr.Nt.Ch. Timber Jack X Nt.Ch. Tree Bustin Annabelle)
Mother of Gr.Nt.Ch. Babb's Hazel

Nt. Ch. Timber Shock
(Gr.Nt.Ch.Timber Jack x Gr.Nt.Ch. Outlaw Jessie)

Gr. Ch. Nt. Ch. Squaw Mountain Goldie
(Direct Daughter of Gr.Nt.Ch.Smokey Mountain Brandy)
1990 Autumn Oaks Best of Show Winner
1988 Indiana State Champion

Old Post 05-26-2015 07:02 AM
ahallada is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahallada Click here to Send ahallada a Private Message Click Here to Email ahallada Find more posts by ahallada Add ahallada to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ScottCK 6
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jrkb2012
You might wanna order you the ultra horizon,,rated at 135,000 to 140,000 luxes
Does it have the same sunlight color as the HD. Thanks

Old Post 05-26-2015 11:04 AM
ScottCK 6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ScottCK 6 Click here to Send ScottCK 6 a Private Message Click Here to Email ScottCK 6 Find more posts by ScottCK 6 Add ScottCK 6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJB6
UKC Forum Member

Sunfire

Good Lord now I gotta new light!!!!!

Old Post 05-26-2015 01:43 PM
NJB6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NJB6 Click here to Send NJB6 a Private Message Click Here to Email NJB6 Find more posts by NJB6 Add NJB6 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyler Vaden
UKC Forum Member

Boss Hotspot 3D with laser. You get a super bright off white LED with the colors red and green for eye and bugs. The laser will point it out to anyone.

Old Post 05-26-2015 02:26 PM
Tyler Vaden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyler Vaden Click here to Send Tyler Vaden a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyler Vaden Find more posts by Tyler Vaden Add Tyler Vaden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ahallada
Hey Jeff,
Do you use the red lens on that back up light? Can't imagine the lowest setting using that lens is too much light?

I'm not a fan of too much light. You don't need that much light to find a coon anyways. In fact too much light when the leaves are on washes everything out. Better to have a spotlight if you need to blast a tree. I carried one for years, but rarely used it. Give me a nice even pattern that can go wide and an amber or red lens and I can find 99% of them.

Mine came off ebay and didn't come with red lens.
It's still super bright on the low setting . Not a huge difference between high , medium and low .if someone was on a tight budget I'd sure recommend this light though. Stays up a few nights and in the winter I just blast the tree anyway works great plenty bright . I think I'll try and find a pop cover for it and try it .

Old Post 05-26-2015 04:58 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OisinBauer
New UKC Forum Member

Re: Light

quote:
Originally posted by rufusblue
They have a newer one than the HD that's brighter and has two colors
It's called the Sunspot Horizon made by the same guy that makes the Sunfire HD.

Thanks you

Old Post 12-02-2021 01:45 AM
OisinBauer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OisinBauer Click here to Send OisinBauer a Private Message Click Here to Email OisinBauer Visit OisinBauer's homepage! Find more posts by OisinBauer Add OisinBauer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

In my opinion the best light on the market is the Hellcat Maxx FDE edition from Superior Hunting Lights available at Nitehunters.com
The Hellkitten is also a great light and you can also purchase a battery life tester to let you know how much charge you have left. Superior Hunting Lights is the first to offer a stand alone battery life tester. Here is a YouTube video on all 3 products I mentioned.

Here is the video link

https://youtu.be/J9mIeLDiTn4

Quality American made products

Last edited by J.R.__Ratliff on 12-02-2021 at 11:08 AM

Old Post 12-02-2021 10:58 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OisinBauer
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J.R.__Ratliff
In my opinion the best light on the market is the Hellcat Maxx FDE edition from Superior Hunting Lights available at Nitehunters.com
The Hellkitten is also a great light and you can also purchase a battery life tester to let you know how much charge you have left. Superior Hunting Lights is the first to offer a stand alone battery life tester. Here is a YouTube video on all 3 products I mentioned.

Here is the video link

Thanks for your recommendation @J.R.__Ratliff! Have you ever used a GOODSMANN Rechargeable 4500? I was reading this guide https://deerhuntingfield.com/best-hunting-spotlights/ and the author recommended the GOODSMANN Rechargeable.

Old Post 12-02-2021 11:58 AM
OisinBauer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OisinBauer Click here to Send OisinBauer a Private Message Click Here to Email OisinBauer Visit OisinBauer's homepage! Find more posts by OisinBauer Add OisinBauer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J.R.__Ratliff

Here is the video link

I agree with J.R. Ratliff.....
Superior Lights are hands down the Best Lights being made.
I have used their Lights for 10 years & never had the first issue with any of them......I can't say that about several other Brands of Lights.
My taste has changed on what I like in a Light as far as options go, But Dependability is my main requirement.
I BUY alot of different Lights and most get Sold or given away....But I ALWAYS have a Superior Light hanging in my garage.
They build Lights that are Top Shelf & Customer Service is 2nd to None.
Simply the Best....!!!
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 12-02-2021 12:47 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote