UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Specks coon.

Specks coon from last night.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2014 06:18 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

tonights hunt

Mr. B H Patterson came again and made a round with me tonight. We went down to my son, Shane in Chatawa along the Tangiphoa river. We had Speck, Bo and Max. They hit a bad track and worked it up the river bumping on a tree here and there but never settling. After almost an hour Max located and Speck backed him and then Bo put in. They were treed up a huge old oak with a bunch of big vines going into it. We could see it good from only one spot but couldn't make him look. They hit another sorry track after we recut them but couldn't do anything with it. Until next time, Good Hunting!

Old Post 04-26-2014 05:44 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Speck

Speck treed a few nights ago on oak that went out over a big beaver pond.

Old Post 04-26-2014 06:23 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Grandson Mason and Bo

Mason and Bo playing on the sandbar on the Bogue Chitto river.

Old Post 04-27-2014 02:59 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

hunting

With the weather the way its been, last night was first night in the woods this week and it wasn't one to brag about. One tree made in 3 hours. First track Speck made it sound like a decent track and moved it on down Black Branch over 700yds but Bo didn't open once. Looking on the Garmin I could see he was with him just not opening and I ended up catching them at a little county road Speck was about to cross where the branch goes under the road. Went to another spot and cut them loose and Bo made one tree as Speck trailed deeper into the swamp. No coon found. Speck got deep and eventually located and settled down to treeing good but about the time I got within a 100yds he quit the tree. Not like him to quit like that so I don't have the answer to that one except the good ole excuse that their just Dogs. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-01-2014 12:39 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Hello Steve

How are you doing my friend, its been awhile. Looks like your dogs are doing good. I know what you mean about this weather. The Pearl River was going down, but all this rain we had up around Jackson and above has got it on the rise again. Steve I know what your Bo dog is out of, but what is Speck out of. One of these nights when all this water goes down we'll have to get togeather and make around, take care Steve.

Old Post 05-01-2014 04:26 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Speck

Hey Mr. Jack, Speck is out of Blue Creek Gauge and Gr. Nt. Ch., Gr. Ch. Mullins Sandfork Blue Fancy. He's a nice hound with average mouth on track and has a ringing chop on tree that carries good. he is a Nt. Ch. Sh. Ch. I bought him in December and I'm happy enough with him that he has a home for the rest of his life. He's not perfect but he shows me a few coon and shows Bo the basic's of how to find and tree them.
When the water gets down over your way give me a shout and I will load them up and come make a round with you. Its drying up around here and getting around in the swamp is a lot easier and your welcome to come make a few rounds any night your ready, just give me a shout. Take care and Good Hunting! My cell number: 225-445-7259

Old Post 05-01-2014 07:22 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

4-25-2014

This is a video from this past Friday night of my Speck hound which is off Gauge, my Bo pup which is off Bocephus and Mr. B.H. Patterson's Max hound which is off Uchtman's Zeb. The chop mouth tree dog is Speck and he's the lighter colored hound up on the tree. The deep, course mouth hound is Max and the roaring, bawl mouth is Bo.
I had a better hunt tonight than last night. Made a couple trees in Chatawa swamps and both hounds looked good. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-02-2014 04:58 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

last nights hunt

Took Speck and Bo for a couple rounds last night and on first turnout got on a bad track and Speck trailed for a while and got close to a road so I caught them up and went to another spot. Cut them down a slough and Bo struck first with Speck a few seconds later. Speck moved it on deeper into swamp for about 45 minutes with Bo not opening hardly at all. After an hour Bo came back in about time Speck got the track up and rolling good. Took Bo home in Kubota and got truck as Speck was over 1000yds and getting close to a little county road. Drove around and stopped to listen and Speck was treed. Made the short walk in and he was treed on a big oak and had him. He really looked good on that track. Bo is tight as of now on a track like this. Opens just right on a good track. I've noticed on tracks like this the tree alert on Garmin goes off several times and I believe he's checking some trees as Speck tries to work it out. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-06-2014 01:45 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Had another good hunt tonight with Speck. Took him and Bo to Black Branch Swamp and drove Kubota about a half mile into it before I cut them. Speck struck another tough track but kept it moving for about 40 minutes and got way on in there. Bo opened some as it warmed up and they came treed at 0.72 miles. Got in there to them and saw coon as I was walking in. They were treed in some pretty rough stuff up a big cottonwood in angle deep water. Hooked them up and came on home. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-07-2014 05:00 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Looks Like Speck has made you a real nice little coondog and Bo is well on his way. That's what happens when you get the right bloodlines and put the work behind them. Good luck with them

Old Post 05-07-2014 07:28 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

hunting rig

One of my coon hunting rigs. Its not the best thing out there for bad mud or the fastest but it is a tough machine that gets the job done and saves some walking. I have over 4,300 hours on this 2005 model. I put the sinker cypress slats on it to keep hounds from falling over the side. I have snaps for 3 dogs right behind the cab. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-07-2014 05:06 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Mr. steve Bankston

That's a good looking rig you got there, of course when you get my age anything with wheels on it looks good. lol. Take care.

Old Post 05-08-2014 01:27 AM
Scot Crandall
UKC Forum Member

Steve sure was good talking to you tonight I sure hope this female does you proud. That sure is a good looking male you got. Thanks Scot

Old Post 05-09-2014 03:29 AM
Scot Crandall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scot Crandall Click here to Send Scot Crandall a Private Message Find more posts by Scot Crandall Add Scot Crandall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Ruger X Lou

Good talking to you to Scot. Nothing in life is guaranteed especially dogs turning into coonhounds. But when they're bred the way she is your chances for success go way up. Thanks for selling her to me. I will be in touch. Take care.

Old Post 05-09-2014 03:38 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rain

Rain and more rain! I have got 3" since lunch today and have give up on making a hunt tonight. Looks like we might get a break in it later and if so will cut them at 4am in the morning. Hope yaw having some Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-10-2014 03:53 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

hunting

Had a good hunt tonight. Went to Black Branch Swamp and drove up the trail about a quarter mile in and just when I was about to stop and cut them Bo and Speck blew up in back of Kubota. I cut them and they left there screaming for about 640yds with Speck hitting the tree about 10 seconds ahead of Bo. Looked at that coon and drove back to my house and cut them loose on a slough behind house that dumps into river and they didn't go 100yds and hit hot again and I listened to the best race I've heard in a while. They rolled him up the river a ways then headed back down the slough. Treed him up big pin oak not 200yds from where they struck him. He was about half way up and in a fork, big looking coon. Called it a good night and came on in. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-12-2014 04:42 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Took Bo last night by himself. First drop I cut him down a slough and he struck about 200 in and opened a few times then got quiet for about 2 minutes and next time he opened he was a couple hundred yards further in. Opened off and on next 20 minutes or so but didn't find the tree. Rounded him up took him to another spot but didn't get a strike. Brought him home and when I took him out of Kubota I had him by the collar and when he was about to gate of his pen I turned loose. Instead of going in his pen that sucker did a 90 degree turn and lit out toward the woods so fast he looked like a cheeta! Guess he remembered the hot track they hit there the other night. He got down to the slough and was gone about 30 minutes but didn't strike. I had already took Garmin off so don't know how deep he hunted on that escape run. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-14-2014 12:00 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Romp in the swamp under full moon

Last night Mr. B.H. Patterson came over with his new hound for a hunt. He liked my Bo pup so much he hunted down a full brother but one litter older out in OK and drove out there and got him a week or so ago. We went to the flooded swamp under the full moon with those 2 pups and Speck. We turned them loose and they got on a good track pretty quick and moved him on up the branch about 500yds and got into a lot of water and Speck was still opening good but young dogs just here and there. Bo came back closer to us and opened a few times and fell treed on a medium size white oak. He treed hard and we could shine good from one side but couldn't find him. Cut him back to Speck and it wasn't long and Mr. B.H."s hound located and Bo fell treed with him and Speck backed them. This is the video of them after I got them handled up. I looked at the coon setting in fork of beech that their oak went into. I walked in water all the way to them. Got them off that one and brought them back to the slough behind my house and cut"em loose and they got after a hot track and we had a good race for a while then he hit the thickets and water and slowed them up some. Bo located and started treeing about 440yds in a bad, bad cutover and I got within 200 feet and saw the coon sitting up in a big pin oak on the river bank. Got Bo caught up and back to the Kubota. Speck and Mr. B.H."s dog was still working the track they were on but it was getting away from them and I finally got them called out about 1am this morning. Real good hunt with good company under the full moon. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-15-2014 04:25 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Memorial Day Weekend

Next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend and I always host family and friends here on the river for boiled crawfish and barbeque. Anyone reading this that don't already have plans and looking for somewhere to go are welcome here. Bring your family and enjoy a day or the whole weekend. Big sandbars with sugar white sand, shallow swimming spots for the kids, canoes and tubes if you want to float the river. I have a 2 bedroom cottage with a kitchen and bath and big covered porch with new concrete 4 run kennel with sinker cypress dog houses that is 10 minutes from my house if you want to stay the night and bring your hound and we will go make a few rounds when the sun goes down. If your a Veteran I want to say Thank You! I love my country but I'm ashamed of our government. Seems both sides have forgot they are supposed to be doing what is best for this great country. God Bless America!
Mr. B.H. came over again last night for a hunt but wasn't as good as night before. Speck got away from the young hounds and went deep and got one treed up a huge spruce pine that I looked at. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-17-2014 12:19 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

can that old man you have hunted with the last few nights still keep up, he didn't keep up too good when he was young. lol Just kidding Steve, I always thought a lot of Mr. B.H. and his family. Steve. I wnt to thank you for the invite on Memorial Day, It was mighty nice of you. I probably won't be able to make it due to other plans, but "THANK YOU" for your thoughts. I hope you and yours have a great week-end.-------------Jack

Old Post 05-17-2014 07:11 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Hunted Bo the last few nights by himself. Couple of tracks he got on he worked real good until he got down around the beaver pond and let them get away from him. Tonight he hit a track at 160yds moved it out good to 310, located a couple times then hushed. I watched the Garmin and he went out to 400yds came back to the 310 located a few more times hushed again circled around a few minutes then came back on tree a third time and settled down and treed pretty good. He was on a big spruce pine and I could see it good but if he was there he wasn't looking. Cut him again and he hunted out to about 450yds made a wide loop and came back in after 30 minutes or so without striking. Loaded him up and came on home. He's not treeing one every night but he's hunting further, harder and longer each night. Also he has been 100 percent straight for me thus far. No deer, dillars or possums yet. No off barks or anything that even seems wrong. He might run a herd of deer tomorrow night but right now I'm proud of this young hound. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-20-2014 05:24 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Another hunting rig

Put the jet boat in here at the house now that the weather has straightened out and looks dry for a while I will be hunting out of it a couple nights a week. It will run in 4" of water as long as your planned out. Nothing like a ride in the night on this shallow, logy river to get your heart pumping.
Mr. B. H. came over Wednesday night and we made a couple turnouts in the swamp. Speck treed one over 700yds in and I went and got him and looked at 2 coon sitting up around the edge of a field. Speck made another tree in Black Branch swamp that Bo treed good on but we couldn't get him to look. Took the night off last night and the hounds didn't complain as they have had some tough nights in the swamp over the last few weeks. Good Hunting!

Old Post 05-24-2014 02:40 AM
dairyfarmer123
UKC Forum Member

great post

great post steve I sure enjoy hearing about ur hunts pat ole speck on the head for me.

Old Post 05-28-2014 04:31 AM
dairyfarmer123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dairyfarmer123 Click here to Send dairyfarmer123 a Private Message Find more posts by dairyfarmer123 Add dairyfarmer123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Speck

Thanks Tracy. I made a round last night before rain got here and its feeling like summer time now. Hot and muggy at 11pm. I will start hunting the early morning hours on weekends soon so its a little cooler on the hounds. Take care.

Old Post 05-28-2014 11:00 AM