UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Eastern PA coon hunters
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ljg142
New UKC Forum Member

Eastern PA coon hunters

I plan on buying a hound or two to hunt coon after I finish running my trap line this year (I trap coon and fox). I live in southeast PA in Bucks County. I was hoping to find someone in the region to go out on some hunts with and get some advice about training before I bought anything. I'd obviously be willing to travel to meet up with anyone willing to help out a new guy. Reply here or direct message me if you're anywhere around here.

Also any advice on what's a good breed to start with or any good breeders in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks and hope you all have a great Christmas.

Larry

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2012 10:28 PM
ljg142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ljg142 Click here to Send ljg142 a Private Message Click Here to Email ljg142 Find more posts by ljg142 Add ljg142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T.Beyer
UKC Forum Member

Larry I was born in Montgomery County (Pottstown) I haven't run into many fellas over that way who coonhunt, and I don,t currently live there, I hope you find some guys to hunt with. I always wanted to coonhunt there, but never have, it is so congested population wise, I don't know if I dare turn a dog out in that neck of the woods. Is Bucks county that much less populated?

In Honor of Jim Sizemore, " This ain't no benchshow!"

Old Post 12-20-2012 10:32 PM
T.Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T.Beyer Click here to Send T.Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email T.Beyer Find more posts by T.Beyer Add T.Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ljg142
New UKC Forum Member

No, its about the same or more built up as it is even over by Pottstown. I'm expecting to travel north or west when I want to hunt. I own a HVAC company down here otherwise I'd move up the mountains...

Old Post 12-20-2012 10:36 PM
ljg142 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ljg142 Click here to Send ljg142 a Private Message Click Here to Email ljg142 Find more posts by ljg142 Add ljg142 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dwilson
UKC Forum Member

Hello larry I live in mercer county if you lived closer I would have no problem with you coming out on some hunts. Plenty of land to hunt this way and quite a few coon hunters also. I'm not sure if you have ever had dogs before but if you haven't I would say to look for a real coondog that already can do it on his own. And get a pup later on. Also if someone says they have a dog that can do it all by itself ask to see it in the words first or at least get a good trail and make sure you know exactly where they live. Ha it will save you a lot of headache. If you do decide you want a pup I would look into lonepine kennels that's gonna be the next pup I get. They are mid state but I'm not sure if they have anything right now but can't hurt to ask. Good luck im sure you will love this sport

Old Post 12-20-2012 11:12 PM
Dwilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dwilson Click here to Send Dwilson a Private Message Find more posts by Dwilson Add Dwilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EnglishBabe
UKC Forum Member

Hi,
I live in Snyder County, which is slightly east of the center of the state. I'm between State College and Harrisburg. I have a nice group of guys I hunt with and I can tell you they would welcome you. I lost my good powerhouse male dog in Aug. so all I have now is a senile 12 yr. old female, a know nothing 6 mos. old male English and a squirrel, cat and bunny crazy female Leopard Hound that is almost 6 mos. I invite you to come hunt anytime, and also to come to our club in McClure called Union County Coonhunters Club. We hold 7 events a year and HTX hunts also. My phone number is below my name, give me a hollar sometime.

Old Post 12-21-2012 01:43 AM
EnglishBabe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EnglishBabe Click here to Send EnglishBabe a Private Message Click Here to Email EnglishBabe Find more posts by EnglishBabe Add EnglishBabe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Debbie Dorrance
UKC Forum Member

Re: Eastern PA coon hunters

quote:
Originally posted by ljg142
I plan on buying a hound or two to hunt coon after I finish running my trap line this year (I trap coon and fox). I live in southeast PA in Bucks County. I was hoping to find someone in the region to go out on some hunts with and get some advice about training before I bought anything. I'd obviously be willing to travel to meet up with anyone willing to help out a new guy. Reply here or direct message me if you're anywhere around here.

Also any advice on what's a good breed to start with or any good breeders in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks and hope you all have a great Christmas.

Larry

I would go with some REDBONES!!!

Old Post 12-21-2012 01:47 AM
Debbie Dorrance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Debbie Dorrance Click here to Send Debbie Dorrance a Private Message Click Here to Email Debbie Dorrance Find more posts by Debbie Dorrance Add Debbie Dorrance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

//

Buy a camper //dog box for the pickup ///head for the big woods //hunt fri & sat/// the hell W/ work those 2days

Old Post 12-21-2012 01:57 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

???

ifn you trap coon What the hell you gonna run W/ dogs....just stirring the pot....

Old Post 12-21-2012 02:00 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

//

i was born & raised in Emmaus worked for the telephone co for 40 yrs ....knew where every den tree was in the area....Blueticks since 1954

Old Post 12-22-2012 12:34 AM