UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Attention Iowa Houndsmen!!!!!!!!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Attention Iowa Houndsmen!!!!!!!!

A bill to handcuff coon hunters, trappers and the many hunters who use dogs when pursuing fur bearing animals has been introduced, assigned a subcommittee and a subcommittee meeting date has been set.

A subcommittee meeting to consider House File 2174 is set for 12 noon on February 4 in the House Lounge.

You can view the entire bill at:

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/pub...I/88/HF2174.pdf

It is essential that you send a short and polite note to the members of the subcommittee assigned to the bill and tell them:

House File 2174 is not needed
The current trespassing laws are more than adequate to deal with hunters and trappers who are not courteous outdoorsmen;
This bill will only punish the good hunters and trappers who may have a dog that runs onto private property

The members of the subcommittee are:

Rep Louie Zumbach - louie.zumbach@legis.iowa.gov[/email]

Rep. Dave Maxwell - dave.maxwell@legis.iowa.gov

Rep. Scott Ourth - [email]scott.ourth@legis.iowa.gov

This bill would virtually stop all running of hounds. Send an email immediately to the reps letting them know we are not for this.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2020 09:04 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Email sent!

Old Post 02-02-2020 03:14 AM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.Nagle
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for keeping us informed Jack. Emails will be sent

Old Post 02-02-2020 04:17 AM
G.Nagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.Nagle Click here to Send G.Nagle a Private Message Find more posts by G.Nagle Add G.Nagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M MUELLER
UKC Forum Member

emails sent

Old Post 02-02-2020 04:21 PM
M MUELLER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M MUELLER Click here to Send M MUELLER a Private Message Click Here to Email M MUELLER Find more posts by M MUELLER Add M MUELLER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JG hound
UKC Forum Member

Thankyou, I will be on top of this. People better be voting Trump

Old Post 02-02-2020 08:13 PM
JG hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JG hound Click here to Send JG hound a Private Message Click Here to Email JG hound Find more posts by JG hound Add JG hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Woods
UKC Forum Member

Email sent and notified the coyote hunters and beaglers that I am friends with on facebook.

a fair to middlin' beagle

Old Post 02-03-2020 05:04 PM
Jim Woods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Woods Click here to Send Jim Woods a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Woods Add Jim Woods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Not from Iowa but I sent to the several Iowa contacts I have.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-03-2020 07:52 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

I talked with my state Rep. He said he strongly opposes the bill said it's stupid. LOL He doesn't think it'll go anywhere.

Is this the same bill?

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
CHKC CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
STYLISH TRADER
2011 PKC WORLD CHAMPION FEMALE
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:33 AM
Jed Finley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jed Finley Click here to Send Jed Finley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jed Finley Visit Jed Finley's homepage! Find more posts by Jed Finley Add Jed Finley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

Yes
There trying to take away our right to retrieve. and make it a crime if your dog gets on property that you don't have permission on.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:45 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

Good time to know some people on capital hill in these situations! I will make some calls, quite a few of them bird hunt with us and that will affect them just as much as it does the hounds men!

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
STYLISH TRADER
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Old Post 02-04-2020 06:53 PM
Jed Finley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jed Finley Click here to Send Jed Finley a Private Message Click Here to Email Jed Finley Visit Jed Finley's homepage! Find more posts by Jed Finley Add Jed Finley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Iowa

If they run their 'Bills' like they did their Caucus....it won't go anywhere.

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 02-04-2020 07:02 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOST ROUND 1

This is the link to all the Natural Resource committee. We need everyone to email a POLITE EMAIL to every representative asking that this be turned down. And I express POLITE. I will keep everyone updated on the next date for a vote.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/committe...amp;groupID=680

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 02-04-2020 07:43 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

Almost all of the south has lost the right to retrieve on posted property. I'm surprised IA still has it with the popularity of deer hunting and leases. Good luck.

Old Post 02-04-2020 07:56 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Woods
UKC Forum Member

I attended the subcommittee meeting today. There were 3 people who spoke in opposition to the bill and 6 or more who spoke in favor of it along with that many more who were in favor of it but did not speak. All 3 of the subcommittee members had no problems with moving the bill on to the complete committee. I feel that it is very important to let your representative know how you feel about this bill.

a fair to middlin' beagle

Old Post 02-04-2020 08:31 PM
Jim Woods is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Woods Click here to Send Jim Woods a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Woods Add Jim Woods to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jed Finley
Good time to know some people on capital hill in these situations! I will make some calls, quite a few of them bird hunt with us and that will affect them just as much as it does the hounds men!

You are right Jed. They're plumb crazy if they think it'll stop there. They will just keep going until we have no hunting rights left. Then we'll all be outlaws.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 02-04-2020 10:40 PM
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
Almost all of the south has lost the right to retrieve on posted property. I'm surprised IA still has it with the popularity of deer hunting and leases. Good luck.

Adam the Iowa State Coonhunters have fought long and hard to keep our right to retrieve and we'll continue to do so.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 02-04-2020 10:41 PM
Hawk32
UKC Forum Member

Emails sent and phone calls made. Spent way to hours of my life last night dealing with this stupid bill as I know many of you did as well. Good luck today for those going to the capitol. Appreciate all your efforts.

There is so much stupid **** in legislation this year that involve all forms of hunting here in Iowa. It's asinine. Hell one dude from Florida hired 4 of his own lobbyist to push a bill on nonresident deer tags. $$$$$ and the what's in it for me mentality is going to be our downfall. My son asked why I was on the phone all night last night and my answer was so you can go hunting someday.

Home of:

Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch RIP
Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Sweet Blue Brandy RIP
Grand Nite Ch Dutch and janes blue Girl

http://dutch32ia.tripod.com/

Last edited by Hawk32 on 02-05-2020 at 04:18 PM

Old Post 02-05-2020 02:11 PM
Hawk32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hawk32 Click here to Send Hawk32 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hawk32 Visit Hawk32's homepage! Find more posts by Hawk32 Add Hawk32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

I have talked to quite a few people on the hill! This is all being fueled by Drury’s as well as white tail properties, and all other deer hunters in the state and white tail hunting in Iowa is a very large income source! It is all about the money and leasing of land! Buckle up cuz if you ain’t willing to pay for your right to hunt you won’t have the ground to hunt unless you hunt public lands! Got a conference call tomorrow morning with a few people that are in the right places will see what they say!

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
STYLISH TRADER
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Old Post 02-05-2020 06:31 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Drury's may be pushing their $ resources around but these congressmen and women need to be reminded of all the revenue this sport and others that hunt small game and fur bearers bring in and not just by residents but also by the many that travel visiting their state for various types of field trials. For those events to continue to come to Iowa it needs to remain a state friendly towards those that hunt with dogs. Trucks, gas, hotel stays, dining out, hunting equipment along with visiting other attractions and spontanious shopping does not come cheap. The many events through these sports bring in huge amounts of revenue to this state and others like it. Not to mention the millions of dollars of crop damage done by fur bearers but primarily the raccoon that is most detrimental to the small Iowa farms. Heritage... the Native Americans, those that settled this United States of America and even George Washington himself, whose fox hound bloodlines are part of the foundation of some of our breeds today, all used dogs for hunting. Though our dogs are all important parts of our families just like theirs are it is also part of the heritage of America that has crossed all demographics for centuries. Remind them to not let the deer hunting lobby dictate legislation that will decrease revenue to their state. There is a huge economic impact that needs attention brought to it. They will not loose any revenue from deer hunters by not passing this bill but will see a very large loss they may have not even known the true $ value of until it's gone.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 02-05-2020 at 07:21 PM

Old Post 02-05-2020 07:18 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

I have contacted my rep. No reply as of yet. Should this bill get passed it will only be the gateway to further attacks on dog hunting in our state. It is sad that they targeted the chasing of fur bearing animals with hounds. The bird hunters mysteriously got left out of this bill.. If we are gonna end up losing the right to retrieve, then I guess that big 200 inch dear should fall under that as well. Another sad day in America.... But on a good note I have been working on rabbit hunting my "former coonhounds" that now identify as rabbit dogs to chase rabbits. They are not very good at it and tree a lot of coons which are now off game but in 30 or 40 years from now they might get it figured out.

Old Post 02-05-2020 07:37 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

UPDATE!!!
The vote today was pushed off until next week. there's only 2 weeks left for committee's to pass bills after that they are dead until next year. It was great to have Approx. 40 houndsman there today on short notice. We can't quit now we need as many people as possible there for every meeting they have if we don't show up in force this bill will get thru. Th next meeting is next Monday or Wednesday. As soon as know the date and time I'll let everyone know. Now is the time to keep cool heads and be polite I have seen some not so polite emails and text let's stick to the facts. There are some rumors going around that Whitetail properties the Drury Brothers and some others are behind this. These are not true we cannot be fighting amongst ourselves that's what the activist want. If we fight amongst ourselves we'll lose the battles. There is a very pi$$ed off landowner that is behind this because dogs keep getting on his property that's it. Without the landowners we'll have no place to hunt so let's try and keep them happy. AS soon as i have any further info I'll pass it along. Until then keep up the email campaign.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 02-06-2020 12:33 AM
Jed Finley
UKC Forum Member

Don’t go blind on thinking people ain’t behind it no matter what you are told they are and those are FACTS not rumors!

UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
STYLISH TRADER
PKC GOLD CHAMPION
UKC GRAND NITE CHAMPION
SKUNA RIVER SQUEAKY
www.trader-inc.com

Old Post 02-06-2020 01:05 AM
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

You can bet on this...there is a list prioritized and mapped out as to how the anti hunting group will go about stopping hunting and fishing of all types...they divide and conquer by targeting the groups they feel do not get the support such a coon hunters and other groups...deer hunters are on that list but further down the list...those will be the hardest to conquer...

Many deer hunters are not our friends because they think our dogs will chase the deers out which is not true...one day they will realize their mistake...all hunters and fishermen and women should unite..and the NRA should Unite with us as well...

UNITED WE STAND...DIVIDED WE FALL...

The answer has to be “UNITED WE STAND”...

Just with short notice 40 hunters came together and made a difference...keep meeting until they drop it...it shouldn’t take long...

Old Post 02-06-2020 01:15 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
UPDATE!!!
The vote today was pushed off until next week. there's only 2 weeks left for committee's to pass bills after that they are dead until next year. It was great to have Approx. 40 houndsman there today on short notice. We can't quit now we need as many people as possible there for every meeting they have if we don't show up in force this bill will get thru. Th next meeting is next Monday or Wednesday. As soon as know the date and time I'll let everyone know. Now is the time to keep cool heads and be polite I have seen some not so polite emails and text let's stick to the facts. There are some rumors going around that Whitetail properties the Drury Brothers and some others are behind this. These are not true we cannot be fighting amongst ourselves that's what the activist want. If we fight amongst ourselves we'll lose the battles. There is a very pi$$ed off landowner that is behind this because dogs keep getting on his property that's it. Without the landowners we'll have no place to hunt so let's try and keep them happy. AS soon as i have any further info I'll pass it along. Until then keep up the email campaign.

Could you please post an address along with time also.

Old Post 02-06-2020 04:04 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just heard from Dean the Natural Resource Committee has the bill scheduled to be heard on Monday at 3 PM And Wednesday at 2 PM. We'll need as many people there as possible. Also I've heard that the landowner there felt harrassed by a hunter at the meeeting with pictures being taken and confronted. and this is coming from the legislators THIS IS WHAT CAN'T HAPPEN. It doesn't help the cause.

HOME OF

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

Old Post 02-07-2020 03:44 AM