UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 18. Hunt Directors.
Allow Hunt Director to handle dog in the hunt?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 52 66.67%
No, the HD should remain at the clubhouse per current rule. 26 33.33%
Total: 78 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

18. Hunt Directors.

18. Hunt Directors.

• Allow the individual serving as the Hunt Director to handle a dog in the hunt.

2019 UKC RULE PROPOSAL CLARIFICATIONS AND NOTES
Be advised, the following notes are the opinions/statements of those who submitted the proposals and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinion of UKC.

PROPOSAL 18: UKC made it easier for clubs to come up with an event official when they implemented the Hunt Director option. Yes, it gets boring to some to have to sit at the clubhouse with little to no action while everyone else is gone for several hours. Allowing the HD to handle a dog would, in some cases, add another entry for the club. Possibly another guide. Possibly another judge. Those are good pros.

The cons? What about the guy who is waiting at the clubhouse with a legitimate question related to a scratching offense? Is anyone going to be able to get their hunt time in and the opportunity for a cast win when that happens? The simple answer is; it hardly ever happens. But maybe there’s a reasonable way to combat these cons?

Decisions are made by weighing the pros and cons. This is one of those.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2019 09:03 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The hunt director can’t settle it anyways he has to wait on a panel to come back then by time it’s settled the cast may or may not be able to go back out hunt and make deadline. (Makes them take care of it in the woods )

If I got to set at the club I am going to do it as a moh were I can settle it. Unfortunately we are loosing our moh faster than they are being replaced.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2019 09:21 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

As Tar previously stated, with any Hunt Director format there must be a panel to solve questions. Possibly a phone call to the Hunt Director the two cast might even be hunting in similar areas and the hunt directors cast could be the panel. Might even be easier.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 07-09-2019 03:18 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Director format should be scratched totally. Most panels can be mistaken with the rules. MOH's are not perfect, but they are at least licensed officials. If they decide wrong, UKC can be the panel. Let their Field Reps be on call for a weekend, which would only be one weekend every two months or so, throw in Allen and Todd, and it could extend to say 10 weeks. They could then make a decision that is official, and from the registry. Their word is final at the world hunt, so it should not be a problem here, and the added benefit of them finding out first hand what MOH knows the rules and who doesn't would help weed out the bad apples. Oh this will never ever happen. It requires them to pay the guys for being on call, and that simply is not happening. When one thinks about it, it makes sense. Heck, we want to be like the other registry so badly, here it is in a nut shell!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-09-2019 02:00 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rock the only reason I say it is hunt director or moh your stuck at the club. if I have more hunters than I have guides where I am with all this public hunting I can go put cast out in good hunting. I can even hunt I don’t why it just be me but why in the crap when they are only 10 miles from the club does it take 6 hrs to put in a two hour hunt and they still turn in a dead card. I almost ain’t got a good cheek to set on time they get back no wonder nobody wants to do it.

And it’s always for free and your whole weekend is gone.

Tar

Old Post 07-09-2019 04:04 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jack Bingham
UKC Forum Member

The hunt director can't decide anything anyway he'd have to wait on other cast to get back. Let them hunt.

A screw up on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

HOME OF

GRNitech PKC Platinum CH PR Mosquito Creek Danno's Buggs 2018 American Redbone Champion. 2019 World Champion Female. 2020 PURINA NATIONALS CH.

GRNITE CH Mosquito Creek Hank 2020 top 100

NITE CH SILVER CH Jersey Girl 2020 Top 100

GRNITE CH SILVER CH. Wipeout Small Pox 2020 Top 100

NITECH River Valley Rain

R.I.P.
GRNitech PKC CH GRCH Awesome Mosquito Crk. Lick 2016 World Champion Redbone Female

R.I.P.
DUAL GRAND PR ANDREWS MOSQUITO CREEK GO MAN SAM DNA-P

R.I.P.
GRNITECH PR Thunder creek Squeller 2cast wins NRCA. 4 cast wins AKC qualified for AKC 2009,2010,2011 world hunt. Qualified for 2008,2009 and 2010 UKC worlds. World Finalist at the 2010 UKC Worlds. Money won in PKC

R.I.P. NITECH PR Faith's Image ( 3-UKC 1st) cast win at NRCA 6TH AT ARCA Money won in PKC

Look us up on Facebook: Mosquito Creek Redbones

Old Post 07-09-2019 05:18 PM
Jack Bingham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jack Bingham Click here to Send Jack Bingham a Private Message Click Here to Email Jack Bingham Visit Jack Bingham's homepage! Find more posts by Jack Bingham Add Jack Bingham to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Hunt Director format should be scratched totally. Most panels can be mistaken with the rules. MOH's are not perfect, but they are at least licensed officials. If they decide wrong, UKC can be the panel. Let their Field Reps be on call for a weekend, which would only be one weekend every two months or so, throw in Allen and Todd, and it could extend to say 10 weeks. They could then make a decision that is official, and from the registry. Their word is final at the world hunt, so it should not be a problem here, and the added benefit of them finding out first hand what MOH knows the rules and who doesn't would help weed out the bad apples. Oh this will never ever happen. It requires them to pay the guys for being on call, and that simply is not happening. When one thinks about it, it makes sense. Heck, we want to be like the other registry so badly, here it is in a nut shell!

Rock,
I don’t know about your state. But, in S.C. the small hunts are killing these clubs. The small hunts cost the clubs money, never pay the hunt packages much less the monthly bills. Then to top it off I don’t remember the last MOH that I saw work a hunt without charging the club. Hunt directors that can hunt will do it for FREE! I know I will.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 07-10-2019 03:36 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
Rock,
I don’t know about your state. But, in S.C. the small hunts are killing these clubs. The small hunts cost the clubs money, never pay the hunt packages much less the monthly bills. Then to top it off I don’t remember the last MOH that I saw work a hunt without charging the club. Hunt directors that can hunt will do it for FREE! I know I will.

Ken I have put many dollars out of my own pocket into the club here, just to pay UKC. I don't charge anything to MOH, but some places will insist you take something for gas. As for the hunt director, its nothing but a direct copy of what PKC, AKC, and the rest do without letting them hunt. Under the Current format, hunting them just does not fit. That was brought up under the "cons" in another post. I have traveled far and wide, and I have never seen it work as its supposed to work, when questions come back or someone is lost. Personally, the lost or separated requirement should be dropped I think. Today's GPS world will get you back to the club, and most times the one that's separated is of their own doing. As for as the hunt director panels goes, that's a totally different story. Most, not everyone, but most that I have seen is made up of folks that hunted 20 years ago and do not know the rules, or they are on another cast that has came back, but if they rule the right way, they lose the top spot etc. Hardly ever is it done right, or ruled right by the rules. That is my beef. IF the HUNT DIRECTOR format is so great, why is it UKC will not use it for any of their hunts they put own? Its because they know the problem with it also, but it is easier on the smaller clubs to use a director. Using one is not a crime, its just not done the right way and on the up and up as it should be most times. I have been party to a question that the cook who had never comp hunted was on the panel to get the 3rd person needed. Luckily thy can understand English and read it too when the card was turned over and the rule read to them. Some can't even do that right, or just won't look. NOT me. I will take my chances with the moh and then appeal from there if needed. You are right about greedy moh's charging for services. It happens here too.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 07-10-2019 11:53 AM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Rock those other kc,s have been letting the hunt director hunt for years and it works. Except for major hunts. So you could still go to the big hunts and be da man and get your groove on !! You don’t like change is it because it takes you out of your comfort zone and there might be a chance sombody ask you somthing you don’t know ?

If they ask me somthing I don’t know I just tell them so and we look it up or use the phone a freind option !

Yoooooooo hoooooooo Allen ! Or Jennifer or Chey !!

Tar

Old Post 07-10-2019 01:46 PM
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Ken I have put many dollars out of my own pocket into the club here, just to pay UKC. I don't charge anything to MOH, but some places will insist you take something for gas. As for the hunt director, its nothing but a direct copy of what PKC, AKC, and the rest do without letting them hunt. Under the Current format, hunting them just does not fit. That was brought up under the "cons" in another post. I have traveled far and wide, and I have never seen it work as its supposed to work, when questions come back or someone is lost. Personally, the lost or separated requirement should be dropped I think. Today's GPS world will get you back to the club, and most times the one that's separated is of their own doing. As for as the hunt director panels goes, that's a totally different story. Most, not everyone, but most that I have seen is made up of folks that hunted 20 years ago and do not know the rules, or they are on another cast that has came back, but if they rule the right way, they lose the top spot etc. Hardly ever is it done right, or ruled right by the rules. That is my beef. IF the HUNT DIRECTOR format is so great, why is it UKC will not use it for any of their hunts they put own? Its because they know the problem with it also, but it is easier on the smaller clubs to use a director. Using one is not a crime, its just not done the right way and on the up and up as it should be most times. I have been party to a question that the cook who had never comp hunted was on the panel to get the 3rd person needed. Luckily thy can understand English and read it too when the card was turned over and the rule read to them. Some can't even do that right, or just won't look. NOT me. I will take my chances with the moh and then appeal from there if needed. You are right about greedy moh's charging for services. It happens here too.

Rock, you are definitely a UKC man. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you disagree with AG.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013

Old Post 07-11-2019 04:11 AM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Rock, you are definitely a UKC man. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you disagree with AG.

I don't have comfort zones and hunting under a hunt director would be a piece of cake around here if I wanted to be a cheat. I don't care one way or the other about UKC or any other, but changing for the sake of changing, with no real improvement, is dumb. If it works great. It doesn't if you go by the rules and follow the letter of the law.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 07-15-2019 03:03 PM
coondogedog
UKC Forum Member

I'd be in favor of the HD hunting his dog but only in the smaller local hunts.

Old Post 07-16-2019 06:51 PM
coondogedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondogedog Click here to Send coondogedog a Private Message Click Here to Email coondogedog Find more posts by coondogedog Add coondogedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tony.beals
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Rock,

"I'M SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING PAID " lol

MSG, US ARMY RETIRED
President of Michigan State United Coon Hunters Association

Old Post 07-17-2019 02:27 PM
tony.beals is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tony.beals Click here to Send tony.beals a Private Message Click Here to Email tony.beals Find more posts by tony.beals Add tony.beals to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote