UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Famous Dogs First Hand
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Famous Dogs First Hand

Any of yall ever hunted or been on casts with a "famous" dog?? Im talkin like..
Trackman
Nailor
Cruise
Flag
Rat attack
X jr

Or any other breed of famous dogs??

It would be cool to hear about it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-28-2020 03:35 AM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-blotkamp
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Clean

I was with the cast the night Mr. Clean won the UKC world hunt a few years back. He is the fastest track dog I have ever witnessed. I was awestruck at how fast he was at putting up coon. He put on a good show that night.

Old Post 03-28-2020 03:53 AM
J-blotkamp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-blotkamp Click here to Send J-blotkamp a Private Message Click Here to Email J-blotkamp Find more posts by J-blotkamp Add J-blotkamp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jerrod leathers
UKC Forum Member

Drew Cold Sweat in an RQE in Illinois a few years ago. Best locate I've ever heard. Curt liked his locate too, and put him on the card on it a few too many times and Sweat would move the track on. My dog mostly backed Sweat on his coons, but didn't take any minus. She got off to her self at the end and got lucky and won the cast. I'd give anything to have a locate like Sweat's on one of my black dogs.

Old Post 03-28-2020 04:57 AM
jerrod leathers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jerrod leathers Click here to Send jerrod leathers a Private Message Click Here to Email jerrod leathers Find more posts by jerrod leathers Add jerrod leathers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Maybe not famous but pretty well known in their time
Sparetime Spanky
Northern Blue Jet 7
Nighty Night Little Red
Moonlight Pepper Ann
Tonys Wild Clover
Lawsons Lone River Gunner

Old Post 03-28-2020 05:12 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Wld.ch.Dohoneys Mike
Wld.ch.Wicks Flirt
Wld.ch.Pistol Pac N Pete
Flirt was all COONDAWG and by far my favorite! Followed closely by Mike then Pete.

Old Post 03-28-2020 12:17 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Man those reply are cool!!! Northern blue jet...ts wild clover...cold sweat and mr clean!! Dang!

The only dog i drew out with that was somewhat known was Chenoweths rebel black and tan dog...i believe he won the purina points that year. All i gotta say is
That dog... got it done quick...he was the real deal..and with a handler like jody jessup.... Well you better bring the heat

Old Post 03-28-2020 12:20 PM
FLYbyNIGHT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FLYbyNIGHT Click here to Send FLYbyNIGHT a Private Message Find more posts by FLYbyNIGHT Add FLYbyNIGHT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TRP
UKC Forum Member

Sparky’s Alabama Eagle
Korte’s Wild Chirpee
Luckett’s Ole Duke
Nicken’s Flatrock Coma
Silver Dollar Cracker

I was probably with others but these left an impression on me 30 years ago.

Old Post 03-28-2020 01:21 PM
TRP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TRP Click here to Send TRP a Private Message Find more posts by TRP Add TRP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TRP
Sparky’s Alabama Eagle
Korte’s Wild Chirpee
Luckett’s Ole Duke
Nicken’s Flatrock Coma
Silver Dollar Cracker

I was probably with others but these left an impression on me 30 years ago.

My gosh you been around the block a couple times....those are old school hounds

Old Post 03-28-2020 01:43 PM
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Famous Hounds.....

Had the Pleasure of seeing these Hounds in Action :

McFarlands Kicker
Hopkin's Cash
Flatrock Coma
Bad Habit
H.T. Derrickson's Hounds ( Several )
Southern Pines Jet
Bellar's Jack ( Not famous, but Nice )
Big Kahuna
Hardwood Henry

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Last edited by Triple K Kennel on 03-28-2020 at 09:21 PM

Old Post 03-28-2020 02:50 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

I have pleasure hunted with Mr Clean. He was the real deal. Hunted with his son, Swampblaster, that won some a few years ago. Really nice hound. I’ve seen Buck Creek Buck tree also. Drew out an English dog that ended up winning the world hunt. More importantly, I have had the opportunity to hunt against or with some legends like John Monroe, Jess Dickerson, Bryan Whitted, etc.

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 03-28-2020 02:50 PM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy Bedgood
UKC Forum Member

Some that made a lasting impression for sure.

Hat Creek Phydeaux
Hat Creek Little Bit
Bad Habit
Flat Rock Coma
Silver Dollar Cracker
Hardwood Dan
Tequilla Sunrise
Tony's Wild Joy
Hardwood Henry

Old Post 03-28-2020 03:35 PM
Andy Bedgood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy Bedgood Click here to Send Andy Bedgood a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy Bedgood Find more posts by Andy Bedgood Add Andy Bedgood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I got to tag along with john guilford who owned finley river chief. All I remember was hot July night, tall michigan cornfields and coon eyes from litters of coon chief had treed. To young to appreciate the legend I was ten lol. Soon after john divorced and chief went to mr monroe and as they say "the rest is history "

Old Post 03-28-2020 06:37 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

Yall are lucky ...thats coondoggin history you got to witness...

Old Post 03-28-2020 07:14 PM
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

I've been fortunate to hunt with several over the years but just to name a few, hard knocking hayes, buckey bud, Deanwood drifter, swamp rooster, big D, stylish clover, stylish little man, late night bubba, red ruby hardtime crow, wipeout zeb and moose. A few of these were impressive and a few I was less than impressed with but most I have hunted with I'd rather own a few common dogs that I've been with. This whole list would have a hard time handling bubba's momma.

Joe levan

Old Post 03-28-2020 07:27 PM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Joseph L.
I've been fortunate to hunt with several over the years but just to name a few, hard knocking hayes, buckey bud, Deanwood drifter, swamp rooster, big D, stylish clover, stylish little man, late night bubba, red ruby hardtime crow, wipeout zeb and moose. A few of these were impressive and a few I was less than impressed with but most I have hunted with I'd rather own a few common dogs that I've been with. This whole list would have a hard time handling bubba's momma.

Joe levan

Dang buddy....your post shows your age..lol

Old Post 03-28-2020 07:41 PM
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT
Dang buddy....your post shows your age..lol

Not really. I started young and had some older hard hitters pack me around lol

Old Post 03-28-2020 07:47 PM
Joseph L. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph L. Click here to Send Joseph L. a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph L. Find more posts by Joseph L. Add Joseph L. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Wilcox thunder bingo, spare time spanky, chenowerths smokey, hardwood dan, wipeout zeb 3, mr. Clean, millcreek molly, stylish oz., stylish hank, buckeye bud, Montana scout, dickey's sandy, whittles sandman, Turkey ridge racket, and the list goes on and on

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 03-28-2020 07:55 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Not really. I started young and had some older hard hitters pack me around lol

Outta all them dogs...which one was most impressive??

Old Post 03-28-2020 08:10 PM
Joseph L.
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by FLYbyNIGHT
Outta all them dogs...which one was most impressive??

Drifter, whitey, little man, all very nice. Won't mention crow cause I will sound bias cause I owned him lol. Least favorite one by far was big D. Spent many painful nights listening to him. When big don owned him my best friend I hunted with every night hunted him for don. I've also been with several out of those top 3 that I'd sure like to have back or own now.

Old Post 03-28-2020 08:26 PM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Drifter, whitey, little man, all very nice. Won't mention crow cause I will sound bias cause I owned him lol. Least favorite one by far was big D. Spent many painful nights listening to him. When big don owned him my best friend I hunted with every night hunted him for don. I've also been with several out of those top 3 that I'd sure like to have back or own now.

Lucky dude to have hunted with them dogs

Old Post 03-28-2020 08:34 PM
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted with several over the years. Rock River Tell Sackett, Bad Habit, Son's Missouri Dancer, Goose Creek Slugger, Slugger Jr, Slugger III, Buck Creek Buck, Buck Creek Hitler, Buck Creek Cash,Tequila Sunrise, Burketts Little Joe, Raefs Fast Cash, Hardwood Henry , Cables Big Money , Main Street Roy, Main Street Max , KY River Batman , Smokey Mountain Wrangler , Insane Jane , Teflon Don. I am sure several more that I am forgetting.

Last edited by dixiedog on 03-29-2020 at 01:07 PM

Old Post 03-28-2020 08:58 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dixiedog
I have hunted with several over the years. Rock River Tell Sackett, Bad Habit, Son's Missouri Dancer, Goose Creek Slugger, Slugger Jr, Slugger III, Buck Creek Buck, Buck Creek Hitler, Buck Creek Cash,Tequila Sunrise, Burketts Little Joe, Raefs Fast Cash, Hardwood Henry , Cables Big Money. I am sure several more that I am forgetting.

Which dogs were you impressed with??

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:00 PM
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

Probably Tell Sackett and the Buck Creek dogs

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:01 PM
dixiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dixiedog Click here to Send dixiedog a Private Message Click Here to Email dixiedog Find more posts by dixiedog Add dixiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dixiedog
UKC Forum Member

Tequila Sunrise was a pretty nice outfit also.

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:02 PM
FLYbyNIGHT
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by dixiedog
Tequila Sunrise was a pretty nice outfit also.

Man tequila sunrise!!
That would have been cool to see that dog tree one...dang

Old Post 03-28-2020 09:05 PM