UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 1 hour hunts during the week
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Are you saying that UKC is not successful. My idea is listen to Allen. He is a lot smarter and knows a lot more about the business of a kennel club than I do. I would never try to tell him how to run UKC. I just go to the hunts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2020 03:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Are you saying that UKC is not successful. My idea is listen to Allen. He is a lot smarter and knows a lot more about the business of a kennel club than I do. I would never try to tell him how to run UKC. I just go to the hunts.

Richard you really need to take on more responsibility at the club level. The people that put on hunts all over the United States weekly are the ones running the show the folks at ukc get paid to keep records.

Simple as that.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2020 04:12 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

That’s the problem right there....”I just go to the hunts”. Sounds like you just want to let everyone else do all the work. It is basic business smarts. My MBA and 25 yrs of managing multi billion dollar contracts in the government validates my credentials to give suggestions. I learned early, you don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, just have smart people on your team. Empower those with creative ideas...educate them, give them the tools they need to successful, and be there to support them. It’s easy to just show up, what we need is people will to make a few sacrifices.

I guess I could always start my own kennel club here in the South. Hhhhmmm. What do you think Tar?

Old Post 06-25-2020 04:28 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Green
That’s the problem right there....”I just go to the hunts”. Sounds like you just want to let everyone else do all the work. It is basic business smarts. My MBA and 25 yrs of managing multi billion dollar contracts in the government validates my credentials to give suggestions. I learned early, you don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, just have smart people on your team. Empower those with creative ideas...educate them, give them the tools they need to successful, and be there to support them. It’s easy to just show up, what we need is people will to make a few sacrifices.

I guess I could always start my own kennel club here in the South. Hhhhmmm. What do you think Tar?

I know were you can get a slightly used kc pretty cheap. I still got a bunch of ball caps but I am afraid to wear them in public.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2020 04:48 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hittman
UKC Forum Member

That cheap $$ Kc comes with a lot of baggage. It would take a really good people person to fix it. Lots of broken promises. The south is a wide open market. I happen to know a really nice facility to hold a annual major hunt. Might even have a key to it.

Old Post 06-25-2020 06:15 PM
Hittman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hittman Click here to Send Hittman a Private Message Click Here to Email Hittman Find more posts by Hittman Add Hittman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

How many kc that had week day hunts have survived other than PKC?

Old Post 06-25-2020 07:00 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Green

Do not let a couple of disparaging posts affect your desire to better UKC. You can see from the content of those posts that they do nothing themselves. One of the worst comments I hated to hear from folks I managed was " we have always done it this way". I was always looking for a better way to do things and encouraged those working for me to suggest a better way to do things, never be content to do things in the same old way if a better way exists. In changing times a business either changes or gets left behind. Dave

Old Post 06-25-2020 07:05 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
How many kc that had week day hunts have survived other than PKC?

When starting out you model your business off of the one that was a success not the 3 or 4 that failed. And there are people that are extraordinary at taking failing businesses and making them profitable often times by just restructuring management and getting fresh perspectives on things.

But what do I know.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2020 07:48 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hunts

Rest assured that the ideas presented will be carefully looked at and decisions will be made. Arguing among ourselves will not change anything for the good, it will only show division and no clear cut agenda on our part. No company can please ALL if it's customers, at best they try to please the majority of their customers. If we really want change, we will request change as a United group, not a bunch of different groups all wanting different changes. Dave

Old Post 06-25-2020 08:16 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Once more I’ll state....”this was merely a suggestion”. I won’t lose any sleep or anything or anything else for that matter if UKC doesn’t have weekday hunts. I just try and look ahead to see if something could be done to “HELP”....that’s all. I’m sure money can be pulled from somewhere to hand that $50,000 to a deserving hunter. Maybe the price of litter and dog registrations can be increased.....

I have hunted in competition hunts in 4 different states in the last two weeks. I mentioned a particular non-sanctioned Hunt that we are planning and gonna hold this winter.....guess what, a lot of people like it and will come. We are gonna give a ton of prizes and money to give away. On top of that, no registry will get any of it....only the hunters.

Old Post 06-25-2020 08:31 PM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Myself & others suggested multiple changes to improve the Performance Program at minimal cost to anyone years ago and far as I know nothing has changed & point values & interest continues to fall. I'm not sure why Ukc is so scared of change. I love to hunt and will do it for nothing but if there's a chance I can recoup some of my $ that's the route I'll take..

Old Post 06-25-2020 09:23 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tim Green

Tim, your suggestion is a good one and I am sure that it will be considered. I am amazed at some folks who just oppose change for no valid reason, they are the kind who answer " that's the way we have always done things", never minding the fact that it is not the best way to do something. I respect those who want to better a program for others, even though they might not benefit themselves. Dave

Old Post 06-25-2020 10:20 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Here is a change that should be looked at, 2nd round 1 hour hunts with 1 dog or 2 dogs with the same owner, it would be Even worst on week day hunts, should require 2 Or 3 dogs With different owners for a win.
But What Do I Know?

Old Post 06-25-2020 10:36 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Here is a change that should be looked at, 2nd round 1 hour hunts with 1 dog or 2 dogs with the same owner, it would be Even worst on week day hunts, should require 2 Or 3 dogs With different owners for a win.
But What Do I Know?

Tim it’s just got to where down here if anybody shows up where I don’t have to pay the fees out of my own pocket I am tickled. Hopefully after the first of the year things are better. But if only 4 show up and have a good time Without problems that’s about as good as you can ask.

Tar

Old Post 06-25-2020 11:12 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

4 dogs is a good deal
1 dog is a good deal for only 1 person!

Old Post 06-25-2020 11:16 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Every well thought out change to better the game creates another weak spot.

Old Post 06-25-2020 11:21 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Every well thought out change to better the game creates another weak spot.

Nah same weak spot need more hunters to fix it. They all at the super stakes this week in big numbers. Got to figure out how to get them over here. We are not obtaining them as fast as we are loosing them only so many to go around.

Tar

Old Post 06-26-2020 12:11 AM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
But What Do I Know?

The other registry makes you have 3 dogs minimum and take a picture if it’s only one cast.....

Are we just allowing it with one dog because we want the entry?

Have you ever in your lifetime received a UKC cast win and been the only dog there? Why should I be penalized if I have the ability to break away from the computer screen to go and compete.

Old Post 06-26-2020 12:13 AM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Your not penalized, go as often as you can.
I have been on a 1 dog cast, at the world finals!

Old Post 06-26-2020 12:21 AM
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Your not penalized, go as often as you can.
I have been on a 1 dog cast, at the world finals!

If I was on the world hunt cast alone, my potlickers would probably minus out....lol

Old Post 06-26-2020 12:28 AM
Lewis67
UKC Forum Member

Week night hunts would be good for people that work weekends

Old Post 06-26-2020 09:04 PM
Lewis67 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lewis67 Click here to Send Lewis67 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lewis67 Find more posts by Lewis67 Add Lewis67 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lewis67
UKC Forum Member

Week night hunts would be good for people that work weekends

Old Post 06-26-2020 09:05 PM
Lewis67 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lewis67 Click here to Send Lewis67 a Private Message Click Here to Email Lewis67 Find more posts by Lewis67 Add Lewis67 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I believe if UKC would do the following the overall numbers would increase.

Treat each time a dog is eligible to earn a cast win as an event no matter what the hunt time is. Double headers would be treated as 2 events.

Limit the amount of "events" to say 12 per year.

Let the individual clubs decide whether they want their "events" on a weekday or a weekend. The clubs would be trying to schedule hunts when the attendance would be the best for club revenue. This would decrease conflicts with other clubs due to distance. It would also allow clubs to move some hunts from dates that they had to take because of available date. This would allow a club in the north to move say a February hunt where attendance may be affected due to potential clod and snowy weather to a better month on a weekday, or in the south from a super hot month to a spring event where attendance would be better.

This would increase the availability of hunts to more people based on work schedules and potentially to better months of hunting without affecting the total amount of "events" that a club could hold during the year while giving the individual club more freedom to chose dates based on what would work best for them in their area.

Any cancelled hunts this year should be allowed to be rescheduled for a weekday hunt this year to get the overall numbers back up to where they need to be for this year.

Old Post 06-27-2020 04:50 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
I believe if UKC would do the following the overall numbers would increase.

Treat each time a dog is eligible to earn a cast win as an event no matter what the hunt time is. Double headers would be treated as 2 events.

Limit the amount of "events" to say 12 per year.

Let the individual clubs decide whether they want their "events" on a weekday or a weekend. The clubs would be trying to schedule hunts when the attendance would be the best for club revenue. This would decrease conflicts with other clubs due to distance. It would also allow clubs to move some hunts from dates that they had to take because of available date. This would allow a club in the north to move say a February hunt where attendance may be affected due to potential clod and snowy weather to a better month on a weekday, or in the south from a super hot month to a spring event where attendance would be better.

This would increase the availability of hunts to more people based on work schedules and potentially to better months of hunting without affecting the total amount of "events" that a club could hold during the year while giving the individual club more freedom to chose dates based on what would work best for them in their area.

Any cancelled hunts this year should be allowed to be rescheduled for a weekday hunt this year to get the overall numbers back up to where they need to be for this year.

Great post John! I agree. The clubs know best for their members.

Old Post 06-27-2020 09:16 PM