UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Zeb 3
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Zeb 3

I don't know much about walker pedigrees but I saw on another thread that he produced a very large number of big hunt winning offspring. They also said that he only produced 600 pups. I was wondering what his pedigree looked like? Was he linebred? Were his parents and grandparents top hounds and top reproducers also? Did his siblings do anything? What about his aunts/uncles? Did he come from a planned breeding program? Was the cross that produced him just a winner to winner cross or was it a "paper" cross? I know that is a lot of questions but how am I going to learn if I don't ask questions?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2020 01:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pup
UKC Forum Member

I believe this is correct....
Maybe some one else can help with titles.

------------------------- Flatrock Coma
--------------- Wipeout Zeb
------------------------- Wipeout Candy
---------- Wipeout Zach
------------------------- Williams' Sport
--------------- McQueen & Fergy's Polly
------------------------- Grantham's Gal
----- Wipeout Zeb Again
-------------------------
--------------- Zeb's Wipeout Koy
---------- Kiddy's Wipeout Ruby
--------------- Kiddy's Easy Queen
--Wipeout Zeb 3
------------------------- Logan's Wild Clover
---------------Stylish Clover
------------------------- Korte's Stylish Chirpee
---------- Clover's Stylish Oz
------------------------- Wager's Stylish Lipper
--------------- Stylish Lace
------------------------- Hi Country Liza Jane
-----Fergy's Wipeout Dusty
------------------------- Flatrock Coma
--------------- Wipeout Zeb
------------------------- Wipeout Candy
----------McQueen & Fergy's Wipeout Kate
------------------------- Williams' Sport
--------------- McQueen & Fergy's Polly
------------------------- Grantham's Gal

HOME OF:

CH 'PR' IOWA STYLE ABBY-NORMAL ( GRNITECH WESSEL'S WILD CARD x GRNITECH WINDY PINE'S SWEET HONEY )
GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' DRIFTER'S BLACK PEARL ( GRCH GRNITECH HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER x CH IOWA STYLE ABBY )

Old Post 01-21-2020 02:23 PM
Pup is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pup Click here to Send Pup a Private Message Click Here to Email Pup Find more posts by Pup Add Pup to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Z3 has sired 4 that I know of and I think 5 World Championship his whole ped is made up of big time winners world champions truck winners.His daddy was a great reproducer Zeb Again great daddy Wipeout Zack(Moose) was also no weak links Stylish Oz Stylish Clover Stylish Lipper Lipper Stylish Queen Moose’s mama was a world class coon she lost her leg to a snare Wipeout Koy Wipeout Ruby Wild Clover Stylish Chirpee his ped is made up with top dogs all the way through winners and reproducers

Old Post 01-22-2020 11:38 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It looks like his mother was an outcross from a linebred Wipeout female and a Linebred Stylish male. Then they linebred her back to a linebred Wipeout male. And you are saying that they just didn't breed papers but bred the top hounds from those lines. Hmmmm, seems to have worked. Somebody must know what they are doing. Now then what females are those World Champions/Truck winners out of? Are they linebred with more Wipeout dogs or are they outcrossed to another line?

Old Post 01-23-2020 12:56 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

He crossed good on several different bloodlines or should I say most all walker strains he produced Platinum Champions and World Champions, and Truck Winners.. This is all you need to know, what other dog do you know of that produced 5 World Champions? Case Closed!

Last edited by edwardfasteddy on 01-23-2020 at 08:49 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 06:43 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

2017 ukc triple crown winner white oak bottom jim was also off of him.

Old Post 01-23-2020 06:47 PM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

He reproduced on about everything he was bred to, That's for sure..

Old Post 01-23-2020 07:57 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

It was unreal watching all that’s unfolded the last 5-6 years. For several years almost every single pro hunt truck hunt world hunt like every major hunt $kc would have one of his offspring would win it or be in the final cast. Last year I believe was the first year in several that a hound that was not a grand pup to Zeb Again didn’t win it. But I know there was a female of Z3 in final cast and I think she placed 2nd.

Last edited by N Williams on 01-23-2020 at 09:20 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:18 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Thousand Dollar Bill and Jessie Jane Littermate both World Champions are off Z3 and Georgia Cyclone Clone is off Tequila Sunrise And Carolina Peach .Sun won 2 trucks he was off Rat Attack.Peach was off Wipeout Zack (Moose) and Tree Talken Annie who went back toFlatrock Coma who was sire to Wipeout Zeb the original Wipeout dog. peach won 1 Truck she was a Littermate to Wipeout Willie who won 2 new Trucks

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:23 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Bill and Jane both won world. Also 3sum and 3D won one. One I believe won acha world. If memory serves me right for 4 years in a row the world was won by Zeb Again grand pups. Wheels won it one year she was off Hellbilly who was off Zeb Again. Bill 3sum and 3D were all sired by Z3. Jane did win a truck and the chkc world hunt. I don’t know how many prohunts were won by Z3 offspring but it was a bunch.

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:40 PM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Original Wipeout Zeb I truly believe was the greatest reproducer of all time. Without him none of this would have started. What stud has ever had the kinda impact he has had on a breed. He did what he did and had less than 60 pups. All he was and Barry will tell you was a deer dog that would fall off on coon. He admitted he was trashy but said it just seemed that the junk he ran would run right into a coon. 😂😂😂 He developed the line with tight line breeding.

Last edited by N Williams on 01-23-2020 at 09:56 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:51 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I owned a female off Wipeout ZEB back in 1999 that was as straight as they come, nothing but a coon! She ran a coon like most dogs run a deer! LOL!

Old Post 01-23-2020 09:59 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by rooster731
2017 ukc triple crown winner white oak bottom jim was also off of him.

There was Three dogs in that litter that were BIG WINNERS!!!!

Old Post 01-23-2020 10:01 PM
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Another dog placed 2nd this year he had a den on the last tree or he would have one 1rst there is a coon treeing trait in the good coma dogs

Old Post 01-23-2020 10:36 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

3 Sum and Hell on Wheels were both off Zeb 3 and BeyBey .Bey Bey was Nation Champion and was off Tequila Sunrise and Eye Knot World Champion Hell on Heels was off Hell Chamber and WipeoutPage .Page is also mama to Money MaxedOut.Hell Chamber is off Wipeout Hellbilly and Stylish Kasey.Hellbilly was off Zeb Again who was Z- 3 daddy Kasey was off Stylish Clover and Wipeout Kate mama to Z-3 Kate was Also Littermate to Moose.Billys mama Dana was also mama to Tequila Margarita Wipeout Pages mama crossed on Tequila Sunrise.confused yet see how the same dogs keep coming up over and over.

Old Post 01-23-2020 10:45 PM
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Stylish Oz Z-3s Grand Daddy was tied for World Championship but got beat on tie breaker.As you can see this line of dogs is World class winners and Reproducers

Old Post 01-23-2020 10:51 PM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
3 Sum and Hell on Wheels were both off Zeb 3 and BeyBey .Bey Bey was Nation Champion and was off Tequila Sunrise and Eye Knot World Champion Hell on Heels was off Hell Chamber and WipeoutPage .Page is also mama to Money MaxedOut.Hell Chamber is off Wipeout Hellbilly and Stylish Kasey.Hellbilly was off Zeb Again who was Z- 3 daddy Kasey was off Stylish Clover and Wipeout Kate mama to Z-3 Kate was Also Littermate to Moose.Billys mama Dana was also mama to Tequila Margarita Wipeout Pages mama crossed on Tequila Sunrise.confused yet see how the same dogs keep coming up over and over.

Hell on heels. She was off Hellbilly. Sorry I got them confused. Wheels and 3 sum. We’re littermats. Wheels didn’t always operate right in a cast. But he was a coondog. I hunted with both of them.

Last edited by N Williams on 01-23-2020 at 11:04 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 11:01 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So Zeb 3 could be linebred back to a Wipeout female or outcrossed to a linebred Sackett Jr female and still produce big hunt winners.
Mr Eddy, I am trying to learn how to replicate a reproducer like Zeb 3. It is a given that Zeb 3 is a reproducer. I am trying to figure out what made him one.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-23-2020 at 11:13 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 11:09 PM
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
So Zeb 3 could be linebred back to a Wipeout female or outcrossed to a linebred Sackett Jr female and still produce big hunt winners.
Mr Eddy, I am trying to learn how to replicate a reproducer like Zeb 3. It is a given that Zeb 3 is a reproducer. I am trying to figure out what made him one.

“You don’t want dogs that want to tree when you breed”. You want to breed for dogs that tree because they have no choice. “Barry kiddy.
Original Zeb, exspecially Zeb Again, and Z3 we’re running dogs that would tree. They didn’t want to tree. Hope this helps. I would say you got to much tree dog to start with. None of these dogs produced what the public typically wanted. They were not always hunt ready by 15 months. Yes they all produced on all lines. Heck hardrock was a wipeout breed. But he found a heavy linebreed wipeout dog crossed on clover and tequila blood was a very good ingredient.

Last edited by N Williams on 01-23-2020 at 11:41 PM

Old Post 01-23-2020 11:39 PM
wart
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

Some of the better ones wouldn't tree until 18 months pretty consistent and some even later the average coonhunter would not keep a young dog that long also sackett Jr. Crossed pretty well it looks like

Old Post 01-24-2020 12:10 AM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by wart
Some of the better ones wouldn't tree until 18 months pretty consistent and some even later the average coonhunter would not keep a young dog that long also sackett Jr. Crossed pretty well it looks like

Hellbilly was off a jr female. He said he was a winner but missed more than all his wipeout dogs. He said Billy always had to go back to a tree to get one last whiff of the coon on a recut. That’s the good thing about a running dog that will tree. You never have to break them from going back to trees. That’s usually a true test. You can pull them off a tree with silly string and they are happier to get back to tracking.

Old Post 01-24-2020 12:24 AM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by N Williams
Hell on heels. She was off Hellbilly. Sorry I got them confused. Wheels and 3 sum. We’re littermats. Wheels didn’t always operate right in a cast. But he was a coondog. I hunted with both of them.

Heels still goes back to Zeb through Wipeout Paige.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:20 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
Heels still goes back to Zeb through Wipeout Paige.

Heels was off HellBilly If I’m not mistaken. Hellbilly was off Zeb Again.

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:23 AM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Yes she is, she's also off Wipeout Paige who is off Zeb again. She is linebred off of Zeb again.

And there's been a few SS winners too.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:37 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rooster731
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by wart

Tommy laughs all the time about how moose was never carried hunting until he was about 18 months old. Just ran loose on the farm with other pups of all ages and started himself. Tommy doesnt have a hound anymore but fergy has a hillside full of nice outfits with that old blood an some new mixed in

Old Post 01-24-2020 01:50 AM
rooster731 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rooster731 Click here to Send rooster731 a Private Message Find more posts by rooster731 Add rooster731 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote