UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Is The Purina Race no longer?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

2020 race is cancelled. 2019 winners still hunt this Spring.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-03-2020 06:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.R.__Ratliff
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Johnson
Kentucky has one of the later State Championship, it’s been held in late September for the last several years.
Last year, 2019, we had zero entry’s for the Purina Race in the hunt.
2018, we had one entry that was trying to seal up the breed race for the B&T’s.
2017 we had 3 entry’s and maybe 4 or 5 if I remember correctly in 2016.
Maybe it’s just our state hunt (because of the time of year) but it seems to have lost its followers.

Mr. Johnson are you the president of the Kentucky houndsmen association? You don't have your facts right about the purina race at the state hunt???
Was you to busy bashing other outdoor men and women (trappers) to pay attention what you was saying????? You personally congratulated Mr. Spears on his race standing and placement in the world hunt. You sir are the reason I am not renewing my membership with the Kentucky Houndsmen Association. Until the get a leader that try's to work with other organizations to help keep outdoor hobbies around for future generations, I won't join. And to not have correct facts isn't professional. I was there that night and heard it all.

Maybe not all the facts help lose the purina hunts.

Last edited by J.R.__Ratliff on 01-04-2020 at 04:55 AM

Old Post 01-04-2020 12:47 AM
J.R.__Ratliff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.R.__Ratliff Click here to Send J.R.__Ratliff a Private Message Click Here to Email J.R.__Ratliff Visit J.R.__Ratliff's homepage! Find more posts by J.R.__Ratliff Add J.R.__Ratliff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerman75
UKC Forum Member

What I dont understand.. it says win 5 hunts an u qualified.. they got 4 regions to hunt in.. after all entrys at the regions they will determine how many dogs from each region go.. they are having 64 dogs for the finals.... for that kind of money it should b an elimination style hunt.. win ur cast an advance.. take all winners an put in casts.. those winners advance.. they doing it same way as the world hint as it is now.. if u win ur cast an your cast only trees one coon.. an all other casts tree 3 or 4 coon.. u wont advance to finals..not every guide has alot of coon.. for that kind of money it should go to a consistent dog.. keep winning keep going.. dont eliminate dogs cuz didnt score high enough... that is what I like about the other kc.. atleast they take all winners an make them hunt again..

GRNITE CH GRFCH GRCH'PR' ALL GRAND HARRYS MAN HTX 2 [walker]

GRCH FCH WCH PR HARRYS BIG BAD BOOMER HTX

NITECH CH VIRGINIAS MIGHTY MOE

Old Post 01-04-2020 01:13 AM
walkerman75 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerman75 Click here to Send walkerman75 a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerman75 Find more posts by walkerman75 Add walkerman75 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M Power
New UKC Forum Member

Thank you Mr. Johnson for what you do to support houndsmman in the state of Ky. Alot of people dont realize what it takes to run one of these organizations and try to keep everyone happy. Not to mention your not profiting from any of this.

And yes the numbers have been down, Ky state hunt averages about 100-120 entries in 2 nights.

Old Post 01-04-2020 07:06 PM
M Power is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M Power Click here to Send M Power a Private Message Click Here to Email M Power Find more posts by M Power Add M Power to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by M Power
Thank you Mr. Johnson for what you do to support houndsmman in the state of Ky. Alot of people dont realize what it takes to run one of these organizations and try to keep everyone happy. Not to mention your not profiting from any of this.

And yes the numbers have been down, Ky state hunt averages about 100-120 entries in 2 nights.

I agree with you 100%. It is a lot of work with not a lot of credit. I was pointing out that he had his numbers incorrect. I wasn't trying to be derogatory in any way. I just thought the readers deserved more accurate numbers. I was also trying to figure out why those people who were in the Purina Race got overlooked at the State Hunt. Maybe we were supposed to notify someone. I don't know. Either way, the race was canceled, and it wasn't Ky's or Mr. Johnson's fault.

As far as someone not agreeing with him or his association's stance on trapping, this wasn't the post nor the place for that. PETA wants to see us fighting with each other. These things need to be addressed elsewhere and not on a public forum.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 01-04-2020 07:26 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M Power
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Time 29
I agree with you 100%. It is a lot of work with not a lot of credit. I was pointing out that he had his numbers incorrect. I wasn't trying to be derogatory in any way. I just thought the readers deserved more accurate numbers. I was also trying to figure out why those people who were in the Purina Race got overlooked at the State Hunt. Maybe we were supposed to notify someone. I don't know. Either way, the race was canceled, and it wasn't Ky's or Mr. Johnson's fault.

As far as someone not agreeing with him or his association's stance on trapping, this wasn't the post nor the place for that. PETA wants to see us fighting with each other. These things need to be addressed elsewhere and not on a public forum.

Your exactly right. I wasn't able to make the hunt last fall. But I do know in years past a person in purina race had to notify entry taker and there was a sheet to sign making sure credit was given and cast was made correctly. Again I wasn't there last year but to my understanding no one announced they were purina or signed the sheet. And maybe the sheet thing changed last year. I'm not sure on that

Old Post 01-04-2020 07:52 PM
M Power is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M Power Click here to Send M Power a Private Message Click Here to Email M Power Find more posts by M Power Add M Power to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by M Power
Your exactly right. I wasn't able to make the hunt last fall. But I do know in years past a person in purina race had to notify entry taker and there was a sheet to sign making sure credit was given and cast was made correctly. Again I wasn't there last year but to my understanding no one announced they were purina or signed the sheet. And maybe the sheet thing changed last year. I'm not sure on that

There has not been a "sheet thing" in years.
We were sent a sheet to keep track of scores but it is for the clubs use not Purina or UKC Everyone that won at a Purina event got points for wins in the race. This year at sometime they discontinued sending dog food coupons to the clubs hosting events without notice of what to do and we had to contact them to have them for coupons to be emailed to corresponding officer. I thought it would have been nice if they had contacted UKC of this change so info on who to contact could have been included with the hunt/show packet.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-04-2020 08:22 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M Power
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
There has not been a "sheet thing" in years.
We were sent a sheet to keep track of scores but it is for the clubs use not Purina or UKC Everyone that won at a Purina event got points for wins in the race. This year at sometime they discontinued sending dog food coupons to the clubs hosting events without notice of what to do and we had to contact them to have them for coupons to be emailed to corresponding officer. I thought it would have been nice if they had contacted UKC of this change so info on who to contact could have been included with the hunt/show packet.

We had a sheet in 2016 that had to be sent into ukc with purina dogs listed I know for a fact. After that I can't say, I haven't officiated a purina hunt since then.But still to be cast together and recieve a non hunting judge, someone must be notified. Not trying to argue, I promise...lol

Last edited by M Power on 01-04-2020 at 08:44 PM

Old Post 01-04-2020 08:39 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, Purina donated $750 as an added purse for the hunt winner of the Grand American. That was nice of them.

Old Post 01-04-2020 10:46 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

This is sad

I attended the Purina nationals as a backup handler last year. Its was possibly the best event I have attended in 30+ years. It gave me hope that our sport could stay alive for many years. I expected as more people experienced it, it would grow and grow by leaps and bounds.
This is a shame.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Old Post 01-05-2020 02:46 AM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote