UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Redbones: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Over 15 Years of My Fireball Line.
Pages (53): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
davecat

Redbone sectional

Are you planning on running a dog?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2010 02:12 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy?

I am thinking of running my Daisy dog but we'll see. I took her again last night treed one coon and caught a possum her and her sister were open trailing but he didn't climb fast enough. They killed him with his guts hanging out before we could get to them. I haven't had a dog run a possum like that in about 15 years. Normally, my stuff won't touch them but this was the first one they had seen. Like I said these dogs haven't been hunted and twice in two weeks is the closest they have ever been hunted together. I am just real nervous about hunting her, for fear of something happening to her before she has several pups. However, 3 nights at Redbone Days might be worth it just to see if I get lucky. I mean she'll tree coons. It's just normally I hunt the dog out of one before I carry it to the hunts.

Old Post 05-04-2010 01:03 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

papers

Dogs hardly surprise me anymore. I have the papers and am having trouble with the computer accepting the printer once Im on this sight.Picking up a female in Indiana Wed also. I am going to have my sister inlaw work with her and maybe bench her at Redbone days.

Old Post 05-04-2010 02:01 AM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Web Page

Well it took me a bit but here it is. It's definately a work in progress but I have finally got a website up and running, enjoy. http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/

Old Post 05-05-2010 06:10 AM
thecoondawg76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thecoondawg76 Click here to Send thecoondawg76 a Private Message Visit thecoondawg76's homepage! Find more posts by thecoondawg76 Add thecoondawg76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Well it long be long now until my pups are at their new homes. Boy have they grown, ears included. Their ears now wrap plum around their noses and almost back to their eyes. Guess that old blood is coming out.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

http://atomicfireballkennels.webs.com/
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=341228
Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 04-01-2011 at 07:15 PM

Old Post 05-06-2010 04:22 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Daisy

Well went out again last night. I dumped Daisy out right on top of a deer, just to make sure after the possum incident that she wasn't going to run anything else funny. She went right past the deer never made a peep and fell in got struck and treed in a few minutes. I tell you one thing for sure this little female has got more go than I originally thought she did. I guess old Ann is pulling through better than I thought becuase boy am I glad I have a tracking system. After I pulled her off that tree I don't guess they were moving much or have been thinned out becuase I didn't see her for almost 2 hours. She was running all over the country trying to find one though (watched her ont he tracking system) and once I got ready to go it took her a while to get caught back up with me.

And the closest ones alive to GrNtCh Oklahoma Twister (the #1 reproducing son of Fireball) and GrNtCh Yellow River Rocky (the #2 reproducing son of Fireball) . Thanks to alot of help from my friends.

Handler of:
NtCh GrCh "PR" Dan Langston (Has 2 wins towards GrNtCh in the hunts) ( 10yr old owner asked for me to bring him back to his home) (wouldn't sell) (Ch D8 Dozer (bear hound from all coondog stock, out of my breeding) x NtCh Music/ Kitty) (33% Fireball thru heavy line breeding the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded hound alive, who is hunt titled )

Home of:
'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady (GrNtCh. Barnyard Horse Harry x GrCh Daisy (was the highest Fireball blooded female alive)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Toes ('PR' Atomic Fireball's Fast Talker (nephew to Bookem Danno) x 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Harry Lady

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Dixie (NtCh GrCh. 'PR' Dan Langston x 'PR'Harry Lady)

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Two Toes (NtCh GrCh Dan Langston x Atomic Fireball's Toes
Didn't have the deep hunt style I like but is a solid coonhound. Been treeing her own since her second night in the woods at 8 months old.

Former home of:
(Qualified for the 2011 World Hunt) NtCh. 'PR'Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty RIP (NtCh.Twister's Musical Red Huey x NtCh. Sawblade Red Reckon) RIP

GrNtCh Fireball's Jackpot Jackie, highest placing Redbone female ever, in the UKC World Hunt . RIP

GrCh. 'PR' Atomic Fireball's Little Daisy RIP (Was the highest GrNtCh Fireball blooded female in the world at the time) (Qualified for the 2010 World Show).

'PR' Atomic Fireball's Red River (Daisy x Brown's Oklahoma Twister) RIP (heatstroke)

Ch. D-8 Dozer (Was the Highest blooded GrNtCh Fireball blooded male in the world until I had the GrNtCh Twister pups from here) Was sent to be bear hunted because of his size and me being disabled. RIP

First and only sons of the Old GrNtCh #7 Historical Reproducer Brown's Okl. Twister (the #1 Producing Son of Fireball) in 15 years..

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 04-01-2011 at 07:16 PM

Old Post 05-11-2010 03:17 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Took a picture of the pups this morning. I guess this is what happens when you put coon scent on a piece of rope. They were going crazy over it. I've never done this before but figured I'd just see what they did. Well it's been storming and raining here for the last few days. Hopefully, today I can get some pictures of the pups, after church. Went to go last night again storms blew in again, hailing a little, lightning everywhere couldn't find anyone else willing to go so I just came back to the house. Maybe next time I go I'll remember to bring along the camera again hunting.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-16-2010 02:54 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Storms

Well they just won't quit around my area. Every night here lately stuff blows in. So I didn't get the pup pics again but I did go hunting. I drove about an hour to get in behind some bad storms thunder and lighting everywhere. Dumped out Daisy she went in didn't hit anything right off so I figured I'd work on her handling easier. We worked on her coming to me, hunting closer when told and staying near me when I told her to, etc.. Then I sent her out again well she still hadn't hit anything and I was beginning to think she wasn't. I hadn't seen her for a while and then she came running past. She didn't make it much more than about 15 yards from me when she slammed on the brakes whirled around made 3 quick loops about 20 feet wide and locked down. I was near an old house place and the coon was up a huge oak, about the biggest I've seen in a while. During her loops she checked all the trees around but there was no scent on them. So she stood up on her back feet treeing straight up in the air, never put her nose to the ground. The way this dog trees these things with as little time as she's had in the woods is crazy. I think this was just her 19th time to the woods and I've yet to not tree a coon in the last several drops.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-17-2010 03:23 PM
davecat

blood from new female

Hey coondawg,I got a female from John Ingram a couple weeks back. Really like her alot. Great looking and smart dog.Sire is Nite chThackers Timberchoppin Dan. Dam is Thackers smokin belle. The rest of the dam side is coffman and red river blood. Back of the sire is pine meadow with Timberchopper and coonrunnin turpins hotshot-2. Hope she crosses well. She isnt finished but will be soon. Ive seen enough to know I will bred her with my Ciscoe 3.

Old Post 05-18-2010 06:45 PM
davecat

papers

They are in the mail now. I sent fot the largest set and added the 15 bucks xtra so they would be here for you to look at. I was going to go catfishing tonite but I think gonna go coonhunting instead. Any good catfishing down by you? I can catch panfish and catfish. I have really bad luck trying for anything else. Nothing better than a cat fillet except bear burgers. My wife can tell Im into dogs like I used to be.After over 2 years or more of being laid up, it sure is great wanting to do things again.

Old Post 05-18-2010 11:33 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Bear Burgers

Now there's something I'd like to try. Me, my brother and Dad went still-hunting in New Mexico, at a place I found, right before I got deployed to Iraq. I stayed up all night getting the corral, shower, hammocks, etc.. set-up. So I slept in our first morning. My brother went about 300 yards from camp and shot one and that was the only one we saw. A nice cinnamon colored Black Bear around 250 lbs. Well I had done some reading on how to cut them up and what parts of the meat were best to eat and so I told him what parts to cut-up. Well it wasn't until we got back to the house I found out he didn't cut-up any of the meat. So bear is still something I have yet to eat. On the fish we've got plenty of Bass, Catfish, etc.. I mainly Bass fish but on them real nice days it's also fun just to sit around and do some Catfishing.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-19-2010 03:25 PM
davecat

bear burgers

im out of bear meat so i called my brother and hes checkin to see if he has any ribs. If not we will find some. Ribs are even better than the burgers. They are very thick. My wife who is a veggy eater only now had some I cooked up and said that was the best she ever had ate. And my wife is a great cook. Ill have her cook something good when you are here and will send some wine home with you also.A wine glass at nite is all you need and it helps you sleep. Couldnt go hunting last nite. My better half had somehow got my keys in her purse and she was gone to a birthday party. Have you heard if they are going to have a kids bench show. If so Id like to have my nephew and niece enter the pup Im getting from you. They are 5 and 3 and have seen 50-75 bears. They each have their own little plastic buckets for carrying bear bait. They love the hounds.

Old Post 05-19-2010 03:58 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Normally

Normally, they do have a kids bench show. Also treeing contest, etc.. alot of the stuff that isn't UKC sanctioned they kind of do on the fly but they should know by the time we get there when they are doing it. If I bring this extra female I about bet she'll win the treeing contest and should do well in the hunt. I've been working with Daisy on the bench to. Daisy is a good tree dog but she doesn't chop as fast as this other female. I'll work with the pup I'm bringing on showing also then. He's sure nice looking.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 05-19-2010 at 04:59 PM

Old Post 05-19-2010 04:54 PM
davecat

Redbone days

I sent you a pm

Old Post 05-20-2010 01:59 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

PM

it hasn't showed up yet.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-20-2010 03:36 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Road Trip

Well I got 3 of the pups dropped off this weekend. The trip to Tenn. and then Ill. and back home was a bit long but had some good times meeting everyone and talking about the hounds. I sure can't wait to see how all these pups turn out. One more trip to Redbone Days in Wisc. and all the pups will be at their new homes. Won't be long now until Redbone Days now.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-23-2010 09:55 PM
davecat

red curs

My friend decided to keep his 2 curs and redbone mix. We were talking about Redbone days and I think he wants to start hunting with his grandsons now. Good for him, getting some more young people into coonhunting. If he changes his mind Ill let you know.Very hot here this weekend 89 and humid. Better next week I hope. Too hot to run the dogs last nite. Gonna try tonite.

Old Post 05-24-2010 03:23 PM
davecat

HOT

Record high today at 93 deg.The cement on the highway actually breaks up. Somehow the cement explodes. Too hot to even exercise the dogs and had to put on the air. Im not one for hot weather. My wifes Mnt. Cur was even panting today. Supposed to cool off after this week I guess. Hopefully it will. Looks like you did some traveling. Always nice to meet new people though. When I went to Indiana it looked like coonhunting paradise. John Ingram has a very nice place in the country and is a standup type guy. Glad I met him. Gonna ask him sometime if i can come out there to coonhunt. Invited him here for a bearhunt also.See ya in a week.

Old Post 05-25-2010 01:41 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Redman

Well it looks like it's a little closer than I thought, only about 15 hours. That'll be about like the trip I made to breed to Bo and get a pup out of him, in Ohio. I did that over a weekend also. Sure don't get much sleep doing all that traveling that quick. That's the reason I think at this point I am probably going to come up Wed. evening before the Thurs. hunt. I think I may turn my Daisy female loose, at the Thurs. hunt, just to see what happens but I am showing her for sure. I am still trying to get a buddy of mine to either come with me or let me loan his dog for the hunt. I really don't want to turn Daisy loose in unfamiliar territory. Also his dog is also a finished hound that I really think I could likely win the whole hunt with if not at least place fairly high. Daisy just hasn't been in the woods enough. I mean she trees coons everytime I take her but I don't want to be hunting something that's pretty well there I want it to be rrrright.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-25-2010 02:47 PM
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

davecat

93 that sounds like weather from down here. I may end up with a better shot at doing something up there than I thought. We have that pretty regular but normally when I come up north things cool considerably. Well like the last time I really came up there and hunted was several years back. It had been in the 80's at night down here. My Ann female was at Harry O's house and had been just sitting in the pen being bred. We turned her out with Rebel, Music, and some others. She was hardly even panting. Harry said boy that dog must have been in good shape to run like that after sitting around that long. I told him well I think it has more to do with it being 60 degrees she thinks the air conditioner is on.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Old Post 05-25-2010 02:53 PM
In Redman Hound
UKC Forum Member

thecoondawg76

Thats sounds like the same boat Im In with Queen we had her ready for the hunts & she started going into field tile here & I stoped hunting her because I was afaird I would lose her the last time she treed in one here she was back in the ground about 275 feet.

She worth more than a title dog to me because of the pups she is producing I sure dont want to lose her & we cant seem to break her from going in them seems like it always something.

I might try hunting her in a few places were Im pretty sure theres no tile while she packing these pups.

Im not for sure how far it is to WI from here I just know its a good ways.

Keep me posted on your Fireball gips might want to get a pup off of you to cross back on Light'in sometime down the road.

Thanks Redman

EDDIE TERRY & NETTA 1-765-774-3301

***WE HAVE STARTED DOGS TIME TO TIME FORSALE. THANKS FOR LOOKING***

***HOME OF WHERE COONDOGS & TREEDOGS ARE BORN NOT MAN MADE***

***A PROVEN LINE OF DOGS THAT IS WORKING GREAT ON BEAR & COON & MT. LION HAVE PLENTY OF REFS. ON THEM YOU CAN CALL.***

********(((One More Little Dump Kennel = Daylight)))********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********* I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY I'M LIVING & MY 2nd CHANCE ON LIFE *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-25-2010 11:45 PM
In Redman Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In Redman Hound Click here to Send In Redman Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email In Redman Hound Find more posts by In Redman Hound Add In Redman Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thecoondawg76
UKC Forum Member

Pups

I'll sure keep ya posted. I'd like to come by sometime and hunt with Lightning too, once you get him back. Most of the pups I'll be having for a little while, will be from dogs that have past long as the first round of this goes ok and she has a decent amount of pups. Guys at the storage facilities say it's best to breed females to frozen semen when they are as young as possible. We were even looking at breeding Jackie to some frozen semen but that kind of fell off when we started looking at cost and probabilities of pups period never mind how many she might have due to her age. I know for me as long as all goes well the next 3 litters I plan to do frozen semen on Daisy. Once these are done so I have the rare blood still then I'll feel safe turning her loose enough to really get her right and finish her off in the hunts. Then I plan to come back and breed her to various live studs until she can't have puppies or we start having to do them all c-section. I do plan to hunt the fire out of her pups though becuase if something happens to them there will be other possibilities. Where as if something happens to Daisy I'm just out.

Handler of:

Home of:

Former home of:

Steve Bell

Last edited by thecoondawg76 on 04-01-2011 at 07:23 PM

Old Post 05-26-2010 02:34 PM
davecat

ANOTHER HOT DAY

Another hot and humid day here. After today it is supposed to cool down. Got 2 sections of the portable kennel done and am working on a bigger box for the pheasnt chicks. After today i hope I can exercise Annie and work on the bench with her. Supposed to be cooler next week for Red days. This hot weather really sucks.

Old Post 05-26-2010 07:39 PM
In Redman Hound
UKC Forum Member

thecoondawg76

yea, let me know when u get some more pups on the ground I need to do somemore line breeding on Light'in.

Another HOT one here also looking at this screen it says 94 rite now my son & Charlie hunted lastnight they had to hunt on water it was so hot & muggy.

Steve I listed a place on the Light'in thread about a place in OK thats dealing with frozen seman hope this will help.

Redman

EDDIE TERRY & NETTA 1-765-774-3301

***WE HAVE STARTED DOGS TIME TO TIME FORSALE. THANKS FOR LOOKING***

***HOME OF WHERE COONDOGS & TREEDOGS ARE BORN NOT MAN MADE***

***A PROVEN LINE OF DOGS THAT IS WORKING GREAT ON BEAR & COON & MT. LION HAVE PLENTY OF REFS. ON THEM YOU CAN CALL.***

********(((One More Little Dump Kennel = Daylight)))********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!********* I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY I'M LIVING & MY 2nd CHANCE ON LIFE *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 05-26-2010 11:48 PM
In Redman Hound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for In Redman Hound Click here to Send In Redman Hound a Private Message Click Here to Email In Redman Hound Find more posts by In Redman Hound Add In Redman Hound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
davecat

weather

Back down in the 50s at nite finally.Should be nice weather for Redbone days. See you in a few.

Old Post 05-29-2010 04:42 PM